Jump to topic:

America, Please Don't Fuck_This Up

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 6:13:48 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
I have never been afraid of an election's outcome. McCain didn't scare me. Obama didn't scare me. Bush didn't scare me. Romney certainly didn't scare me. None of them did.

There is no question that liberals have cried wolf in the past, and that wasn't fair. They called decent Republicans (yes, they exist.... like Mitt Romney) racists, bigots, etc. when that was unfair. Progressives have contributed to undermining American institutions with their idiotic notions of "institutional racism" and "blaming white people" for everyone's problems. I know that's all idiocy, and there are more of us who feel that way than you might think.

But now, it counts. This is real. There has never been a Manchurian candidate running for office before, but there is now. Donald Trump cannot win.

I know most of you do not understand how or why Russia is backing the Trump campaign. It's a complicated issue. I know most of you are unable to recognize evidence that Russia is influencing the Trump campaign for what it is. I understand, it requires specialized background expertise that most people simply do not have. It's not the kind of thing you can just figure out from looking at facts without understanding their context.

I know most of you think that Trump could "make America great again." Nothing could be further from the truth.

Many of you do not like Hillary Clinton. There are reasons for that which are deeper than you know, but that's not your fault. You were manipulated and lied to by Republicans since the 1990s, and you hate her because you've been taught to hate her. You interpret the absence of evidence as proof that an investigation wasn't comprehensive enough because you, like every fascist in the making, have found her guilty before even understanding the crime.

Please do the right thing and vote for Hillary Clinton.
Tsar of DDO
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 7:04:42 AM
At 11/5/2016 6:13:48 AM, YYW wrote:
I know most of you do not understand how or why Russia is backing the Trump campaign.

Because Trump lacks experience and wants to play nice with Russia. Why would Putin not back him?

It's a complicated issue. I know most of you are unable to recognize evidence that Russia is influencing the Trump campaign for what it is. I understand, it requires specialized background expertise that most people simply do not have. It's not the kind of thing you can just figure out from looking at facts without understanding their context.

You clearly understand, yet you don't elaborate. Not very convincing.

Many of you do not like Hillary Clinton. There are reasons for that which are deeper than you know, but that's not your fault. You were manipulated and lied to by Republicans since the 1990s, and you hate her because you've been taught to hate her. You interpret the absence of evidence as proof that an investigation wasn't comprehensive enough because you, [...] have found her guilty before even understanding the crime.

You don't elaborate here either, you just tell us all how ignorant we are.

like every fascist in the making,

That's just insulting, especially if you didn't mean it to be (because then it's patronizing as well).

You need a better case before you can change any minds.
Lynx_N
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 7:42:02 AM
You're quite right, there has never been a more important Presidential Election throughout the history of the United States.

For all the right reasons, vote for Hillary Clinton.
Bronto?
Congrats.

poet
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 1:54:25 PM
At 11/5/2016 6:49:02 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Russia is better than us, we deserve whatever happens.

Squawk! Polly want a cracker?
RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 2:05:56 PM
I have never been afraid of an election's outcome. McCain didn't scare me. Obama didn't scare me. Bush didn't scare me. Romney certainly didn't scare me. None of them did.

There is no question that liberals have cried wolf in the past, and that wasn't fair. They called decent Republicans (yes, they exist.... like Mitt Romney) racists, bigots, etc. when that was unfair. Progressives have contributed to undermining American institutions with their idiotic notions of "institutional racism" and "blaming white people" for everyone's problems. I know that's all idiocy, and there are more of us who feel that way than you might think.

But now, it counts. This is real. There has never been a Manchurian candidate running for office before, but there is now. Donald Trump cannot win.

I know most of you do not understand how or why Russia is backing the Trump campaign. It's a complicated issue. I know most of you are unable to recognize evidence that Russia is influencing the Trump campaign for what it is. I understand, it requires specialized background expertise that most people simply do not have. It's not the kind of thing you can just figure out from looking at facts without understanding their context.

I know most of you think that Trump could "make America great again." Nothing could be further from the truth.

