Total Posts:43|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

James Comey's "Oops." Moment

YYW
Posts: 36,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 10:45:49 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
James Comey is the guy in charge of the FBI, for now. He made a decision that I think is pretty easily going to bring about the end of his political career. The decision which will be so costly to him was his ill-advised choice where he broke rank and wrote a letter to congress informing congress that new emails had surfaced in an unrelated case which were pertinent to the (highly politically charged) Clinton investigation. The "unrelated" investigation was a probe into disgraced former congressman Anthony Weiner's sex sting where it was discovered that he was sexting a 15 year old girl. Disgusting.

It should be noted that Hillary was in no way involved with Anthony Weiner's sex sting, but his humiliated wife, a former Clinton aide, used the same router that Weiner did because they once lived together. Interesting, right? That's how the FBI came to find these emails, which they got LONG BEFORE Comey sat down before congress and admonished Clinton for being "careless" and other bad things, but not criminal. In a hilarious twist of irony, Comey did the exact same thing Hillary did: he didn't do his homework before he addressed congress in the first instance.

Ever the consistent slacker, Comey again failed to do his homework before writing congress. Comey, always one to jump the gun, indicated in this letter that he had failed to determine whether he'd stumbled into anything relevant or not because he hadn't reviewed the emails. The predictable results ensued: the Trump campaign went wild, and the Clinton campaign went on the defense. The margin by which Clinton led Trump narrowed considerably. And in what can only be described as the single greatest acts of professional stupidity, Comey unleashed a firestrom from the Republicans that very well may change the outcome of this presidential race. If Trump is elected, Comey will be to blame. This is one of the many reasons why the FBI, the Justice Department, and every other branch of government has a longstanding tradition of remaining apolitical.

It should come as no surprise that Comey was strongly advised NOT to engage in any form of this activity by both parties, but he did anyway... and here we are, in yet another error, which continues an ongoing comedy of errors, that has turned American politics into something more closely akin to a Greek Tragedy than a change in power in the first world. A more attentive and less stupid Comey would have actually ascertained whether the emails were, in fact, pertinent before writing congress giving Trump a basis to say that "perhaps, finally, justice will be done" (by "justice" trump means "throw Hillary in jail," which he has repeatedly threatened to do, making the Republican nominee akin to such political figures in the past as Joseph Stalin, Nicolae Ceausescu, and Kim Jong Un.... even Iran's Ayatollah has not, to my knowledge, sank to that level).

Even more comedic, the FBI didn't have a warrant to get these "potentially" relevant emails. ("We do not have a warrant," a senior law enforcement official said. "Discussions are under way [between the FBI and the Justice Department] as to the best way to move forward." https://www.yahoo.com...) It is very probable that Comey even broke the law in the manner and method in which he conveyed this information to congress, not to mention the fact that Comey violated numerous FBI policies which should have prevented him from sending this letter.

I'm reminded of Nietzsche: "Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you." The State Department had a policy against using private email servers just like the FBI had policies preventing, among many other things, interfering with US presidential elections. Comey broke those policies, and Hillary broke the State Department's policy. The difference, of course, is that no one was harmed by what Hillary did. The country has already been harmed by what Comey did, and may continue to suffer more harm yet. It seems that Comey has become the very thing he was fighting against.

Further, Comey knew of the risks. Hillary didn't even know of the risks, but Comey did. He knew about the FBI's policy of not doing things that interfere with presidential elections, and flagrantly disregarded them. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com...)

Comey, to his credit, didn't intend any harm. (Comey says that he didn"t "want to create a misleading impression," but that"s precisely what he did. He had to know that his vague letter to Congress virtually demanded elaboration from "senior government officials," who would apply their own gloss, in the form of leaks. http://www.newyorker.com...) But here, he's created more harm than he could have imagined... and he has also exposed himself to criminal prosecution, professional discipline, and he likely has ended his career. Harry Reid is out for blood, and will likely serve Comey's career instead of a Thanksgiving Turkey this year. That is, of course, assuming that Loretta Lynch doesn't get him first.

