Professor Predicts a Trump Win

ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 4:15:20 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
http://www.msnbc.com...

American University professor Allan Lichtman, who has correctly predicted every election since 1984, predicts a Trump win. Thoughts?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 4:32:21 PM
At 11/2/2016 4:15:20 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

American University professor Allan Lichtman, who has correctly predicted every election since 1984, predicts a Trump win. Thoughts?

This guy came up before. The thing about his prediction is, its about party, not candidate. In any other cycle, using any other candidate, I think his prediction would have worked. Simply put, the GOP should have won this election, but they picked Trump.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 4:32:51 PM

Oh my god that guy surfaces again.

He's wrong.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 4:33:28 PM
At 11/2/2016 4:32:21 PM, TBR wrote:

This guy came up before. The thing about his prediction is, its about party, not candidate. In any other cycle, using any other candidate, I think his prediction would have worked. Simply put, the GOP should have won this election, but they picked Trump.

Lichtman is not a total idiot, but his model is wrong for exactly the reason you said.
Tsar of DDO
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 5:30:13 PM

I agree. I was just wondering if others thought the same.
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 5:31:06 PM
At 11/2/2016 4:33:28 PM, YYW wrote:

Lichtman is not a total idiot, but his model is wrong for exactly the reason you said.

But if the GOP had picked someone like... Cruz or Kasich? Do you think his model would work then?
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 5:39:02 PM
At 11/2/2016 5:31:06 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

But if the GOP had picked someone like... Cruz or Kasich? Do you think his model would work then?

Kaisch was the perfect candidate for the GOP this election and they dropped the ball. He was almost promised a win if he was the nominee.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 5:39:18 PM

More likely with Kasich than Cruz.
Tsar of DDO
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 5:40:18 PM

Yea, I do think so.

This should have been a very competitive year for the GOP. They had a better than 50% chance with just about anyone, and I mean ANYONE, but had they picked a good candidate, running a good campaign, it would have been almost a sure GOP victory.
Fernyx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 6:31:59 PM
At 11/2/2016 5:40:18 PM, TBR wrote:

Yea, I do think so.

This should have been a very competitive year for the GOP. They had a better than 50% chance with just about anyone, and I mean ANYONE, but had they picked a good candidate, running a good campaign, it would have been almost a sure GOP victory.

My favorite thing is the people who say they voted for Trump not because of policy, but because he was a winner. The guy was least likely to win in the general election.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 6:37:27 PM

Cool
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
tommylibertarian1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 6:40:53 PM
I'm thinking that Trump will win the popular vote by 1-2 million votes but not win the presidency as Clinton will take the electoral vote. I base this on the current polling when you look at it state by state.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 6:56:20 PM
At 11/2/2016 5:39:02 PM, Mikal wrote:

Kaisch was the perfect candidate for the GOP this election and they dropped the ball. He was almost promised a win if he was the nominee.

I think you're right. Cruz and others were too conservative on some issues.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 6:58:44 PM

Yea, I do think so.

Yeah. :/ It's unfortunate for people like myself who generally support the GOP, but didn't support Trump in the least.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 7:00:21 PM
At 11/2/2016 5:39:18 PM, YYW wrote:

More likely with Kasich than Cruz.

Probably so.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 7:15:21 PM
At 11/2/2016 6:58:44 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

Yea, I do think so.

Yeah. :/ It's unfortunate for people like myself who generally support the GOP, but didn't support Trump in the least.

I hate what the GOP has become. Sure I am a liberal, its doubtful that I will be voting for a republican regardless how moderate he or she may be, but there is no harm in my mind in a sane counter to my politics. The GOP should be a rational counter to democratic polices. There are many people of good will that will disagree with me, fine.

The problem with the last several POTUS candidates were not that they went conservative enough (as the base has said) or that they weren't strong enough (as the base has said). The GOP faithful have been backed into the corner where only the purest of pure conservative can "win". Or where you have to pick an authoritarian bully-boy to win. The place to start is to stop thinking that the entire electorate is just like them. Not just in skin color, but in how we see politics. I can't count the number of times I have herd "no one likes Obama". Really? Well, it sure looks wrong from polling, and two elections. Conservatives simply need to respect that there is more to the country then the narrow (and narrowing every day) outlook of the far right.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 10:07:33 PM
Cruz would have been almost as polarizing as trump.

What's truly unfortunate is early on in the el cation process, the 24 hour ne s cycle, along with print and internet media, focus overwhelmingly on 1 or 2 candidates effectively silencing everyone else.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 10:20:09 PM
At 11/2/2016 10:07:33 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Cruz (its possible) was the only candidate less likely to get elected. Regardless, he would have run a campaign like a real politician, and STILL been as big a d1ck as Trump.

What's truly unfortunate is early on in the el cation process, the 24 hour ne s cycle, along with print and internet media, focus overwhelmingly on 1 or 2 candidates effectively silencing everyone else.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 10:25:14 PM
At 11/2/2016 10:20:09 PM, TBR wrote:
Cruz (its possible) was the only candidate less likely to get elected. Regardless, he would have run a campaign like a real politician, and STILL been as big a d1ck as Trump.

My mom was in town when Cruz announced his candidacy. We were driving somewhere and she had it on the radio. Listening to him saved me nearly 2 years of not having to pay attention to a dam thing he said.

Apples autocorrect really sux aZZ!
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 10:30:25 PM
At 11/2/2016 10:25:14 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

My mom was in town when Cruz announced his candidacy. We were driving somewhere and she had it on the radio. Listening to him saved me nearly 2 years of not having to pay attention to a dam thing he said.

He is such a horses as$$. A smart horses a$$, but...
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 11:17:06 PM
At 11/2/2016 10:30:25 PM, TBR wrote:

In my old age I incorrectly think they all are. Really though, the congress person life is just doing what others do: trying to keep their job. Some are azzes, some are good people, some are full in the blank.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 11:20:54 PM
At 11/2/2016 11:17:06 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

In my old age I incorrectly think they all are. Really though, the congress person life is just doing what others do: trying to keep their job. Some are azzes, some are good people, some are full in the blank.

Some are good, well intention people. However, not one of them I would like to spend any time with as a friend. Not one.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 11:27:08 PM
At 11/2/2016 11:20:54 PM, TBR wrote:
At 11/2/2016 11:17:06 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

Some are good, well intention people. However, not one of them I would like to spend any time with as a friend. Not one.

I'm not an Obama supporter but I'd like to school him in ball (he has me by a couple inches but I got serious hops. I can still dunk at 43).

George sr. I'd like to sky dive with.
George W would be fun to mountain bike with.

Putin... I'd like to challenge him to combat sambo.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 11:28:52 PM

Ive heard of the guy, but he made a mistake in attributing Gary Johnson as a major third party candidate who acts as a spoiler. If Johnson gets below 5% of the vote, which he will, then that third party point the professor counted for Trump instead goes to Clinton, swinging the outcome in her favor
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 11:30:20 PM
At 11/2/2016 5:39:02 PM, Mikal wrote:

I think Obama himself went on record saying that he saw Kasich and Rubio as big 'threats' in terms of likelihood of winning the election if they were the nominee
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 11:49:50 PM
At 11/2/2016 6:40:53 PM, tommylibertarian1 wrote:
I'm thinking that Trump will win the popular vote by 1-2 million votes but not win the presidency as Clinton will take the electoral vote. I base this on the current polling when you look at it state by state.

I think this is true and I might lock myself in a bomb shelter for a couple of months to avoid the whining and riots from trump and his
Supporters
Death23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 4:02:52 AM

He didn't predict anything.