Jump to topic:

Comey: Our Conclusion Hasn't Changed

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 8:30:18 PM
Posted: 4 weeks ago
In about ten minutes, it's going to break that Comey has decided that the new inquiry is complete, and that the FBI's conclusion has not changed.
Tsar of DDO
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 8:39:33 PM
At 11/6/2016 8:30:18 PM, YYW wrote:
In about ten minutes, it's going to break that Comey has decided that the new inquiry is complete, and that the FBI's conclusion has not changed.

He's a man who enjoys pulling stunts, I guess.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 8:40:14 PM

He will resign within a month
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 8:44:33 PM
At 11/6/2016 8:40:14 PM, Mikal wrote:

I think you're right, or sooner. I think Obama might just ask for his resignation as soon as the election is over. I would. I would also burn Comey in the job market to make it clear that if ANY FBI director EVER made that mistake again, it will not only end their job... but ruin their career.

Comey had to be made an example of, or else this could happen again. This had such a tremendous impact on the election that it's going to take a while for people to understand the gravity of what he did.

The reality is that this is categorically unacceptable for any Federal employee, democrat or republican, and he has to be burned so that the norms, rules, and law he broke are reinforced.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 9:22:18 PM
At 11/6/2016 9:00:29 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Trump's betting market odds have dropped 4 points in like 15 minutes. Holy sh1t

This is why we have the Hatch Act, and interdepartmental norms forbidding people from fvckign up like James Comey did. He is a disgrace to the office he holds, a disgrace to the FBI, a disgrace to the Justice Department, generally, and he should resign.

While I think analogies to Hoover are too much (what he did is nothing compared to what Hoover did), it is invariably the case that his tremendously idiotic decision has had a very real, palpable impact on the election. He broke every rule in the book, and should hand in his resignation the day after Hillary Clinton wins the election.

Really, he shouldn't even have to wait for Obama to ask for it.
Tsar of DDO
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 9:45:50 PM
At 11/6/2016 9:22:18 PM, YYW wrote:

This is why we have the Hatch Act, and interdepartmental norms forbidding people from fvckign up like James Comey did. He is a disgrace to the office he holds, a disgrace to the FBI, a disgrace to the Justice Department, generally, and he should resign.

While I think analogies to Hoover are too much (what he did is nothing compared to what Hoover did), it is invariably the case that his tremendously idiotic decision has had a very real, palpable impact on the election. He broke every rule in the book, and should hand in his resignation the day after Hillary Clinton wins the election.

And yet he was applauded and lauded in July, August.. even into September while true skeptics were busy asking 'something's no right here?'

People like us were then ridiculed for sources even though most made clear they don't back a candidate and it's not about a candidate but an investigation.

I'd wait for an apology or admission but really, why bother. So few admit when they are wrong.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 9:56:50 PM
At 11/6/2016 9:45:50 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

And yet he was applauded and lauded in July, August.. even into September while true skeptics were busy asking 'something's no right here?'

People like us were then ridiculed for sources even though most made clear they don't back a candidate and it's not about a candidate but an investigation.

I'd wait for an apology or admission but really, why bother. So few admit when they are wrong.

This event can only increase the skeptic faction and weaken the government loyalist factions in the country. That's basically awesome.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 10:07:48 PM
At 11/6/2016 9:56:50 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

This event can only increase the skeptic faction and weaken the government loyalist factions in the country. That's basically awesome.

For you and I and some others. Many are too locked into their self ideology to realize the hypocrisy the system has become.

Or... you are white and my age. You are racist and uneducated or not nuanced enough to understand... how humans interact. Lol
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 10:14:40 PM

I think Comey was in a possible position.

Announce, and it looks bad.

Don't announce, and have information about new emails leaked via unofficial channels, and I looks even worse.

From what Gulliani intimated before the release, the Trump campaign had channels and informants in the FBI related to the investigation and may have been preparing to leak the information.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 10:16:15 PM
At 11/6/2016 10:14:40 PM, Ramshutu wrote:

From what Gulliani intimated before the release, the Trump campaign had channels and informants in the FBI related to the investigation and may have been preparing to leak the information.

I think you're exactly right, and that is certainly something that we'll have to see Franken explore in congressional hearings. I mean, the FBI has massively discredited itself here. I think to restore its legitimacy, Comey has to go.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 10:31:50 PM
The Trump-shills' reaction has been incredible.

Now Disgraced FBI Director James Comey Wrote:

Yep, we fvcked up. Nothing to see here. We looked over it all, and yeah... Hillary didn't do anything wrong. Oopsie.

To which the Trump campaign responds:

Braindead Trump Shill said on CNN:

Well they obviously didn't investigate enough! The system is rigged!

What. The. Actual. Fvck. America. What. The. Actual. Fvck.
Tsar of DDO
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 10:57:21 PM
At 11/6/2016 10:07:48 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

For you and I and some others. Many are too locked into their self ideology to realize the hypocrisy the system has become.

Or... you are white and my age. You are racist and uneducated or not nuanced enough to understand... how humans interact. Lol

Trump might lose this election battle, but still inadvertently win the war if he encourages the country to get rid of them all next election cycle. You're fired!
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 11:08:25 PM
At 11/6/2016 10:57:21 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 11/6/2016 10:07:48 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

Trump might lose this election battle, but still inadvertently win the war if he encourages the country to get rid of them all next election cycle. You're fired!

Personally I prefer someone other than him. I'm not voting for him. He is jingoistic but has no plans outside the sociological undertheme... much too often identified with solely 'white', 'solely middle class'.

There are a bunch of pissed off people that are neither dumb, nor 'ignant'; ethically identified one way or another, religious or atheistic... I can go on for awhile but long posts say little, usually. In short, the idea of person, not citizen, rule will reassert, or not.

I have too many warts attached to others I would never drag in. I've been asked.

Until the cycle isn't about solely what ones done but the ideas they'll die for, I'm not interested. Sam Adams wasn't a 'good person'
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 1:22:56 AM
At 11/6/2016 8:44:33 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/6/2016 8:40:14 PM, Mikal wrote:

I think you're right, or sooner. I think Obama might just ask for his resignation as soon as the election is over. I would. I would also burn Comey in the job market to make it clear that if ANY FBI director EVER made that mistake again, it will not only end their job... but ruin their career.

Comey had to be made an example of, or else this could happen again. This had such a tremendous impact on the election that it's going to take a while for people to understand the gravity of what he did.

The reality is that this is categorically unacceptable for any Federal employee, democrat or republican, and he has to be burned so that the norms, rules, and law he broke are reinforced.

+1
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 1:24:59 AM

But I'm glad you caught on to the Hoover reference, most would not have.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 1:27:15 AM
At 11/7/2016 1:24:59 AM, Peepette wrote:

Oh Hoover was a real character. Really, a very disgusting person. And yeah... I agree that most would not have caught on to it. Most don't have enough awareness with where we've been to understand how bad what Comey did, was.
Tsar of DDO
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 1:32:41 AM
At 11/7/2016 1:27:15 AM, YYW wrote:

Oh Hoover was a real character. Really, a very disgusting person. And yeah... I agree that most would not have caught on to it. Most don't have enough awareness with where we've been to understand how bad what Comey did, was.

Hate to use the California vernacular, but "like duh." Comey really brought on a sh#t storm of his own making.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 1:46:31 AM
At 11/7/2016 1:32:41 AM, Peepette wrote:
At 11/7/2016 1:27:15 AM, YYW wrote:

Hate to use the California vernacular, but "like duh." Comey really brought on a sh#t storm of his own making.

lol indeed he did
Tsar of DDO