Jump to topic:

Eat Crow

vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 9:00:07 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Let's get this out there, so everyone that is wrong can eat crow and have it all in a neat little thread on display for everyone. Post your political prediction and come November 8th, let's see who eats crow. If you want, you can post electoral predictions as well.

I predict FL, GA, NC, AZ, UT, NV, IA, OH, CO, and NH will go Trump
So 279+ Trump victory

MI, PA, and WI could be surprise turns for Trump as well but I don't have any confidence in this.

I will gladly come back here to this thread November 8th and eat crow and admit to my incorrect statements if that ends up being the case. Will you do the same if you're wrong?
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 9:24:31 PM
At 11/2/2016 9:00:07 PM, vortex86 wrote:
Let's get this out there, so everyone that is wrong can eat crow and have it all in a neat little thread on display for everyone. Post your political prediction and come November 8th, let's see who eats crow. If you want, you can post electoral predictions as well.

So 279+ Trump victory

MI, PA, and WI could be surprise turns for Trump as well but I don't have any confidence in this.

I will gladly come back here to this thread November 8th and eat crow and admit to my incorrect statements if that ends up being the case. Will you do the same if you're wrong?

I posted a prediction about 3-4 months ago (if not more), I'm trying to find it and dig it out; I'll repost it here.

Eating crow is important for everyone.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 9:25:11 PM
I predict America will disgrace itself by electing a complete embarrassment to the Presidency on November 8th.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 9:36:17 PM
At 11/2/2016 9:25:11 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
I predict America will disgrace itself by electing a complete embarrassment to the Presidency on November 8th.

I second that
Lynx_N
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 9:56:14 PM
At 11/2/2016 9:36:17 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 11/2/2016 9:25:11 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

I second that

Fortunately, Hillary Clinton will win the Presidency.
Bronto?
Congrats.

poet
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 10:05:08 PM

So 279+ Trump victory

I'll post my map later. I too think I posted one well before the conventions. I'll look fit that.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 10:26:33 PM

So 279+ Trump victory

http://www.270towin.com...
Clinton 323
Trump 215

About the only one in my map here I would say is "controversial" is Florida. She will get it, but I could be wrong. Otherwise, this is the map I would bet on.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 11:54:13 PM

So 279+ Trump victory

I predict Clinton will win. I do not think it will be close.

If I am wrong and Trump wins, I will not be eating crow but Poutine.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 11:56:32 PM
At 11/2/2016 11:54:13 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

So 279+ Trump victory

My eldest brother is in Montreal. No worry, but if anything were to really happen, it would be my stop on the way Reykjavik Iceland.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 12:11:33 AM
At 11/2/2016 11:56:32 PM, TBR wrote:

So 279+ Trump victory

My eldest brother is in Montreal. No worry, but if anything were to really happen, it would be my stop on the way Reykjavik Iceland.

Iceland is awesome. Stopped there to refuel on the way to ramstein before Mombasa...
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 12:31:58 AM

So 279+ Trump victory

Poutine is good stuff. See you in Canada.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 12:45:33 AM
I heard something about how if Trump wins Minnesota but Hillary takes Pennsylvania it will be a tie , and congress votes on on who wins.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 12:50:44 AM

So 279+ Trump victory

Don't go to Iceland Trump will bomb it. AT 7:19, roll the tape.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 12:51:35 AM
At 11/3/2016 12:45:33 AM, xus00HAY wrote:
I heard something about how if Trump wins Minnesota but Hillary takes Pennsylvania it will be a tie , and congress votes on on who wins.

Only way congress votes is if no one gets 270
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 12:54:14 AM
At 11/3/2016 12:11:33 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

So 279+ Trump victory

Iceland is awesome. Stopped there to refuel on the way to ramstein before Mombasa...

Yea. I have a friend who lived there for a bit. Never stopped yammering about till I was convinced.

When I was in my 20's I was hot on moving to Greece. Had a lot of to with an infatuation I had with a Greek girl, regardless I was so damn close to taking a contract. Happy I'm not there now
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 12:56:42 AM

So 279+ Trump victory

I'm not going to guess states. But Hillary is going to win.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 2:06:50 AM
At 11/3/2016 12:54:14 AM, TBR wrote:
At 11/3/2016 12:11:33 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

So 279+ Trump victory

Yea. I have a friend who lived there for a bit. Never stopped yammering about till I was convinced.

When I was in my 20's I was hot on moving to Greece. Had a lot of to with an infatuation I had with a Greek girl, regardless I was so damn close to taking a contract. Happy I'm not there now

So many pros and cons to everywhere. I'm only a fan of 2 things now: football and history. So many want to compare us to other places, they've never been to. Every place has flaws. I'll state emphatically the American experiment at humanity is the best to this point.

Reality? I default to Ragnar: Who wants to be king?!?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 2:17:25 AM
At 11/2/2016 10:26:33 PM, TBR wrote:

So 279+ Trump victory

Clinton 323
Trump 215

About the only one in my map here I would say is "controversial" is Florida. She will get it, but I could be wrong. Otherwise, this is the map I would bet on.

Clinton 294
Trump 244

Basically your map but I think Florida goes to Trump
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 2:56:20 AM
At 11/3/2016 2:17:25 AM, imabench wrote:
At 11/2/2016 10:26:33 PM, TBR wrote:

So 279+ Trump victory

Clinton 323
Trump 215

Clinton 294
Trump 244

Basically your map but I think Florida goes to Trump

Yea. I will never trust Florida to do the right thing ;)
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 3:04:18 AM
I'm concerned about a polling error, so I went with very, very conservative numbers.
Clinton 272-266 Trump

Clinton wins NH (this one shouldn't even really be a toss-up) and WI (not really a toss-up either), and loses every other swing state and all the split votes, but still comes out on top. It's easy enough for Trump to make this election close. It's really, REALLY hard for him to win it, though.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 3:13:18 AM
Clinton: 308
Trump: 230
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 4:16:42 PM
At 11/3/2016 12:51:35 AM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 11/3/2016 12:45:33 AM, xus00HAY wrote:

Only way congress votes is if no one gets 270

That's what would happen if it was a tie.

Also, in that case, the senate votes on the VP. Could be Trump/Kaine for four years!
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 5:09:26 PM
I think Clinton will win, and it won't be as close as people are thinking it will be. Obama 2012 level win
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2016 6:15:12 PM
At 11/3/2016 4:14:30 PM, Burzmali wrote:
Clinton: 307
Trump: 231

Sorry, just realized I linked to the wrong map. Here's the 307/231 map: http://www.270towin.com...
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 8:38:42 AM

So 279+ Trump victory

The only one I missed was NV. Which was very close (23,000 votes). Way closer than the pundits predicted with the early turnout numbers.
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 11:15:35 PM
At 11/9/2016 8:38:42 AM, vortex86 wrote:

So 279+ Trump victory

The only one I missed was NV. Which was very close (23,000 votes). Way closer than the pundits predicted with the early turnout numbers.

Wow, just about spot on. I correctly called the Trumpslide, but NC & NV went Dem and WI, IN & MI went Rep. Managed to call FL, OH and PA correctly, though.