Jump to topic:

Trump: the Man the Myth the Legend

Cubswin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 3:07:30 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
I have had a few days to digest what happened and is anybody else just amazed and astonished by what he did? Here is a billionaire businessman and former Democrat....that was so in tune with conservative grassroots rural America (silent majority)... that he saw an opportunity and seized it like he would a business venture

He did it by going to war with the corporate elite propaganda media establishment...and beat them at their own game!!! I have to admire this man... it is unprecedented what he did!

What Trump did can be kind of compared to what Abraham Lincoln did

Trump has freed all Americans from the shackles of corporate establishment and allowed the People to be in control... which is what the framers of the Constitution had in mind

To sum up... rich elite corporate establishment got too big for their britches and were brought down to size by the silent majority via a man who represented the corporate establishment and played their game.... I mean.. it's poetic!

Trump is a genius, a man of action and everyone should be thanking him for saving America from the corrupt establishment,...because had he not won.. I honestly believe the Union would have imploded

The election result map county by county clearly.. clearly shows where this elite corporate establishment resides. We know where they are.....and that massive monumental sea of Red you see represents WE THE PEOPLE who were sick and tired of establishment politics

Trump did not have to do what he did...what rich billionaire needs the headache of political office... but he saw how USA was going down the drain economically and did something about it = a true Patriot

Mr Trump.. thank you! :) I would follow you into battle to protect America!
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 3:14:46 PM
At 11/12/2016 3:07:30 PM, Cubswin wrote:
I have had a few days to digest what happened and is anybody else just amazed and astonished by what he did? Here is a billionaire businessman and former Democrat....that was so in tune with conservative grassroots rural America (silent majority)... that he saw an opportunity and seized it like he would a business venture

He did it by going to war with the corporate elite propaganda media establishment...and beat them at their own game!!! I have to admire this man... it is unprecedented what he did!

Trump has freed all Americans from the shackles of corporate establishment and allowed the People to be in control... which is what the framers of the Constitution had in mind

To sum up... rich elite corporate establishment got too big for their britches and were brought down to size by the silent majority via a man who represented the corporate establishment and played their game.... I mean.. it's poetic!

Trump is a genius, a man of action and everyone should be thanking him for saving America from the corrupt establishment,...because had he not won.. I honestly believe the Union would have imploded

The election result map county by county clearly.. clearly shows where this elite corporate establishment resides. We know where they are.....and that massive monumental sea of Red you see represents WE THE PEOPLE who were sick and tired of establishment politics

Trump did not have to do what he did...what rich billionaire needs the headache of political office... but he saw how USA was going down the drain economically and did something about it = a true Patriot

Aside from the other drivel of this post, what is this "majority" you speak of?
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 3:15:52 PM
Let's see how his term goes before we anoint him umkay?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 4:18:22 PM

Trump brought down the rich corporate establishment? That is the first time I heard that.

How do you feel that his transition team is loaded with rich corporate elites and conservative political elites?
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 5:05:22 PM
Donald Trump has genius (I retract everything I've said about him being an idiot), fame, and billions of dollars. The combination of these three things made him very well suited to wage a one-man war on the political establishment, and I think the base could sense this.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 8:04:32 PM

The CEO of JP Morgan is being floated to be the secretary of the Treasury. Trump will now replace all the elites with his other elites. They now will be Trump's friends and cronies. Trump has been a rich elite his whole life. he regards the people who vote for him the same as people who he scammed with his Trump University.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 10:22:17 PM
At 11/13/2016 8:04:32 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

The CEO of JP Morgan is being floated to be the secretary of the Treasury. Trump will now replace all the elites with his other elites. They now will be Trump's friends and cronies. Trump has been a rich elite his whole life. he regards the people who vote for him the same as people who he scammed with his Trump University.

Lol, you wouldn't be happy if he appointed Rosie O'Donnel. Oh the tears!
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 10:23:54 PM
At 11/13/2016 10:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

No one would be happy if he appointed Rosie O'Donnel?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 10:25:11 PM
At 11/13/2016 10:23:54 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

Ok i'll bite...what appointee would you be happy with? Someone with no real world business experience?
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 10:29:32 PM
At 11/13/2016 10:25:11 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Ok i'll bite...what appointee would you be happy with? Someone with no real world business experience?

I would be happy with Robert Reich.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 10:32:53 PM
At 11/13/2016 10:29:32 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

Really, A person who dedicated his life coddling crony unions under various administrations for decades? That swamp needs to go.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 10:36:44 PM
At 11/13/2016 10:32:53 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Really, A person who dedicated his life coddling crony unions under various administrations for decades? That swamp needs to go.

He has done more than fight for unions. A true anti-establishment, anti-Wall Street secretary of treasury would likely be pro-union. Do you think Trump's working class white supporters want a pro-union secretary of Treasury?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 10:40:56 PM

With this answer it's totally clear to me that you want an immediate return to the established crony career politicians back in control. The more experience working as a career politician, the better. Real world workers and businessmen need not apply...

Reich and his crony Union buddies are the bomb that decimated Detroit. We need to dismantle that bomb before it wipes out all of the working class.

What a joke and a lie to still think the Unions care at all about preserving your job security...hell they do everything they can to either destroy your job by attacking the 'golden goose', or destroy the chance for someone else to share the wealth by making it far too costly for the investor to take on any more inefficient, overpaid workers. It's clearly an age old mafia crony protectionist scheme where the dues you pay to the mob boss are totally legal....and you rarely have a choice to opt out either. That swamp needs to go.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 10:44:19 PM
At 11/13/2016 10:40:56 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

With this answer it's totally clear to me that you want an immediate return to the established crony career politicians back in control. The more experience working as a career politician, the better. Real world workers and businessmen need not apply...

Reich and his crony Union buddies are the bomb that decimated Detroit. We need to dismantle that bomb before it wipes out all of the working class.

What a joke and a lie to still think the Unions care at all about preserving your job security...hell they do everything they can to either destroy your job by attacking the 'golden goose', or destroy the chance for someone else to share the wealth by making it far too costly for the investor to take on any more inefficient, overpaid workers. It's clearly an age old mafia crony protectionist scheme where the dues you pay to the mob boss are totally legal....and you rarely have a choice to opt out either. That swamp needs to go.

He may be pro-union but he is more anti-establishment then someone from Wall Street.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 10:46:16 PM
At 11/13/2016 10:44:19 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

He may be pro-union but he is more anti-establishment then someone from Wall Street.

I wouldn't trust anyone who has not been personally hit with crony regulations from rival lobbyists to have any passion at all for reform.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 10:50:05 PM
At 11/13/2016 10:46:16 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 11/13/2016 10:44:19 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

I wouldn't trust anyone who has not been personally hit with crony regulations from rival lobbyists to have any passion at all for reform.

Also another example...who would you trust to reform the IRS.... a career politician who has the correct connections to avoid IRS audits? Or someone who is targetted for yearly audits?

I'd say the second person is more passionate and personally motivated for actual reform than the gated politician, secure in his ivory tower.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 10:55:52 PM
Unions can be a confusing issue, I think. I was actually having a chat about them only earlier today, or along the same lines anyway - this lady was all about bringing refugees into the country, that they'd be a boost to industry, people could work them at cheaper wages. And I was like... hmm.

The way I figure it, it doesn't work out. So the refugees come in, and they work for less, and that gets some business off the ground. But then the common man's out of work, because he's getting undercut. And then who the fck buys from the new businesses? So it might have been a solution, but it really wasn't. It's making a bubble, basically, right?

And it's the same sort of thing with unions, I think. You need job security. You need minimum wages. You need someone to buy from the new businesses. You need to keep the people in power to some degree. Otherwise no business can thrive. A business needs an empowered people.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 11:11:00 PM
I was playing devil's advocate, for the record. You can't not take in refugees, you heartless b*stards.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 11:17:39 PM
Of course a business can make money if it's catered to the already super rich, which is where Trump made his whole fortune - hotels, casinos, etc.; all built on properties he paid pittance for. But that ain't good for the economy. Just him.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 11:30:47 PM
I'm not sure if I should be impressed or not by how Trump made his money. He had a lot of money in a really poor time; exploited that to provide indulgences to the rich; the rich indulged. I mean there was a little bit of marketing in it. There was a little bit of enterprise. Was there that much, though? One might easily imagine he was just blessed with an overabundance of vanity.