Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Trump Might Be the Safest President,Heres Why

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 5:52:25 AM
Posted: 4 weeks ago
I think the evidence points to him being far more fair than his brash showmanship act. Here's a good analysis from an expert in the art of persuasion, Dilbert creator Scott Adams.

"Trump might be the safest president we have ever had. He can lead the dark parts of his base toward the light (as Nixon went to China) and he has no incentive for war.
...
Reason 8. Pacing and Leading: When normal politicians change their minds we label it flip-flopping or " more kindly " 'evolving' in their thinking. When a Master Persuader does it, you are seeing pacing and leading, which is a major tool of persuasion. Pacing involves matching people " in this case emotionally " and later using that bond to lead them. We see Trump doing this often.

a. Trump paced his base by saying he would deport 11 million undocumented immigrants. Once he had his base on his side emotionally, he led to them to his current policy of deporting only the people who committed crimes while here. Have you heard any Trump supporters complain about it lately?

b. Trump paced his base by saying he would ban all Muslim immigration to stop terrorist infiltration. Once he had them on his side emotionally, he led them first to a ban on specific problem countries, and then again to 'extreme vetting,' which is a lot like Clinton"s plan. Trump supporters followed, and you don"t hear them complaining.

c. Early in the primaries Trump paced the racists in the Republican party by not disavowing them as clearly and as loudly as even the racists thought he would. Since then he has led Republicans to think that some form of a 'New Deal' for African-Americans might be worth a look.

d. At the Republican National Convention, Trump used his emotional connection to his supporters to declare he was the strongest voice to protect the LGBTQ community. Republicans stood and cheered."

http://blog.dilbert.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
YYW
Posts: 36,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 5:58:20 AM
Posted: 4 weeks ago
You're right but for the wrong reason. I'm going to talk about Ukraine soon. Much to say on that subject in light of recent events.
Tsar of DDO
Bennett91
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 8:08:59 AM
Posted: 4 weeks ago
At 11/10/2016 5:52:25 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I think the evidence points to him being far more fair than his brash showmanship act. Here's a good analysis from an expert in the art of persuasion, Dilbert creator Scott Adams.

"Trump might be the safest president we have ever had. He can lead the dark parts of his base toward the light (as Nixon went to China) and he has no incentive for war.
...
Reason 8. Pacing and Leading: When normal politicians change their minds we label it flip-flopping or " more kindly " 'evolving' in their thinking. When a Master Persuader does it, you are seeing pacing and leading, which is a major tool of persuasion. Pacing involves matching people " in this case emotionally " and later using that bond to lead them. We see Trump doing this often.

a. Trump paced his base by saying he would deport 11 million undocumented immigrants. Once he had his base on his side emotionally, he led to them to his current policy of deporting only the people who committed crimes while here. Have you heard any Trump supporters complain about it lately?

b. Trump paced his base by saying he would ban all Muslim immigration to stop terrorist infiltration. Once he had them on his side emotionally, he led them first to a ban on specific problem countries, and then again to 'extreme vetting,' which is a lot like Clinton"s plan. Trump supporters followed, and you don"t hear them complaining.

c. Early in the primaries Trump paced the racists in the Republican party by not disavowing them as clearly and as loudly as even the racists thought he would. Since then he has led Republicans to think that some form of a 'New Deal' for African-Americans might be worth a look.

d. At the Republican National Convention, Trump used his emotional connection to his supporters to declare he was the strongest voice to protect the LGBTQ community. Republicans stood and cheered."

http://blog.dilbert.com...

TL;DR Trump supporters are dumb enough to fall for 'Over promise, under deliver'.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 9:09:31 AM
Posted: 4 weeks ago
Scott Adams is a Trump supporter. He wrote the analysis. And no, that's not the conclusion of his argument.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
kevin24018
Posts: 1,893
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 2:07:44 PM
Posted: 4 weeks ago
At 11/10/2016 8:08:59 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 11/10/2016 5:52:25 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I think the evidence points to him being far more fair than his brash showmanship act. Here's a good analysis from an expert in the art of persuasion, Dilbert creator Scott Adams.

"Trump might be the safest president we have ever had. He can lead the dark parts of his base toward the light (as Nixon went to China) and he has no incentive for war.
...
Reason 8. Pacing and Leading: When normal politicians change their minds we label it flip-flopping or " more kindly " 'evolving' in their thinking. When a Master Persuader does it, you are seeing pacing and leading, which is a major tool of persuasion. Pacing involves matching people " in this case emotionally " and later using that bond to lead them. We see Trump doing this often.

a. Trump paced his base by saying he would deport 11 million undocumented immigrants. Once he had his base on his side emotionally, he led to them to his current policy of deporting only the people who committed crimes while here. Have you heard any Trump supporters complain about it lately?

b. Trump paced his base by saying he would ban all Muslim immigration to stop terrorist infiltration. Once he had them on his side emotionally, he led them first to a ban on specific problem countries, and then again to 'extreme vetting,' which is a lot like Clinton"s plan. Trump supporters followed, and you don"t hear them complaining.

c. Early in the primaries Trump paced the racists in the Republican party by not disavowing them as clearly and as loudly as even the racists thought he would. Since then he has led Republicans to think that some form of a 'New Deal' for African-Americans might be worth a look.

d. At the Republican National Convention, Trump used his emotional connection to his supporters to declare he was the strongest voice to protect the LGBTQ community. Republicans stood and cheered."

http://blog.dilbert.com...

TL;DR Trump supporters are dumb enough to fall for 'Over promise, under deliver'.

oh I don't know, lots of people believed if you liked your plan you could keep it, so stupidity is not unique to one side or the other.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 11:36:35 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/10/2016 5:52:25 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I think the evidence points to him being far more fair than his brash showmanship act. Here's a good analysis from an expert in the art of persuasion, Dilbert creator Scott Adams.

"Trump might be the safest president we have ever had. He can lead the dark parts of his base toward the light (as Nixon went to China) and he has no incentive for war.
...
Reason 8. Pacing and Leading: When normal politicians change their minds we label it flip-flopping or " more kindly " 'evolving' in their thinking. When a Master Persuader does it, you are seeing pacing and leading, which is a major tool of persuasion. Pacing involves matching people " in this case emotionally " and later using that bond to lead them. We see Trump doing this often.

a. Trump paced his base by saying he would deport 11 million undocumented immigrants. Once he had his base on his side emotionally, he led to them to his current policy of deporting only the people who committed crimes while here. Have you heard any Trump supporters complain about it lately?

b. Trump paced his base by saying he would ban all Muslim immigration to stop terrorist infiltration. Once he had them on his side emotionally, he led them first to a ban on specific problem countries, and then again to 'extreme vetting,' which is a lot like Clinton"s plan. Trump supporters followed, and you don"t hear them complaining.

c. Early in the primaries Trump paced the racists in the Republican party by not disavowing them as clearly and as loudly as even the racists thought he would. Since then he has led Republicans to think that some form of a 'New Deal' for African-Americans might be worth a look.

d. At the Republican National Convention, Trump used his emotional connection to his supporters to declare he was the strongest voice to protect the LGBTQ community. Republicans stood and cheered."

http://blog.dilbert.com...

"Pacing and Leading" is a politically correct way of saying "Blatantly Lying and Pandering".
Devilry
Posts: 465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 12:43:46 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
I'm actually fairly sure Trump's politics is all just totally half-baked, and what the Dilbert dude is seeing as persuasion is actually just Trump actually thinking about things a little bit. Honestly, I think Trump's whole campaign is a revenge against a fictional Mexico in Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged because they nationalised the Taggarts' San Sebastian line. I think his claims that he'd deport 11 million immigrants were equal to his claims he'd build a new Great Wall of China between the US and Mexico - just to insist he could do such things, not some tempering of the masses when he later toned it down. I think the man is mostly a clown, to be honest. He put a little life back into New York City back in the 70's or something, dressed it up nice for the rich - made it great. And it went to his head.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Devilry
Posts: 465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 12:47:24 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
Trump is probably not much more than a natural disaster, a hurricane like you American's love to name, with about the self-awareness of one.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 4:04:52 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/14/2016 12:43:46 AM, Devilry wrote:
I'm actually fairly sure Trump's politics is all just totally half-baked, and what the Dilbert dude is seeing as persuasion is actually just Trump actually thinking about things a little bit. Honestly, I think Trump's whole campaign is a revenge against a fictional Mexico in Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged because they nationalised the Taggarts' San Sebastian line. I think his claims that he'd deport 11 million immigrants were equal to his claims he'd build a new Great Wall of China between the US and Mexico - just to insist he could do such things, not some tempering of the masses when he later toned it down. I think the man is mostly a clown, to be honest. He put a little life back into New York City back in the 70's or something, dressed it up nice for the rich - made it great. And it went to his head.

Have read any excerpts from the Art of the Deal? Everything Scott Adams is saying makes sense. Trump is a negotiator, he begins the negotiation by proposing the most extreme bid and then gets the other side to meet in the middle. Trump wrote that he plays to people's fantasies & make them think big. Exactly.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 4:21:46 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/10/2016 5:52:25 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I think the evidence points to him being far more fair than his brash showmanship act. Here's a good analysis from an expert in the art of persuasion, Dilbert creator Scott Adams.

"Trump might be the safest president we have ever had. He can lead the dark parts of his base toward the light (as Nixon went to China) and he has no incentive for war.
...
Reason 8. Pacing and Leading: When normal politicians change their minds we label it flip-flopping or " more kindly " 'evolving' in their thinking. When a Master Persuader does it, you are seeing pacing and leading, which is a major tool of persuasion. Pacing involves matching people " in this case emotionally " and later using that bond to lead them. We see Trump doing this often.

a. Trump paced his base by saying he would deport 11 million undocumented immigrants. Once he had his base on his side emotionally, he led to them to his current policy of deporting only the people who committed crimes while here. Have you heard any Trump supporters complain about it lately?

b. Trump paced his base by saying he would ban all Muslim immigration to stop terrorist infiltration. Once he had them on his side emotionally, he led them first to a ban on specific problem countries, and then again to 'extreme vetting,' which is a lot like Clinton"s plan. Trump supporters followed, and you don"t hear them complaining.

c. Early in the primaries Trump paced the racists in the Republican party by not disavowing them as clearly and as loudly as even the racists thought he would. Since then he has led Republicans to think that some form of a 'New Deal' for African-Americans might be worth a look.

d. At the Republican National Convention, Trump used his emotional connection to his supporters to declare he was the strongest voice to protect the LGBTQ community. Republicans stood and cheered."

http://blog.dilbert.com...

He fits your White Nationalist point of view. So why complain.
Devilry
Posts: 465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 10:34:59 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/14/2016 4:04:52 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/14/2016 12:43:46 AM, Devilry wrote:
I'm actually fairly sure Trump's politics is all just totally half-baked, and what the Dilbert dude is seeing as persuasion is actually just Trump actually thinking about things a little bit. Honestly, I think Trump's whole campaign is a revenge against a fictional Mexico in Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged because they nationalised the Taggarts' San Sebastian line. I think his claims that he'd deport 11 million immigrants were equal to his claims he'd build a new Great Wall of China between the US and Mexico - just to insist he could do such things, not some tempering of the masses when he later toned it down. I think the man is mostly a clown, to be honest. He put a little life back into New York City back in the 70's or something, dressed it up nice for the rich - made it great. And it went to his head.

Have read any excerpts from the Art of the Deal? Everything Scott Adams is saying makes sense. Trump is a negotiator, he begins the negotiation by proposing the most extreme bid and then gets the other side to meet in the middle. Trump wrote that he plays to people's fantasies & make them think big. Exactly.

