Total Posts:38|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Trump is an Authoritarian, Not an Anarchist

twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 1:18:40 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
I have heard some people who are fed up with government say they like Trump because he will "blow things up". Some people make it sound that because of this, Trump is a good choice for an anarchist. Nothing good be further from the truth. Trump is an authoritarian, and will make the federal government have much more authoritarian values.

One of the policies Trump has been adamant about is increasing the power police force to maintain "law and order". He touted the "stop and frisk" practice, advocated that the USA should use torture (waterboarding and "worse than waterboarding"), and wants to increase government surveillance. It is no wonder the FBI is clearly biased in Trump's favor!

I find this Trump quote to be telling of his personality:

"Let our politicians give back our police department the power to keep us safe"

http://www.chicagotribune.com...

Further, Trump wants to limit the first amendment by restricting the freedom of the press (he wants to make USA press laws more like England). You may say that Trump is just against the "biased" media. But, let me remind you that it is Trump who advocates quack stories (Ted Cruz's dad being linked to the JFK assassination, Obama being the "literal" founder of ISIS, that there is a global conspiracy against him, and more and more). Trump sees no problem with the National Enquirer and Alex Jones. Clearly Trump cares whether journalists criticize or praise him, not whether their stores are based on evidence. If you value the first amendment voting Trump is not an option.

It is also a myth that Trump will use his "authoritarian power" to stand up to America's enemies. Trump has continually praised Putin (who his campaign has ties to) and his policies are directly inline with Putin's interests.

Trump is not a good option for anarchists. Trump is not a good option for those who want to "blow up" the government. Trump will make the government much more authoritarian.
slo1
Posts: 4,359
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 1:52:13 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 1:18:40 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I have heard some people who are fed up with government say they like Trump because he will "blow things up". Some people make it sound that because of this, Trump is a good choice for an anarchist. Nothing good be further from the truth. Trump is an authoritarian, and will make the federal government have much more authoritarian values.

One of the policies Trump has been adamant about is increasing the power police force to maintain "law and order". He touted the "stop and frisk" practice, advocated that the USA should use torture (waterboarding and "worse than waterboarding"), and wants to increase government surveillance. It is no wonder the FBI is clearly biased in Trump's favor!

I find this Trump quote to be telling of his personality:

"Let our politicians give back our police department the power to keep us safe"

http://www.chicagotribune.com...

Further, Trump wants to limit the first amendment by restricting the freedom of the press (he wants to make USA press laws more like England). You may say that Trump is just against the "biased" media. But, let me remind you that it is Trump who advocates quack stories (Ted Cruz's dad being linked to the JFK assassination, Obama being the "literal" founder of ISIS, that there is a global conspiracy against him, and more and more). Trump sees no problem with the National Enquirer and Alex Jones. Clearly Trump cares whether journalists criticize or praise him, not whether their stores are based on evidence. If you value the first amendment voting Trump is not an option.

It is also a myth that Trump will use his "authoritarian power" to stand up to America's enemies. Trump has continually praised Putin (who his campaign has ties to) and his policies are directly inline with Putin's interests.

Trump is not a good option for anarchists. Trump is not a good option for those who want to "blow up" the government. Trump will make the government much more authoritarian.

Well said.

There are all these myths out there about Trump.

Some others:

1. He is anti establishment.
- No, he has plenty of political establishment working for him as well as an army of the big business millionaire establishment working for him. The only establishment he is truly against is any that is against him.

2. He is for the people.
- No, he has zero history of enriching anybody but himself. If you haven't caught on to his lie that he loves, "people from Iowa" to "blacks" and every categorization people possible then you haven't been listen to him speak.

His entire premise that he is going to fix urban black areas is based upon his tax plan. He has indicated zero policies that could help inner cities with education and poverty other than he hopes his tax plan lifts all boats.

Anybody who is not able to see the house of cards his promises are built upon is simply ignoring the habitual lies that Trump spouts.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 2:06:00 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 1:52:13 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 11/5/2016 1:18:40 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I have heard some people who are fed up with government say they like Trump because he will "blow things up". Some people make it sound that because of this, Trump is a good choice for an anarchist. Nothing good be further from the truth. Trump is an authoritarian, and will make the federal government have much more authoritarian values.

One of the policies Trump has been adamant about is increasing the power police force to maintain "law and order". He touted the "stop and frisk" practice, advocated that the USA should use torture (waterboarding and "worse than waterboarding"), and wants to increase government surveillance. It is no wonder the FBI is clearly biased in Trump's favor!

I find this Trump quote to be telling of his personality:

"Let our politicians give back our police department the power to keep us safe"

http://www.chicagotribune.com...

Further, Trump wants to limit the first amendment by restricting the freedom of the press (he wants to make USA press laws more like England). You may say that Trump is just against the "biased" media. But, let me remind you that it is Trump who advocates quack stories (Ted Cruz's dad being linked to the JFK assassination, Obama being the "literal" founder of ISIS, that there is a global conspiracy against him, and more and more). Trump sees no problem with the National Enquirer and Alex Jones. Clearly Trump cares whether journalists criticize or praise him, not whether their stores are based on evidence. If you value the first amendment voting Trump is not an option.

It is also a myth that Trump will use his "authoritarian power" to stand up to America's enemies. Trump has continually praised Putin (who his campaign has ties to) and his policies are directly inline with Putin's interests.

Trump is not a good option for anarchists. Trump is not a good option for those who want to "blow up" the government. Trump will make the government much more authoritarian.

Well said.

There are all these myths out there about Trump.

Some others:

1. He is anti establishment.
- No, he has plenty of political establishment working for him as well as an army of the big business millionaire establishment working for him. The only establishment he is truly against is any that is against him.

2. He is for the people.
- No, he has zero history of enriching anybody but himself. If you haven't caught on to his lie that he loves, "people from Iowa" to "blacks" and every categorization people possible then you haven't been listen to him speak.

His entire premise that he is going to fix urban black areas is based upon his tax plan. He has indicated zero policies that could help inner cities with education and poverty other than he hopes his tax plan lifts all boats.

Anybody who is not able to see the house of cards his promises are built upon is simply ignoring the habitual lies that Trump spouts.

Yup. Trump's go to quote is "No one love (insert demographic group here) more than Trump". Yet, Trump has never been for the people. He has been one of the elite is whole life. He only had time for celebrities and the powerful before he ran for office. Only now, at the age of 70, he claims to care for the people. C'mon, Trump is just as much one of "the elite" as any other politician.
slo1
Posts: 4,359
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 2:24:32 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 2:06:00 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/5/2016 1:52:13 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 11/5/2016 1:18:40 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I have heard some people who are fed up with government say they like Trump because he will "blow things up". Some people make it sound that because of this, Trump is a good choice for an anarchist. Nothing good be further from the truth. Trump is an authoritarian, and will make the federal government have much more authoritarian values.

One of the policies Trump has been adamant about is increasing the power police force to maintain "law and order". He touted the "stop and frisk" practice, advocated that the USA should use torture (waterboarding and "worse than waterboarding"), and wants to increase government surveillance. It is no wonder the FBI is clearly biased in Trump's favor!

I find this Trump quote to be telling of his personality:

"Let our politicians give back our police department the power to keep us safe"

http://www.chicagotribune.com...

Further, Trump wants to limit the first amendment by restricting the freedom of the press (he wants to make USA press laws more like England). You may say that Trump is just against the "biased" media. But, let me remind you that it is Trump who advocates quack stories (Ted Cruz's dad being linked to the JFK assassination, Obama being the "literal" founder of ISIS, that there is a global conspiracy against him, and more and more). Trump sees no problem with the National Enquirer and Alex Jones. Clearly Trump cares whether journalists criticize or praise him, not whether their stores are based on evidence. If you value the first amendment voting Trump is not an option.

It is also a myth that Trump will use his "authoritarian power" to stand up to America's enemies. Trump has continually praised Putin (who his campaign has ties to) and his policies are directly inline with Putin's interests.

Trump is not a good option for anarchists. Trump is not a good option for those who want to "blow up" the government. Trump will make the government much more authoritarian.

Well said.

There are all these myths out there about Trump.

Some others:

1. He is anti establishment.
- No, he has plenty of political establishment working for him as well as an army of the big business millionaire establishment working for him. The only establishment he is truly against is any that is against him.

2. He is for the people.
- No, he has zero history of enriching anybody but himself. If you haven't caught on to his lie that he loves, "people from Iowa" to "blacks" and every categorization people possible then you haven't been listen to him speak.

His entire premise that he is going to fix urban black areas is based upon his tax plan. He has indicated zero policies that could help inner cities with education and poverty other than he hopes his tax plan lifts all boats.

Anybody who is not able to see the house of cards his promises are built upon is simply ignoring the habitual lies that Trump spouts.

Yup. Trump's go to quote is "No one love (insert demographic group here) more than Trump". Yet, Trump has never been for the people. He has been one of the elite is whole life. He only had time for celebrities and the powerful before he ran for office. Only now, at the age of 70, he claims to care for the people. C'mon, Trump is just as much one of "the elite" as any other politician.

For some reason people don't feel those pulling the elites strings is part of the the elite. If I am rooting for an anti establishment candidate, it won't be one that has Lindsay Graham's personal phone number.

The other fallacy that people fall for is the notion that he is rich and thus will be immune to corruption.
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 2:27:41 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 1:18:40 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I have heard some people who are fed up with government say they like Trump because he will "blow things up". Some people make it sound that because of this, Trump is a good choice for an anarchist. Nothing good be further from the truth. Trump is an authoritarian, and will make the federal government have much more authoritarian values.

One of the policies Trump has been adamant about is increasing the power police force to maintain "law and order". He touted the "stop and frisk" practice, advocated that the USA should use torture (waterboarding and "worse than waterboarding"), and wants to increase government surveillance. It is no wonder the FBI is clearly biased in Trump's favor!

I find this Trump quote to be telling of his personality:

"Let our politicians give back our police department the power to keep us safe"

http://www.chicagotribune.com...

Further, Trump wants to limit the first amendment by restricting the freedom of the press (he wants to make USA press laws more like England). You may say that Trump is just against the "biased" media. But, let me remind you that it is Trump who advocates quack stories (Ted Cruz's dad being linked to the JFK assassination, Obama being the "literal" founder of ISIS, that there is a global conspiracy against him, and more and more). Trump sees no problem with the National Enquirer and Alex Jones. Clearly Trump cares whether journalists criticize or praise him, not whether their stores are based on evidence. If you value the first amendment voting Trump is not an option.

It is also a myth that Trump will use his "authoritarian power" to stand up to America's enemies. Trump has continually praised Putin (who his campaign has ties to) and his policies are directly inline with Putin's interests.

Trump is not a good option for anarchists. Trump is not a good option for those who want to "blow up" the government. Trump will make the government much more authoritarian.

Sh!tposting at its finest.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 2:29:08 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 2:27:41 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 11/5/2016 1:18:40 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I have heard some people who are fed up with government say they like Trump because he will "blow things up". Some people make it sound that because of this, Trump is a good choice for an anarchist. Nothing good be further from the truth. Trump is an authoritarian, and will make the federal government have much more authoritarian values.

One of the policies Trump has been adamant about is increasing the power police force to maintain "law and order". He touted the "stop and frisk" practice, advocated that the USA should use torture (waterboarding and "worse than waterboarding"), and wants to increase government surveillance. It is no wonder the FBI is clearly biased in Trump's favor!

I find this Trump quote to be telling of his personality:

"Let our politicians give back our police department the power to keep us safe"

http://www.chicagotribune.com...

Further, Trump wants to limit the first amendment by restricting the freedom of the press (he wants to make USA press laws more like England). You may say that Trump is just against the "biased" media. But, let me remind you that it is Trump who advocates quack stories (Ted Cruz's dad being linked to the JFK assassination, Obama being the "literal" founder of ISIS, that there is a global conspiracy against him, and more and more). Trump sees no problem with the National Enquirer and Alex Jones. Clearly Trump cares whether journalists criticize or praise him, not whether their stores are based on evidence. If you value the first amendment voting Trump is not an option.

