Post-election riots

triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 12:01:42 AM
Posted: 4 weeks ago
http://www.mirror.co.uk...

I really was not surprised at this, but it's unfortunate... The nation is more divided than ever, and this election is so "different" that its almost something among the lines of a "diet revolution"

How long do you suspect these riots will last?
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 12:15:36 AM
At 11/10/2016 12:01:42 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

I really was not surprised at this, but it's unfortunate... The nation is more divided than ever, and this election is so "different" that its almost something among the lines of a "diet revolution"

Hopefully not long... but I can see it continuing for a longwhile.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 12:19:50 AM

It was totally expected and would have happened no matter who won. If Hillary won white radical nationalist would have did it, and now that Trump won extreme leftist will continue to do so.

The divide is huge and this was anticipated for months given the racial and social tension with this election
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 4:14:41 AM
At 11/10/2016 12:19:50 AM, Mikal wrote:

It was totally expected and would have happened no matter who won. If Hillary won white radical nationalist would have did it, and now that Trump won extreme leftist will continue to do so.

The divide is huge and this was anticipated for months given the racial and social tension with this election

Yeah there were going to be protests no matter what. The question of how long they will go on will depend entirely on whether or not Trump keeps having rallies where he touts his victory, or if he lies low and stays quiet til January 20th.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 4:18:48 AM
I expect tremendous violence if Trump doesn't make giant leaps to reach across the isle. Tremendous violence that will be reminiscent of Vietnam protests, and the 1960s.
Tsar of DDO
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 4:25:17 AM

http://i.imgur.com...
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 4:29:41 AM
At 11/10/2016 4:18:48 AM, YYW wrote:
I expect tremendous violence if Trump doesn't make giant leaps to reach across the isle. Tremendous violence that will be reminiscent of Vietnam protests, and the 1960s.

Very good use of "tremendous". Double points if you can squeeze "bigly" in future posts.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 4:32:18 AM
At 11/10/2016 4:29:41 AM, slo1 wrote:

Very good use of "tremendous". Double points if you can squeeze "bigly" in future posts.

They are going to throw the rocks at the towers big league. Tremendous rocks. Tremendous windows will be shattered.
Tsar of DDO
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 4:34:09 AM

Morons. I honestly have no respect with anyone who resorts to violence/destruction of property over losing an election, and I hope that they get teargassed. The people who have to clean up after their temper tantrum most likely didn't vote for Trump. They're just making the lives of innocent, working people hard because they have all of the self-control of a grumpy toddler. There's no higher cause, no drive to accomplish anything meaningful. They just crying on the floor because their limbic brain is going haywire over not getting their way.

There's nothing wrong with peaceful protest. Even violent protest is acceptable for a noble cause. But lashing out in blind rage is pathetic.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 5:50:29 AM
These protests will end when the protesters realize that the DNC and Clinton never had any allegience to them to begin with. Protesting sour grapes is fruitless.
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 5:54:29 AM
At 11/10/2016 5:50:29 AM, ironslippers wrote:
These protests will end when the protesters realize that the DNC and Clinton never had any allegience to them to begin with. Protesting sour grapes is fruitless.

That is kind of the irony. Clinton was a terribly flawed candidate.
Tsar of DDO
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 5:57:55 AM

"I'm a negotiator, I get along with everybody, I will work with everybody!"
-- Trump
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 5:59:18 AM
At 11/10/2016 5:57:55 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

"I'm a negotiator, I get along with everybody, I will work with everybody!"
-- Trump

Yes. I know. Trump just gaslit 1/2 of white America too.
Tsar of DDO
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 6:16:54 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/10/2016 5:54:29 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/10/2016 5:50:29 AM, ironslippers wrote:
These protests will end when the protesters realize that the DNC and Clinton never had any allegiance to them to begin with. Protesting sour grapes is fruitless.

That is kind of the irony. Clinton was a terribly flawed candidate.

If it wasn't allegiance then it must have been fear that keep them so highly invested in their party/candidate. What are they afraid of ? who/what instilled this fear? how did the fear morph into hatred? (the questions were meant to be rhetorical) if the answer is Trump then concede the fact that this election was about no one else and this how the winner gets decided.
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
Death23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 7:19:12 AM

I think the problem's being exaggerated. People will get over it.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 2:03:15 PM

well lets see, which side caused disruption and violence during the opposing persons rallies? So this falls right in line that this should happen, and since there was possible 1 instance at a democrat rally I doubt there would have been much if anything had Hillary won, but I understand this is a common way to justify and down play what is really happening, since the other side would have done it too, almost makes it sound ok doesn't it, nice try. Yeah these tolerant and peaceful liberals, pick your toilet and shower of choice, we'll be peaceful as long as we get what we want, which side is more akin to the fascist?
Emgaol
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 3:25:58 PM

It seems that many have forgotten what it means to live in a democracy.
They seem to think that they are entitled to riot, burn the flag, smash windows and destroy other people's property simply because their favored politician didn't win.
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 4:17:01 PM
At 11/10/2016 7:19:12 AM, Death23 wrote:

I think the problem's being exaggerated. People will get over it.

I agree, I think the media is making it worse than it actually is... Again! This will die out quickly once the idiots realize there is nothing they can do. Again... I still stand by what I said, I don't think this would not have happened if Hillary were elected. I can't say that for sure, but do you think people would be walking around burning the flag saying Hail Trump, or carrying signs with swastikas! No, one of the reasons the polls were off is because no one wanted to admit they were voting for Trump, just like no one would go out in public and revolt about an election admitting that they actually did vote for Trump, but lost, therefore suggesting to everyone that they are racist. There may be some deplorables out there, but nowhere near enough to take to the streets and do crap like this. This is one of the reasons Trump won, and these idiots don't realize it, and are just reinforcing his rise to power.