Jump to topic:

Wow, America

twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 5:14:05 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
The United States electing Trump to be President is extremely foolish. Regardless of what policies they have, the President should be an ambassador for the country. Electing someone who has conducted himself the way he has, is way beyond embarrassing for the nation.

An ignoramus may be able to get by being President. However President's usually have run on a more clear platform and have decent advisers. Speculation on Trump's cabinet has been leaked and it looks like it is going to be his F-list cronies (Carson, Flynn, Palin and Giuliani were mentioned). Surrounding Trump with other clowns that worship him is a bad recipe to keep him in and the country in check.

A dangerous thing about Trump's Presidency is no one knows for sure what he wants to do or if he has any plan at all. There are people who only voted for him soley to appoint conservative christian judges, and there are those that voted for him thinking that Trump will never do that as he is deep down a social progressive. Some people voted for him to build a wall, and some voted for him assuming that Trump never even try to.

An ever partisan GOP controlling congress can lead to bad news. In the past, the GOP was able to go full crazy because Obama would keep them in check. They could rally their base with stupid policy ideas that resonate, but could never get the most damaging ones passed. Even if Trump is liberal, he will not want to disappoint his base by vetoing a Tea Party sponsored bill.

There is hope. This could result in positive change. This may force the GOP & Trump to be responsible. Now that they are in charge, the GOP & Trump can no longer only point the finger, play the victim, and complain. They actually have to create solutions. For example, many economists think that Obama's stimulus was too small and more is needed. The GOP has been actively blocking stimulus under Obama. Even Trump has criticized stimulus spending. Yet, it seems like Trump may be a Keynesian. It is funny to think that so many people who identify as libertarians may have voted for a Authoritarian, Keynesian, with Christian social values.

The DNC also needs reform. Clinton should never have won the nomination. She does not have the "it" factor a candidate needs as she is a fuucking bitch. Hopefully this is a wake up call so the Dems can produce the candidate to give Trump the proper dismantlement that he deserves (someone like Joe Biden). The Dems need to avoid spiraling downward into SJWism and partisan nonsense like the GOP did. Kanye West may be able to create a "movement" like Trump, but he should not be the President in 2020.

Trump won this election because white working class felt they had a voice in him. The Dems need to win these people back. However, that it easier said than done. It is not as simple as listening to them and speaking the truth to them. Trump does not "tell it like it is". Rather, Trump tells these people exactly what they wanted to hear. Trump blatantly pandered to these people's biases, delusions, fears and fantasies with over the top nonsense.

I think the saddest thing about this is that Trump won because of support from people whom he does not care about. Trump has been part of the elite his whole life. Trump just saw an opportunity to hijack the Presidency to gain more status/power/fame for himself, his family and cronies. Trump supporters celebrate like their favorite sports team won a championship, having no idea what they have done. The USA looks like a pathetic nation to the world. It looks like the country got played by Putin and that the people of the country fell victim to a con man.

I do not believe the world is ending. However, the world and the USA are significantly worse off than before. I wonder whether Trump and his team can handle a crisis (recession, war, mass protests, terrorist attack). I also wonder if Putin will continue meddling with the USA. Maybe he will purposely try to manipulate Trump (what if it is leaked that Putin's enemies are insulting Trump?). I do not believe Trump has the temperament to lead.

It will be entertaining at least to see what happens next. I do not think this is a good thing. Running a country like a realty show is no way to do things. Everything may well work out fine. Yet, the brand of the USA is significantly damaged with this election.
Lynx_N
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 8:37:33 PM
The days of seeing some levelheaded, sane, well articulated, intelligent person elected President of the United States are OVER.
Welcome to the SHOW.
Bronto?
Congrats.

poet
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 9:27:43 PM
At 11/13/2016 5:14:05 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
The United States electing Trump to be President is extremely foolish. Regardless of what policies they have, the President should be an ambassador for the country.
Thanks for your input Mr. Globalist.
Electing someone who has conducted himself the way he has, is way beyond embarrassing for the nation.

Again, thank you for your opinion Mr. Globalist.
An ignoramus may be able to get by being President. However Presidents usually have run on a more clear platform and have decent advisers. Speculation on Trump's cabinet has been leaked and it looks like it is going to be his F-list cronies (Carson, Flynn, Palin and Giuliani were mentioned). Surrounding Trump with other clowns that worship him is a bad recipe to keep him in and the country in check.

Don't forget to include Paul Ryan and soon-to-be former president Obama in the list of advisors.
A dangerous thing about Trump's Presidency is no one knows for sure what he wants to do or if he has any plan at all.
Yah, its really hard to make sense between what he says and what the media says... I don't blame you for being confused.
There are people who only voted for him solely to appoint conservative christian judges, and there are those that voted for him thinking that Trump will never do that as he is deep down a social progressive. Some people voted for him to build a wall, and some voted for him assuming that Trump never even try to.

An ever partisan GOP controlling congress can lead to bad news. In the past, the GOP was able to go full crazy because Obama would keep them in check.
Yep, every policy proposed by the GOP is full on crazy. There's not a single one that a partisan liberal can get behind.
They could rally their base with stupid policy ideas that resonate, but could never get the most damaging ones passed. Even if Trump is liberal, he will not want to disappoint his base by vetoing a Tea Party sponsored bill.

There is hope. This could result in positive change. This may force the GOP & Trump to be responsible. Now that they are in charge, the GOP & Trump can no longer only point the finger, play the victim, and complain.
You might be right because Trump proves you can't run a legacy on "Blame Bush(or blame X), I inherited this..."
They actually have to create solutions. For example, many economists think that Obama's stimulus was too small and more is needed. The GOP has been actively blocking stimulus under Obama. Even Trump has criticized stimulus spending. Yet, it seems like Trump may be a Keynesian. It is funny to think that so many people who identify as libertarians may have voted for a Authoritarian, Keynesian, with Christian social values.

Tax cuts...government pork stimulus... it's all the same Keynesian idea of trickle down... only that tax cuts assumes the public is less corrupt and more responsible than DC.
The DNC also needs reform. Clinton should never have won the nomination. She does not have the "it" factor a candidate needs as she is a fuucking bitch. Hopefully this is a wake up call so the Dems can produce the candidate to give Trump the proper dismantlement that he deserves (someone like Joe Biden). The Dems need to avoid spiraling downward into SJWism and partisan nonsense like the GOP did.
As long as Trump wisely continues to endorse the silly SJW protests while condemning the violence, you will not be able to get a responsible DNC mandate to emerge.
Kanye West may be able to create a "movement" like Trump, but he should not be the President in 2020.

Trump won this election because white working class felt they had a voice in him. The Dems need to win these people back. However, that it easier said than done. It is not as simple as listening to them and speaking the truth to them. Trump does not "tell it like it is". Rather, Trump tells these people exactly what they wanted to hear. Trump blatantly pandered to these people's biases, delusions, fears and fantasies with over the top nonsense.

What do you have to lose?
I think the saddest thing about this is that Trump won because of support from people whom he does not care about. Trump has been part of the elite his whole life.
The working elite, not the ruling iron fist royalty.
Trump just saw an opportunity to hijack the Presidency to gain more status/power/fame for himself, his family and cronies.
He earned it.
Trump supporters celebrate like their favorite sports team won a championship, having no idea what they have done.
We made MAGA happen.
The USA looks like a pathetic nation to the world.
Again thanks for your opinion Mr. "Let's become a vassal to the 'Globe.'"
It looks like the country got played by Putin and that the people of the country fell victim to a con man.

Thankfully, our new alliance with Putin will mean true global peace.
I do not believe the world is ending. However, the world...
Yes, I agree, the world is worse off with the ending of traditional American global subsidies in the form of free military defense and bad trade deals...

...the USA are significantly worse off than before. I wonder whether Trump and his team can handle a crisis (recession, war, mass protests, terrorist attack). I also wonder if Putin will continue meddling with the USA. Maybe he will purposely try to manipulate Trump (what if it is leaked that Putin's enemies are insulting Trump?). I do not believe Trump has the temperament to lead.

Putin is really strong on that sneaky covert manipulation with that public "reconciliation" speech he recently gave...oh so sinister the plot!!!
It will be entertaining at least to see what happens next. I do not think this is a good thing. Running a country like a realty show is no way to do things. Everything may well work out fine. Yet, the brand of the USA is significantly damaged with this election.

I'm going to continue to enjoy the reality of SJW tears in the streets.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 10:13:32 PM
Trump is literally Hitler. If you deny that, you're an idiot. It's the same utter inhumanity; the same self-seeking. But I mean I guess that's what it's come down to. ISIS and the BLM madness; where's fellow man in any of that? And so I'll take less of the Kumbaya and a little bit more race wars, please. Between Brexit and Trump, world politics has taken a pretty scary turn. I don't know should we be very entertained by any of this.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 10:15:52 PM
I mean Trump ain't really Hitler. And I don't even think he's just a huge narcissist like you're making out. But he's still literally Hitler.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 10:20:23 PM
I actually kind of like Trump as a person, to be honest. And I think there's sensible politics behind everything he's talking about. But I also think he's after tapping into something that he might not be able to control.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 10:20:50 PM
At 11/13/2016 10:13:32 PM, Devilry wrote:
Trump is literally Hitler. If you deny that, you're an idiot. It's the same utter inhumanity; the same self-seeking. But I mean I guess that's what it's come down to. ISIS and the BLM madness; where's fellow man in any of that? And so I'll take less of the Kumbaya and a little bit more race wars, please. Between Brexit and Trump, world politics has taken a pretty scary turn. I don't know should we be very entertained by any of this.

Trump being elected is very concerning and has made the USA very vulnerable. I was not being genuine. I believe Trump is more like Silvio Berlusconi than Hitler. Yet, watching this election, helps one understand how someone like Hitler could come to power.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 10:25:18 PM
At 11/13/2016 10:20:50 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 11/13/2016 10:13:32 PM, Devilry wrote:

Trump being elected is very concerning and has made the USA very vulnerable. I was not being genuine. I believe Trump is more like Silvio Berlusconi than Hitler. Yet, watching this election, helps one understand how someone like Hitler could come to power.

I meant to say that I was not being genuine when I said that this will be entertaining.

Yet, I feel may people voted for Trump because he was fun to watch in the primaries.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 10:27:25 PM
Don't worry about it. I thought he was hilarious, and am hugely interested in how this all turns out. But it's like, I know I shouldn't be, you know? :D
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 10:31:56 PM
At 11/13/2016 10:27:25 PM, Devilry wrote:
Don't worry about it. I thought he was hilarious, and am hugely interested in how this all turns out. But it's like, I know I shouldn't be, you know? :D

It is either gonna be a tragedy or a comedy. But if it is a tragedy a lot of people actually gonna are suffer. It may very well end in a tragedy. People should be concerned. Yet I hope it is a comedy.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 10:58:28 PM
It was nice that Hillary actually didn't win; after all she's pro-war and has a terrible record completely engulfed by scandal. But Trump is most definitely a fraud who will (I think) disappoint many of the people who voted for him...at least if certain business ventures, like Trump university, are to be considered. Overall he has a strong record of trickery and not actually doing what he said he would/should do.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 11:51:02 PM
At 11/13/2016 10:58:28 PM, Emilrose wrote:
It was nice that Hillary actually didn't win; after all she's pro-war and has a terrible record completely engulfed by scandal. But Trump is most definitely a fraud who will (I think) disappoint many of the people who voted for him...at least if certain business ventures, like Trump university, are to be considered. Overall he has a strong record of trickery and not actually doing what he said he would/should do.

As awful as Hillary was, at least she was sane, levelheaded, and knowledgeable. She had been a part of 2 administrations. I think Trump is the kind of guy who is fun to root for, support, and claim will be a good President. However, the realty is he and his team are in control now. He and his team are much less competent than all the "stupid politicians" he criticized.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 12:21:38 AM
At 11/13/2016 11:51:02 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

As awful as Hillary was, at least she was sane, levelheaded, and knowledgeable. She had been a part of 2 administrations. I think Trump is the kind of guy who is fun to root for, support, and claim will be a good President. However, the realty is he and his team are in control now. He and his team are much less competent than all the "stupid politicians" he criticized.

Yes, that's true. I think people more or less knew what they would get with Hillary and in that respect she was a safer option; and the experience is there.

When Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich (not to mention Giuliani) are considerations for key cabinet positions...things are pretty bad.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 12:38:08 AM

Eh...trump University is not nearly the fraud as Obamacare scam.

At least he has more successes than failures.
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 1:05:43 AM
--China reached out to Trump and said he looks forward to "win-win cooperation"
--Mexico/Canada both said they are willing to renegotiate NAFTA.
--Trump told S. Korea, "U.S. will stand with South Korea "100 percent."
--Trump and Japanese PM both say, they both are "committed to continue U.S.-Japan cooperation on Asia-Pacific security"
--Russia, ready to restore US-Russian relations.(obviously)
--Israel, reacted by calling Trump a "true friend of the state of Israel
--Syria, "ready to co-operate with the US"

TPP is dead in the water

-----------
Trump has said he plans on keeping the college-student clause from ACA and pre-existing conditions. I can't see a negative in this?

Trump is forfeiting his 1.6 million that the President is paid.
-------------------------

I'd say he's already done a lot before he's gotten into office.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 1:09:05 AM
At 11/14/2016 12:38:08 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Well...the two things are pretty different; Trump university was seemingly just created for the purpose of scamming people, so he's an obvious fraud.

I think in real estate he's had success but other business ventures seem to have failed quite greatly.

vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 1:15:35 AM
At 11/14/2016 1:09:05 AM, Emilrose wrote:

Well...the two things are pretty different; Trump university was seemingly just created for the purpose of scamming people, so he's an obvious fraud.

Laureate University was okay for the Clinton's though (fraud lawsuit similar to Trump U dismissed 2015). Apparently the precedent is set, he'll be alright.

I think in real estate he's had success but other business ventures seem to have failed quite greatly.
RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 1:22:36 AM
At 11/14/2016 1:05:43 AM, vortex86 wrote:
--Trump and Japanese PM both say, they both are "committed to continue U.S.-Japan cooperation on Asia-Pacific security"

TPP is dead in the water

-----------
Trump has said he plans on keeping the college-student clause from ACA and pre-existing conditions. I can't see a negative in this?

This. I'm not, nor ever was, a big Trump fanboy, but I don't think it's going to be near the disaster that the leftists are claiming it to be.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 1:24:25 AM
At 11/13/2016 9:27:43 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
The United States electing Trump to be President is extremely foolish. Regardless of what policies they have, the President should be an ambassador for the country.
Thanks for your input Mr. Globalist.

It always fascinates me how people parrot Alex Jones calling people 'globalists'. As if America is an island that has no impact on the rest of the world nor responsibility that that impact is positive rather than negative for humanity. As if only America matters and the world is just an inconvenience.

Yah, its really hard to make sense between what he says and what the media says... I don't blame you for being confused.

It would help if Trump didn't directly contradict himself so many times. No media interpretation required: [https://www.youtube.com...] [https://www.youtube.com...]

The USA looks like a pathetic nation to the world.
Again thanks for your opinion Mr. "Let's become a vassal to the 'Globe.'"

You think the American Empire in any way resembles a vassal?

It looks like the country got played by Putin and that the people of the country fell victim to a con man.

Thankfully, our new alliance with Putin will mean true global peace.

Ah yes, because annexing Georgia and Crimea and moving troops into Syria (to fight anti-Assad rebels but not ISIS [https://www.theguardian.com...]) screams peace.

Yes, I agree, the world is worse off with the ending of traditional American global subsidies in the form of free military defense and bad trade deals...

It's cute that you think those military bases are 'free' and how no value to US hegemony. You want to cut the strings of the American Empire and still think it won't be a vassal to a world full of expanding rivals?

In terms of bad trade deals, those were crafted for the benefit of the rich like Donald Trump, not the average American. To say Donald is going to diminish those results is a claim that he'll shoot himself in the foot.

Putin is really strong on that sneaky covert manipulation with that public "reconciliation" speech he recently gave...oh so sinister the plot!!!

Putin knows how to play the public game. He's not over burdened with pride, especially when it comes to charming a narcissist who stands in his way to regional dominance and future European gains.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 2:43:05 AM
At 11/14/2016 1:24:25 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

It's cute that you think those military bases are 'free' and how no value to US hegemony. You want to cut the strings of the American Empire and still think it won't be a vassal to a world full of expanding rivals?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 2:44:51 AM

triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 2:47:56 AM
The United States electing Trump to be President is extremely foolish. Regardless of what policies they have, the President should be an ambassador for the country. Electing someone who has conducted himself the way he has, is way beyond embarrassing for the nation.