Yeah, no. "Make America Great Again" is a rehashing of "Yes We Can". All the grand claims afterwards are more "Yes We Can". It's mostly all a stab at Obama, and obviously, and anything to delude yourself of afterwards is given you by pure convenience. He's done nothing impressive; his being elected wasn't some testament to his ability. But I'm sure since there's something resembling it in a book that was ghostwritten for him, it's a true piece of genius. Nah, lol.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
heriberto
Posts: 4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 2:52:19 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
Hi there dear GeoLaureate8. Your beliefs in Trump seem intriguing to me since I spoke with a fellow classmate about this topics a while back. I have a few questions yet I would like to understand, what evidence do you refer to when you say: "I think the evidence points to him being far more fair than his brash showmanship act." I am not disagreeing with you in the idea that he's a persuasion artist but he lacks empathy towards employees, for example shows a lot about him. Also you said "At the Republican National Convention, Trump used his emotional connection to his supporters to declare he was the strongest voice to protect the LGBTQ community. Republicans stood and cheered." but then again he is not president so we must wait and see what happens in the next sixth months. With great respect, Heriberto.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Posts: 1,106
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 5:55:10 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/10/2016 5:52:25 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

a. Trump paced his base by saying he would deport 11 million undocumented immigrants. Once he had his base on his side emotionally, he led to them to his current policy of deporting only the people who committed crimes while here. Have you heard any Trump supporters complain about it lately?


This misleading statement coupled with the concealment of facts will soon be grounds for Google and Facebook to ban the presenter from advertising through their systems.

It was a great marketing tactic, yes. However, as he learned about the system, and the roadblocks he would hit; he altered his position to more accurately reflect the reality of the situation. Most importantly to note with his position evolution here, is that yes, he did find his way to saying we would be focusing on deporting illegal aliens who commit crimes here and those with criminal records meeting set criteria which would in legal immigration, disqualify them from acceptance. However, in order to still address the other illegal immigrants, Trump has stated his desire to enforce a mandatory E-Verify system at the federal level.

He still keeps all bases covered.

b. Trump paced his base by saying he would ban all Muslim immigration to stop terrorist infiltration. Once he had them on his side emotionally, he led them first to a ban on specific problem countries, and then again to 'extreme vetting,' which is a lot like Clinton"s plan. Trump supporters followed, and you don"t hear them complaining.


Again, this is very shortsighted. Trump's original position was based on his knowledge and experience with Jimmy Carter and the Iranian Hostage Crisis. Whether this was a marketing tactic as you say (and makes sense), or it was a horrible misstatement and he didn't want to admit his error; he relatively quickly evolved his position to banning immigration from problem countries.

As he studied the E.U.'s open border policies, the lack of tracking abilities, and then watched the mass migrations from the middle east and North Africa; he realized that banning travel from problem nations was completely useless. This because terrorists could simply immigrate into western nations in Europe, then find easier travel to the U.S. or Canada through nations with agreements for lightened scrutiny of travelers.

Seeing how FUBAR the situation is, Trump went back to the drawing board and presented a new plan of action, which is to massively increase immigrant and visitor screening regulations and processes.

Clinton wants extreme vetting? Come on man....we all know that's just a flat out lie. Thanks to Wikileaks, it is now public information that Hillary wants open borders. Don't even think about trying to rebut with something moronic like how she doesn't want immigration open borders, she wants energy open borders....that's just ridiculous and makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever.

c. Early in the primaries Trump paced the racists in the Republican party by not disavowing them as clearly and as loudly as even the racists thought he would. Since then he has led Republicans to think that some form of a 'New Deal' for African-Americans might be worth a look.


Funny thing here...it's clear you NEVER read a line of the "New Deal". How do I know this? Well, because of the fact that every single item on the 10-item list is designed and written to have equal effect across the board, no matter your race.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com...

Bonus funny...Trump has been involved in helping the minority and poor community for decades. Let's just ignore the fact that his nuclear family was building low-income housing, I believe in queens. How about we just let one of the most well known, trusted and respected voices of the black community say it himself. Jesse Jackson...take it away:

https://www.youtube.com...

d. At the Republican National Convention, Trump used his emotional connection to his supporters to declare he was the strongest voice to protect the LGBTQ community. Republicans stood and cheered."


....and your point is?