Novels could be written. They should be written. This is the dawning of a new age.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 11:20:37 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/30/2016 11:19:52 PM, Death23 wrote:
Another fabricated version of the facts brought to you by YYW.

lol you can't read, can you
Tsar of DDO
Death23
Posts: 779
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 11:25:22 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/30/2016 11:20:37 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/30/2016 11:19:52 PM, Death23 wrote:
Another fabricated version of the facts brought to you by YYW.

lol you can't read, can you

It's ok. We can have the facts be whatever you say they are.
YYW
Posts: 36,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 11:51:46 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/30/2016 11:25:22 PM, Death23 wrote:
At 10/30/2016 11:20:37 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/30/2016 11:19:52 PM, Death23 wrote:
Another fabricated version of the facts brought to you by YYW.

lol you can't read, can you

It's ok. We can have the facts be whatever you say they are.

The irony of course is that you're not even intellectually capable of meaningfully responding to me, but feel compelled by some perverse impulse to make snide remarks.

You're like an ankle biting dog.
Tsar of DDO
Death23
Posts: 779
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 11:52:43 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/30/2016 11:51:46 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/30/2016 11:25:22 PM, Death23 wrote:
At 10/30/2016 11:20:37 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/30/2016 11:19:52 PM, Death23 wrote:
Another fabricated version of the facts brought to you by YYW.

lol you can't read, can you

It's ok. We can have the facts be whatever you say they are.

The irony of course is that you're not even intellectually capable of meaningfully responding to me, but feel compelled by some perverse impulse to make snide remarks.

You're like an ankle biting dog.

Your words... they're like daggers. Please, somebody help me!
YYW
Posts: 36,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 11:54:25 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/30/2016 11:52:43 PM, Death23 wrote:
At 10/30/2016 11:51:46 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/30/2016 11:25:22 PM, Death23 wrote:
At 10/30/2016 11:20:37 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/30/2016 11:19:52 PM, Death23 wrote:
Another fabricated version of the facts brought to you by YYW.

lol you can't read, can you

It's ok. We can have the facts be whatever you say they are.

The irony of course is that you're not even intellectually capable of meaningfully responding to me, but feel compelled by some perverse impulse to make snide remarks.

You're like an ankle biting dog.

Your words... they're like daggers. Please, somebody help me!

I doubt you even read this, or, even if you did, if you understood it. The further irony is that you probably agree with most, if not all, of what I said.

lol

Btw. are you like 14 years old? I think you must be.
Tsar of DDO
Vaarka
Posts: 7,533
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 12:01:45 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/30/2016 11:56:04 PM, YYW wrote:
Observers will note that Death agrees with me on like 89% of the big issues.

This observer doesn't give a crap ;3
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
YYW
Posts: 36,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 12:03:46 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/31/2016 12:01:45 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/30/2016 11:56:04 PM, YYW wrote:
Observers will note that Death agrees with me on like 89% of the big issues.

This observer doesn't give a crap ;3

Really, nor should you. Death isn't even intellectually sophisticated enough to appreciate when someone is on his own side.
Tsar of DDO
Death23
Posts: 779
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 12:09:09 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/30/2016 11:54:25 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/30/2016 11:52:43 PM, Death23 wrote:
At 10/30/2016 11:51:46 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/30/2016 11:25:22 PM, Death23 wrote:
At 10/30/2016 11:20:37 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/30/2016 11:19:52 PM, Death23 wrote:
Another fabricated version of the facts brought to you by YYW.

lol you can't read, can you

It's ok. We can have the facts be whatever you say they are.

The irony of course is that you're not even intellectually capable of meaningfully responding to me, but feel compelled by some perverse impulse to make snide remarks.

You're like an ankle biting dog.

Your words... they're like daggers. Please, somebody help me!

I doubt you even read this, or, even if you did, if you understood it. The further irony is that you probably agree with most, if not all, of what I said.

lol

Btw. are you like 14 years old? I think you must be.