Many of you do not like Hillary Clinton. There are reasons for that which are deeper than you know, but that's not your fault. You were manipulated and lied to by Republicans since the 1990s, and you hate her because you've been taught to hate her. You interpret the absence of evidence as proof that an investigation wasn't comprehensive enough because you, like every fascist in the making, have found her guilty before even understanding the crime.

Oh wow, I'm convinced I should go try to have my anti-Clinton vote recanted by the swing state of Florida.

Yes, by all means we should vote for the former failed Secretary of State who sold American foreign policy to the highest bidder. Who is cool with killing thousands of unborn babies. Who was near the top of the administration who failed in Syria, Russia, Libya, Ukraine, Iraq, Iran and a host of other places. Who basically calls all cops racist while supporting a legitimately racist organization called Black Lives Matter. Who panders to blacks and minorities for their votes while supporting and enacting policies that keep many of them in low income high crime neighborhoods in exchange for votes. Who uses Beyonce and Jay-Z as surrogates, "artists" who literally bash women and minorities in their songs, but hey they are black so who cares. A lady who belongs to the party of slavery, Jim Crow, and anti-civil rights. Who demands we open our borders to everyone, including those who despise those in the LGBT community, while pandering to that same community for their votes. Who laughed when she got an actual rapist off on a technicality. Who supported a husband who sexually assaulted and "allegedly" raped women. Who supports policies that have doubled our national debt in just 8 years. Oh and who is under two separate FBI investigations, 1 for purposefully setting up a private server in her bathroom, which was recently shown to be 99% likely to have been hacked by foreign governments and 2 for running the state department as an obvious pay for play organization.

Yep you've convinced me. Trump sucks, but your candidate is a complete horror show and basically an evil person.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 2:12:58 PM
At 11/5/2016 2:05:56 PM, RookieApologist wrote:

Oh wow, I'm convinced I should go try to have my anti-Clinton vote recanted by the swing state of Florida.

Yes, by all means we should vote for the former failed Secretary of State who sold American foreign policy to the highest bidder. Who is cool with killing thousands of unborn babies. Who was near the top of the administration who failed in Syria, Russia, Libya, Ukraine, Iraq, Iran and a host of other places. Who basically calls all cops racist while supporting a legitimately racist organization called Black Lives Matter. Who panders to blacks and minorities for their votes while supporting and enacting policies that keep many of them in low income high crime neighborhoods in exchange for votes. Who uses Beyonce and Jay-Z as surrogates, "artists" who literally bash women and minorities in their songs, but hey they are black so who cares. A lady who belongs to the party of slavery, Jim Crow, and anti-civil rights. Who demands we open our borders to everyone, including those who despise those in the LGBT community, while pandering to that same community for their votes. Who laughed when she got an actual rapist off on a technicality. Who supported a husband who sexually assaulted and "allegedly" raped women. Who supports policies that have doubled our national debt in just 8 years. Oh and who is under two separate FBI investigations, 1 for purposefully setting up a private server in her bathroom, which was recently shown to be 99% likely to have been hacked by foreign governments and 2 for running the state department as an obvious pay for play organization.

Yep you've convinced me. Trump sucks, but your candidate is a complete horror show and basically an evil person.

There isnt enough time in the world to go through everything that is stupid or flat out asinine with your post, which is a recurring theme with you.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 2:25:41 PM
At 11/5/2016 2:12:58 PM, imabench wrote:

There isnt enough time in the world to go through everything that is stupid or flat out asinine with your post, which is a recurring theme with you.

Typical leftist response: "I don't agree with you, therefore you are stupid."
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 2:52:06 PM
At 11/5/2016 2:25:41 PM, RookieApologist wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:12:58 PM, imabench wrote:

Typical leftist response: "I don't agree with you, therefore you are stupid."

Its not a matter of simply disagreeing with you, its that an overwhelming amount of your reasons are fundamentally wrong and disconnected with reality and basic facts.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 2:54:28 PM

>assuming trump is racist

I'm going to go ahead and pull a leftist-style race card. Are you RACIST against Manchurian people in Northern China?

How about the Chinese lobbyists that funded Clinton? But hey I guess Russia is somehow worse than China diplomatically?

lol
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 3:35:10 PM
At 11/5/2016 1:54:25 PM, slo1 wrote:

Squawk! Polly want a cracker?

Da Komrade.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 3:51:23 PM

Russia cannot beat the US. You are a very stupid bird.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 3:52:31 PM
At 11/5/2016 3:51:23 PM, inferno wrote:

Then why all the false drama?
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 3:56:34 PM
At 11/5/2016 3:52:31 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

How patriotic are you Parrot. Do you honestly believe that Putin is a threat to the United States Of America. Do you really think that Russia is a more powerful country than we are. You cannot seriously know what we are capable of doing let alone, what we have already done.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 3:58:03 PM
At 11/5/2016 3:56:34 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/5/2016 3:52:31 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

How patriotic are you Parrot. Do you honestly believe that Putin is a threat to the United States Of America. Do you really think that Russia is a more powerful country than we are. You cannot seriously know what we are capable of doing let alone, what we have already done.

Because that's what this entire thread is about. False drama.
You actually nailed it Inferno.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 4:37:57 PM
It is astonishing to me how vacuous Trump supporters are/can be.

There is a report that came out which found that the more highly educated a person is, the less likely they are to support Trump. Inverse correlation being what it is, I shouldn't be surprised... yet I am.

There are no Chinese lobbyists supporting Hillary Clinton. Yet, there is an active Russian intelligence cell in Macedonia promulgating false news stories that has caused numerous Americans to believe manifestly idiotic things that are false and provably so... like that the Chinese are backing Hillary Clinton.

I have never been ashamed to call myself an American, but Donald Trump's popularity is making me rethink how great this country really is.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 4:41:34 PM
At 11/5/2016 2:52:06 PM, imabench wrote:

Its not a matter of simply disagreeing with you, its that an overwhelming amount of your reasons are fundamentally wrong and disconnected with reality and basic facts.

That is correct. The problem with these Trump supporters has primarily to do with their grasping at any and all "evidence" (even if it's a false news story from a Russian intelligence outfit in Macedonia) is that they are too stupid to understand the difference between fact and fiction. This is presumably why they believed Donald Trump when he made the spectacularly implausible claim that Hillary Clinton would let in six hundred and fifty million illegal immigrants.

But this is what American conservatism has become. Much as I have tried, so hard to avoid the kind of superior, smug, liberal-elitist tone and demeanor, when I look out into the country and see these idiots falling over one another to support this man I cannot help but look down on them.
Tsar of DDO
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 5:20:48 PM
At 11/5/2016 4:41:34 PM, YYW wrote:

That is correct. The problem with these Trump supporters has primarily to do with their grasping at any and all "evidence" (even if it's a false news story from a Russian intelligence outfit in Macedonia) is that they are too stupid to understand the difference between fact and fiction. This is presumably why they believed Donald Trump when he made the spectacularly implausible claim that Hillary Clinton would let in six hundred and fifty million illegal immigrants.

I agree. Also, when looking at each candidates "scandals", Trump supporters also fall to victim to false equivalency. While there are true negative stories against Clinton, Trump supporters often blow them way out of proportion to justify them to be as bad if not worse than anything Trump is doing. They believe Clinton's email scandal is much worse than all of Trump's scandals combined.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 5:45:13 PM
The prevailing narrative in leftist circles is the idea that the GOP "used to be sane but in the past 20 years its base has been brainwashed by Fox News into radicalism". This is false; like the Dem's base, the GOP base tunes in to whoever will tell them what they want to hear, whoever will reinforce their biases and give them excuses to oppose the other side and whatever candidate the other side puts forward. The initial viewerbase for Fox News would've tuned out had they thought it was too radical.
Though I will be voting for Hillary Clinton, she is guilty of about half the stuff that her opponents accuse her of. She did indeed mishandle national secrets, and it doesn't make a dang frickin' difference if Colin Powell did the same thing, since he never ran for president, and there isn't any evidence (that I know of) that the emails he sent and received as Secretary of State fell into the hands of foreign entities. She did indeed accept donations to the Clinton Foundation from radical islamic regimes such as Saudi Arabia, and there's really no way of knowing if she's embezzles any of that money for private gain. And there likely has been some degree of "legal" corruption in the form of exchanging political favours which'd be paid for in doing appearances for exorbitant speaking fees.
Any form of corruption, tax evasion, or sexual misconduct Trump has engaged in was in his capacity of CEO of a private company, whose objective was to make money. Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State; for past behaviour, Clinton should rightfully be held to a higher standard than Trump.

Clinton is a skilled politician who will lead our country with competence whereas Trump is an idiot, and for this reason most people should vote for Hillary, but by no means has the GOP created a "false equivalency". It really does boil down to a choice between "crooked Hillary" and the misogynist idiot Donald Trump.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 6:14:59 PM
For example, from 2013 to 2015 Hillary Clinton made $2,935,000 from twelve paid speeches to "Wall Street banks, private equity firms, and other financial corporations".
https://theintercept.com...
The companies in question are Ameriprise, Apollo Management Holdings, Bank of America, the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, Deutsche Bank, Fidelity Investments, Golden Tree Asset Management, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and UBS.
This doesn't necessarily entail corruption of any kind, but it certainly isn't a positive sign.
In one of these speeches she spent her time praising Goldman Sachs, even though this company is generally criticised by the left for supposedly helping cause the 2008 economic crisis.
http://www.bloomberg.com...

The DDO Blog:

RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 6:27:36 PM

But this is what American conservatism has become. Much as I have tried, so hard to avoid the kind of superior, smug, liberal-elitist tone and demeanor, when I look out into the country and see these idiots falling over one another to support this man I cannot help but look down on them.

Please show me where I claimed to be a Trump supporter. I even said my vote was simply "anti-Clinton."
RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 6:32:51 PM
At 11/5/2016 5:20:48 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

I agree. Also, when looking at each candidates "scandals", Trump supporters also fall to victim to false equivalency. While there are true negative stories against Clinton, Trump supporters often blow them way out of proportion to justify them to be as bad if not worse than anything Trump is doing. They believe Clinton's email scandal is much worse than all of Trump's scandals combined.

Well yes, that's because they are. You do realize she was the friggin Secretary of State right? Selling foreign policy to the highest bidder and exposing national security to potential, and likely, foreign hack, is actually worse than hurting people's feelings.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 6:34:47 PM
As of May 9 of this year, Wall Street has donated 23 million dollars either directly to the Clinton campaign or to super-PACs associated with her: Trump has received a mere fraction of this amount from Wall Street.
http://www.salon.com...

The DDO Blog:

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 6:45:45 PM
At 11/5/2016 6:27:36 PM, RookieApologist wrote:

Please show me where I claimed to be a Trump supporter. I even said my vote was simply "anti-Clinton."

My vote for Trump is actually anti-GOP.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 7:13:39 PM
At 11/5/2016 6:45:45 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

A Clinton vote would be anti-GOP as the two factions of the GOP (Trump supporters versus non-Trump supporters) would lead to its destruction. A Trump vote would lead to the GOP adopting Trump values (authoritarianism, identity politics, playing the victim, appeasing Putin, ect).
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 10:04:15 PM
At 11/5/2016 7:13:39 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

A Clinton vote would be anti-GOP as the two factions of the GOP (Trump supporters versus non-Trump supporters) would lead to its destruction. A Trump vote would lead to the GOP adopting Trump values (authoritarianism, identity politics, playing the victim, appeasing Putin, ect).

Correct.
Tsar of DDO
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 11:20:45 PM
At 11/5/2016 7:13:39 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

Demonstrably false as the establishment GOP and Dems have agreed upon rules on power sharing so that no party actually gets any blame, and both sides get what they want. The GOP has zero incentive or ability to change as a party to incorporate Trump supporters into their elite tent. The system of empty rhetoric and crony abuse of power needs to go. The existence of Trump proves we are at that breaking point.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 11:32:46 PM

Might be more due to the fact that she's transparently corrupt and had the gall to call tens of millions of Americans deplorable and irredeemable.

I mean whatever else you may think about Trump or Hillary there are perfectly legitimate reasons to find her repulsive

I voted to #MAGA
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right