Jump to topic:

I've never hoped to be wrong this much

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 7:23:14 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
I honest to God hope half of the drivel Trump said was rhetoric that was meant to pander to his base. Please be more competent than what you have looked like in the past and pleased don't blow up our country.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 7:23:44 PM
At 11/9/2016 7:23:14 PM, Mikal wrote:
I honest to God hope half of the drivel Trump said was rhetoric that was meant to pander to his base. Please be more competent than what you have looked like in the past and pleased don't blow up our country.

Please*
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 7:29:55 PM

http://news.nationalpost.com...
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 8:13:12 PM
At 11/9/2016 7:29:55 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Amen, my friend.

I have never thought that the experience of a successful entrepeneur could help to win the presidency. Very well played, Trump is without any doubt an old fox.

BR
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 8:18:39 PM

"These parrots of gloom should be celebrating the fact that one of the only moderates among the Republican candidates won"

How in the hell is Trump classified as one of the 'ONLY' moderates among GOP candidates, when the very same article can only compare him to the ultra-conservative Ted Cruz to make such a claim? Rubio was far more moderate than Trump was, as was Kasich, Jeb, Christie, and everyone else who immediately disagreed with Trump's claim to ban muslim immigration when he pitched the idea.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 8:51:09 PM
At 11/9/2016 8:18:39 PM, imabench wrote:

"These parrots of gloom should be celebrating the fact that one of the only moderates among the Republican candidates won"

How in the hell is Trump classified as one of the 'ONLY' moderates among GOP candidates, when the very same article can only compare him to the ultra-conservative Ted Cruz to make such a claim? Rubio was far more moderate than Trump was, as was Kasich, Jeb, Christie, and everyone else who immediately disagreed with Trump's claim to ban muslim immigration when he pitched the idea.

Obviously you don't understand rhetoric. Trump is not a radical ideologue. He wants to combat radical Islam in the US. Protection of the US is the ultimate role of the POTUS. If one group is so dangerous that the only way to stop damage to the nation is to stop them from coming in, then that is the best solution. Now, even he knows that this is not feasible because he walked the statement back some. However, the degree of prescreening required to enter the nation may be significantly raised.

I would ask an interesting question. How come under Obama almost no Syrian Christians have been among the refugees admitted into the nation? Aren't they the most persecuted group in this conflict? Is there institutional bias against them?

This kicked PC to the curb and opened up the table for real discussion. How do you combat this in your nation, how do you protect the integrity of your borders and give your citizens safety and freedom? As he said he was running to be President of the US not the world and thus decisions must be made based on what is best for the US first.

Good fences make good neighbours.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 9:03:00 PM
At 11/9/2016 8:51:09 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Obviously you don't understand rhetoric. Trump is not a radical ideologue. He wants to combat radical Islam in the US. Protection of the US is the ultimate role of the POTUS. If one group is so dangerous that the only way to stop damage to the nation is to stop them from coming in, then that is the best solution. Now, even he knows that this is not feasible because he walked the statement back some. However, the degree of prescreening required to enter the nation may be significantly raised.

I would ask an interesting question. How come under Obama almost no Syrian Christians have been among the refugees admitted into the nation? Aren't they the most persecuted group in this conflict? Is there institutional bias against them?

This kicked PC to the curb and opened up the table for real discussion. How do you combat this in your nation, how do you protect the integrity of your borders and give your citizens safety and freedom? As he said he was running to be President of the US not the world and thus decisions must be made based on what is best for the US first.

WOW do you misunderstand that quote.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 9:07:34 PM
At 11/9/2016 9:03:00 PM, TBR wrote:

Not at all. Each keeping integrity of their own territory makes good neighbours.

"Prov. It is easier to be friendly with your neighbor if neither of you trespasses upon the other's property or privacy."

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 9:20:13 PM
At 11/9/2016 9:07:34 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Not at all. Each keeping integrity of their own territory makes good neighbours.

"Prov. It is easier to be friendly with your neighbor if neither of you trespasses upon the other's property or privacy."

It was fuc*ing irony. Frost was saying the exact f**king opposite. He was saying "walls" are what unnecessarily divide people.

Good f**king lord they are right about Trump supporters. This is the dimmest thing I have had the misfortune to read on a day full of misfortune.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 9:58:18 PM
At 11/9/2016 9:20:13 PM, TBR wrote:
At 11/9/2016 9:07:34 PM, Geogeer wrote:

It was fuc*ing irony. Frost was saying the exact f**king opposite. He was saying "walls" are what unnecessarily divide people.

Good f**king lord they are right about Trump supporters. This is the dimmest thing I have had the misfortune to read on a day full of misfortune.

The sentiment described by the statement (likely, but not necessarily coined in this manner by Frost) predates Frost himself. This was noted by my use of Proverbs (you know that Bible thingy that predates frost by several thousand years). There are variations of this in pretty much every language, Frost's being the best known English version.

This sentiment was also prevalent in the early US. Benjamin franklin stated:

"Love thy neighbor, yet don"t pull down your hedge."

So while Frost may question whether 'tis so, people believe it to be true (hence why people still build fences between properties). Another way of interpreting it could be that the questioner (a dreamer/poet) wanted to be lazy and not put the effort into repairing the wall unlike his more matter of fact neighbour.

Human psychology would imply that relationships actually flourish better when boundaries are respected. A lack of proper boundaries causes conflict.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 11:11:38 PM

I think it's particularly interesting how wrong critics have been every step of the way. They said he'd never win the GOP nomination, he did. They said he'd never win the election, he did. They say he won't make a good president... will he? It's interesting to consider. Hopefully he continues to disprove critics.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW