Jump to topic:

Look for Fed to increase Interest Rate

vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 5:21:24 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
Look for Fed to increase Interest Rate very soon into Trump's Presidency, as they want to paint it as a failure before it even begins.

Also, the bubble that Trump talked about with the false propped up economy, I imagine this will initially pop as well.

Let's get behind things that we all agree on and hold him and our government accountable. He stated he was pro infrastructure development. I think everyone can get behind that.

He said he wants to remove loopholes that the rich use to skirt the law. Like the ones he used. I think we can all agree on that.

He said he wants congressional term limits to push out corruption. This requires congressional approval, but let's push for this as well.
Chang29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 10:20:54 AM
At 11/9/2016 5:21:24 AM, vortex86 wrote:
Look for Fed to increase Interest Rate very soon into Trump's Presidency, as they want to paint it as a failure before it even begins.

Also, the bubble that Trump talked about with the false propped up economy, I imagine this will initially pop as well.

Let's get behind things that we all agree on and hold him and our government accountable. He stated he was pro infrastructure development. I think everyone can get behind that.

He said he wants to remove loopholes that the rich use to skirt the law. Like the ones he used. I think we can all agree on that.

He said he wants congressional term limits to push out corruption. This requires congressional approval, but let's push for this as well.

You are correct.
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 11:24:12 AM

Trump has stated he will replace Yelled with someone who will ease rates because he felt Yelled was keeping them artifially low.

Little does he know that interest rates that mostly effect consumers and business are set by the free market based upon demand for Treasuries.

It is not unreasonable based upon Trump's past language of defaults that the world may reevaluate credit worthiness of the US.

Rates are going up and Trump will have created his first headwind to 5 percent growth.

It is going to be interesting to watch.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 11:34:43 AM
At 11/9/2016 11:24:12 AM, slo1 wrote:

Trump has stated he will replace Yelled with someone who will raise rates because he felt Yelled was keeping them artificially low.

Little does he know that interest rates that mostly effect consumers and business are set by the free market based upon demand for Treasuries.

It is not unreasonable based upon Trump's past language of defaults that the world may reevaluate credit worthiness of the US.

Rates are going up and Trump will have created his first headwind to 5 percent growth.

It is going to be interesting to watch.
U.n
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 11:47:31 AM

I expect him to make Mexico pay for the wall.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 12:39:19 PM
At 11/9/2016 11:47:31 AM, U.n wrote:

Good luck with that. Mexico's GDP is 1,1 trillion. 25 to 50 billion is no small chunk of change. Taxing money transactions going to Mexico is not making Mexico pay for it, it is Americans getting taxed that will pay for it.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 2:54:05 PM

Yes, but he wants to privatize that. Tolls booths as far as the eye can see.

Oh, the personal income pass-through on business that Trump likes and worked so well in Kansas? With a Rep house and senate, no tax loop holes will be closed, just opened wider.

That would be a dream come true, yet a dream never the less.

Have to give you kudos for optimism, we'll be needing a really, really great amount of it in the coming years.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 3:07:28 PM
At 11/9/2016 12:39:19 PM, slo1 wrote:

Good luck with that. Mexico's GDP is 1,1 trillion. 25 to 50 billion is no small chunk of change. Taxing money transactions going to Mexico is not making Mexico pay for it, it is Americans getting taxed that will pay for it.

He's extrapolated on how he's going to get Mexico to pay. Taxing money transactions as well as proving those making those transactions are legal immigrants, barring those who are not from making remittances. Furthermore, this is just a tact to blackmail the Mexican government to pay a one-time border security fee between $5-10M. Remittances to Mexico is estimated to be over $20B annually and contributes to 3% of Mexico's GDP. Still this does not tally up to the $25B cost of the wall. Cost for this will exponentially rise as eminent domain is used to take large swaths of land needed to build the wall; endless law suits will no doubt result.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 3:22:45 PM
At 11/9/2016 3:07:28 PM, Peepette wrote:

He's extrapolated on how he's going to get Mexico to pay. Taxing money transactions as well as proving those making those transactions are legal immigrants, barring those who are not from making remittances. Furthermore, this is just a tact to blackmail the Mexican government to pay a one-time border security fee between $5-10M. Remittances to Mexico is estimated to be over $20B annually and contributes to 3% of Mexico's GDP. Still this does not tally up to the $25B cost of the wall. Cost for this will exponentially rise as eminent domain is used to take large swaths of land needed to build the wall; endless law suits will no doubt result.

Agreed the tally is going to be much much more. May even have a bundy style revolt from ranchers that will lose land.

I have to say though taxes on money transfers is not "Mexico paying for it".
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 3:53:06 PM
At 11/9/2016 3:22:45 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 11/9/2016 3:07:28 PM, Peepette wrote:

Agreed the tally is going to be much much more. May even have a bundy style revolt from ranchers that will lose land.

Yep, as much as Texans say they want the wall, they will not be willing to pay the price in land or grazing rights. Some would prefer to shoot the border crossers on site, far more expedient and cheaper.

I have to say though taxes on money transfers is not "Mexico paying for it".