An ignoramus may be able to get by being President. However President's usually have run on a more clear platform and have decent advisers. Speculation on Trump's cabinet has been leaked and it looks like it is going to be his F-list cronies (Carson, Flynn, Palin and Giuliani were mentioned). Surrounding Trump with other clowns that worship him is a bad recipe to keep him in and the country in check.

A dangerous thing about Trump's Presidency is no one knows for sure what he wants to do or if he has any plan at all. There are people who only voted for him soley to appoint conservative christian judges, and there are those that voted for him thinking that Trump will never do that as he is deep down a social progressive. Some people voted for him to build a wall, and some voted for him assuming that Trump never even try to.

An ever partisan GOP controlling congress can lead to bad news. In the past, the GOP was able to go full crazy because Obama would keep them in check. They could rally their base with stupid policy ideas that resonate, but could never get the most damaging ones passed. Even if Trump is liberal, he will not want to disappoint his base by vetoing a Tea Party sponsored bill.

There is hope. This could result in positive change. This may force the GOP & Trump to be responsible. Now that they are in charge, the GOP & Trump can no longer only point the finger, play the victim, and complain. They actually have to create solutions. For example, many economists think that Obama's stimulus was too small and more is needed. The GOP has been actively blocking stimulus under Obama. Even Trump has criticized stimulus spending. Yet, it seems like Trump may be a Keynesian. It is funny to think that so many people who identify as libertarians may have voted for a Authoritarian, Keynesian, with Christian social values.

The DNC also needs reform. Clinton should never have won the nomination. She does not have the "it" factor a candidate needs as she is a fuucking bitch. Hopefully this is a wake up call so the Dems can produce the candidate to give Trump the proper dismantlement that he deserves (someone like Joe Biden). The Dems need to avoid spiraling downward into SJWism and partisan nonsense like the GOP did. Kanye West may be able to create a "movement" like Trump, but he should not be the President in 2020.

I think the saddest thing about this is that Trump won because of support from people whom he does not care about. Trump has been part of the elite his whole life. Trump just saw an opportunity to hijack the Presidency to gain more status/power/fame for himself, his family and cronies. Trump supporters celebrate like their favorite sports team won a championship, having no idea what they have done. The USA looks like a pathetic nation to the world. It looks like the country got played by Putin and that the people of the country fell victim to a con man.

I do not believe the world is ending. However, the world and the USA are significantly worse off than before. I wonder whether Trump and his team can handle a crisis (recession, war, mass protests, terrorist attack). I also wonder if Putin will continue meddling with the USA. Maybe he will purposely try to manipulate Trump (what if it is leaked that Putin's enemies are insulting Trump?). I do not believe Trump has the temperament to lead.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 2:50:15 AM

What was the fraud? That people thought they could get an accredited degree from the company? Who has access to $60,000 and can't figure that one out? Must be nice to be both stupid and rich....
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 3:12:02 AM
At 11/14/2016 2:43:05 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 11/14/2016 1:24:25 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

Down for the count I see. GG nub.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 10:58:00 PM
At 11/14/2016 1:22:36 AM, RookieApologist wrote:
At 11/14/2016 1:05:43 AM, vortex86 wrote:

TPP is dead in the water

-----------

This. I'm not, nor ever was, a big Trump fanboy, but I don't think it's going to be near the disaster that the leftists are claiming it to be.

The majority of those "reasons" were other countries calling the newly elected President, which other countries always do no matter what.

Trump is surrounding himself with F-list cronies (Bannon, ect). Sarah Palin may may the cut.

It was reported that Trump did not think he would make it past October 2015, and Trump planned to endorse Christie. Also reported that Trump what no idea what the President does and was surprised by the scope of the job.
Danbury
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 12:59:28 AM
Donald Trump is a conman and a sociopath. Trump, w/o a conscience, conned a large swath of the American public, and they will find out that they were conned soon enough.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 1:04:56 AM
At 11/15/2016 12:59:28 AM, Danbury wrote:
Donald Trump is a conman and a sociopath. Trump, w/o a conscience, conned a large swath of the American public, and they will find out that they were conned soon enough.

+1
Danbury
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 1:09:34 AM
What was the fraud? Why haven't you bothered to find out what the claims are if you are going to comment on the issue?
vortex86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 1:28:20 AM
At 11/15/2016 1:10:48 AM, Danbury wrote:
Btw, the president's salary is $400K, not $1.6 million.

That's per year and a President's term is 4 years... I didn't think that needed to be explained.