Jump to topic:

Hillary can still win

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 6:14:30 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
There is, in fact, one scenario in which Hillary Clinton can still win the White House.
Technically, Trump did not win the election on November 8. Rather, the majority of electors are now pledged to vote for him. The Electoral College will officially cast their votes at a later date, perhaps in December.
They are not legally obligated to vote for Trump, however. In theory the College could vote Hillary into office, an election upset that would make even Trump's recent accomplishment pale in comparison. Right now, millions of Democrats and leftist news media outlets are demanding that the Electoral College do this.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 6:17:22 PM
At 11/12/2016 6:14:30 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
There is, in fact, one scenario in which Hillary Clinton can still win the White House.
Technically, Trump did not win the election on November 8. Rather, the majority of electors are now pledged to vote for him. The Electoral College will officially cast their votes at a later date, perhaps in December.
They are not legally obligated to vote for Trump, however. In theory the College could vote Hillary into office, an election upset that would make even Trump's recent accomplishment pale in comparison. Right now, millions of Democrats and leftist news media outlets are demanding that the Electoral College do this.

Just saw that on several news sites too. I don't see it happening. You think there is division in the country and rioting in the streets now? Just image what would happen if those shenanigans took place. Leftists are such hypocrites. "Let's preach unity and inclusion and non-violence while we destroy the country by rioting in the streets and beat up random white people." Idiots.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 6:18:46 PM
The Huffington Post literally suggested that the Founding Fathers set up the Electoral College to keep the people from selecting a bad President.

The DDO Blog:

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 6:22:13 PM
The electoral college isn't made up of random people, though. When you vote for "president" you are actually voting for a slate of electors that are comprised almost exclusively of party loyalists. If Trump won exactly 270 votes maybe there was a chance a faithless elector or two could swing things, but he won 306 votes.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Lynx_N
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 6:25:29 PM
Hillary for the win!
It's practically a slam dunk case anyway.
Hillary practically won the Presidential election, Trump in fact lost his way into power.
What's right should be right.

#Hillarywon
Bronto?
Congrats.

poet
RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 6:26:25 PM
At 11/12/2016 6:18:46 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
The Huffington Post literally suggested that the Founding Fathers set up the Electoral College to keep the people from selecting a bad President.

Sounds like it worked just fine then.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 6:29:15 PM
At 11/12/2016 6:22:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
The electoral college isn't made up of random people, though. When you vote for "president" you are actually voting for a slate of electors that are comprised almost exclusively of party loyalists. If Trump won exactly 270 votes maybe there was a chance a faithless elector or two could swing things, but he won 306 votes.

^
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 6:40:46 PM

Never in US history has there been more than 5 or so faithless electors in an election. If there's so many that make Hillary win, there'd be a revolution.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 6:41:57 PM
At 11/12/2016 6:25:29 PM, Lynx_N wrote:
Hillary for the win!
It's practically a slam dunk case anyway.
Hillary practically won the Presidential election, Trump in fact lost his way into power.
What's right should be right.

#Hillarywon

American capitalist imperialists are fools all fools they think they can stand against the People's Liberation Army we have missile that sink American aircraft carriers to bottom of the ocean hahaha

The DDO Blog:

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 6:55:38 PM

This won't happen, and if it did happen that would be the biggest d!ck move to ever occur. I seriously hope no one does that, and the fact that people are suggesting it is gross.

It is purposely undermining the collectively established system of democratic election for political ends. Disgusting
Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 7:02:25 PM

Why so pessimistic?
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 7:13:23 PM
At 11/12/2016 6:40:46 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
Never in US history has there been more than 5 or so faithless electors in an election.

Except for the 7 in 1828, the 32 in 1832, and the 23 in 1836.

I don't think the 63 in 1872 really count, considering the circumstances.

Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Lynx_N
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 7:22:00 PM
My God, the Trumpsters are actually worried here, I mean for real.
This is a potentially dangerous thread, it could just spark enough debacle for states to re-evaluate their actions to enable Hilllary taking office instead of Donald.......
Most interesting.
Bronto?
Congrats.

poet
fishhunter61
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 7:41:34 PM
In theory the College could vote Hillary into office.
However, Hillary already officially conceded from the race.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 7:48:00 PM
At 11/12/2016 7:13:23 PM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
Never in US history has there been more than 5 or so faithless electors in an election.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 7:48:46 PM
At 11/12/2016 7:22:00 PM, Lynx_N wrote:
My God, the Trumpsters are actually worried here, I mean for real.
This is a potentially dangerous thread, it could just spark enough debacle for states to re-evaluate their actions to enable Hilllary taking office instead of Donald.......
Most interesting.

Literally no one is worried about this
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 8:11:43 PM

I was thinking states (considering the winner-take-all system), but I guess that's wrong too. Oh well.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 9:10:38 PM
At 11/12/2016 8:11:43 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

I was thinking states (considering the winner-take-all system), but I guess that's wrong too. Oh well.

Fact checking helps. This particular fact check took me about two minutes typing words into google then reading words that came up. An absurdly huge amount of effort to put into something as inconsequential as knowing the truth I know, but sometimes it's worth the struggle.

Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 9:15:01 PM
At 11/12/2016 9:10:38 PM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 11/12/2016 8:11:43 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Fact checking helps. This particular fact check took me about two minutes typing words into google then reading words that came up. An absurdly huge amount of effort to put into something as inconsequential as knowing the truth I know, but sometimes it's worth the struggle.

Okay, it's not necessary to be a jerk about it.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Geodesic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 9:25:31 PM

I think she has a better chance of ending up in Jail than in the White House.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 9:58:10 PM
At 11/12/2016 6:17:22 PM, RookieApologist wrote:

Just saw that on several news sites too. I don't see it happening. You think there is division in the country and rioting in the streets now? Just image what would happen if those shenanigans took place. Leftists are such hypocrites. "Let's preach unity and inclusion and non-violence while we destroy the country by rioting in the streets and beat up random white people." Idiots.

You said brother, Democrats are worried what Trump will do? Look at them literally destroying America,Burning down and vandalizing Homes and businesses, beating the crap out of people like Pre WW2 Nazi Hitler youth. This country has far more to fear from Democrats than anything Trump would do. My prayers go out to the people who will pay the ultimate price at the hands of a Democrats
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 10:06:46 PM
At 11/12/2016 9:58:10 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 11/12/2016 6:17:22 PM, RookieApologist wrote:

You said brother, Democrats are worried what Trump will do? Look at them literally destroying America,Burning down and vandalizing Homes and businesses, beating the crap out of people like Pre WW2 Nazi Hitler youth. This country has far more to fear from Democrats than anything Trump would do. My prayers go out to the people who will pay the ultimate price at the hands of a Democrats

The Democrat party and it's supporters are pretty much a terrorist organization. They are terrorizing people in the streets destroying things and doing everything a terrorist organization does. Covert or die.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 11:11:33 PM

You think the riots are bad with a bunch of liberal wussies. Imagine what would happen if they actually voided the people's vote. This would trigger, quite literally, massive amounts of chaos and potentially a civil war.

It won't happen.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 11:37:23 PM
At 11/12/2016 11:11:33 PM, Heterodox wrote:

You think the riots are bad with a bunch of liberal wussies. Imagine what would happen if they actually voided the people's vote. This would trigger, quite literally, massive amounts of chaos and potentially a civil war.

It won't happen.

What makes you think that isn't the plan? I put nothing past the Democrat party. They have demonstrated that nothing is beneath them to hold onto power including causing a civil war and suspending all rights and the constitution and instituting martial law.

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 2:38:54 AM
At 11/12/2016 10:01:54 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
This would literally lead to a civil war.

I wouldn't quite go that far. But there'd definitely be some violence, and in this instance, I might even go far to say that it'd be justified.

The DDO Blog:

Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 2:47:57 AM

Its true though. The Founding Fathers actually weren't fans of universal suffrage, that's why Senators where chosen by state legislators and only white land owning men could initially vote.

But I think it would be a bad idea for the EC to elect Hillary, it would go against tradition. But if they elected Bernie I wouldn't mind.
RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 3:08:15 AM
At 11/13/2016 2:47:57 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

Its true though. The Founding Fathers actually weren't fans of universal suffrage, that's why Senators where chosen by state legislators and only white land owning men could initially vote.

But I think it would be a bad idea for the EC to elect Hillary, it would go against tradition. But if they elected Bernie I wouldn't mind.

Because that wouldn't be against tradition? She already conceded anyway.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 3:38:11 AM
At 11/13/2016 3:08:15 AM, RookieApologist wrote:

It was a joke.
RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 3:39:01 AM
At 11/13/2016 3:38:11 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 11/13/2016 3:08:15 AM, RookieApologist wrote:

It was a joke.

Ah, belay my last then ;)