Jump to topic:

Brief Thoughts on Immaturity on the Left

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 10:52:43 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
There are a lot of very good reasons to be upset, angry, and afraid right now. Those reasons relate to Donald Trump's victory in light of what he said and engaged in during the campaign, as well as the company he keeps.

Republicans have stupidly discounted this fear, and written it off as nonsense with the general line of reasoning that "Of course, even though Trump said he's going to do all these things, he'll never actually do them." Usually white people are the ones making those stupid comments. I'm not saying it's *because* they're white, but you don't hear those comments coming from blacks, latinos, etc. in general. This is not good, and it is going to translate into a lot of problems for the Republicans moving forward. Their arrogance in light of Trump's victory is staggering. (Obviously, this does not apply to all Republicans; I am speaking only in generalities here, which I think is generally though controversial, indisputable.)

The Left, however, has reacted just as poorly and for even more idiotic reasons. There are riots, protests, and the destruction of property which have followed and that is bad. The reason it's bad is both optical and substantive. Optically, breaking sh!t makes you look like a zoo animal and makes your message worthy of the same level of respect people would afford Harambe. Substantively, it's not doing a thing to meaningfully oppose Donald Trump, or the incredibly ostentatious and vile things he engaged in throughout this debate.

This is the Left's fundamental problem: it is reactionary. Reactionary politics are immature, and do not translate into long term plans. The long term plan here should be to take back congress and the oval office as soon as possible but here it is plain and clear that people are too busy bitching about how much they don't like Donald Trump. They are harassing the people who live in his buildings, breaking windows of local property owners, jumping on busses, and the like. This is stupid and immature.

More stupid and immature, however, were (1) the white girls and women who failed to vote for Donald Trump because they wanted Bernie instead; (2) the other people, generally, who wanted Bernie instead; (3) the totality of the people who would have preferred Hillary Clinton to Donald Trump. To all the stupid mouthbreathing fuckwits who voted third party because you "hated both of them" but would have preferred Hillary to Trump, this one is your fault. If you stayed home because you just assumed Hillary would win, this one is your fault. If you were a "Bernie or Bust" Millennial, and either voted third party or did not vote at all because you hate Hillary even though you would have preferred her to Trump, this one is your fault.

All of the people who fall into the above categories can be more properly categorized as "progressives." That is not to say all progressives are stupid recalcitrant neanderthals who are too mentally inept to realize the risk they have put the country in, but rather to acknowledge that THOSE LOT are the reason why Hillary lost. Additional reasons why Hillary lost are many, but the vote was depressed considerably. If you stayed home but had a preference, then you are what is wrong with America.

These are, I predict, also the same imbecilic mouth breathers who would bitch_and_moan about the lack of enough "safe spaces," and decry the structural injustice of "microaggressions" as well as whine about other, more stupid and trivial imagined social justice causes. Your finger-wagging superiority is toxic and has hurt the left and in so doing it hurt America. You lot put one of yours in charge of Clinton's campaign, and he ran it into the ground. More than anyone or anything else, Clinton's loss is the fault of the progressive left.

Shame on you. Stop protesting in my neighborhood, too. I know half of you didn't even fvcking vote anyway, so I have no respect for your opinion.
Tsar of DDO
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 11:08:27 PM
I think the violent reaction is partly due to the fact that liberals didn't prepare for this outcome, and so all their grief is compressed into a few short, emotionally charged days. Had the race seemed closer, they wouldnt feel the need to express their disbelief and outrage in such an extreme manner . I actually went to an anti trump rally at my university just to see what the atmosphere was like. Like every comment I overheard was just fcking dumb.
ken1122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 11:19:58 PM
At 11/12/2016 11:08:27 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
I think the violent reaction is partly due to the fact that liberals didn't prepare for this outcome, and so all their grief is compressed into a few short, emotionally charged days. Had the race seemed closer, they wouldnt feel the need to express their disbelief and outrage in such an extreme manner .

I believe the violent reaction is due to the fact that too many winey liberals believe they can pick and choose which laws they obey, and which laws they can disregard, as long as they are doing it in the name of social protest.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM
At 11/12/2016 10:52:43 PM, YYW wrote:
There are a lot of very good reasons to be upset, angry, and afraid right now. Those reasons relate to Donald Trump's victory in light of what he said and engaged in during the campaign, as well as the company he keeps.

Republicans have stupidly discounted this fear, and written it off as nonsense with the general line of reasoning that "Of course, even though Trump said he's going to do all these things, he'll never actually do them." Usually white people are the ones making those stupid comments. I'm not saying it's *because* they're white, but you don't hear those comments coming from blacks, latinos, etc. in general. This is not good, and it is going to translate into a lot of problems for the Republicans moving forward. Their arrogance in light of Trump's victory is staggering. (Obviously, this does not apply to all Republicans; I am speaking only in generalities here, which I think is generally though controversial, indisputable.)

The Left, however, has reacted just as poorly and for even more idiotic reasons. There are riots, protests, and the destruction of property which have followed and that is bad. The reason it's bad is both optical and substantive. Optically, breaking sh!t makes you look like a zoo animal and makes your message worthy of the same level of respect people would afford Harambe. Substantively, it's not doing a thing to meaningfully oppose Donald Trump, or the incredibly ostentatious and vile things he engaged in throughout this debate.

This is the Left's fundamental problem: it is reactionary. Reactionary politics are immature, and do not translate into long term plans. The long term plan here should be to take back congress and the oval office as soon as possible but here it is plain and clear that people are too busy bitching about how much they don't like Donald Trump. They are harassing the people who live in his buildings, breaking windows of local property owners, jumping on busses, and the like. This is stupid and immature.

More stupid and immature, however, were (1) the white girls and women who failed to vote for Donald Trump because they wanted Bernie instead; (2) the other people, generally, who wanted Bernie instead; (3) the totality of the people who would have preferred Hillary Clinton to Donald Trump. To all the stupid mouthbreathing fuckwits who voted third party because you "hated both of them" but would have preferred Hillary to Trump, this one is your fault. If you stayed home because you just assumed Hillary would win, this one is your fault. If you were a "Bernie or Bust" Millennial, and either voted third party or did not vote at all because you hate Hillary even though you would have preferred her to Trump, this one is your fault.

All of the people who fall into the above categories can be more properly categorized as "progressives." That is not to say all progressives are stupid recalcitrant neanderthals who are too mentally inept to realize the risk they have put the country in, but rather to acknowledge that THOSE LOT are the reason why Hillary lost. Additional reasons why Hillary lost are many, but the vote was depressed considerably. If you stayed home but had a preference, then you are what is wrong with America.

These are, I predict, also the same imbecilic mouth breathers who would bitch_and_moan about the lack of enough "safe spaces," and decry the structural injustice of "microaggressions" as well as whine about other, more stupid and trivial imagined social justice causes. Your finger-wagging superiority is toxic and has hurt the left and in so doing it hurt America. You lot put one of yours in charge of Clinton's campaign, and he ran it into the ground. More than anyone or anything else, Clinton's loss is the fault of the progressive left.

Shame on you. Stop protesting in my neighborhood, too. I know half of you didn't even fvcking vote anyway, so I have no respect for your opinion.

I agree with most of this.

I am glad people are protesting. I would have been too if I was able. I am not glad people are being violent and destructive.

This election has been the only compelling evidence I have seen that millenials are entitled. They dumped on Hillary all through the election expecting that she would get elected anyways and now they are ticked that she couldn't get elected without their support. The left engages in politics that alienates the mainstream and then complains when the mainstream embraces someone with different politics. Groups like BLM just expect that they will win because they are right, disregarding the necessity of coalition building and actually making compelling arguments. Turns out thett was right when he repeatedly said shutting down the trump event in Chicago was the left doing Trump a favor. Turns out BLM disrupting political events makes people not want to cooperate with the group.

But ultimately I think this is the GOPs fault. The GOP has stoked the racial and conspiratorial sentiment underlying trumpism for 8 years and now they reap what they sow. It was their responsibility to field a candidate worthy of the office and they failed. Maybe Trump turns out to be a reasonable right wing president (and I very sincerely hope he does, I really hope all the fear is unjustified) but if the worst case predictions turn out to be true then the blood is on the hands of every GOP politician that failed to denounce trump.

Yeah I'm pretty sick of the left, all this "should have been Bernie" nonsense is just an abrogation of responsibility and a confirmation of the worst stereotypes of the left.
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 4:16:06 AM
At 11/12/2016 10:53:16 PM, YYW wrote:
tl;dr to the progressive left: get off my lawn.

Yes, Narcissistic Rage is very childish
The "sub" groups will turn on each other as soon as they perceive any form of success or failure, no problem.
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 4:31:41 AM
At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
thett was right
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 4:40:44 AM

We haven't agreed on much, but the OP is pretty much spot on.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 4:50:50 AM
At 11/13/2016 4:44:40 AM, Death23 wrote:
I think it's your fault for not doing more to get Hillary elected.

lol no one cares what you think.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 4:51:53 AM
At 11/13/2016 4:40:44 AM, RookieApologist wrote:

We haven't agreed on much, but the OP is pretty much spot on.

You and I probably hate the progressive left about the same. They're bad for the Democrats, and worse for America.
Tsar of DDO
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 4:56:37 AM

What's the difference between a regressive leftist and a progressive leftist? I see them used interchangeably sometimes.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 4:57:50 AM
At 11/13/2016 4:56:37 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

What's the difference between a regressive leftist and a progressive leftist? I see them used interchangeably sometimes.

They're pretty much the same thing. Regressive left is a derogative term to describe progressives.
Tsar of DDO
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 4:59:39 AM
At 11/13/2016 4:57:50 AM, YYW wrote:

They're pretty much the same thing. Regressive left is a derogative term to describe progressives.

That's dumb. "Regressive" and "progressive" are used as opposites outside of this context, not interchangeably.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 6:29:51 AM
At 11/13/2016 4:59:39 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/13/2016 4:57:50 AM, YYW wrote:

That's dumb. "Regressive" and "progressive" are used as opposites outside of this context, not interchangeably.

Well, I call them mouth breathing fuckwits.... which I prefer to "regressive."
Tsar of DDO
Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 9:02:09 AM
There are riots, protests, and the destruction of property which have followed and that is bad. The reason it's bad is...

No more needs to be said after this. The fact that you have to explain why riots and senseless destruction of property is bad, that alone should be a wake-up call.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 11:45:01 AM

To all the stupid mouthbreathing fuckwits who voted third party because you "hated both of them" but would have preferred Hillary to Trump, this one is your fault.

This is 100% BS. If you pretend to understand the electoral college you'd know neither Johnson nor Stein would have tipped the scale. Hillary lost on her own merits - she failed to rally her base.

If you were a "Bernie or Bust" Millennial, and either voted third party or did not vote at all because you hate Hillary even though you would have preferred her to Trump, this one is your fault.

Cali went to Clinton, not my fault. Perhaps the DNC should have went with a candidate that actually inspired people?

Perhaps the many reasons why Hillary lost is what caused a lack of voter turn out. Instead of blaming voters blame the candidate. You're no better than the whiny millennials you criticize.

Progressive under the Bernie flag is starting to form. It's in its infancy and by definition immature, but it's pretty damn clear the neo-liberal corporate agenda that Hillary represents is no longer going to be tolerated by the burgeoning left.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 3:11:20 PM
At 11/13/2016 11:45:01 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

To all the stupid mouthbreathing fuckwits who voted third party because you "hated both of them" but would have preferred Hillary to Trump, this one is your fault.

This is 100% BS. If you pretend to understand the electoral college you'd know neither Johnson nor Stein would have tipped the scale. Hillary lost on her own merits - she failed to rally her base.

Pity you must not think before you walk.
Tsar of DDO
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 6:23:12 PM

Yup. Trump and his band of cronies are in charge now. People can speculate but no one knows what he will do, or if he will do the ill advised things he has talked about. People are acting like their favorite contestant won American Idol. This is a serious decision not a realty show! Even the biggest Trump supporters must have some very serious concerns.

I think Protesting is good as long as it is done peacefully. Violent protests have the opposite affect. If you do not even have the temperament to protest, how can you criticize Donald for not having the temperament to be President.

People who do not vote or "protest vote" when they care about who wins the election are the worst. Bernie or Bust people are definitely to blame. There are also many people who belong to team "sane GOP" who probably preferred Clinton and voted third party because they did not want to betray your team. Anyone did not vote Clinton is to blame.

I think people resort to identity politics too much. Clinton was the clear choice, but she does not make people feel part of something. It was more fun for Bernie people or sane GOPers to protest vote than to be responsible.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 11:03:38 PM
At 11/13/2016 3:11:20 PM, YYW wrote:

Acerbic little b!tch as usual. What a grand contradiction you believe, 3rd parties are so insignificant there's no point voting for them, yet they tip the scales so dramatically it's their fault everything went wrong! You switched sides and still lost - boo friggen whoo.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 12:59:53 AM
At 11/13/2016 11:03:38 PM, Bennett91 wrote:

Acerbic little b!tch as usual. What a grand contradiction you believe, 3rd parties are so insignificant there's no point voting for them, yet they tip the scales so dramatically it's their fault everything went wrong! You switched sides and still lost - boo friggen whoo.

So sour.
Tsar of DDO
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 1:27:50 AM
At 11/14/2016 12:59:53 AM, YYW wrote:

So sour.

Lol from the looks of the OP and your inability to take criticism you're the sour one.
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 1:47:21 AM

All of the people who fall into the above categories can be more properly categorized as "progressives." That is not to say all progressives are stupid recalcitrant neanderthals who are too mentally inept to realize the risk they have put the country in, but rather to acknowledge that THOSE LOT are the reason why Hillary lost. Additional reasons why Hillary lost are many, but the vote was depressed considerably.

If you stayed home but had a preference, then you are what is wrong with America.

This, especially if they're now complaining.

What of the people who voted Johnson, Stein, Castle, McMullin, or whomever else because they legitimately believed in their politics? I was able to turn in my ballot knowing that I hadn't given in to the "lesser of two evils" rhetoric, and had supported a candidate that legitimately aligned with my political ideology. Literally everyone in the nation MUST have had some sort of preference, however slight. I personally preferred Hillary to Trump (though I hate both with a burning passion). This doesn't mean I'll submit myself to rhetoric regarding my voice being irrelevant since my candidate didn't win. On the contrary; as a libertarian I am thrilled with the fact that people such as yourself blame my vote for Hillary's loss. It means my vote did matter. It has had an impact.

Do you still believes voters such as myself that voted because their candidate of choice represented their beliefs are to blame?
-warren42

"Give me liberty. That's it. I can handle the rest."
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 1:52:12 AM
At 11/14/2016 1:27:50 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

So sour.

Lol from the looks of the OP and your inability to take criticism you're the sour one.

Very passive aggressive.
Tsar of DDO
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 2:12:48 AM
At 11/14/2016 1:52:12 AM, YYW wrote:

So sour.

Very passive aggressive.

From the king himself!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 2:19:12 AM
At 11/14/2016 2:12:48 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

So sour.

Very passive aggressive.

From the king himself!

This is fun and all, but I think you're taking this way too personally.
Tsar of DDO
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 3:10:05 AM
At 11/14/2016 2:19:12 AM, YYW wrote:

So sour.

Very passive aggressive.

From the king himself!

Sorry if I take personal insults personally. But go on pretending you're not salty blaming everyone for Clinton's loss.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 3:11:39 AM
At 11/14/2016 3:10:05 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

So sour.

Very passive aggressive.

From the king himself!

Sorry if I take personal insults personally. But go on pretending you're not salty blaming everyone for Clinton's loss.

A personal insult would be like "Bennett is a mouth breathing fuckwit who chokes on cock every time he tries to open his mouth."

A personal insult is not "People who do [x] are to blame for [y]."

You need to chill.
Tsar of DDO
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 3:15:01 AM
At 11/14/2016 3:11:39 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/14/2016 3:10:05 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

So sour.

Very passive aggressive.

From the king himself!

A personal insult would be like "Bennett is a mouth breathing fuckwit who chokes on cock every time he tries to open his mouth."

A personal insult is not "People who do [x] are to blame for [y]."

You need to chill.

So when you said to me "Pity you must not think before you walk." that wasn't directed at me? Ha. What a clown.

No need for me to chill when you're the one blaming everyone else for Clinton's failure.