Total Posts:40|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Huh?

Geogeer
Posts: 4,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...
Scruggs
Posts: 95
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 7:31:38 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...
I was just looking at this earlier today. It is a spit in the face to all real citizens of the US.
"If a man does not put himself in the attitude of a sinner, his prayer will not be heard before God." A brother asked him, "what is a sinful soul?" And St. Abba Moses replied, "Everyone who bears his own sins, and does not consider those of his companion."
Geogeer
Posts: 4,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 7:33:37 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 7:31:38 PM, Scruggs wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...
I was just looking at this earlier today. It is a spit in the face to all real citizens of the US.

Nobody appears to care about the rule of law anymore. It is just a blatant unadulterated power grab.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 7:34:09 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...

But wait...I thought you had to be a citizen to vote. Is that not true?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Geogeer
Posts: 4,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 7:42:51 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 7:34:09 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...

But wait...I thought you had to be a citizen to vote. Is that not true?

Apparently not any more.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 7:44:44 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 7:42:51 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:34:09 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...

But wait...I thought you had to be a citizen to vote. Is that not true?

Apparently not any more.

But that's not how it works, lol. You can't vote unless you're a citizen, which I'm pretty sure you have to prove when you go to vote. Even the President can't just say that it's no required.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 7:47:00 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...

It seems you are not interested in the truth; but interested in peddling the already fraudulent narrative that you want to believe in.

The full video is here:

https://www.youtube.com...

"RODRIGUEZ: Many of the millennials, Dreamers, undocumented citizens -- and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country -- are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?

OBAMA: Not true. And the reason is, first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself. And there is not a situation where the voting rolls somehow are transferred over and people start investigating, et cetera. The sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential in terms of who you voted for. If you have a family member who maybe is undocumented, then you have an even greater reason to vote.

RODRIGUEZ: This has been a huge fear presented especially during this election.

OBAMA: And the reason that fear is promoted is because they don't want people voting. People are discouraged from voting and part of what is important for Latino citizens is to make your voice heard, because you're not just speaking for yourself. You're speaking for family members, friends, classmates of yours in school...

RODRIGUEZ: Your entire community.

OBAMA: ... who may not have a voice. Who can't legally vote. But they're counting on you to make sure that you have the courage to make your voice heard."

It's pretty clear Obama is NOT encouraging illegal aliens people to vote; he's encouraging latino citizens who CAN vote to vote because, as he goes on to say (and it's clipped off your video, intentionally), it helps give a voice to those who can't legally vote.

So no.

And you need to ask yourself why this video was dishonestly edited, and presented as if it is saying something it clearly is not.

All it serves to do, is propagate a lie that is swallowed and believed by people like you.
Fernyx
Posts: 333
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 7:51:18 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 7:44:44 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:42:51 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:34:09 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...

But wait...I thought you had to be a citizen to vote. Is that not true?

Apparently not any more.

But that's not how it works, lol. You can't vote unless you're a citizen, which I'm pretty sure you have to prove when you go to vote. Even the President can't just say that it's no required.

Without voter ID laws, you do not need to prove that you are who you say you are.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 7:53:55 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 7:51:18 PM, Fernyx wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:44:44 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:42:51 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:34:09 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...

But wait...I thought you had to be a citizen to vote. Is that not true?

Apparently not any more.

But that's not how it works, lol. You can't vote unless you're a citizen, which I'm pretty sure you have to prove when you go to vote. Even the President can't just say that it's no required.

Without voter ID laws, you do not need to prove that you are who you say you are.

Yea. its supper easy. Make sure to vote a couple times for Trump.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 7:54:14 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 7:51:18 PM, Fernyx wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:44:44 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:42:51 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:34:09 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...

But wait...I thought you had to be a citizen to vote. Is that not true?

Apparently not any more.

But that's not how it works, lol. You can't vote unless you're a citizen, which I'm pretty sure you have to prove when you go to vote. Even the President can't just say that it's no required.

Without voter ID laws, you do not need to prove that you are who you say you are.

Huh...
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Burzmali
Posts: 1,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 8:07:59 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 7:51:18 PM, Fernyx wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:44:44 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:42:51 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:34:09 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...

But wait...I thought you had to be a citizen to vote. Is that not true?

Apparently not any more.

But that's not how it works, lol. You can't vote unless you're a citizen, which I'm pretty sure you have to prove when you go to vote. Even the President can't just say that it's no required.

Without voter ID laws, you do not need to prove that you are who you say you are.

But you have to be registered in order to vote. And registration requires identification. Sure, when you show up to vote, you don't have to prove you're a citizen... because you're already registered. You just have to have some evidence that you are who you claim to be. That can include a form of ID or a piece of mail like a utility bill sent to your home address.

For someone to vote illegally, they'd basically have to get the mail of someone who is already registered to vote, and then show up at that person's polling place. They could try to steal a mail-in ballot, too, I guess. They'd then have to hope the person they chose to impersonate didn't end up voting themselves. And this would have to be repeated for every fraudulent vote they attempted. The level of effort and risks are too high and the reward is too low for anyone to seriously consider trying to commit voter fraud on a scale large enough to affect an election result. Which is probably why in-person voter fraud is practically non-existent.
kevin24018
Posts: 1,952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 8:31:34 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 7:34:09 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...

But wait...I thought you had to be a citizen to vote. Is that not true?

since you don't have to show i.d. what difference at this point does it make?
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 8:36:33 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 8:31:34 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:34:09 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...

But wait...I thought you had to be a citizen to vote. Is that not true?

since you don't have to show i.d. what difference at this point does it make?

In person voting fraud is a joke. Get all worked-up over it if you like, but it is a panic over nothing.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 8:40:28 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
When are we going to get an executive branch that actually works as the founding fathers intended and enforces the crappy laws Congress keeps puking out?
Fernyx
Posts: 333
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 8:40:36 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 7:53:55 PM, TBR wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:51:18 PM, Fernyx wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:44:44 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:42:51 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:34:09 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...

But wait...I thought you had to be a citizen to vote. Is that not true?

Apparently not any more.

But that's not how it works, lol. You can't vote unless you're a citizen, which I'm pretty sure you have to prove when you go to vote. Even the President can't just say that it's no required.

Without voter ID laws, you do not need to prove that you are who you say you are.

Yea. its supper easy. Make sure to vote a couple times for Trump.

I despise Trump, wish that one guy succeeded at grabbing the guards gun and shot him straight in between his orange eyebrows.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 8:53:26 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 7:47:00 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...

It seems you are not interested in the truth; but interested in peddling the already fraudulent narrative that you want to believe in.

The full video is here:

https://www.youtube.com...

Thank-you, I had not been able to find this video earlier...

"RODRIGUEZ: Many of the millennials, Dreamers, undocumented citizens -- and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country -- are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?

Why would a millennial or "dreamer" (whatever that means) be afraid of immigration knowing where they live or being deported? Either she mis-phrased a canned question or this question was left intentionally mixed and confusing. There is no relation between millennials and people she likes to call citizens (who are illegals).

OBAMA: Not true. And the reason is, first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself. And there is not a situation where the voting rolls somehow are transferred over and people start investigating, et cetera. The sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential in terms of who you voted for. If you have a family member who maybe is undocumented, then you have an even greater reason to vote.

Here Obama either answers the question she was supposed to ask or leaves it intentionally misleading. The "Not true" comes after the last portion of her question which is will they come for my family and deport us. He doesn't actually answer her question.

RODRIGUEZ: This has been a huge fear presented especially during this election.

Really? I haven't heard anyone tell citizens not to go and vote. I've heard lots of people worried about illegals voting.

OBAMA: And the reason that fear is promoted is because they don't want people voting. People are discouraged from voting and part of what is important for Latino citizens is to make your voice heard, because you're not just speaking for yourself. You're speaking for family members, friends, classmates of yours in school...

RODRIGUEZ: Your entire community.

OBAMA: ... who may not have a voice. Who can't legally vote. But they're counting on you to make sure that you have the courage to make your voice heard."

It's pretty clear Obama is NOT encouraging illegal aliens people to vote; he's encouraging latino citizens who CAN vote to vote because, as he goes on to say (and it's clipped off your video, intentionally), it helps give a voice to those who can't legally vote.

So no.

And you need to ask yourself why this video was dishonestly edited, and presented as if it is saying something it clearly is not.

All it serves to do, is propagate a lie that is swallowed and believed by people like you.

Yes he does eventually say it in an implied way. Point taken. He left it with the impression that they could in the response to the direct question, but later denied it in an indirect manner.

If I went to my car dealer and said," I'm looking to add coolant to my engine. The pink G12 Prestone, G12 Motorcraft and windsheild washer fluid, which I like to think of as coolant - because they all say antifreeze. So if I add these to my coolant reservoir will they void my warranty? Will they cause my engine to seize?"

To which the dealer said, "No not at all. The addition of antifreeze to the coolant reservoir is good and required for proper operation of the vehicle. Now when you add the manufacturer specified antifreeze make sure you add antifreeze up to the cutoff line and not the top of the reservoir because several types of antifreeze in the engine are filled to different levels."

Has the owner said that it is proper to add windsheild washer fluid to the coolant reservoir? No. They said the opposite. Did they leave an impression by not categorically denying it that it may be proper? Yes some people could interpret it that way if they didn't listen particularly closely.

It was a true politicians answer. The truth was said, but in an obfuscated way.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 9:05:12 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
I can just fathom the reaction if the president asked the families of convicted and imprisoned rapists and murderers to vote to give these felons "a voice"
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 10:52:28 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...

The girl in the video is a legal USA citizen.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 11:04:12 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 10:52:28 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...

The girl in the video is a legal USA citizen.

This thread is most definitely much ado about nothing, but the way the question was asked of the president it would be reasonable for someone to attempt to make this point.

Regardless, Obamas point was clear to anyone not desperately trying to make a cheap point. If you are voting, you are a citizen.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 11:10:16 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 10:52:28 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...

The girl in the video is a legal USA citizen.

Yes, but she was asking about people who were illegal immigrants that she likes to call citizens.

See post #17.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 11:17:54 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 11:04:12 PM, TBR wrote:
At 11/7/2016 10:52:28 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...

The girl in the video is a legal USA citizen.

This thread is most definitely much ado about nothing, but the way the question was asked of the president it would be reasonable for someone to attempt to make this point.

Regardless, Obamas point was clear to anyone not desperately trying to make a cheap point. If you are voting, you are a citizen.

Yeah it is lol. The question could be confusing, however, Obama even clarified in his answer "when you vote, you are a citizen yourself".
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 11:20:10 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 11:10:16 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/7/2016 10:52:28 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...

The girl in the video is a legal USA citizen.

Yes, but she was asking about people who were illegal immigrants that she likes to call citizens.

See post #17.

I can see how the question could be confusing. However Obama may have realized the poorly worded question as he clarified "if you vote, you are a citizen yourself".
Geogeer
Posts: 4,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 11:26:17 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 11:20:10 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/7/2016 11:10:16 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/7/2016 10:52:28 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...

The girl in the video is a legal USA citizen.

Yes, but she was asking about people who were illegal immigrants that she likes to call citizens.

See post #17.

I can see how the question could be confusing. However Obama may have realized the poorly worded question as he clarified "if you vote, you are a citizen yourself".

Which wasn't answering the question that was asked. The questioner asked an extremely poorly worded question, and Obama's response wasn't answering the question that was asked. It was a double error that severely mislead.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 11:29:52 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 11:26:17 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/7/2016 11:20:10 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/7/2016 11:10:16 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/7/2016 10:52:28 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...

The girl in the video is a legal USA citizen.

Yes, but she was asking about people who were illegal immigrants that she likes to call citizens.

See post #17.

I can see how the question could be confusing. However Obama may have realized the poorly worded question as he clarified "if you vote, you are a citizen yourself".

Which wasn't answering the question that was asked. The questioner asked an extremely poorly worded question, and Obama's response wasn't answering the question that was asked. It was a double error that severely mislead.

She said that Millennials, Dreamers, and Undocumented, were afraid of voting because of confidentiality.

Obama stated that only citizens can vote, and assured that voting is completely confidential.

How did Obama not answer the question?
Geogeer
Posts: 4,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 11:42:26 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 11:29:52 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/7/2016 11:26:17 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/7/2016 11:20:10 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/7/2016 11:10:16 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/7/2016 10:52:28 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...

The girl in the video is a legal USA citizen.

Yes, but she was asking about people who were illegal immigrants that she likes to call citizens.

See post #17.

I can see how the question could be confusing. However Obama may have realized the poorly worded question as he clarified "if you vote, you are a citizen yourself".

Which wasn't answering the question that was asked. The questioner asked an extremely poorly worded question, and Obama's response wasn't answering the question that was asked. It was a double error that severely mislead.

She said that Millennials, Dreamers, and Undocumented, were afraid of voting because of confidentiality.

"Many of the millennials, Dreamers, undocumented citizens -- and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country -- are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?"

Why would immigration care about her? Why would they deport her? She intermingled legitimate voters and illegitimate voters, and then phrased the final portion as if she was one of the illegals that she had just described as "citizens". The question was designed to mislead. So she either screwed up the question or it was intentionally done.

Obama stated that only citizens can vote, and assured that voting is completely confidential.

How did Obama not answer the question?

Obama begins by saying "Not true." What's not true? That US citizens (including her) don't have to worry about immigration or that illegals trying to vote as citizens don't have to worry?

The correct answer would have been that non-citizens cannot vote in the US elections. However, no citizen or their family has to worry about repercussions from voting. That is clear and unambiguous. What he said was true, but easily misinterpreted because it was both a poorly worded question and an answer not directed at the question.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 11:47:13 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 11:42:26 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/7/2016 11:29:52 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/7/2016 11:26:17 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/7/2016 11:20:10 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/7/2016 11:10:16 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/7/2016 10:52:28 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...

The girl in the video is a legal USA citizen.

Yes, but she was asking about people who were illegal immigrants that she likes to call citizens.

See post #17.

I can see how the question could be confusing. However Obama may have realized the poorly worded question as he clarified "if you vote, you are a citizen yourself".

Which wasn't answering the question that was asked. The questioner asked an extremely poorly worded question, and Obama's response wasn't answering the question that was asked. It was a double error that severely mislead.

She said that Millennials, Dreamers, and Undocumented, were afraid of voting because of confidentiality.

"Many of the millennials, Dreamers, undocumented citizens -- and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country -- are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?"

Why would immigration care about her? Why would they deport her? She intermingled legitimate voters and illegitimate voters, and then phrased the final portion as if she was one of the illegals that she had just described as "citizens". The question was designed to mislead. So she either screwed up the question or it was intentionally done.

Obama stated that only citizens can vote, and assured that voting is completely confidential.

How did Obama not answer the question?

Obama begins by saying "Not true." What's not true? That US citizens (including her) don't have to worry about immigration or that illegals trying to vote as citizens don't have to worry?

The correct answer would have been that non-citizens cannot vote in the US elections. However, no citizen or their family has to worry about repercussions from voting. That is clear and unambiguous. What he said was true, but easily misinterpreted because it was both a poorly worded question and an answer not directed at the question.

Obama clearly said that you have to be a citizen to vote.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 11:48:17 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 11:42:26 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/7/2016 11:29:52 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/7/2016 11:26:17 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/7/2016 11:20:10 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/7/2016 11:10:16 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/7/2016 10:52:28 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...

The girl in the video is a legal USA citizen.

Yes, but she was asking about people who were illegal immigrants that she likes to call citizens.

See post #17.

I can see how the question could be confusing. However Obama may have realized the poorly worded question as he clarified "if you vote, you are a citizen yourself".

Which wasn't answering the question that was asked. The questioner asked an extremely poorly worded question, and Obama's response wasn't answering the question that was asked. It was a double error that severely mislead.

She said that Millennials, Dreamers, and Undocumented, were afraid of voting because of confidentiality.

"Many of the millennials, Dreamers, undocumented citizens -- and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country -- are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?"

Why would immigration care about her? Why would they deport her? She intermingled legitimate voters and illegitimate voters, and then phrased the final portion as if she was one of the illegals that she had just described as "citizens". The question was designed to mislead. So she either screwed up the question or it was intentionally done.

Obama stated that only citizens can vote, and assured that voting is completely confidential.

How did Obama not answer the question?

Obama begins by saying "Not true." What's not true? That US citizens (including her) don't have to worry about immigration or that illegals trying to vote as citizens don't have to worry?

The correct answer would have been that non-citizens cannot vote in the US elections. However, no citizen or their family has to worry about repercussions from voting. That is clear and unambiguous. What he said was true, but easily misinterpreted because it was both a poorly worded question and an answer not directed at the question.

The interviewer offered a very poorly worded question. Obama did his best to straighten it out. Where is your issue with this? Get off it, it is so meaningless.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 11:55:17 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 11:47:13 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/7/2016 11:42:26 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/7/2016 11:29:52 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/7/2016 11:26:17 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/7/2016 11:20:10 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/7/2016 11:10:16 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/7/2016 10:52:28 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...

The girl in the video is a legal USA citizen.

Yes, but she was asking about people who were illegal immigrants that she likes to call citizens.

