Jump to topic:

DDO 2016 Voting Thread

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 6:52:59 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
For the Presidency, and any state elections (or local, even), feel free to share who you're voting for on Tuesday, or who you've submitted early voting for, or who you would vote for if you're ineligible, or if you were forced to with a gun to your head.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 7:22:55 AM
President: Hillary Clinton
VP: Tim Kaine

Senator: Chris Van Hollen

Representative: John Sarbanes

Board of Ed: No Incumbents
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 7:29:45 AM
At 11/6/2016 6:52:59 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
For the Presidency, and any state elections (or local, even), feel free to share who you're voting for on Tuesday, or who you've submitted early voting for, or who you would vote for if you're ineligible, or if you were forced to with a gun to your head.

Sounds like a scheme to find out where people live!
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 8:16:21 AM
At 11/6/2016 7:29:45 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Sounds like a scheme to find out where people live!

Lol.

On a serious note, everything local is optional - but I encourage everyone to partake in some regard.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 8:27:38 AM
President: Undecided: but mostly leaning Clinton, slightly possibly Gary Johnson (would be if not for his share of insane policies, but things like his fake heart attack at hearing a falsehood on marijuana causing an increase in cardiac arrest risk in short-term after use are things that make me love him as an eccentric refresher sometimes), and I would really love to reduce our military budget - because I think that would stay down after he leaves office while taxes would go back up and cut aid would return. Would be a booth-time decision. 100% prefer Clinton over Trump, though I was open to Trump pre-circa VP choice, and may have been even leaning towards him before he went fully insane (and obviously before some...revelations on his past) in regards to policy and his speeches.

Representative: Josh Gottheimer (D), former Clinton speechwriter and moderate fiscal, progressive social Democrat. Challenging incumbent and contender for worst elected federal official in the nation and most insane House member, New Jersey's embodiment of what the Family Research Council would be if a person - Scott Garrett.

Local:

No opinion, because my local government is corrupt and absolutely no information about my local election candidates ever seems to be public.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 1:16:51 PM

If I could vote: Sir Walter Raleigh
If I had a gun to my head: If I wouldn't get shot for my choice, but were simply told I had to vote, I'd probably just slap whichever thing was closer
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 1:18:34 PM
At 11/6/2016 1:16:51 PM, Vaarka wrote:

If I had a gun to my head: If I wouldn't get shot for my choice, but were simply told I had to vote, I'd probably just slap whichever thing was closer

Also, the only local person I know of is Deb Ross, who's apparently some kind of nazi because she "thinks burning the American flag is right, but refused to help a veteran fly one". It's about 90% of the ads I get on this site nowadays
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 2:08:54 PM
I'm currently living in England, but I came from Alabama. It would be a waste of my time to vote in the presidential election given that Alabama isn't even close to a swing state, especially given that I'd have to cast an absentee ballot. The entire state government is corrupt, and I don't care about local elections at all.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 5:00:03 PM
At 11/6/2016 1:18:34 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 11/6/2016 1:16:51 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Also, the only local person I know of is Deb Ross, who's apparently some kind of nazi because she "thinks burning the American flag is right, but refused to help a veteran fly one". It's about 90% of the ads I get on this site nowadays

I'd prefer president Clinton over senator Ross
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 5:02:42 PM
I'd vote democrat for my local state senator, am indifferent about the gubernatorial race, and vote Burr for senator and Trump for pres.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 9:09:24 PM
I voted Democrat all the way down the ballot, except for sheriff (which was uncontested). I also discovered the costs of overnight shipping, which is something I will never, ever do again. I expected it to be expensive. I did not expect it to cost $40.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 9:14:57 PM
At 11/6/2016 9:09:24 PM, SolonKR wrote:
I voted Democrat all the way down the ballot, except for sheriff (which was uncontested). I also discovered the costs of overnight shipping, which is something I will never, ever do again. I expected it to be expensive. I did not expect it to cost $40.

Good boy.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 9:16:13 PM
At 11/6/2016 3:56:12 PM, Geographia wrote:
YYW for president.

Honestly I can't tell if you're joking or being serious.

(You'd be amazed how many times people IRL seriously, and without reservation tell me I should run for office. I'm never going to, though.)
Tsar of DDO
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 9:24:04 PM
Hillary for President, and then I imagine I'll vote Republican ticket for all the local stuff.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 9:25:27 PM
At 11/6/2016 9:24:04 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Hillary for President, and then I imagine I'll vote Republican ticket for all the local stuff.

You should, at the very least, vote for the Democratic options in the senate in addition to voting for Hillary for president.
Tsar of DDO
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 9:28:43 PM
At 11/6/2016 9:25:27 PM, YYW wrote:

You should, at the very least, vote for the Democratic options in the senate in addition to voting for Hillary for president.

Uh, I'm not a Democrat?

The DDO Blog:

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 9:29:24 PM
In all honesty, I don't know squat about anyone who's running for senator, with the exception of David Duke, lol.

The DDO Blog:

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 9:30:30 PM
At 11/6/2016 9:28:43 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Uh, I'm not a Democrat?

Doesn't really matter. If you want the Republican party to ever return to a respectable state, they have to lose this election across the board.
Tsar of DDO
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 9:39:30 PM
At 11/6/2016 9:30:30 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/6/2016 9:28:43 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Uh, I'm not a Democrat?

Doesn't really matter. If you want the Republican party to ever return to a respectable state, they have to lose this election across the board.

Seeing Trump lose will suffice. I don't see the GOP as a whole as being particularly unrespectable or radical.

The DDO Blog:

Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 9:43:13 PM

Green Party - Jill Stein

Albeit I don't live in the US, and cannot vote.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 9:47:48 PM
At 11/6/2016 5:02:42 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
I'd vote democrat for my local state senator, am indifferent about the gubernatorial race, and vote Burr for senator and Trump for pres.

WHAT IS YOUR POLITICAL IDEOLOGY
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 9:50:23 PM
At 11/6/2016 9:47:48 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

Thx for the 60 dollars.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 9:56:53 PM
Straight ticket Republican.

President: Donald Trump
Rep: Gus Bilirakis (nice guy)
Senate: Marco Rubio
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 9:57:53 PM
At 11/6/2016 9:50:23 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 11/6/2016 9:47:48 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

Thx for the 60 dollars.

http://www.theonion.com...

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz