Jump to topic:

Warren-Trump Coalition?

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 8:32:06 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
She can't fight him on the thing that he will fight her most intensely on (immigration), so I see this as largely an attempt to offer a coalition which allows Trump to further bypass traditional Republican influence. With a Warren-led faction in the Senate backing his 'Trumpist' economic policies, he could accomplish a lot more than most people would expect. Has Pocahontas found her John Smith?

I really can't wait until January.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 2:57:56 PM
That's a clever quote you got there, Skepsikyma.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 1:47:57 AM
At 11/14/2016 2:57:56 PM, Devilry wrote:
That's a clever quote you got there, Skepsikyma.

Lol, my sig?
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 2:15:10 AM
At 11/14/2016 8:32:06 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

She can't fight him on the thing that he will fight her most intensely on (immigration), so I see this as largely an attempt to offer a coalition which allows Trump to further bypass traditional Republican influence. With a Warren-led faction in the Senate backing his 'Trumpist' economic policies, he could accomplish a lot more than most people would expect. Has Pocahontas found her John Smith?

I really can't wait until January.

Nah, I think Trump's gonna renege on most of his campaign rhetoric and become your typical establishment Republican president.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid