Jump to topic:

Trump protests

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 3:02:24 PM
Posted: 4 weeks ago
I really do not get these protests against Trump in Oakland and New York and other cities. The election is over Trump won, fair and square, you had your chance to vote and you lost. It's over now so what are you protesting. Is this the kind of whiny society we have turned into where losing is no longer acceptable, now you have to protest.

Move on walk away, it's over!! I mean what's next are you going to protest every time you lose in life. The Cleveland Indians lost in the World Series, I don't see people protesting in Cleveland that they lost, are you going to go for a job interview, with other candidates, and you don't get the job, are you going to protest outside the building with signs??

I just don't get it, stop being a whiny bitch and move on, you can't always have things your way in life.

Who's with me on this?
Emgaol
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 4:28:46 PM
At 11/10/2016 3:02:24 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
I really do not get these protests against Trump in Oakland and New York and other cities. The election is over Trump won, fair and square, you had your chance to vote and you lost. It's over now so what are you protesting. Is this the kind of whiny society we have turned into where losing is no longer acceptable, now you have to protest.

Move on walk away, it's over!! I mean what's next are you going to protest every time you lose in life. The Cleveland Indians lost in the World Series, I don't see people protesting in Cleveland that they lost, are you going to go for a job interview, with other candidates, and you don't get the job, are you going to protest outside the building with signs??

I just don't get it, stop being a whiny bitch and move on, you can't always have things your way in life.

Who's with me on this?

I don't know if this helps, but I'm with you.
In my day, if I staggered home from the pub, drunk, and I tripped on a broken piece of pavement, I got home with a sore head and cursed myself for being stupid drunk. These days, people sue the local council for not repairing the broken piece of pavement.
We used to take responsibility for our actions, and recognize that others had the right to voice alternative opinions, but never with threats or violence. We accepted that democracy sometimes meant that our favored political ideals weren't always what the majority of citizens agreed with. We agreed to disagree.
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 4:40:37 PM
At 11/10/2016 4:28:46 PM, Emgaol wrote:

Who's with me on this?

In my day, if I staggered home from the pub, drunk, and I tripped on a broken piece of pavement, I got home with a sore head and cursed myself for being stupid drunk. These days, people sue the local council for not repairing the broken piece of pavement.
We used to take responsibility for our actions, and recognize that others had the right to voice alternative opinions, but never with threats or violence. We accepted that democracy sometimes meant that our favored political ideals weren't always what the majority of citizens agreed with. We agreed to disagree.

I'm with you, no one would have protested if Hillary won, but that was the type of country we were becoming, pandering to a few people who protest, then trying our best to give them what they want. Go home and see how much better we can be when we all come together.
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 4:40:38 PM

Who's with me on this?

I'm with you, no one would have protested if Hillary won, but that was the type of country we were becoming, pandering to a few people who protest, then trying our best to give them what they want. Go home and see how much better we can be when we all come together.
Lynx_N
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 4:48:50 PM
I think I'm gonna sue Donald Trump for winning the Presidential Election.
Him winning has made me feel..........sad...........because I wanted Hillary to win instead :( (if it were possible you would see a sad face emoticon instead of :( , as that would represent my feelings in this matter).
Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for all that much, I'd settle for a measly 1 million USD, that would do just fine, just fine.
Bronto?
Congrats.

poet
Emgaol
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 4:57:22 PM
At 11/10/2016 4:48:50 PM, Lynx_N wrote:
Him winning has made me feel..........sad...........because I wanted Hillary to win instead :( (if it were possible you would see a sad face emoticon instead of :( , as that would represent my feelings in this matter).
Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for all that much, I'd settle for a measly 1 million USD, that would do just fine, just fine.

Hmm, shouldn't you be suing Hillary instead for losing? After all, you went out of your way to vote for her.
Lynx_N
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 5:08:03 PM
At 11/10/2016 4:57:22 PM, Emgaol wrote:

Hmm, shouldn't you be suing Hillary instead for losing? After all, you went out of your way to vote for her.

OMG, you're right.
Alright, 1 million for Hillary and 1 million for Trump, awesome.
Thanks!

Btw, I didn't vote, but anyway.
Bronto?
Congrats.

poet
Emgaol
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 5:16:13 PM
At 11/10/2016 5:08:03 PM, Lynx_N wrote:

OMG, you're right.
Thanks!

Well, if you didn't vote, then you can't complain.
Lynx_N
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 5:19:32 PM
At 11/10/2016 5:16:13 PM, Emgaol wrote:

OMG, you're right.
Thanks!

That's just sad.
Alright, I'll sue you aswell.
So that's 3 million then..........sweeeet.
Bronto?
Congrats.

poet
Silly_Billy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 5:27:27 PM

OMG, you're right.
Thanks!

Sure he can! The perk of not voting is that you can complain no matter who wins.
Emgaol
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 5:42:27 PM
At 11/10/2016 5:27:27 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:

OMG, you're right.
Thanks!

Sure he can! The perk of not voting is that you can complain no matter who wins.
Hmm, I'd put it that you can complain no matter who wins, whether you voted or not.
Silly_Billy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 5:47:44 PM
At 11/10/2016 5:42:27 PM, Emgaol wrote:

OMG, you're right.
Thanks!

Hmm, I'd put it that you can complain no matter who wins, whether you voted or not.

I don't know... i don't think that mexicans who voted on Trump will have any cause to complain if Trump does decide to deport them all.
Emgaol
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 5:50:39 PM
At 11/10/2016 5:47:44 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:

OMG, you're right.
Thanks!

I don't know... i don't think that mexicans who voted on Trump will have any cause to complain if Trump does decide to deport them all.
Are those Mexicans now US citizens entitled to vote? If they are, then why should they be deported?
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 5:51:20 PM

OMG, you're right.
Thanks!

When did Trump say he was going to deport all Mexicans?
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 5:52:41 PM

Who's with me on this?

They are taking it...a bit far....however, let them get their anger out now, so next year when he takes the oath of office, we can get to work peacefully.
Silly_Billy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 5:55:58 PM
At 11/10/2016 5:51:20 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:

OMG, you're right.
Thanks!

As Trump has promised to deport undocumented immigrants, as half of all the undocumented immigrants are Mexican and as Trump is the one who wants to build a very high wall on the Mexican border, i have taken the liberty to conclude that he therefor wants to deport a lot of Mexicans.
Silly_Billy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 6:01:01 PM
At 11/10/2016 5:50:39 PM, Emgaol wrote:

OMG, you're right.
Thanks!

Are those Mexicans now US citizens entitled to vote? If they are, then why should they be deported?

When people have a double nationality with two passports, it does become possible to take away one of those pasports and by doing do, making those people illegal and subject to deportation. Does this mean it will happen? I don't know and that wasn't the point of my reply anyhow, i was trying to think of an example of people who should not have the right to complain when certain things happen because they elected Trump. And to be pollitically correct about it all (though there should be no need to as political correctness has been voted out), the same would apply those those who voted on Clinton if Clinton had been elected president.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 6:05:24 PM
At 11/10/2016 5:55:58 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:

OMG, you're right.
Thanks!

As Trump has promised to deport undocumented immigrants, as half of all the undocumented immigrants are Mexican and as Trump is the one who wants to build a very high wall on the Mexican border, i have taken the liberty to conclude that he therefor wants to deport a lot of Mexicans.

A person may NEVER take liberties or inject opinions when discussing facts. Similarly, an authority may not pick and choose which laws they wish to enforce and when within a civil society -- with reasonable exceptions. Illegal immigrants, as the name clearly states, are immigrants who are in a sovereign territory illegally and without permission, and should be responded to as such.
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 6:08:07 PM
At 11/10/2016 4:40:37 PM, Davery79 wrote:

Who's with me on this?

This is objectively false. Trump himself said he wouldn't accept the results. Ridiculous assertion with no ground.
-warren42

"Give me liberty. That's it. I can handle the rest."
Silly_Billy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 6:18:14 PM
At 11/10/2016 6:05:24 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:

OMG, you're right.
Thanks!

A person may NEVER take liberties or inject opinions when discussing facts. Similarly, an authority may not pick and choose which laws they wish to enforce and when within a civil society -- with reasonable exceptions. Illegal immigrants, as the name clearly states, are immigrants who are in a sovereign territory illegally and without permission, and should be responded to as such.

If you find yourself driving in Pennsylvania on a country road, the law dictates that you must stop every mile, send up a flare and wait 10 minutes for livestock to be cleared from the road.

Do you really think that that law is being upheld and if not, do you think that it should be upheld because, as you say, an authority may not pick and choose which laws they wish to enforce?

One other thing, YOU are probably an illegal immigrant yourself as you (or any of your ancestors) have never given the right by the Native Americans to come live on their soil. By the laws of your own nation, use and everyone else who calls himself an American ought to be rightfully deported.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 6:27:27 PM
At 11/10/2016 6:18:14 PM, Silly_Billy wrote:
At 11/10/2016 6:05:24 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:

OMG, you're right.
Thanks!

If you find yourself driving in Pennsylvania on a country road, the law dictates that you must stop every mile, send up a flare and wait 10 minutes for livestock to be cleared from the road.

Do you really think that that law is being upheld and if not, do you think that it should be upheld because, as you say, an authority may not pick and choose which laws they wish to enforce?

See, this is where my statement "with reasonable exceptions" comes into play.

One other thing, YOU are probably an illegal immigrant yourself as you (or any of your ancestors) have never given the right by the Native Americans to come live on their soil. By the laws of your own nation, use and everyone else who calls himself an American ought to be rightfully deported.

Firstly, I am descendant from Lenape Indians -- among other lineages of course. Since we have never been formally recognized through contracts and pacts as all other tribes have been -- we are actually the only remaining "original" rightful owners of the lands you speak of.

Second, no, see what had happened was, Americans thoroughly whooped the a$$es of the native Americans and took their land from them. If Mexico wishes to invade the U.S. and whoops our a$$es, they could rightfully take possession of our lands.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 7:00:59 PM

Who's with me on this?

What u got against peaceful protest? Why u care what people do with their time.

Some are protesting the exact sentiment the president elect had in 2012, which is that the electorial college is jacked up.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 7:02:24 PM

Who's with me on this?

I'm with you, no one would have protested if Hillary won

Lol, yeah no one.
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 7:32:42 PM
At 11/10/2016 6:08:07 PM, warren42 wrote:

Who's with me on this?

This is objectively false. Trump himself said he wouldn't accept the results. Ridiculous assertion with no ground.

Trump said he would wait to see the results before he decided to accept them. Obviously, he is not going to object to them now. Just because Trump said that doesn't mean that his supporters are going to protest and riot.
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 7:48:33 PM
At 11/10/2016 7:00:59 PM, slo1 wrote:

Who's with me on this?

What u got against peaceful protest? Why u care what people do with their time.

Some are protesting the exact sentiment the president elect had in 2012, which is that the electorial college is jacked up.

I'm not sure if burning the American flag is what you would call a peaceful protest, it is a protest, and apparently, it is freedom of speech. But I am also pretty sure you can't just set fires in the street where ever you want. Regardless if it is the American flag or not. It's called arson. Would they be arrested if they were just burning pants, or shrubs or branches?... yes they would. What makes the American flag any different?

I admit, I have yet to see any real riots. Peaceful protests are fine, but don't burn stuff.
Lynx_N
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 8:01:49 PM
You all just make me so sad.
Just give me a million dollar each, then Max can close this thread, be done with.
Bronto?
Congrats.

poet
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 8:26:19 PM
At 11/10/2016 8:13:23 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
Well she is winning the popular vote which explains why so many are upset

Yeah honestly though, Rural America is usually underrepresented. Its rare that the cities lose, but its a reality that much of America has had to deal with New York and California, and major cities swaying the election away from small town and rural, and heartland interests in the past as well....with tact. That's just how it goes. The same thing happened to Hillary last time with Barack Obama in Florida.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 8:35:56 PM
At 11/10/2016 8:26:19 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 11/10/2016 8:13:23 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
Well she is winning the popular vote which explains why so many are upset

Yeah honestly though, Rural America is usually underrepresented. Its rare that the cities lose, but its a reality that much of America has had to deal with New York and California, and major cities swaying the election away from small town and rural, and heartland interests in the past as well....with tact. That's just how it goes. The same thing happened to Hillary last time with Barack Obama in Florida.

I made a post about this. Those underrepresented cities is what has caused Hillary to lose
#BlackLivesMatter
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2016 2:43:26 AM
I really do not get these protests against Drumpf in Oakland and New York and other cities. The election is over Drumpf won, fair and square, you had your chance to vote and you lost. It's over now so what are you protesting. Is this the kind of whiny society we have turned into where losing is no longer acceptable, now you have to protest.

Who's with me on this?

Do people not have a right to protest things they think are unjust?
Should people roll over and take it lying down?
Moreover, Trump didnt win a democratic mandate, so people have more of a right to be upset.