Jump to topic:

Why Donald Trump Won The Election *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 4:39:16 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
Let us go back to the year 2008. Many people even then on the Far Right were already questioning the profile of Barack Obama. The White Nationalist movement started under The Bush Administration. He was actually a representation of the White
Hierarchy. And some saw Obama was an inversion to that. The good news is that the economy was so bad then, that nobody wanted another Republican in power around that time which led to Obamas victory in 2008 and 2012. Now here we are in the year 2016. The cultural norms have shifted dramatically putting a lot of White Americans at a noticeable unease. Black television shows. Blacks on commercials. Blacks dominating the political scene as well as Hispanics. Blacks got in places where Whites use to be.
Note Steve Harvey being host of Family Feud, and Alfonso Ribeiro as host of Americas Funniest Home Videos. It was obvious that some felt left out of the circle.
The Liberal Establishment insulted many White Americans. And so did the media. The people who live in the Rust Belt, or Fly Over Zone also know as The Great Lake States were marginalized, and disrespected time and time again. They were called uneducated, stupid, outdated, and narrow minded. They were jeered rather than revered. Not to mention left for dead in an economic downturn that has never really recovered over the past 40 years. So Trump comes along, and he played on those fears. He catered to that specific demographic of people as well as the disenfranchised people of color who were in the same area. This man got 13% of the Blacks to vote for him on election day, and about 35% Hispanics. This was enough to get him over the hump. The same numbers that Obama put up were Higher than Hillary's. So she didn't stand a chance, and her baggage didn't help either. People just got fed up with the Clintons. And they said, no more of this nonsense.
So Trump won. This is the real reason why he won. Okay. Any comments ? =)
Cubswin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 5:19:37 PM
We The People wanted change,..simple. Look at the election result map..County by County.. not State by State. The county by county results tell the tale and the liberal media refuses to show that. I agree with you..the People had enough of the BS.. the two party system,... well, half the American people did!...that voted! Half did not vote!

Trump is affiliated with the Republicans but by no means is in bed with them. That can be argued to infinity but I do not believe he is their puppet. He is not a puppet for anyone ...unlike the establishment candidates Clintons and Bush's and others

Trump took on a deeply entrenched media mostly liberal propaganda machine consisting of the nations Newspapers and Magazines and Network TV = NBC, CBS and ABC , MSNBC,....and CNN and FOX which swings right primarily but many at FOX disliked him. Lastly Hollywood tried and failed to dump Trump with their celebrity status, media and film exposure but they couldn't even do it!

What Trump did is unprecedented and astonishing and could only be accomplished by a Revolution of the People that were disgusted with the corporate two party system and their political puppets. No guillotines were used,...just a simple message by a brave very wealthy candidate who had the guts to bring his message on LIVE TV!!!

It's not complicated, it's not rocket science as to why it happened... like you said.. the People were fed up! Trump seized on that anger and used it to his advantage. A simple tool provided the avenue to get change... Voting. Trump is a genius! He beat the system!

No political party or individual or their use of mass media is bigger than WE THE PEOPLE! This election proved that. I am laughing all day at TV and Social media who thought they could sway votes with their propaganda. The American people saw right through that BS!

The amount of minority votes Trump got is astounding! Unbelievable! The media was exposed during this election for what they are... propaganda machines and full of bias! The media does provide a great service...they give us breaking news but during this election they were badly exposed for what they are.... elitist jerks who look down on American citizens as peasants!

Who is the peasant now??? :)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 5:27:24 PM
At 11/14/2016 5:19:37 PM, Cubswin wrote:
We The People wanted change,..simple. Look at the election result map..County by County.. not State by State. The county by county results tell the tale and the liberal media refuses to show that. I agree with you..the People had enough of the BS.. the two party system,... well, half the American people did!...that voted! Half did not vote!

Trump is affiliated with the Republicans but by no means is in bed with them. That can be argued to infinity but I do not believe he is their puppet. He is not a puppet for anyone ...unlike the establishment candidates Clintons and Bush's and others

Trump took on a deeply entrenched media mostly liberal propaganda machine consisting of the nations Newspapers and Magazines and Network TV = NBC, CBS and ABC , MSNBC,....and CNN and FOX which swings right primarily but many at FOX disliked him. Lastly Hollywood tried and failed to dump Trump with their celebrity status, media and film exposure but they couldn't even do it!

What Trump did is unprecedented and astonishing and could only be accomplished by a Revolution of the People that were disgusted with the corporate two party system and their political puppets. No guillotines were used,...just a simple message by a brave very wealthy candidate who had the guts to bring his message on LIVE TV!!!

It's not complicated, it's not rocket science as to why it happened... like you said.. the People were fed up! Trump seized on that anger and used it to his advantage. A simple tool provided the avenue to get change... Voting. Trump is a genius! He beat the system!

No political party or individual or their use of mass media is bigger than WE THE PEOPLE! This election proved that. I am laughing all day at TV and Social media who thought they could sway votes with their propaganda. The American people saw right through that BS!

The amount of minority votes Trump got is astounding! Unbelievable! The media was exposed during this election for what they are... propaganda machines and full of bias! The media does provide a great service...they give us breaking news but during this election they were badly exposed for what they are.... elitist jerks who look down on American citizens as peasants!

Of course. But there are other factors that came into play that you cannot deny.
The White Hierarchy was threatened by people of color. Trump was seen as the Savior of the White Race. He was the Republicans version of Barack Obama.
Another politician who also ran on the theme of (change). The Rust Belt has been fucked over and left for dead for many years now. And people did not want the establishment back in the White House. They were sick of Clintons baggage, and her issues. So Trump was more of an appeal. He gave them a voice because they felt like they were unheard. Comments ?
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 7:03:48 PM

And you must remember 49% of the Democrats did not vote......at all. =)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 9:37:06 PM

Nice points of views. Now explain to me why there were over 200 hate crimes the days after the election. Idiot.
idoubtit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 10:36:36 PM
At 11/14/2016 9:37:06 PM, inferno wrote:

Nice points of views. Now explain to me why there were over 200 hate crimes the days after the election. Idiot.

Hate crimes against conservatives, republicans, Christians, patriots, and whites have been ongoing throughout this election (and before), not just since the election. I'm surprised there hasn't been a lot more backlash. Personally. I'm glad that we'll have an administration that won't persecute people if they dare defend themselves or object to being attacked.
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 10:46:25 PM
At 11/14/2016 4:39:16 PM, inferno wrote:
Let us go back to the year 2008. Many people even then on the Far Right were already questioning the profile of Barack Obama. The White Nationalist movement started under The Bush Administration. He was actually a representation of the White
Hierarchy. And some saw Obama was an inversion to that. The good news is that the economy was so bad then, that nobody wanted another Republican in power around that time which led to Obamas victory in 2008 and 2012. Now here we are in the year 2016. The cultural norms have shifted dramatically putting a lot of White Americans at a noticeable unease. Black television shows. Blacks on commercials. Blacks dominating the political scene as well as Hispanics. Blacks got in places where Whites use to be.
Note Steve Harvey being host of Family Feud, and Alfonso Ribeiro as host of Americas Funniest Home Videos. It was obvious that some felt left out of the circle.
The Liberal Establishment insulted many White Americans. And so did the media. The people who live in the Rust Belt, or Fly Over Zone also know as The Great Lake States were marginalized, and disrespected time and time again. They were called uneducated, stupid, outdated, and narrow minded. They were jeered rather than revered. Not to mention left for dead in an economic downturn that has never really recovered over the past 40 years. So Trump comes along, and he played on those fears. He catered to that specific demographic of people as well as the disenfranchised people of color who were in the same area. This man got 13% of the Blacks to vote for him on election day, and about 35% Hispanics. This was enough to get him over the hump. The same numbers that Obama put up were Higher than Hillary's. So she didn't stand a chance, and her baggage didn't help either. People just got fed up with the Clintons. And they said, no more of this nonsense.

This goes back to a comment I made off of a post where the OP was giving reasons why he was positive Hillary would win. I objected, concluding that there are so many people passionately rooting for Trump, there were none for Hillary. The media kept talking about the Trump signs that were being vandalized.... The media thought this was a good point, but never mentioned that there are no Hillary signs to vandalize.

The problem is many people would have rather voted for Hillary, but you had to put a gun to their head to do it. Most Dems thought she was locked in anyway, so they never went to the polls, they also wanted to be able to say that they did not vote for her when sh*% hit the fan as president. The people for Trump actually did go to the polls and did care.

The media actually backfired on themselves.
Your points are valid with one exception (IMO) I don't think that the fact that black celebrities on the rise had anything to do with it, or people in positions that whites used to be. I think BLM did have something to do with it, I think the whole country being worried about the 1.5% of the population that can't decide which bathroom to use got to the masses as well (this is a very generalized statement for another time). The media plays a roll in almost all of it. People did see through it, and just because people are not educated, does not mean that they don't know what is going on politically, and doesn't mean they can't see through it either.

He did it right, he did it the only way that he could, unfortunately it pissed off half the country, but he resonated with more.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 10:51:33 PM
At 11/14/2016 10:36:36 PM, idoubtit wrote:

Hate crimes against conservatives, republicans, Christians, patriots, and whites have been ongoing throughout this election (and before), not just since the election. I'm surprised there hasn't been a lot more backlash. Personally. I'm glad that we'll have an administration that won't persecute people if they dare defend themselves or object to being attacked.

Are you hoping that some little black kid gets shot for beating up a Trump supporter. Say what you really want to say here. Don't be cryptic.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 10:53:43 PM
At 11/14/2016 10:46:25 PM, Davery79 wrote:

This goes back to a comment I made off of a post where the OP was giving reasons why he was positive Hillary would win. I objected, concluding that there are so many people passionately rooting for Trump, there were none for Hillary. The media kept talking about the Trump signs that were being vandalized.... The media thought this was a good point, but never mentioned that there are no Hillary signs to vandalize.

The problem is many people would have rather voted for Hillary, but you had to put a gun to their head to do it. Most Dems thought she was locked in anyway, so they never went to the polls, they also wanted to be able to say that they did not vote for her when sh*% hit the fan as president. The people for Trump actually did go to the polls and did care.

Your points are valid with one exception (IMO) I don't think that the fact that black celebrities on the rise had anything to do with it, or people in positions that whites used to be. I think BLM did have something to do with it, I think the whole country being worried about the 1.5% of the population that can't decide which bathroom to use got to the masses as well (this is a very generalized statement for another time). The media plays a roll in almost all of it. People did see through it, and just because people are not educated, does not mean that they don't know what is going on politically, and doesn't mean they can't see through it either.

He did it right, he did it the only way that he could, unfortunately it pissed off half the country, but he resonated with more.

Hillary won the popular vote. So that premise is false. She is actually more appreciated by people on an international level, than Trump. He is a racist inciter, who plays on the fears of his supporters. This is how he won the election. By blowing the dog whistle of racial fears and White Supremacy. Given the aftermath of this election, youd be a fool to deny this.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 11:00:04 PM

I have never seen a president elect be the target of so much hatred in my entire life. The Republicans have what you call a tainted victory.
idoubtit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 11:18:42 PM
At 11/14/2016 10:51:33 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/14/2016 10:36:36 PM, idoubtit wrote:

Are you hoping that some little black kid gets shot for beating up a Trump supporter. Say what you really want to say here. Don't be cryptic.

LOL. I don't want any little kids of any color to get shot. Why would you try to twist what I said into such nonsense? And I said exactly what I meant. You apparently require elaboration. Let's see....how about when people in this country were being killed by Islamic extremists, and all Lynch and Obama had on their minds was that nobody had better say a mean thing about any Muslims or they'd be made an example? When people are forbidden to express how they feel (no, I'm not referring to violence), there is going to be backlash when the tyrants are finally gone. When Obama and his ilk are finally gone, I'm hoping that the people of this country who have been bullied and pc'd to death, can collectively breath a sigh of relief and no longer have to fear having their lives destroyed.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 11:28:20 PM
As long as you continue to fall back on mindless stereotypes, you'll never understand the people who you're supposedly trying to explain.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 11:32:02 PM
At 11/14/2016 11:28:20 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
As long as you continue to fall back on mindless stereotypes, you'll never understand the people who you're supposedly trying to explain.

What a lot of whites are tired of is always being blamed for every problem minorities face. They're tired of always being the bad guy. "Privilege Politics" take an approach where all minorities and women should unite against the white male oppressor. When they're being treated like this, I'd understand if many of them turned to a white-friendly candidate like Trump, or even became white nationalists.

The DDO Blog:

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 11:34:06 PM
tl;dr Don't expect whites to not be race conscious in their voting habits and political leanings whenever everyone else is.

The DDO Blog:

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 11:41:54 PM
At 11/14/2016 11:32:02 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/14/2016 11:28:20 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

What a lot of whites are tired of is always being blamed for every problem minorities face. They're tired of always being the bad guy. "Privilege Politics" take an approach where all minorities and women should unite against the white male oppressor. When they're being treated like this, I'd understand if many of them turned to a white-friendly candidate like Trump, or even became white nationalists.

Well why do Whites blame Blacks for things that they do in the dark. Its hypocritical if you ask me.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2016 11:43:06 PM
At 11/14/2016 11:34:06 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
tl;dr Don't expect whites to not be race conscious in their voting habits and political leanings whenever everyone else is.

Blacks vote for Whites, more so than Whites vote for Blacks. Those are facts.
AdamEsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 6:57:30 AM
And you must remember 49% of the Democrats did not vote......at all. =)

You should have seen that coming. Voters are lazy and need to be fired up to get out of bed and go vote. Clinton is arguably the worst candidate to do that. I'm sure they barked and hollered up the polls, but didn't actually act on it.
Death23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 10:29:07 AM
The outcome of the election was due to many different factors coming together. It's not clear to me which factors were most substantial because I have not seen any compelling evidence indicating which factors were most significant.
Welfare-Worker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 12:32:12 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/14/2016 11:43:06 PM, inferno wrote:

Is this observation supposed to imply some cause and effect?
Blacks has many opportunitis to vote for whites, whites have few opportunitis to vote for blacks. That is my observation.

Voters are much more likely to vote party than race is my educated guess.
I just don't see many black Dems voting for a Republican just because the canditate is black, and I don't see many white Republicans voting for the white Dem, just because the Republican was black.
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 1:03:15 PM
At 11/14/2016 5:27:24 PM, inferno wrote:

Of course. But there are other factors that came into play that you cannot deny.
The White Hierarchy was threatened by people of color.

What a crock! This election was the triumph of common sense, pure and simple. Anybody else could have run on the same common sense principles, but nobody else did, so the crazy New Yorker won.

But I think we are now going to find that the crazy New Yorker is crazy smart, and we will see a Reagan style recovery. What that's going to do the Democratic party, I don't know - how many community organizers may find they actually like getting a paycheck for doing a real job?
This space for rent.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 1:33:15 PM
At 11/15/2016 1:03:15 PM, v3nesl wrote:

What a crock! This election was the triumph of common sense, pure and simple. Anybody else could have run on the same common sense principles, but nobody else did, so the crazy New Yorker won.

But I think we are now going to find that the crazy New Yorker is crazy smart, and we will see a Reagan style recovery. What that's going to do the Democratic party, I don't know - how many community organizers may find they actually like getting a paycheck for doing a real job?

Do you consider a successful con man to be "smart"?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 2:02:09 PM
At 11/14/2016 10:53:43 PM, inferno wrote:

Hillary won the popular vote. So that premise is false. She is actually more appreciated by people on an international level, than Trump. He is a racist inciter, who plays on the fears of his supporters. This is how he won the election. By blowing the dog whistle of racial fears and White Supremacy. Given the aftermath of this election, youd be a fool to deny this.

I don't deny it.... But....
The aftermath of this election is a joke. Kids in high school walking out to protest literally what they know nothing about (literally, why they are not allowed to vote yet), teachers approving because they believe the same thing, when it is actually against the law for them to skip school, yet the teachers said it was their right to do so. When in actuality, the kids probably doing it because it is a reason to play hooky, or just something to do because other people talked them into it (i'd probably join too if I were a kid). People protesting down the streets of every major city, because they don't have a clue what rural America is going through, or how the private sector works.

The people that were really going to be hurt by this election spoke up, and they have just as much say as the overpopulated cities. And I think the ones that are most affected are the people that actually put in the time and effort to research and make an informed decision (educated or uneducated, no matter), instead of trusting every narrative that the media threw out there.

These protests are exactly why Trump won, people are sick of it, and it is going to continue probably until December 19th, even though nothing will come of it.

This is the reason for the electoral college, some say it is to make sure that if we select the wrong candidate, the right one can be put in office (which has never come close to happening). I think it is the opposite, it is to take into consideration the people living in different areas, living in different circumstances, dealing with different problems, making sure that they have as much say as the overpopulated areas. And we are not a Democracy, we are a Republic, hence the electoral college, hence Delegates, Senators, and people we elect to make our decisions for us.

I believe Hillary and Obama are the real racist inciters, placing people into groups and labeling them, pandering over key demographics to resonate with certain groups. It is reverse racism, and it needed to stop. He did it, we may not be happy with the way it came across, but it was the only way it could be done.
Now he has a chance to correct it, and the opposite can start happening. We can be one country, and have individual rights again, and not different rights for groups of people.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 4:23:12 PM
At 11/15/2016 12:32:12 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
At 11/14/2016 11:43:06 PM, inferno wrote:

Is this observation supposed to imply some cause and effect?
Blacks has many opportunitis to vote for whites, whites have few opportunitis to vote for blacks. That is my observation.

Voters are much more likely to vote party than race is my educated guess.
I just don't see many black Dems voting for a Republican just because the canditate is black, and I don't see many white Republicans voting for the white Dem, just because the Republican was black.

Well welfare worker. I believe that if a Black Republican actually ran as a moderate ultra modern Conservative, then they would reconsider. Why do I say that you ask.
Because here in South Carolina a large number of African Americans voted for
our governor who is of course, Nikki Haley. Explain that.
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 4:42:19 PM
At 11/15/2016 1:33:15 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Sigh, or lol, I'm not sure which. It's fascinating the ways in which Trump makes people crazy. But I'll play along - so what's the con? The guy has been working 20 hours a day. This was to convince people that he was running for president, but he REALLY was... what? What's the con here?
This space for rent.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 4:46:40 PM
At 11/15/2016 4:42:19 PM, v3nesl wrote:

Sigh, or lol, I'm not sure which. It's fascinating the ways in which Trump makes people crazy. But I'll play along - so what's the con? The guy has been working 20 hours a day. This was to convince people that he was running for president, but he REALLY was... what? What's the con here?

I believe that Donald Trump is a very intelligent man. Sure he may be an unabashed pragmatist. But he knows how to make a comeback. And he is very strategic.
Comments.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 5:10:48 PM

Lets try answering the initial question first. Do you consider a successful con-man to be "smart"?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 5:17:02 PM
At 11/15/2016 1:03:15 PM, v3nesl wrote:

It cannot be a load of crock when you have thousand of Americans getting involved in fist fights, and arguments, and hate crimes like they have been doing lately. I think you are either blind as a bat. Or just plain stupid. Yes, there is an element of racism in this aftermath and within this election.
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 5:36:46 PM
At 11/15/2016 5:10:48 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Lets try answering the initial question first. Do you consider a successful con-man to be "smart"?

Nah, I'd rather talk about Trump. That's the subject of this thread.
This space for rent.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 5:40:22 PM
At 11/15/2016 5:36:46 PM, v3nesl wrote:
At 11/15/2016 5:10:48 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Nah, I'd rather talk about Trump. That's the subject of this thread.

I would be obstinate on this point, were I you, too.

Thank you.