Jump to topic:

The democrat establishment let Trump win

triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 8:20:29 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Let's face the facts here, Hillary was never a well-liked candidate compared to others. To many, she was the symbol of the establishment and the so called "bureaucratic corrupt politician backed by special interests."

The Democrats took a march to go further and further left, but they didn't sustain this correctly. Bernie Sanders was exactly what the left wing needed to advance their agenda and keep the left-wing in power. Bernie Sanders had radical ideas but he also spoke out against the establishment, and exposed quite a bit of corruption and lobbyism going on in DC.

With this rise of populism, the Democrats (both voters and the party leaders) really had no choice here. They could have accepted the end of the previous "establishment" and push forward Bernie Sanders, or they could have supported another typical Democrat that will keep the establishment running strong. The latter option was chosen, and nothing went well. A small portion of Bernie Sanders supporters didn't support either of them, or they voted for Trump. As small of a portion this was, it was big enough to grant Trump the presidency.

TL;DR The Democrats let Trump win by choosing Sanders over Clinton.

I am suspecting the US to be dominated by the Republicans for some time again. I wouldn't be surprised if they win by a larger portion next election.
Robkwoods
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 8:41:42 PM
At 11/9/2016 8:20:29 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
Let's face the facts here, Hillary was never a well-liked candidate compared to others. To many, she was the symbol of the establishment and the so called "bureaucratic corrupt politician backed by special interests."

The Democrats took a march to go further and further left, but they didn't sustain this correctly. Bernie Sanders was exactly what the left wing needed to advance their agenda and keep the left-wing in power. Bernie Sanders had radical ideas but he also spoke out against the establishment, and exposed quite a bit of corruption and lobbyism going on in DC.

With this rise of populism, the Democrats (both voters and the party leaders) really had no choice here. They could have accepted the end of the previous "establishment" and push forward Bernie Sanders, or they could have supported another typical Democrat that will keep the establishment running strong. The latter option was chosen, and nothing went well. A small portion of Bernie Sanders supporters didn't support either of them, or they voted for Trump. As small of a portion this was, it was big enough to grant Trump the presidency.

I am suspecting the US to be dominated by the Republicans for some time again. I wouldn't be surprised if they win by a larger portion next election.

So having Trump or Clinton was better than Sanders? I am having a hard time following you thought...
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 8:43:22 PM
At 11/9/2016 8:41:42 PM, Robkwoods wrote:

So having Trump or Clinton was better than Sanders? I am having a hard time following you thought...

I supported Trump all along and I dislike both Sanders and Clinton personally. But that shouldn't have been reflected in my post. What I meant to say was that the Democrats could have beaten Trump with Sanders, but they chose Hillary and lost.
Robkwoods
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 8:55:42 PM
At 11/9/2016 8:43:22 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

I supported Trump all along and I dislike both Sanders and Clinton personally. But that shouldn't have been reflected in my post. What I meant to say was that the Democrats could have beaten Trump with Sanders, but they chose Hillary and lost.

Ahhhhhh, got it. Yeah, definitely would have been an interesting race. I would have loved to see Paul v Sanders. 2020?
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 9:00:49 PM
At 11/9/2016 8:43:22 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

He might be another Bush. Be careful for what you wish for. I don't like supporting losers.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 9:05:14 PM
Lol Sanders would have lost. Can't run a campaign attacking someone for saying dumb things when you nominate someone who loved the Castros and Sandinistas.