It is also a myth that Trump will use his "authoritarian power" to stand up to America's enemies. Trump has continually praised Putin (who his campaign has ties to) and his policies are directly inline with Putin's interests.

Trump is not a good option for anarchists. Trump is not a good option for those who want to "blow up" the government. Trump will make the government much more authoritarian.

Sh!tposting at its finest.

If you disagree with the post, I welcome you to explain why.
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 2:30:14 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 2:29:08 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:27:41 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 11/5/2016 1:18:40 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I have heard some people who are fed up with government say they like Trump because he will "blow things up". Some people make it sound that because of this, Trump is a good choice for an anarchist. Nothing good be further from the truth. Trump is an authoritarian, and will make the federal government have much more authoritarian values.

One of the policies Trump has been adamant about is increasing the power police force to maintain "law and order". He touted the "stop and frisk" practice, advocated that the USA should use torture (waterboarding and "worse than waterboarding"), and wants to increase government surveillance. It is no wonder the FBI is clearly biased in Trump's favor!

I find this Trump quote to be telling of his personality:

"Let our politicians give back our police department the power to keep us safe"

http://www.chicagotribune.com...

Further, Trump wants to limit the first amendment by restricting the freedom of the press (he wants to make USA press laws more like England). You may say that Trump is just against the "biased" media. But, let me remind you that it is Trump who advocates quack stories (Ted Cruz's dad being linked to the JFK assassination, Obama being the "literal" founder of ISIS, that there is a global conspiracy against him, and more and more). Trump sees no problem with the National Enquirer and Alex Jones. Clearly Trump cares whether journalists criticize or praise him, not whether their stores are based on evidence. If you value the first amendment voting Trump is not an option.

It is also a myth that Trump will use his "authoritarian power" to stand up to America's enemies. Trump has continually praised Putin (who his campaign has ties to) and his policies are directly inline with Putin's interests.

Trump is not a good option for anarchists. Trump is not a good option for those who want to "blow up" the government. Trump will make the government much more authoritarian.

Sh!tposting at its finest.

If you disagree with the post, I welcome you to explain why.

I would but I'm tired of responding to childish insults and sh!tposts on here. I would prefer to actually discuss politics in contrast to coming up with useless insults against both people.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 2:33:32 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 2:30:14 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:29:08 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:27:41 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 11/5/2016 1:18:40 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I have heard some people who are fed up with government say they like Trump because he will "blow things up". Some people make it sound that because of this, Trump is a good choice for an anarchist. Nothing good be further from the truth. Trump is an authoritarian, and will make the federal government have much more authoritarian values.

One of the policies Trump has been adamant about is increasing the power police force to maintain "law and order". He touted the "stop and frisk" practice, advocated that the USA should use torture (waterboarding and "worse than waterboarding"), and wants to increase government surveillance. It is no wonder the FBI is clearly biased in Trump's favor!

I find this Trump quote to be telling of his personality:

"Let our politicians give back our police department the power to keep us safe"

http://www.chicagotribune.com...

Further, Trump wants to limit the first amendment by restricting the freedom of the press (he wants to make USA press laws more like England). You may say that Trump is just against the "biased" media. But, let me remind you that it is Trump who advocates quack stories (Ted Cruz's dad being linked to the JFK assassination, Obama being the "literal" founder of ISIS, that there is a global conspiracy against him, and more and more). Trump sees no problem with the National Enquirer and Alex Jones. Clearly Trump cares whether journalists criticize or praise him, not whether their stores are based on evidence. If you value the first amendment voting Trump is not an option.

It is also a myth that Trump will use his "authoritarian power" to stand up to America's enemies. Trump has continually praised Putin (who his campaign has ties to) and his policies are directly inline with Putin's interests.

Trump is not a good option for anarchists. Trump is not a good option for those who want to "blow up" the government. Trump will make the government much more authoritarian.

Sh!tposting at its finest.

If you disagree with the post, I welcome you to explain why.

I would but I'm tired of responding to childish insults and sh!tposts on here. I would prefer to actually discuss politics in contrast to coming up with useless insults against both people.

I am arguing that Trump is an authoritarian. I do not see how I am insulting anyone. If you disagree, you are welcome to explain your point of view.
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 2:34:33 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 2:33:32 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:30:14 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:29:08 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:27:41 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 11/5/2016 1:18:40 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I have heard some people who are fed up with government say they like Trump because he will "blow things up". Some people make it sound that because of this, Trump is a good choice for an anarchist. Nothing good be further from the truth. Trump is an authoritarian, and will make the federal government have much more authoritarian values.

One of the policies Trump has been adamant about is increasing the power police force to maintain "law and order". He touted the "stop and frisk" practice, advocated that the USA should use torture (waterboarding and "worse than waterboarding"), and wants to increase government surveillance. It is no wonder the FBI is clearly biased in Trump's favor!

I find this Trump quote to be telling of his personality:

"Let our politicians give back our police department the power to keep us safe"

http://www.chicagotribune.com...

Further, Trump wants to limit the first amendment by restricting the freedom of the press (he wants to make USA press laws more like England). You may say that Trump is just against the "biased" media. But, let me remind you that it is Trump who advocates quack stories (Ted Cruz's dad being linked to the JFK assassination, Obama being the "literal" founder of ISIS, that there is a global conspiracy against him, and more and more). Trump sees no problem with the National Enquirer and Alex Jones. Clearly Trump cares whether journalists criticize or praise him, not whether their stores are based on evidence. If you value the first amendment voting Trump is not an option.

It is also a myth that Trump will use his "authoritarian power" to stand up to America's enemies. Trump has continually praised Putin (who his campaign has ties to) and his policies are directly inline with Putin's interests.

Trump is not a good option for anarchists. Trump is not a good option for those who want to "blow up" the government. Trump will make the government much more authoritarian.

Sh!tposting at its finest.

If you disagree with the post, I welcome you to explain why.

I would but I'm tired of responding to childish insults and sh!tposts on here. I would prefer to actually discuss politics in contrast to coming up with useless insults against both people.

I am arguing that Trump is an authoritarian. I do not see how I am insulting anyone. If you disagree, you are welcome to explain your point of view.

Buzzword.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 2:35:59 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 2:34:33 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:33:32 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:30:14 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:29:08 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:27:41 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 11/5/2016 1:18:40 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I have heard some people who are fed up with government say they like Trump because he will "blow things up". Some people make it sound that because of this, Trump is a good choice for an anarchist. Nothing good be further from the truth. Trump is an authoritarian, and will make the federal government have much more authoritarian values.

One of the policies Trump has been adamant about is increasing the power police force to maintain "law and order". He touted the "stop and frisk" practice, advocated that the USA should use torture (waterboarding and "worse than waterboarding"), and wants to increase government surveillance. It is no wonder the FBI is clearly biased in Trump's favor!

I find this Trump quote to be telling of his personality:

"Let our politicians give back our police department the power to keep us safe"

http://www.chicagotribune.com...

Further, Trump wants to limit the first amendment by restricting the freedom of the press (he wants to make USA press laws more like England). You may say that Trump is just against the "biased" media. But, let me remind you that it is Trump who advocates quack stories (Ted Cruz's dad being linked to the JFK assassination, Obama being the "literal" founder of ISIS, that there is a global conspiracy against him, and more and more). Trump sees no problem with the National Enquirer and Alex Jones. Clearly Trump cares whether journalists criticize or praise him, not whether their stores are based on evidence. If you value the first amendment voting Trump is not an option.

It is also a myth that Trump will use his "authoritarian power" to stand up to America's enemies. Trump has continually praised Putin (who his campaign has ties to) and his policies are directly inline with Putin's interests.

Trump is not a good option for anarchists. Trump is not a good option for those who want to "blow up" the government. Trump will make the government much more authoritarian.

Sh!tposting at its finest.

If you disagree with the post, I welcome you to explain why.

I would but I'm tired of responding to childish insults and sh!tposts on here. I would prefer to actually discuss politics in contrast to coming up with useless insults against both people.

I am arguing that Trump is an authoritarian. I do not see how I am insulting anyone. If you disagree, you are welcome to explain your point of view.

Buzzword.

Do you disagree with me because you are pro-authoritarian and think that an authoritarian government is good for the country? Or, do you disagree with me because you do not think Trump is an authoritarian?
Subutai
Posts: 3,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 2:36:48 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
I don't think anyone who knows what anarchism is and knows who Trump is would seriously consider Trump an anarchist candidate. Not even a little bit.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 2:36:58 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 2:35:59 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:34:33 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:33:32 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:30:14 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:29:08 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:27:41 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 11/5/2016 1:18:40 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I have heard some people who are fed up with government say they like Trump because he will "blow things up". Some people make it sound that because of this, Trump is a good choice for an anarchist. Nothing good be further from the truth. Trump is an authoritarian, and will make the federal government have much more authoritarian values.

One of the policies Trump has been adamant about is increasing the power police force to maintain "law and order". He touted the "stop and frisk" practice, advocated that the USA should use torture (waterboarding and "worse than waterboarding"), and wants to increase government surveillance. It is no wonder the FBI is clearly biased in Trump's favor!

I find this Trump quote to be telling of his personality:

"Let our politicians give back our police department the power to keep us safe"

http://www.chicagotribune.com...

Further, Trump wants to limit the first amendment by restricting the freedom of the press (he wants to make USA press laws more like England). You may say that Trump is just against the "biased" media. But, let me remind you that it is Trump who advocates quack stories (Ted Cruz's dad being linked to the JFK assassination, Obama being the "literal" founder of ISIS, that there is a global conspiracy against him, and more and more). Trump sees no problem with the National Enquirer and Alex Jones. Clearly Trump cares whether journalists criticize or praise him, not whether their stores are based on evidence. If you value the first amendment voting Trump is not an option.

It is also a myth that Trump will use his "authoritarian power" to stand up to America's enemies. Trump has continually praised Putin (who his campaign has ties to) and his policies are directly inline with Putin's interests.

Trump is not a good option for anarchists. Trump is not a good option for those who want to "blow up" the government. Trump will make the government much more authoritarian.

Sh!tposting at its finest.

If you disagree with the post, I welcome you to explain why.

I would but I'm tired of responding to childish insults and sh!tposts on here. I would prefer to actually discuss politics in contrast to coming up with useless insults against both people.

I am arguing that Trump is an authoritarian. I do not see how I am insulting anyone. If you disagree, you are welcome to explain your point of view.

Buzzword.

Do you disagree with me because you are pro-authoritarian and think that an authoritarian government is good for the country? Or, do you disagree with me because you do not think Trump is an authoritarian?

Perhaps the latter.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 2:40:38 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 2:36:58 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:35:59 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:34:33 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:33:32 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:30:14 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:29:08 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:27:41 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 11/5/2016 1:18:40 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I have heard some people who are fed up with government say they like Trump because he will "blow things up". Some people make it sound that because of this, Trump is a good choice for an anarchist. Nothing good be further from the truth. Trump is an authoritarian, and will make the federal government have much more authoritarian values.

One of the policies Trump has been adamant about is increasing the power police force to maintain "law and order". He touted the "stop and frisk" practice, advocated that the USA should use torture (waterboarding and "worse than waterboarding"), and wants to increase government surveillance. It is no wonder the FBI is clearly biased in Trump's favor!

I find this Trump quote to be telling of his personality:

"Let our politicians give back our police department the power to keep us safe"

http://www.chicagotribune.com...

Further, Trump wants to limit the first amendment by restricting the freedom of the press (he wants to make USA press laws more like England). You may say that Trump is just against the "biased" media. But, let me remind you that it is Trump who advocates quack stories (Ted Cruz's dad being linked to the JFK assassination, Obama being the "literal" founder of ISIS, that there is a global conspiracy against him, and more and more). Trump sees no problem with the National Enquirer and Alex Jones. Clearly Trump cares whether journalists criticize or praise him, not whether their stores are based on evidence. If you value the first amendment voting Trump is not an option.

It is also a myth that Trump will use his "authoritarian power" to stand up to America's enemies. Trump has continually praised Putin (who his campaign has ties to) and his policies are directly inline with Putin's interests.

Trump is not a good option for anarchists. Trump is not a good option for those who want to "blow up" the government. Trump will make the government much more authoritarian.

Sh!tposting at its finest.

If you disagree with the post, I welcome you to explain why.

I would but I'm tired of responding to childish insults and sh!tposts on here. I would prefer to actually discuss politics in contrast to coming up with useless insults against both people.

I am arguing that Trump is an authoritarian. I do not see how I am insulting anyone. If you disagree, you are welcome to explain your point of view.

Buzzword.

Do you disagree with me because you are pro-authoritarian and think that an authoritarian government is good for the country? Or, do you disagree with me because you do not think Trump is an authoritarian?

Perhaps the latter.

Okay, well if you would like to present your case as to why Trump is not authoritarian, I welcome you do to so. I presented a case as to why he is authoritarian. I am happy to discuss this issue if you like.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 2:42:01 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 2:36:48 PM, Subutai wrote:
I don't think anyone who knows what anarchism is and knows who Trump is would seriously consider Trump an anarchist candidate. Not even a little bit.

I understand. I don't think anyone who knows what a "tell it like it is" candidate is, would seriously consider Trump to be one. Yet, there are some people who think that Trump "tells it like it is".
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 3:07:18 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 2:36:48 PM, Subutai wrote:
I don't think anyone who knows what anarchism is and knows who Trump is would seriously consider Trump an anarchist candidate. Not even a little bit.

I said the word "anarchist" in my post, but I also meant libertarians. I believe that Trump's authoritarian tendencies are the opposite of many libertarian values. Voting Trump is not an option for libertarians.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 3:34:46 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 2:29:08 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:27:41 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

Sh!tposting at its finest.

If you disagree with the post, I welcome you to explain why.

Triangle is not worth the effort it takes to type a response. You can say anything whether it be factual or false, and instead of addressing the content he responds with ad hominem attacks because he is incapable of responding intellectually. To return his sentiments, all he does is "Sh!tpost". He bombards threads that differ from his views with anti-intellectual rhetoric that highlights and exemplifies his own stupidity.
slo1
Posts: 4,359
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 3:57:25 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 2:34:33 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:33:32 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:30:14 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:29:08 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:27:41 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 11/5/2016 1:18:40 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I have heard some people who are fed up with government say they like Trump because he will "blow things up". Some people make it sound that because of this, Trump is a good choice for an anarchist. Nothing good be further from the truth. Trump is an authoritarian, and will make the federal government have much more authoritarian values.

One of the policies Trump has been adamant about is increasing the power police force to maintain "law and order". He touted the "stop and frisk" practice, advocated that the USA should use torture (waterboarding and "worse than waterboarding"), and wants to increase government surveillance. It is no wonder the FBI is clearly biased in Trump's favor!

I find this Trump quote to be telling of his personality:

"Let our politicians give back our police department the power to keep us safe"

http://www.chicagotribune.com...

Further, Trump wants to limit the first amendment by restricting the freedom of the press (he wants to make USA press laws more like England). You may say that Trump is just against the "biased" media. But, let me remind you that it is Trump who advocates quack stories (Ted Cruz's dad being linked to the JFK assassination, Obama being the "literal" founder of ISIS, that there is a global conspiracy against him, and more and more). Trump sees no problem with the National Enquirer and Alex Jones. Clearly Trump cares whether journalists criticize or praise him, not whether their stores are based on evidence. If you value the first amendment voting Trump is not an option.

It is also a myth that Trump will use his "authoritarian power" to stand up to America's enemies. Trump has continually praised Putin (who his campaign has ties to) and his policies are directly inline with Putin's interests.

Trump is not a good option for anarchists. Trump is not a good option for those who want to "blow up" the government. Trump will make the government much more authoritarian.

Sh!tposting at its finest.

If you disagree with the post, I welcome you to explain why.

I would but I'm tired of responding to childish insults and sh!tposts on here. I would prefer to actually discuss politics in contrast to coming up with useless insults against both people.

I am arguing that Trump is an authoritarian. I do not see how I am insulting anyone. If you disagree, you are welcome to explain your point of view.

Buzzword.

Fascist is a buzz word. authoritarian is a proper word. One could even say it is a politically correct word that has to be used lest Trump supporters get offended.
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 3:59:41 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 1:18:40 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I have heard some people who are fed up with government say they like Trump because he will "blow things up". Some people make it sound that because of this, Trump is a good choice for an anarchist. Nothing good be further from the truth. Trump is an authoritarian, and will make the federal government have much more authoritarian values.

One of the policies Trump has been adamant about is increasing the power police force to maintain "law and order". He touted the "stop and frisk" practice, advocated that the USA should use torture (waterboarding and "worse than waterboarding"), and wants to increase government surveillance. It is no wonder the FBI is clearly biased in Trump's favor!

I find this Trump quote to be telling of his personality:

"Let our politicians give back our police department the power to keep us safe"

http://www.chicagotribune.com...

Further, Trump wants to limit the first amendment by restricting the freedom of the press (he wants to make USA press laws more like England). You may say that Trump is just against the "biased" media. But, let me remind you that it is Trump who advocates quack stories (Ted Cruz's dad being linked to the JFK assassination, Obama being the "literal" founder of ISIS, that there is a global conspiracy against him, and more and more). Trump sees no problem with the National Enquirer and Alex Jones. Clearly Trump cares whether journalists criticize or praise him, not whether their stores are based on evidence. If you value the first amendment voting Trump is not an option.

It is also a myth that Trump will use his "authoritarian power" to stand up to America's enemies. Trump has continually praised Putin (who his campaign has ties to) and his policies are directly inline with Putin's interests.

Trump is not a good option for anarchists. Trump is not a good option for those who want to "blow up" the government. Trump will make the government much more authoritarian.

An 'anarchist' can be defined as anybody sho rebels against the norm or the mainstream; which many people see Trump as doing. There is no strict meaning on what an anarchist is because they are people who essentially don't conform to the standard at that particular point. Trump is certainly someone who is threatening to upset the status-quo somewhat, so in that sense he could be described as an anarchist.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,317
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 4:03:15 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 3:57:25 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:34:33 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:33:32 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:30:14 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:29:08 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:27:41 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 11/5/2016 1:18:40 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I have heard some people who are fed up with government say they like Trump because he will "blow things up". Some people make it sound that because of this, Trump is a good choice for an anarchist. Nothing good be further from the truth. Trump is an authoritarian, and will make the federal government have much more authoritarian values.

One of the policies Trump has been adamant about is increasing the power police force to maintain "law and order". He touted the "stop and frisk" practice, advocated that the USA should use torture (waterboarding and "worse than waterboarding"), and wants to increase government surveillance. It is no wonder the FBI is clearly biased in Trump's favor!

I find this Trump quote to be telling of his personality:

"Let our politicians give back our police department the power to keep us safe"

http://www.chicagotribune.com...

Further, Trump wants to limit the first amendment by restricting the freedom of the press (he wants to make USA press laws more like England). You may say that Trump is just against the "biased" media. But, let me remind you that it is Trump who advocates quack stories (Ted Cruz's dad being linked to the JFK assassination, Obama being the "literal" founder of ISIS, that there is a global conspiracy against him, and more and more). Trump sees no problem with the National Enquirer and Alex Jones. Clearly Trump cares whether journalists criticize or praise him, not whether their stores are based on evidence. If you value the first amendment voting Trump is not an option.

It is also a myth that Trump will use his "authoritarian power" to stand up to America's enemies. Trump has continually praised Putin (who his campaign has ties to) and his policies are directly inline with Putin's interests.

Trump is not a good option for anarchists. Trump is not a good option for those who want to "blow up" the government. Trump will make the government much more authoritarian.

Sh!tposting at its finest.

If you disagree with the post, I welcome you to explain why.

I would but I'm tired of responding to childish insults and sh!tposts on here. I would prefer to actually discuss politics in contrast to coming up with useless insults against both people.

I am arguing that Trump is an authoritarian. I do not see how I am insulting anyone. If you disagree, you are welcome to explain your point of view.

Buzzword.

Fascist is a buzz word. authoritarian is a proper word. One could even say it is a politically correct word that has to be used lest Trump supporters get offended.

Presidents should be authoritarians if you believe their job is to uphold and enforce laws passed by Congress... Or you could vote for Hillary instead....
inferno
Posts: 10,679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 4:03:45 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 1:18:40 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I have heard some people who are fed up with government say they like Trump because he will "blow things up". Some people make it sound that because of this, Trump is a good choice for an anarchist. Nothing good be further from the truth. Trump is an authoritarian, and will make the federal government have much more authoritarian values.

One of the policies Trump has been adamant about is increasing the power police force to maintain "law and order". He touted the "stop and frisk" practice, advocated that the USA should use torture (waterboarding and "worse than waterboarding"), and wants to increase government surveillance. It is no wonder the FBI is clearly biased in Trump's favor!

I find this Trump quote to be telling of his personality:

"Let our politicians give back our police department the power to keep us safe"

http://www.chicagotribune.com...

Further, Trump wants to limit the first amendment by restricting the freedom of the press (he wants to make USA press laws more like England). You may say that Trump is just against the "biased" media. But, let me remind you that it is Trump who advocates quack stories (Ted Cruz's dad being linked to the JFK assassination, Obama being the "literal" founder of ISIS, that there is a global conspiracy against him, and more and more). Trump sees no problem with the National Enquirer and Alex Jones. Clearly Trump cares whether journalists criticize or praise him, not whether their stores are based on evidence. If you value the first amendment voting Trump is not an option.

It is also a myth that Trump will use his "authoritarian power" to stand up to America's enemies. Trump has continually praised Putin (who his campaign has ties to) and his policies are directly inline with Putin's interests.

Trump is not a good option for anarchists. Trump is not a good option for those who want to "blow up" the government. Trump will make the government much more authoritarian.

He is also a fascist dictator. You forgot that part, too.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,317
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 4:28:25 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 4:03:45 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/5/2016 1:18:40 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I have heard some people who are fed up with government say they like Trump because he will "blow things up". Some people make it sound that because of this, Trump is a good choice for an anarchist. Nothing good be further from the truth. Trump is an authoritarian, and will make the federal government have much more authoritarian values.

One of the policies Trump has been adamant about is increasing the power police force to maintain "law and order". He touted the "stop and frisk" practice, advocated that the USA should use torture (waterboarding and "worse than waterboarding"), and wants to increase government surveillance. It is no wonder the FBI is clearly biased in Trump's favor!

I find this Trump quote to be telling of his personality:

"Let our politicians give back our police department the power to keep us safe"

http://www.chicagotribune.com...

Further, Trump wants to limit the first amendment by restricting the freedom of the press (he wants to make USA press laws more like England). You may say that Trump is just against the "biased" media. But, let me remind you that it is Trump who advocates quack stories (Ted Cruz's dad being linked to the JFK assassination, Obama being the "literal" founder of ISIS, that there is a global conspiracy against him, and more and more). Trump sees no problem with the National Enquirer and Alex Jones. Clearly Trump cares whether journalists criticize or praise him, not whether their stores are based on evidence. If you value the first amendment voting Trump is not an option.

It is also a myth that Trump will use his "authoritarian power" to stand up to America's enemies. Trump has continually praised Putin (who his campaign has ties to) and his policies are directly inline with Putin's interests.

Trump is not a good option for anarchists. Trump is not a good option for those who want to "blow up" the government. Trump will make the government much more authoritarian.

He is also a fascist dictator. You forgot that part, too.

The real fascist will emerge in the next 4 years after Trump is denied.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 4:34:46 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 3:34:46 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:29:08 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:27:41 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

Sh!tposting at its finest.

If you disagree with the post, I welcome you to explain why.

Triangle is not worth the effort it takes to type a response. You can say anything whether it be factual or false, and instead of addressing the content he responds with ad hominem attacks because he is incapable of responding intellectually. To return his sentiments, all he does is "Sh!tpost". He bombards threads that differ from his views with anti-intellectual rhetoric that highlights and exemplifies his own stupidity.

I agree. That definitely seems to be the case with him.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 4:37:32 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 3:59:41 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/5/2016 1:18:40 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I have heard some people who are fed up with government say they like Trump because he will "blow things up". Some people make it sound that because of this, Trump is a good choice for an anarchist. Nothing good be further from the truth. Trump is an authoritarian, and will make the federal government have much more authoritarian values.

One of the policies Trump has been adamant about is increasing the power police force to maintain "law and order". He touted the "stop and frisk" practice, advocated that the USA should use torture (waterboarding and "worse than waterboarding"), and wants to increase government surveillance. It is no wonder the FBI is clearly biased in Trump's favor!

I find this Trump quote to be telling of his personality:

"Let our politicians give back our police department the power to keep us safe"

http://www.chicagotribune.com...

Further, Trump wants to limit the first amendment by restricting the freedom of the press (he wants to make USA press laws more like England). You may say that Trump is just against the "biased" media. But, let me remind you that it is Trump who advocates quack stories (Ted Cruz's dad being linked to the JFK assassination, Obama being the "literal" founder of ISIS, that there is a global conspiracy against him, and more and more). Trump sees no problem with the National Enquirer and Alex Jones. Clearly Trump cares whether journalists criticize or praise him, not whether their stores are based on evidence. If you value the first amendment voting Trump is not an option.

It is also a myth that Trump will use his "authoritarian power" to stand up to America's enemies. Trump has continually praised Putin (who his campaign has ties to) and his policies are directly inline with Putin's interests.

Trump is not a good option for anarchists. Trump is not a good option for those who want to "blow up" the government. Trump will make the government much more authoritarian.

An 'anarchist' can be defined as anybody sho rebels against the norm or the mainstream; which many people see Trump as doing. There is no strict meaning on what an anarchist is because they are people who essentially don't conform to the standard at that particular point. Trump is certainly someone who is threatening to upset the status-quo somewhat, so in that sense he could be described as an anarchist.

So you would think that someone who wants a federal government that is much more authoritarian than the norm/mainstream is an anarchist? Fair enough, if that is your definition of an anarchist.

However, Trump is definitely the opposite of a libertarian.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 4:48:11 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 3:59:41 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/5/2016 1:18:40 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I have heard some people who are fed up with government say they like Trump because he will "blow things up". Some people make it sound that because of this, Trump is a good choice for an anarchist. Nothing good be further from the truth. Trump is an authoritarian, and will make the federal government have much more authoritarian values.

One of the policies Trump has been adamant about is increasing the power police force to maintain "law and order". He touted the "stop and frisk" practice, advocated that the USA should use torture (waterboarding and "worse than waterboarding"), and wants to increase government surveillance. It is no wonder the FBI is clearly biased in Trump's favor!

I find this Trump quote to be telling of his personality:

"Let our politicians give back our police department the power to keep us safe"

http://www.chicagotribune.com...

Further, Trump wants to limit the first amendment by restricting the freedom of the press (he wants to make USA press laws more like England). You may say that Trump is just against the "biased" media. But, let me remind you that it is Trump who advocates quack stories (Ted Cruz's dad being linked to the JFK assassination, Obama being the "literal" founder of ISIS, that there is a global conspiracy against him, and more and more). Trump sees no problem with the National Enquirer and Alex Jones. Clearly Trump cares whether journalists criticize or praise him, not whether their stores are based on evidence. If you value the first amendment voting Trump is not an option.

It is also a myth that Trump will use his "authoritarian power" to stand up to America's enemies. Trump has continually praised Putin (who his campaign has ties to) and his policies are directly inline with Putin's interests.

Trump is not a good option for anarchists. Trump is not a good option for those who want to "blow up" the government. Trump will make the government much more authoritarian.

An 'anarchist' can be defined as anybody sho rebels against the norm or the mainstream; which many people see Trump as doing. There is no strict meaning on what an anarchist is because they are people who essentially don't conform to the standard at that particular point. Trump is certainly someone who is threatening to upset the status-quo somewhat, so in that sense he could be described as an anarchist.

I will also point out the definition of anarchy, as it seems you define the word differently.

"a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority"

"absence of government and absolute freedom of the individual, regarded as a political ideal."

"absence or denial of any authority or established order"

"absence of government"

http://www.merriam-webster.com...

https://www.google.com...

It seems that Trump's ideals are the opposite of the actual definition of anarchist, if not your personal definition.
mc9
Posts: 1,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 4:51:15 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 3:59:41 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/5/2016 1:18:40 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I have heard some people who are fed up with government say they like Trump because he will "blow things up". Some people make it sound that because of this, Trump is a good choice for an anarchist. Nothing good be further from the truth. Trump is an authoritarian, and will make the federal government have much more authoritarian values.

One of the policies Trump has been adamant about is increasing the power police force to maintain "law and order". He touted the "stop and frisk" practice, advocated that the USA should use torture (waterboarding and "worse than waterboarding"), and wants to increase government surveillance. It is no wonder the FBI is clearly biased in Trump's favor!

I find this Trump quote to be telling of his personality:

"Let our politicians give back our police department the power to keep us safe"

http://www.chicagotribune.com...

Further, Trump wants to limit the first amendment by restricting the freedom of the press (he wants to make USA press laws more like England). You may say that Trump is just against the "biased" media. But, let me remind you that it is Trump who advocates quack stories (Ted Cruz's dad being linked to the JFK assassination, Obama being the "literal" founder of ISIS, that there is a global conspiracy against him, and more and more). Trump sees no problem with the National Enquirer and Alex Jones. Clearly Trump cares whether journalists criticize or praise him, not whether their stores are based on evidence. If you value the first amendment voting Trump is not an option.

It is also a myth that Trump will use his "authoritarian power" to stand up to America's enemies. Trump has continually praised Putin (who his campaign has ties to) and his policies are directly inline with Putin's interests.

Trump is not a good option for anarchists. Trump is not a good option for those who want to "blow up" the government. Trump will make the government much more authoritarian.

An 'anarchist' can be defined as anybody sho rebels against the norm or the mainstream; which many people see Trump as doing. There is no strict meaning on what an anarchist is because they are people who essentially don't conform to the standard at that particular point. Trump is certainly someone who is threatening to upset the status-quo somewhat, so in that sense he could be described as an anarchist.

I think she means small government people
slo1
Posts: 4,359
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 10:10:28 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 4:03:15 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 11/5/2016 3:57:25 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:34:33 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:33:32 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:30:14 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:29:08 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/5/2016 2:27:41 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 11/5/2016 1:18:40 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I have heard some people who are fed up with government say they like Trump because he will "blow things up". Some people make it sound that because of this, Trump is a good choice for an anarchist. Nothing good be further from the truth. Trump is an authoritarian, and will make the federal government have much more authoritarian values.

One of the policies Trump has been adamant about is increasing the power police force to maintain "law and order". He touted the "stop and frisk" practice, advocated that the USA should use torture (waterboarding and "worse than waterboarding"), and wants to increase government surveillance. It is no wonder the FBI is clearly biased in Trump's favor!

I find this Trump quote to be telling of his personality:

"Let our politicians give back our police department the power to keep us safe"

http://www.chicagotribune.com...

Further, Trump wants to limit the first amendment by restricting the freedom of the press (he wants to make USA press laws more like England). You may say that Trump is just against the "biased" media. But, let me remind you that it is Trump who advocates quack stories (Ted Cruz's dad being linked to the JFK assassination, Obama being the "literal" founder of ISIS, that there is a global conspiracy against him, and more and more). Trump sees no problem with the National Enquirer and Alex Jones. Clearly Trump cares whether journalists criticize or praise him, not whether their stores are based on evidence. If you value the first amendment voting Trump is not an option.

It is also a myth that Trump will use his "authoritarian power" to stand up to America's enemies. Trump has continually praised Putin (who his campaign has ties to) and his policies are directly inline with Putin's interests.

Trump is not a good option for anarchists. Trump is not a good option for those who want to "blow up" the government. Trump will make the government much more authoritarian.

Sh!tposting at its finest.

If you disagree with the post, I welcome you to explain why.

I would but I'm tired of responding to childish insults and sh!tposts on here. I would prefer to actually discuss politics in contrast to coming up with useless insults against both people.

I am arguing that Trump is an authoritarian. I do not see how I am insulting anyone. If you disagree, you are welcome to explain your point of view.

Buzzword.

Fascist is a buzz word. authoritarian is a proper word. One could even say it is a politically correct word that has to be used lest Trump supporters get offended.

Presidents should be authoritarians if you believe their job is to uphold and enforce laws passed by Congress... Or you could vote for Hillary instead....

U mean like enforcing the laws to kick out reporters when the president doesn't like the questions being asked?
Genius_Intellect
Posts: 339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 11:40:17 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 1:18:40 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
I have heard some people who are fed up with government say they like Trump because he will "blow things up".

Trump must break the system to gain the presidency. Not beat it, break it - he's making it implode. What he actually does with the presidency is less important, and I honestly don't think he'll do very much. He won't make America great again, but he's certainly made it more transparent - ironically, by lying his_ass off.

It is also a myth that Trump will use his "authoritarian power" to stand up to America's enemies. Trump has continually praised Putin (who his campaign has ties to) and his policies are directly inline with Putin's interests.

Putin isn't an enemy and shouldn't become one. Countries with nukes should never be anything but best friends.

Trump is not a good option for anarchists. Trump is not a good option for those who want to "blow up" the government. Trump will make the government much more authoritarian.

At 11/5/2016 1:52:13 PM, slo1 wrote:
Anybody who is not able to see the house of cards his promises are built upon is simply ignoring the habitual lies that Trump spouts.

Many of Trump's supporters know that he's lying and don't care, because the entire political system is built on lies.
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 12:01:05 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/5/2016 1:18:40 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
Trump is not a good option for anarchists.

Well that doesn't really mean much, considering anarchists don't vote.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 2:35:26 PM
Posted: 1 month ago

Trump must break the system to gain the presidency. Not beat it, break it - he's making it implode. What he actually does with the presidency is less important, and I honestly don't think he'll do very much. He won't make America great again, but he's certainly made it more transparent - ironically, by lying his_ass off.

You do not care what Trump does with the Presidency? In addition to making the federal government more authoritarian, he will make it much less transparent. Trump has said that his cabinet will sign non-disclosure agreements that are more strict than the current agreement. He also attacks the media to avoid being transparent with them. You think the candidate than is not transparent enough to release his tax returns will bring transparency to the government?

It is also a myth that Trump will use his "authoritarian power" to stand up to America's enemies. Trump has continually praised Putin (who his campaign has ties to) and his policies are directly inline with Putin's interests.

Putin isn't an enemy and shouldn't become one. Countries with nukes should never be anything but best friends.

Putin is a dictator who does not share American values (like freedom, ect). He has been getting aggressive lately as well. Appeasing dictators is not a good move.

Many of Trump's supporters know that he's lying and don't care, because the entire political system is built on lies.

They clearly hold a irrational double standard. They cheer Trump on when he lies, but attack other candidates for lying. How does that even make sense?
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 3:06:49 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/6/2016 12:01:05 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 11/5/2016 1:18:40 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
Trump is not a good option for anarchists.

Well that doesn't really mean much, considering anarchists don't vote.

A good portion of people with libertarian leanings vote.