Jump to topic:

Post Election thoughts by a Trump Supporter

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 8:05:28 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
I am not surprised that these results caught alot of people by surprise. Quite obviously this degree of surprise can be mostly attributed to every single poll since the start of the General Election process, which clearly had Hillary as the projected leader. I also believe that this is why her defeat is so hard to swallow (amongst other major reasons such as her winning the popular vote but losing the electoral college vote).

Here are some things that we should really flesh out in order to understand *how* she lost:

1) The surety of the polls and their fundamental flaws. This calls our entire polling process into question. It's not so much an issue of biased polling methodology, but rather an issue of fundamental flaws in the gathering of information that polling serves to accomplish. After speaking about this with Airmax, Skep, and several others last night, it's clear that there are scientific reasons that the polls got it wrong.

For starters, we have the fact that many Trump supporters 'kept silent' about their choice all the way up to election day - probably out of fear of being publicly ostracized by members of their community. Another factor is one that Skepsikyma astutely pointed out - responses to telephone polls have dropped significantly in the last few decades; we cannot tap into the general population using the same methods we have in the past. Another related factor to the last would be the growing method of polling online, which is also flawed in its own ways such as polls on certain sites that attract only specific demographics. Examples of this could be data gathered on polls from Huffington Post, which obviously has a liberal following yet wide exposure, or any polls taken on any major media outlet websites such as Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc. There are many more speculative reasons as to why the polls were so wrong than just these obvious ones though. Two fantastic articles that expand on these issues, and more, can be found here:

http://www.theatlantic.com...

http://www.politico.com...

2) Popular prime time talk/entertainment shows were all wrong, and only served to give him more air-time. When I say "prime time talk/entertainment shows" I'm talking about Ellen, Jimmy Kimmel, Stephen Colbert, SNL, all of the popular talk/entertainment shows that consistently and endlessly aligned themselves with the liberal agenda throughout the election these last two years. Each and every one of them did their best to make Trump look stupid, and yet - being the demagogue he is - nothing ever really stuck. The media consistently focused on Trump, in attempts to hurt him, but rather - such spotlight served to help him. The talk shows, the comedians, all attempting to tarnish his image, ultimately accomplished nothing aside from giving him more air-time.

Side-point: Hillary should have been far more proactive in show appearances.

A great article that talks about Trump's ability to "roll with the punches" might help clear some things up:

http://www.dailydot.com...

3) The BLM movement and the anti-Trump protesters, helped, rather than hurt, Donald Trump. You'd think that all of these anti-trump protests perpetrated by BLM and others would have served to tarnish Trump's image and movement. I mean, if Trump's words are the cause of so much anger and hatred, why would anyone vote for him right? The problem here is that most Americans aren't that stupid. We all know that it's not Trump going and blocking traffic, breaking store windows or setting cars and people on fire - it's the BLM supporters, the never-trump thugs, the aggressive liberals - and we all know it. Trump supporters weren't going to Hillary's rallies and instigating violence with menacing words and actions, but we saw plenty of Hillary supporters doing so at Trump's rallies, and a good portion of Americans were, and are, smart enough to understand that. Despite all the efforts of the establishment-controlled media outlets, or establishment funded talk/entertainment shows, people understood that it wasn't Trump or his supporters that were causing all of this damage to public property or violence at rallies.

Some good articles that expand on this can be found here:

http://time.com...

http://www.politico.com...

4) Globalism, Free Trade, and the loss of manufacturing *really does* hurt middle and lower class Americans. NAFTA affected U.S. workers in four principal ways. First, it caused the loss of some 700,000 jobs as production moved to Mexico. The vast majority of workers who lost jobs from NAFTA suffered a permanent loss of income. Second, NAFTA strengthened the ability of U.S. employers to force workers to accept lower wages and benefits. As soon as NAFTA became law, corporate managers began telling their workers that their companies intended to move to Mexico unless the workers lowered the cost of their labor. The same threats were used to fight union organizing efforts. Third, the destructive effect of NAFTA on the Mexican agricultural and small business sectors dislocated several million Mexican workers and their families, and was a major cause in the dramatic increase in undocumented workers flowing into the U.S. labor market. Fourth, and ultimately most important, NAFTA was the template for rules of the emerging global economy, in which the benefits would flow to capital and the costs to labor. The U.S. governing class, in alliance with the financial elites of its trading partners, applied NAFTA's principles to the World Trade Organization, to the policies of the World Bank and IMF, and to the deal under which employers of China's huge supply of low-wage workers were allowed access to U.S. markets in exchange for allowing American multinational corporations the right to invest there.

The middle and lower class base of Americans want their jobs back and guess who tapped into them? Trump.

5) No-one trusted Hillary. I don't know what the DNC was thinking putting her up as the nominee. The obvious answer is that she was clearly next in line, but the lack of better judgement and clarity of the big picture really screwed ya'll up. Would Bernie have done better? That's honestly hard to say due to him never having the chance. What is clear though is that Bernie practically split the party (in terms of voters allegiance) and that rift never fully healed. Even Bernie's act of eventually backing Hillary somewhat back-fired, painting him as a traitor or weak for falling back in line with the establishment.

The real issue though was Hillary herself. She couldn't have run a worse campaign. She completely and utterly avoided the necessary media opportunities, unlike Trump. She was scandal-laden from the start and only made it worse for herself several times, like openly accepting Schultz into her campaign, or calling a majority of Trump supporters 'deplorable'. Her practiced and fake emotional outbursts were too transparent. Her lack of taking stances on issues such as her health, or the emails. Remember when those came up in the debate? Not only did she not deny her wrongdoings, but she casually discounted Trump's accusations rather than hitting back with something worse. How do you think Obama would have handled those moments? He was a monster in his debates and speeches; she never hit that degree of intensity. She lacked true passion, something that plays an important role in persuasion and oration.

While there are many more facets of all of this that can be highlighted (Electoral College), I, as a Trump supporter from the start, see these things as major factors in her loss.

The Dems will recover, but need to carefully consider who they put forth as their candidate(s).
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 8:22:34 AM
Honorable mentions:

1) He championed the Anti-ISIS movement.

2) He championed Social Media

3) He championed the Gun rights movement

4) He championed the Blue Lives Matter movement

5) He tapped into our nationalistic impulses

6) He mastered the art of persuasion and rhetoric

7) He tapped into the distaste of Obamacare

8) He tapped into the immigration issue

9) He never, ever, let himself be stumped - in effect, championing the 'winner' attitude.

Hillary could have, and should have, gotten more involved in half of these things to help her own case - but she didn't.
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 10:58:34 AM
Good post. I have a few speculative reasons as to why Trump outperformed the polls:

(1) Trump appeals more to an audience of old timers who generally distrust solicitations of any kind. Their lack of input wasn't properly accounted for until they actually voted.

(2) While casting their ballot, people would be more likely to impulsively switch their vote from Hillary to Trump rather than vice versa. People want to do the right thing. In the back of people's minds the lingering doubts of Hillary's trustworthiness and Trump's brash common sense could've caused spurr of the moment decisions to change their vote.

(3) Disenfranchised Bernie voters who said that they were backing Hillary but couldn't muster the willpower to get out and vote.
Geodesic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 11:33:17 AM
Hillary represented the status quo, and many people are fed up with the status quo:

Wages have stagnated since 1979 and people need to work two jobs just to make ends meet, if they are lucky enough to have a job.

We pay ransoms to Iran (1.7 Billion $$$ in cash) to get hostages released and give them another 150 Billion while the COLA Adjustment for our retirees is a paltry 0.3% (an increase of 0.003 on what they are getting now)

Meanwhile, the Iranians and their surrogates are firing missiles at our ships and capturing and humiliating our sailors. Sec of State Kerry *Thanks* the Iranians for taking care of our sailors even as a video showing their humiliation plays on the Internet.

Race relations are nearly back to the what they were in the 1960"s. Back then, the cry was "Burn baby burn" and there was rioting in dozens of US cities. Now it is "What do you want? Dead Cops!" and they are killing our police in dozens of US cities. The fact we have elected the first Black President seems to have made things worse, not better.

Our inner cities are disaster areas with high crime, high unemployment, gutted infrastructure and no hope; fertile breeding grounds for movements such as BLM to wage war on our police forces.

American industries have moved out to greener pastures in places like Mexico, China, Bangladesh and Korea because of unnecessarily tough regulations and high taxes imposed on them.

Our borders are not being enforced and Illegal immigration is now out of control and only getting worse, with sanctuary cities protecting the illegals from being arrested and deported. A substantial amount of our tax dollars is going to support the illegals while many US citizens are living below the poverty level.

We have had a steady increase in the number of Islamic extremist attacks and that will also only get worse with "open borders".

Our military is depleted and our veterans are not receiving the care they deserve. Veterans are literally dying while waiting to receive treatment for service-connected medical issues.

There is rampant corruption in government, reaching into every agency including the FBI, IRS, the VA, DOJ and the White House. It is indeed, a swamp that needs to be drained and the Clintons are swamp monsters.

I haven"t even mentioned things like: Obama Care (Failure), Planned "Parenthood" (now there is a misnomer! What does killing and dismembering the unborn have to do with parenthood?) and then there is the Supreme Court and the second amendment issues plus the Trillion dollar debt.

Can Trump change all of those things? I doubt it, but now he at least has a chance to do it.

The polls? Biased as hell.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 8:19:48 PM
At 11/10/2016 10:58:34 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Good post. I have a few speculative reasons as to why Trump outperformed the polls:

(1) Trump appeals more to an audience of old timers who generally distrust solicitations of any kind. Their lack of input wasn't properly accounted for until they actually voted.

That's true, and to add onto that - most people in the senior citizen demographic don't use the internet as much as our younger generations. With internet polling growing exponentially in the last decade, the voice of the senior citizens have grown more silent due to their lack of use of the internet.

(2) While casting their ballot, people would be more likely to impulsively switch their vote from Hillary to Trump rather than vice versa. People want to do the right thing. In the back of people's minds the lingering doubts of Hillary's trustworthiness and Trump's brash common sense could've caused spurr of the moment decisions to change their vote.

What's funny is that I was tossing this idea around in my mind as well. While there's no conclusive evidence that this was the case, my gut is telling me that something like that probably did occur for a small segment of our citizens.

(3) Disenfranchised Bernie voters who said that they were backing Hillary but couldn't muster the willpower to get out and vote.

Absolutely. I strongly believe a good portion of Bernie supporters fell apathetic after his loss, especially the younger ones who supported him and only him. In addition to this, some of his 'anti-establishment' supporters went to Trump as he was the only choice left.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 8:31:35 PM
At 11/10/2016 11:33:17 AM, Geodesic wrote:
Hillary represented the status quo, and many people are fed up with the status quo:

Yup

Wages have stagnated since 1979 and people need to work two jobs just to make ends meet, if they are lucky enough to have a job.

Yup, especially blue collar workers with manufacturing-based skill sets.

We pay ransoms to Iran (1.7 Billion $$$ in cash) to get hostages released and give them another 150 Billion while the COLA Adjustment for our retirees is a paltry 0.3% (an increase of 0.003 on what they are getting now)

Meanwhile, the Iranians and their surrogates are firing missiles at our ships and capturing and humiliating our sailors. Sec of State Kerry *Thanks* the Iranians for taking care of our sailors even as a video showing their humiliation plays on the Internet.

Yeah, that was ridiculous. I'd like to look further into what our actual relationship with Iran is. Clearly there are elements at play that haven't reached the surface.

Race relations are nearly back to the what they were in the 1960"s. Back then, the cry was "Burn baby burn" and there was rioting in dozens of US cities. Now it is "What do you want? Dead Cops!" and they are killing our police in dozens of US cities. The fact we have elected the first Black President seems to have made things worse, not better.

Finally, someone says it. I couldn't agree more, and find it quite paradoxical. I firmly believe that a good portion of his initial success was due to America wanting to prove to the world that we aren't "racist" by voting in a Black President. How it backfired so badly and set our race-relations back so far is pretty surprising to me. I wonder if there have been any conclusive sociological studies that delve into this further. Regardless, I do agree that, somehow, his presidency actually hurt race relations rather than helped them.

Our inner cities are disaster areas with high crime, high unemployment, gutted infrastructure and no hope; fertile breeding grounds for movements such as BLM to wage war on our police forces.

They've *always* been disaster areas though. If we really desire to clean up our inner cities, we have to start with the people living in those areas - be it through better education, an updated infrastructure, or opening up more job opportunities.

American industries have moved out to greener pastures in places like Mexico, China, Bangladesh and Korea because of unnecessarily tough regulations and high taxes imposed on them.

Plus the lower wages they can pay their workers in those countries.

Our borders are not being enforced and Illegal immigration is now out of control and only getting worse, with sanctuary cities protecting the illegals from being arrested and deported. A substantial amount of our tax dollars is going to support the illegals while many US citizens are living below the poverty level.

Yup.

We have had a steady increase in the number of Islamic extremist attacks and that will also only get worse with "open borders".

I predict it will get worse regardless of what domestic measures we take. We need to cut the snake off at its head. I only hope Trump keeps his promise to carpet-bomb their oil and main bases.

Our military is depleted and our veterans are not receiving the care they deserve. Veterans are literally dying while waiting to receive treatment for service-connected medical issues.

Yes, this is true.

There is rampant corruption in government, reaching into every agency including the FBI, IRS, the VA, DOJ and the White House. It is indeed, a swamp that needs to be drained and the Clintons are swamp monsters.

Indubitably.

I haven"t even mentioned things like: Obama Care (Failure), Planned "Parenthood" (now there is a misnomer! What does killing and dismembering the unborn have to do with parenthood?) and then there is the Supreme Court and the second amendment issues plus the Trillion dollar debt.

I think the Supreme Court is the most important one for *alot* of the people who voted for Trump.

Can Trump change all of those things? I doubt it, but now he at least has a chance to do it.

Yup.

The polls? Biased as hell.

There's tons of issues with the polls, lol.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 8:45:45 PM
At 11/10/2016 8:05:28 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Agreed with everything you wrote except this:

The real issue though was Hillary herself. She couldn't have run a worse campaign.

Yeah, she sucked at talking up her own virtues as a candidate (because she has none), but one thing her campaign did do incredibly well was painting Trump as a scary bigoted fascist. I think that's the main reason why this race was even close. Trump would have dominated her in a landslide if it weren't for the widespread perception that he's the second coming of Hitler.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 9:03:14 PM
At 11/10/2016 8:45:45 PM, Romanii wrote:

The real issue though was Hillary herself. She couldn't have run a worse campaign.

Yeah, she sucked at talking up her own virtues as a candidate (because she has none), but one thing her campaign did do incredibly well was painting Trump as a scary bigoted fascist. I think that's the main reason why this race was even close. Trump would have dominated her in a landslide if it weren't for the widespread perception that he's the second coming of Hitler.

I'm not sure if her campaign was effective as the biased media, without their help he wouldn't have even had a chance imo.
Lynx_N
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 9:04:48 PM
Trump would have dominated her in a landslide if it weren't for the widespread
perception that he's the second coming of Hitler.

The Secret Service should probably not use Adolf then as a codename for Trump, that would perhaps be a bit too obvious.
Bronto?
Congrats.

poet
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 10:04:10 PM
At 11/10/2016 9:03:14 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

I'm not sure if her campaign was effective as the biased media, without their help he wouldn't have even had a chance imo.

The biased media was her whole campaign, what did she have, 200 plus people working for her campaign? All with ties to every main media outlet in the US. It goes back to the corruption/collusion part that was said in the beginning.
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 10:12:30 PM
I was not a Trump supporter, I was just strongly opposed to Hillary. Besides, Trump was America's way of giving them all (the establishment on any side) the middle finger.

Watching YouTube of people, celebrities are particularly fun, crying now and enjoying the hell out of it.
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 10:34:12 PM
It is also worth mentioning the endless saber-rattling against Russia by Hillary. A sizeable number of Americans voted Trump simply because they felt he was less likely to start some sort of armed conflict with the Russians. The way Hillary's team constantly blamed Putin/Russia for the leaked emails made sure the possibility of war with Russia never left voter's minds. Nobody wants more wars, especially if it involves a nuclear armed superpower and WW III.

Trump's simple position of "I think it would be great if we could get along [with Putin]" reasonated a lot more than most think. Hillary went from a reasonable, safe option for many voters to the risky and scary choice, and vice versa for Trump.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 11:27:46 PM

The left has been 'anti-establishment' for a long time. In this elections, the right went punk and the left went establishment, which meant that the base of the left lost its enthusiasm and the right saw a flood of support from previously disillusioned elements. Another element was the fact that Trump campaign displayed a similar mastery of the internet to Obama's, waging a 'meme war' against Hillary that people are really underestimating, while Hillary's was painfully outdated (THINK OF THE CHILDREN ads). Trump's campaign headquarters was, in certain respects, located in 4chan just as much as it was in Trump Tower, and to devastating result.

The reason that the GOP had this sudden influx of youthful enthusiasm had a lot to do with GamerGate, which drove a bunch of 'grey tribe' people who were previously politically disengaged to the right. Breitbart also played a big role on this. If the left wants to learn anything from this, it should be to 1. Stay punk (don't ever ally with corporate media again. It's the internet age. People see through the bullsh!t) 2. Don't attack people who aren't bothering you, especially if they're uncannily savvy at teh interwebz and 3. Stay up to date (don't run corrupt grandma, but if you do, don't listen to her when she says that she doesn't understand all the fuss about those 'internets')
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 5:56:13 AM

I agree with that, except I think it'd be incorrect to say that it was her campaign that was solely responsible for that. While her campaign certainly did it well, she also had all sorts of news/media outlets, popular talk and entertainment shows, and all forms of celebrities coming out against Trump and continuously painting him as a bad, evil man. I don't think that, if it was *solely* her campaign painting that image, she'd have been so successful in doing so.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 6:05:27 AM
At 11/10/2016 9:04:48 PM, Lynx_N wrote:
Trump would have dominated her in a landslide if it weren't for the widespread
perception that he's the second coming of Hitler.

The Secret Service should probably not use Adolf then as a codename for Trump, that would perhaps be a bit too obvious.

Fun fact: Trump's real Secret Service code name is 'Mogul'.

I still think the coolest would have to be either Kennedy, who had the code name 'Lancer' or Bill Clinton, who had the code name 'Eagle'.

The lamest, imo, would have to be Reagan with the code name 'Rawhide'.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 6:22:58 AM
At 11/10/2016 10:12:30 PM, Heterodox wrote:
I was not a Trump supporter, I was just strongly opposed to Hillary. Besides, Trump was America's way of giving them all (the establishment on any side) the middle finger.

Yup. I think that was the case for a sizable portion of Trump voters.

Watching YouTube of people, celebrities are particularly fun, crying now and enjoying the hell out of it.

I have certainly found some amusement in the post-election reaction videos from liberal celebrities. Everyone is just over-reacting so much. The storm will calm soon enough though, which is already evident with the stock market correcting itself in only 1 day.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 6:37:13 AM
At 11/10/2016 10:34:12 PM, 1Percenter wrote:
It is also worth mentioning the endless saber-rattling against Russia by Hillary. A sizeable number of Americans voted Trump simply because they felt he was less likely to start some sort of armed conflict with the Russians. The way Hillary's team constantly blamed Putin/Russia for the leaked emails made sure the possibility of war with Russia never left voter's minds. Nobody wants more wars, especially if it involves a nuclear armed superpower and WW III.

Yes, good point. I know several people who feared a war with Russia would commence under a Hillary Presidency.

Trump's simple position of "I think it would be great if we could get along [with Putin]" reasonated a lot more than most think. Hillary went from a reasonable, safe option for many voters to the risky and scary choice, and vice versa for Trump.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 6:52:23 AM
At 11/10/2016 11:27:46 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

The left has been 'anti-establishment' for a long time. In this elections, the right went punk and the left went establishment, which meant that the base of the left lost its enthusiasm and the right saw a flood of support from previously disillusioned elements.

That's a good point, most importantly because the left actually ended up being split by Sanders. The 'anti-establishment' leftists that you bring up went for him, whereas Clinton loyalists went with her. Her win in the primary seriously disillusioned a good portion of voters, on the left, that she really needed from the start. This split caused during the primary cannot be understated, it played a major role in all of this, and I think the main reason why is because of exactly what you said - they were forced to choose between their roots of being 'anti-establishment' or supporting Hillary due to party allegiance.

Another element was the fact that Trump campaign displayed a similar mastery of the internet to Obama's, waging a 'meme war' against Hillary that people are really underestimating, while Hillary's was painfully outdated (THINK OF THE CHILDREN ads). Trump's campaign headquarters was, in certain respects, located in 4chan just as much as it was in Trump Tower, and to devastating result.

Absolutely. In the honorable mentions I noted that he was the 'Social Media' candidate and he really was. http://www.whatdoesitmean.com...

You'd think she would have taken a page from Obama's successful tactics against herself but nope.

The reason that the GOP had this sudden influx of youthful enthusiasm had a lot to do with GamerGate, which drove a bunch of 'grey tribe' people who were previously politically disengaged to the right. Breitbart also played a big role on this. If the left wants to learn anything from this, it should be to 1. Stay punk (don't ever ally with corporate media again. It's the internet age. People see through the bullsh!t) 2. Don't attack people who aren't bothering you, especially if they're uncannily savvy at teh interwebz and 3. Stay up to date (don't run corrupt grandma, but if you do, don't listen to her when she says that she doesn't understand all the fuss about those 'internets')

Wow, I hadn't even thought to connect GamerGate to this whole thing! I don't think that's the main reason why the right gained such a sudden influx of youthful enthusiam, but I can certainly see why it'd help increase the support from that demographic.

The 3 points you raise are spot-on. I appreciate your insight!
Geodesic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 9:34:44 AM
At 11/10/2016 8:31:35 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

They've *always* been disaster areas though. If we really desire to clean up our inner cities, we have to start with the people living in those areas - be it through better education, an updated infrastructure, or opening up more job opportunities.

As for "better education" we can thank Obama and the liberals with their Common Core education standards for the terrible shape our education system is in now.

The latest update to the Common Core education standards mandates that students may "answer mathematics problems by responding with whatever their feelings are telling them at the time,"

This is according to sources familiar with the revised 2016-2017 iteration.

http://www.thenewamerican.com...

In other words, if a student is asked on a math test to write the sum of two plus two, an answer of "five" won"t get marked wrong; it will be marked "I respectfully disagree, from my perspective the answer is four, but who am I to judge your mathematical perspective?" A-Plus!

Yeah, that"ll work! Is it any wonder China is producing ten times as many scientists and engineers as we are?

It would be funny if it was not so tragic. Hopefully, Trump will keep his word and get rid of Common Core.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 7:22:39 PM
At 11/11/2016 9:34:44 AM, Geodesic wrote:

As for "better education" we can thank Obama and the liberals with their Common Core education standards for the terrible shape our education system is in now.

The latest update to the Common Core education standards mandates that students may "answer mathematics problems by responding with whatever their feelings are telling them at the time,"

In other words, if a student is asked on a math test to write the sum of two plus two, an answer of "five" won"t get marked wrong; it will be marked "I respectfully disagree, from my perspective the answer is four, but who am I to judge your mathematical perspective?" A-Plus!

Yeah, that"ll work! Is it any wonder China is producing ten times as many scientists and engineers as we are?

It would be funny if it was not so tragic. Hopefully, Trump will keep his word and get rid of Common Core.

I hope so as well.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 7:54:38 PM
At 11/11/2016 5:56:13 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
I agree with that, except I think it'd be incorrect to say that it was her campaign that was solely responsible for that. While her campaign certainly did it well, she also had all sorts of news/media outlets, popular talk and entertainment shows, and all forms of celebrities coming out against Trump and continuously painting him as a bad, evil man. I don't think that, if it was *solely* her campaign painting that image, she'd have been so successful in doing so.

Fair enough, although it's becoming increasingly clear that her campaign has direct ties to much of the liberal media.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 7:57:15 PM
At 11/11/2016 7:54:38 PM, Romanii wrote:

Fair enough, although it's becoming increasingly clear that her campaign has direct ties to much of the liberal media.

Haha, that was clear to me months ago. Be it spouses or financial dealings, the truth was always out there - it's just that now people are finally bothering to look for themselves.
Cubswin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 1:01:22 PM
This election exposed to the world the corrupt and dishonest media propaganda apparatus consisting of Network TV, CNN, Fox and Hollywood. The "polls" are part of that corrupt system

The peasants of America = grassroots rural America, came out and let their voice be heard and used a simple system in place founded by our forefathers... the right to Vote

Establishment corporate Dictators on the east and west coasts and Chicago,.. were thrown out without using Guillotines and WE THE PEOPLE is alive and well in America. The framers of our Constitution are smiling :)
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 1:41:29 PM
At 11/11/2016 7:22:39 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 11/11/2016 9:34:44 AM, Geodesic wrote:

I hope so as well.

Man, I wish I saw this when it was actually posted. I just posted more of general statement addressing this issue in why Trump Supporters were quiet. The girl that cut me from her life was a teacher, and most of the people out protesting are kids, high school, college, or just graduated, and their teachers, who are in most cases, only a couple of years older than their students. They all grew up in this Common Core education system.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 2:02:17 PM
The problem with Trump becoming the next President in a country that touts itself as something as a free democracy, wherein the majority of popularity litigates decisions, is it becomes anything but what it is supposed to be. Hillary Clinton won the popular vote, yet Donald Trump still won by an electoral landslide. This only proves that some states have never mattered. Your vote does not matter. The electoral college is a rigged system that represents the public unfairly. Clinton won 48% of the popular vote, while Trump won only 47% of popularity. The electoral college is unfair because it predetermined a victory before all the votes were counted. This is not how a democracy should be. Blade-of-Truth wouldn't know a truth even if we voted on it. He would suggest that the majority of American were in favor of Trump. He is only trumping the truth as he sees it. That's the problem in this world. People will only believe what they want to believe.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 6:39:43 PM
At 11/14/2016 2:02:17 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
The problem with Trump becoming the next President in a country that touts itself as something as a free democracy, wherein the majority of popularity litigates decisions, is it becomes anything but what it is supposed to be. Hillary Clinton won the popular vote, yet Donald Trump still won by an electoral landslide. This only proves that some states have never mattered. Your vote does not matter. The electoral college is a rigged system that represents the public unfairly. Clinton won 48% of the popular vote, while Trump won only 47% of popularity. The electoral college is unfair because it predetermined a victory before all the votes were counted. This is not how a democracy should be. Blade-of-Truth wouldn't know a truth even if we voted on it. He would suggest that the majority of American were in favor of Trump. He is only trumping the truth as he sees it. That's the problem in this world. People will only believe what they want to believe.

These are some interesting observations, and while most of them warrant no response whatsoever for their silliness, there is something I'd like to address - the Electoral College.

If we remove the electoral college, then and only then, would your statement about some states not mattering actually be a valid one. The smart thing to do here would be to educate oneself on the electoral college and its purposes. I think that, at the end of the day with all personal emotions set aside, any reasonable person can see that the benefits of it outweigh the harms.

Harms - http://www.sciencebuzz.org...

Benefits - http://www.sciencebuzz.org...

Additional overview of both - http://uselectionatlas.org...
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 8:23:39 PM
At 11/14/2016 6:39:43 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 11/14/2016 2:02:17 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

These are some interesting observations, and while most of them warrant no response whatsoever for their silliness, there is something I'd like to address - the Electoral College.

If we remove the electoral college, then and only then, would your statement about some states not mattering actually be a valid one. The smart thing to do here would be to educate oneself on the electoral college and its purposes. I think that, at the end of the day with all personal emotions set aside, any reasonable person can see that the benefits of it outweigh the harms.

Harms - http://www.sciencebuzz.org...

Benefits - http://www.sciencebuzz.org...

Additional overview of both - http://uselectionatlas.org...

If you found what I've said to be silly, then it becomes silly. It doesn't mean it's actually silly. It just becomes what you've perceived it to be. You also perceived an emotional motivation, for which there was none. Had I voted, I would have voted for Trump. I can vote for Trump and still see the truth. I see no truth to what you have said. You said a removal of the electoral college would make the votes of some states become an unconcern to the overall result, and to a small degree, no matter to the 1% difference of the popular vote, there were a couple of states of such small voting percentages that would not likely change the result. But the results of the electoral college says something. It says not all votes are equal. My vote matters more than any other vote, other than anyone voting in California or Texas. We live in a country where everyone is supposed to be treated equal, according to the constitution. But we are not all equal. The voters are not treated as equals. Why do you think this is? What is the main reason for the creation of the electoral college? Some might argue that the people could not be trusted to vote educationally on the issues. Back in the days of the creation of the electoral college, there were not as many outlets for information as there are today. Not everybody had a chance to make an informed decision. But today we live in the digital age of information. Today we all have access to the same information. Today we should all be treated equal. All votes today should be treated as equal.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 9:53:07 PM
At 11/10/2016 8:22:34 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Honorable mentions:

9) He never, ever, let himself be stumped - in effect, championing the 'winner' attitude.

Hillary could have, and should have, gotten more involved in half of these things to help her own case - but she didn't.

You still left out the fact that many White Americans were scared. Its called Whitelash. Note over 49% of the Democrats did not vote. Keep this in mind when you go back to the polls in 2020. Pinhead.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 9:55:05 PM

The riots in over 20 US cities alone support those claims. Not to mention like I said before, over 200 hate crimes done in the past 4 days alone. Plus I heard there are some things about Trump that are gonna come out soon. And its going to put a very big stain on his presidency. Mark my words.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 1:54:04 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/10/2016 8:22:34 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Honorable mentions:

But she did win the championship for the popular vote. It's the popular vote that matters. All governors to states get voted in by the popular vote. Why shouldn't the governor of states become instated by the same means?