Your post is long-winded bullsh!t just like half of the other crap you post on these forums. You never offer any evidence. All you ever have is an appeal to intellectual snobbery.

1. Comey "broke rank"

What rank? His duty is to his office.

2. Comey is a "consistent slacker"

Based on what?

3. Comey "failed to do his homework before writing congress"

How do you know?

4. Comey is "always one to jump the gun"

Based on what?

5. Comey is inattentive and stupid

Based on what?

6. "It is very probable that Comey even broke the law"

Which law?

7. Comey violated "numerous FBI policies"

More than one?

Please do bullsh!t more.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 12:10:55 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/30/2016 10:45:49 PM, YYW wrote:
James Comey is the guy in charge of the FBI, for now. He made a decision that I think is pretty easily going to bring about the end of his political career. ...

I can only imagine the frantic backroom sweetheart deals being tossed around the last few weeks as Hillary is about to be beat at her own game of backroom bribery.

Comey will be just fine, assuming Hillary loses.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 12:38:33 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/30/2016 10:45:49 PM, YYW wrote:
James Comey is the guy in charge of the FBI, for now. He made a decision that I think is pretty easily going to bring about the end of his political career. The decision which will be so costly to him was his ill-advised choice where he broke rank and wrote a letter to congress informing congress that new emails had surfaced in an unrelated case which were pertinent to the (highly politically charged) Clinton investigation. The "unrelated" investigation was a probe into disgraced former congressman Anthony Weiner's sex sting where it was discovered that he was sexting a 15 year old girl. Disgusting.

It should be noted that Hillary was in no way involved with Anthony Weiner's sex sting, but his humiliated wife, a former Clinton aide, used the same router that Weiner did because they once lived together. Interesting, right? That's how the FBI came to find these emails, which they got LONG BEFORE Comey sat down before congress and admonished Clinton for being "careless" and other bad things, but not criminal. In a hilarious twist of irony, Comey did the exact same thing Hillary did: he didn't do his homework before he addressed congress in the first instance.

Ever the consistent slacker, Comey again failed to do his homework before writing congress. Comey, always one to jump the gun, indicated in this letter that he had failed to determine whether he'd stumbled into anything relevant or not because he hadn't reviewed the emails. The predictable results ensued: the Trump campaign went wild, and the Clinton campaign went on the defense. The margin by which Clinton led Trump narrowed considerably. And in what can only be described as the single greatest acts of professional stupidity, Comey unleashed a firestrom from the Republicans that very well may change the outcome of this presidential race. If Trump is elected, Comey will be to blame. This is one of the many reasons why the FBI, the Justice Department, and every other branch of government has a longstanding tradition of remaining apolitical.

It should come as no surprise that Comey was strongly advised NOT to engage in any form of this activity by both parties, but he did anyway... and here we are, in yet another error, which continues an ongoing comedy of errors, that has turned American politics into something more closely akin to a Greek Tragedy than a change in power in the first world. A more attentive and less stupid Comey would have actually ascertained whether the emails were, in fact, pertinent before writing congress giving Trump a basis to say that "perhaps, finally, justice will be done" (by "justice" trump means "throw Hillary in jail," which he has repeatedly threatened to do, making the Republican nominee akin to such political figures in the past as Joseph Stalin, Nicolae Ceausescu, and Kim Jong Un.... even Iran's Ayatollah has not, to my knowledge, sank to that level).

Even more comedic, the FBI didn't have a warrant to get these "potentially" relevant emails. ("We do not have a warrant," a senior law enforcement official said. "Discussions are under way [between the FBI and the Justice Department] as to the best way to move forward." https://www.yahoo.com...) It is very probable that Comey even broke the law in the manner and method in which he conveyed this information to congress, not to mention the fact that Comey violated numerous FBI policies which should have prevented him from sending this letter.

I'm reminded of Nietzsche: "Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you." The State Department had a policy against using private email servers just like the FBI had policies preventing, among many other things, interfering with US presidential elections. Comey broke those policies, and Hillary broke the State Department's policy. The difference, of course, is that no one was harmed by what Hillary did. The country has already been harmed by what Comey did, and may continue to suffer more harm yet. It seems that Comey has become the very thing he was fighting against.

Further, Comey knew of the risks. Hillary didn't even know of the risks, but Comey did. He knew about the FBI's policy of not doing things that interfere with presidential elections, and flagrantly disregarded them. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com...)

Comey, to his credit, didn't intend any harm. (Comey says that he didn"t "want to create a misleading impression," but that"s precisely what he did. He had to know that his vague letter to Congress virtually demanded elaboration from "senior government officials," who would apply their own gloss, in the form of leaks. http://www.newyorker.com...) But here, he's created more harm than he could have imagined... and he has also exposed himself to criminal prosecution, professional discipline, and he likely has ended his career. Harry Reid is out for blood, and will likely serve Comey's career instead of a Thanksgiving Turkey this year. That is, of course, assuming that Loretta Lynch doesn't get him first.

Novels could be written. They should be written. This is the dawning of a new age.

I can agree with most of this OP. Comey is not sophisticated enough to plot this out, understand the ramifications, or have the the balls to make use use of this.

Further, I agree that what Clinton did was idiotic, but what Comey has done is breaking with every bit of FBI history.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 12:59:00 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/30/2016 10:45:49 PM, YYW wrote:


Comey, to his credit, didn't intend any harm. (Comey says that he didn"t "want to create a misleading impression," but that"s precisely what he did. He had to know that his vague letter to Congress virtually demanded elaboration from "senior government officials," who would apply their own gloss, in the form of leaks. http://www.newyorker.com...) But here, he's created more harm than he could have imagined... and he has also exposed himself to criminal prosecution, professional discipline, and he likely has ended his career. Harry Reid is out for blood, and will likely serve Comey's career instead of a Thanksgiving Turkey this year. That is, of course, assuming that Loretta Lynch doesn't get him first.

Novels could be written. They should be written. This is the dawning of a new age.

I love how the FBI delivering an October surprise is breaking with History; while parading sexual predator accusers in the last week of October is traditional.

Bribery and corruption does not respect tradition.

Time to make some new traditions.
YYW
Posts: 36,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 12:59:48 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/31/2016 12:09:09 AM, Death23 wrote:

lol you clearly don't read... or follow the news, or even see links. This is so hilarious. You are really not a good contributor.
Tsar of DDO
Death23
Posts: 779
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 1:05:28 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/31/2016 12:59:48 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/31/2016 12:09:09 AM, Death23 wrote:

lol you clearly don't read... or follow the news, or even see links. This is so hilarious. You are really not a good contributor.

More bullsh!t I see. I'm shocked.
YYW
Posts: 36,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 1:11:33 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/31/2016 1:05:28 AM, Death23 wrote:
At 10/31/2016 12:59:48 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/31/2016 12:09:09 AM, Death23 wrote:

lol you clearly don't read... or follow the news, or even see links. This is so hilarious. You are really not a good contributor.

More bullsh!t I see. I'm shocked.

lol I wonder why you even bother to reply. Do you feel like you've accomplished something?
Tsar of DDO
Death23
Posts: 779
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 1:17:54 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/31/2016 1:11:33 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/31/2016 1:05:28 AM, Death23 wrote:
At 10/31/2016 12:59:48 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/31/2016 12:09:09 AM, Death23 wrote:

lol you clearly don't read... or follow the news, or even see links. This is so hilarious. You are really not a good contributor.

More bullsh!t I see. I'm shocked.

lol I wonder why you even bother to reply. Do you feel like you've accomplished something?

Could ask the same about you m8
YYW
Posts: 36,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 1:19:33 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/31/2016 1:17:54 AM, Death23 wrote:
At 10/31/2016 1:11:33 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/31/2016 1:05:28 AM, Death23 wrote:
At 10/31/2016 12:59:48 AM, YYW wrote:
At 10/31/2016 12:09:09 AM, Death23 wrote:

lol you clearly don't read... or follow the news, or even see links. This is so hilarious. You are really not a good contributor.

More bullsh!t I see. I'm shocked.

lol I wonder why you even bother to reply. Do you feel like you've accomplished something?

Could ask the same about you m8

So you don't feel like you've accomplished something?
Tsar of DDO
lannan13
Posts: 23,021
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 1:23:05 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/30/2016 11:20:37 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/30/2016 11:19:52 PM, Death23 wrote:
Another fabricated version of the facts brought to you by YYW.

lol you can't read, can you

He's one of those people who only hear facts when they are in his favor.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
YYW
Posts: 36,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 1:24:39 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/31/2016 1:23:05 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 10/30/2016 11:20:37 PM, YYW wrote:
At 10/30/2016 11:19:52 PM, Death23 wrote:
Another fabricated version of the facts brought to you by YYW.

lol you can't read, can you

He's one of those people who only hear facts when they are in his favor.

I get that sense. It seems like he just likes to be a stupid contrarian, for the sake of being a stupid contrarian. He's not even an especially articulate stupid contrarian.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 3:57:07 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
What's really amazing to me is that if people followed the news, they'd find that everything I said is consistent with what facts are commonly known. Like, if Death23 had even a scintilla of understanding with respect to the events and circumstances that precipitated this incident with Comey, he wouldn't be saying idiotic things like he has in this thread.

http://www.nbcnews.com...

The reality is that when people just say stupid things off the top of their heads, they're embarrassing themselves and really acting pretty shamefully.
Tsar of DDO
Death23
Posts: 779
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 5:02:59 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/31/2016 3:57:07 AM, YYW wrote:
What's really amazing to me is that if people followed the news, they'd find that everything I said is consistent with what facts are commonly known.

No, it wasn't. Some of what you said was factual. A lot of it wasn't. There are so many exaggerations / embellishments in your post that it's pointless to be specific about them, and your personal attacks on Comey were patently false. You asserted that it's "very probable" that Comey's conduct was criminal. That was conjecture, and it wasn't consistent with some of your other statements, particularly when you said that Comey "didn't intend any harm". If you actually look at the the section of the Hatch act Reid is referring to (5 USC " 7323(a)(1)), it's clear that the purpose underlying the questioned conduct is an essential element to the crime. At this point, there's no clear indication that the purpose of Comey's conduct was to affect the election other than timing. That's not good enough evidence to conclude that it's "very probable" that Comey violated the Hatch act. Somewhere between possible and plausible would be more accurate.
YYW
Posts: 36,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 5:10:44 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/31/2016 5:02:59 AM, Death23 wrote:
At 10/31/2016 3:57:07 AM, YYW wrote:
What's really amazing to me is that if people followed the news, they'd find that everything I said is consistent with what facts are commonly known.

No, it wasn't. Some of what you said was factual. A lot of it wasn't. There are so many exaggerations / embellishments in your post that it's pointless to be specific about them, and your personal attacks on Comey were patently false. You asserted that it's "very probable" that Comey's conduct was criminal. That was conjecture, and it wasn't consistent with some of your other statements, particularly when you said that Comey "didn't intend any harm". If you actually look at the the section of the Hatch act Reid is referring to (5 USC " 7323(a)(1)), it's clear that the purpose underlying the questioned conduct is an essential element to the crime. At this point, there's no clear indication that the purpose of Comey's conduct was to affect the election other than timing. That's not good enough evidence to conclude that it's "very probable" that Comey violated the Hatch act. Somewhere between possible and plausible would be more accurate.

Omg you're trying to talk about the law now.... it's like watching a toddler play with matches.
Tsar of DDO
Chang29
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 6:33:52 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Impeach Comey and his boss! He is clearly is incompetent.
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.
2for1
Posts: 82
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 11:16:47 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/30/2016 10:45:49 PM, YYW wrote:
James Comey is the guy in charge of the FBI, for now. He made a decision that I think is pretty easily going to bring about the end of his political career. The decision which will be so costly to him was his ill-advised choice where he broke rank and wrote a letter to congress informing congress that new emails had surfaced in an unrelated case which were pertinent to the (highly politically charged) Clinton investigation. The "unrelated" investigation was a probe into disgraced former congressman Anthony Weiner's sex sting where it was discovered that he was sexting a 15 year old girl. Disgusting.

It should be noted that Hillary was in no way involved with Anthony Weiner's sex sting, but his humiliated wife, a former Clinton aide, used the same router that Weiner did because they once lived together. Interesting, right? That's how the FBI came to find these emails, which they got LONG BEFORE Comey sat down before congress and admonished Clinton for being "careless" and other bad things, but not criminal. In a hilarious twist of irony, Comey did the exact same thing Hillary did: he didn't do his homework before he addressed congress in the first instance.

Ever the consistent slacker, Comey again failed to do his homework before writing congress. Comey, always one to jump the gun, indicated in this letter that he had failed to determine whether he'd stumbled into anything relevant or not because he hadn't reviewed the emails. The predictable results ensued: the Trump campaign went wild, and the Clinton campaign went on the defense. The margin by which Clinton led Trump narrowed considerably. And in what can only be described as the single greatest acts of professional stupidity, Comey unleashed a firestrom from the Republicans that very well may change the outcome of this presidential race. If Trump is elected, Comey will be to blame. This is one of the many reasons why the FBI, the Justice Department, and every other branch of government has a longstanding tradition of remaining apolitical.

It should come as no surprise that Comey was strongly advised NOT to engage in any form of this activity by both parties, but he did anyway... and here we are, in yet another error, which continues an ongoing comedy of errors, that has turned American politics into something more closely akin to a Greek Tragedy than a change in power in the first world. A more attentive and less stupid Comey would have actually ascertained whether the emails were, in fact, pertinent before writing congress giving Trump a basis to say that "perhaps, finally, justice will be done" (by "justice" trump means "throw Hillary in jail," which he has repeatedly threatened to do, making the Republican nominee akin to such political figures in the past as Joseph Stalin, Nicolae Ceausescu, and Kim Jong Un.... even Iran's Ayatollah has not, to my knowledge, sank to that level).

Even more comedic, the FBI didn't have a warrant to get these "potentially" relevant emails. ("We do not have a warrant," a senior law enforcement official said. "Discussions are under way [between the FBI and the Justice Department] as to the best way to move forward." https://www.yahoo.com...) It is very probable that Comey even broke the law in the manner and method in which he conveyed this information to congress, not to mention the fact that Comey violated numerous FBI policies which should have prevented him from sending this letter.

I'm reminded of Nietzsche: "Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you." The State Department had a policy against using private email servers just like the FBI had policies preventing, among many other things, interfering with US presidential elections. Comey broke those policies, and Hillary broke the State Department's policy. The difference, of course, is that no one was harmed by what Hillary did. The country has already been harmed by what Comey did, and may continue to suffer more harm yet. It seems that Comey has become the very thing he was fighting against.

Further, Comey knew of the risks. Hillary didn't even know of the risks, but Comey did. He knew about the FBI's policy of not doing things that interfere with presidential elections, and flagrantly disregarded them. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com...)

Comey, to his credit, didn't intend any harm. (Comey says that he didn"t "want to create a misleading impression," but that"s precisely what he did. He had to know that his vague letter to Congress virtually demanded elaboration from "senior government officials," who would apply their own gloss, in the form of leaks. http://www.newyorker.com...) But here, he's created more harm than he could have imagined... and he has also exposed himself to criminal prosecution, professional discipline, and he likely has ended his career. Harry Reid is out for blood, and will likely serve Comey's career instead of a Thanksgiving Turkey this year. That is, of course, assuming that Loretta Lynch doesn't get him first.

Novels could be written. They should be written. This is the dawning of a new age. : ;

When Hillary and Bill Clinton are brought down from their pedestal, no one will care about Comey.
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2016 11:26:26 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Behold... Anthony Weiner's weiner:

https://i.ytimg.com...
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."