See post #17.

I can see how the question could be confusing. However Obama may have realized the poorly worded question as he clarified "if you vote, you are a citizen yourself".

Which wasn't answering the question that was asked. The questioner asked an extremely poorly worded question, and Obama's response wasn't answering the question that was asked. It was a double error that severely mislead.

She said that Millennials, Dreamers, and Undocumented, were afraid of voting because of confidentiality.

"Many of the millennials, Dreamers, undocumented citizens -- and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country -- are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?"

Why would immigration care about her? Why would they deport her? She intermingled legitimate voters and illegitimate voters, and then phrased the final portion as if she was one of the illegals that she had just described as "citizens". The question was designed to mislead. So she either screwed up the question or it was intentionally done.

Obama stated that only citizens can vote, and assured that voting is completely confidential.

How did Obama not answer the question?

Obama begins by saying "Not true." What's not true? That US citizens (including her) don't have to worry about immigration or that illegals trying to vote as citizens don't have to worry?

The correct answer would have been that non-citizens cannot vote in the US elections. However, no citizen or their family has to worry about repercussions from voting. That is clear and unambiguous. What he said was true, but easily misinterpreted because it was both a poorly worded question and an answer not directed at the question.

Obama clearly said that you have to be a citizen to vote.

Slipped in later as an afterthought in the discussion; after leaving the misinterpretation. This is the difference between the right and the left. The right would come right out and answer the greatest error first and unequivocally. Illegals are not citizens and cannot vote - he wouldn't say that directly. And she just said that she considers illegals to be citizens. Obama didn't say that she was wrong and that illegals weren't citizens. Thus he lets a lie that illegals who contribute are citizens, but says that only citizens can vote.

Does Obama believe that illegals (so called undocumented citizens) are or aren't citizens? By letting her false assertion sit, he left the impression that they are.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2016 12:00:40 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/7/2016 11:55:17 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/7/2016 11:47:13 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/7/2016 11:42:26 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/7/2016 11:29:52 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/7/2016 11:26:17 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/7/2016 11:20:10 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/7/2016 11:10:16 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/7/2016 10:52:28 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/7/2016 7:30:18 PM, Geogeer wrote:
Did Obama just say that voting makes you a Citizen? So if I'm an illegal immigrant I have the right to vote in the US election? What is happening to your nation?

https://www.youtube.com...

The girl in the video is a legal USA citizen.

Yes, but she was asking about people who were illegal immigrants that she likes to call citizens.

See post #17.

I can see how the question could be confusing. However Obama may have realized the poorly worded question as he clarified "if you vote, you are a citizen yourself".

Which wasn't answering the question that was asked. The questioner asked an extremely poorly worded question, and Obama's response wasn't answering the question that was asked. It was a double error that severely mislead.

She said that Millennials, Dreamers, and Undocumented, were afraid of voting because of confidentiality.

"Many of the millennials, Dreamers, undocumented citizens -- and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country -- are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?"

Why would immigration care about her? Why would they deport her? She intermingled legitimate voters and illegitimate voters, and then phrased the final portion as if she was one of the illegals that she had just described as "citizens". The question was designed to mislead. So she either screwed up the question or it was intentionally done.

Obama stated that only citizens can vote, and assured that voting is completely confidential.

How did Obama not answer the question?

Obama begins by saying "Not true." What's not true? That US citizens (including her) don't have to worry about immigration or that illegals trying to vote as citizens don't have to worry?

The correct answer would have been that non-citizens cannot vote in the US elections. However, no citizen or their family has to worry about repercussions from voting. That is clear and unambiguous. What he said was true, but easily misinterpreted because it was both a poorly worded question and an answer not directed at the question.

Obama clearly said that you have to be a citizen to vote.

Slipped in later as an afterthought in the discussion; after leaving the misinterpretation. This is the difference between the right and the left. The right would come right out and answer the greatest error first and unequivocally. Illegals are not citizens and cannot vote - he wouldn't say that directly. And she just said that she considers illegals to be citizens. Obama didn't say that she was wrong and that illegals weren't citizens. Thus he lets a lie that illegals who contribute are citizens, but says that only citizens can vote.

Does Obama believe that illegals (so called undocumented citizens) are or aren't citizens? By letting her false assertion sit, he left the impression that they are.

It was the second thing Obama said. He said "Not True", then clarified that you have to be a citizen to vote, and then went on to answer the question in detail.