Jump to topic:

Alright. Trump

Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 6:06:37 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
So you're living in this nice wealthy country. And there's this poor enough country next to you. I mean, it's pretty shtty over there.

And so those people from that shtty place try come to your place.

And you kick them out. You have one fcking nutso fervent election, and it's voted you guys kick them out.

What do you stand for? Greed, right?

--------------------------

And then there's that inherent problem when coming together as a people, in greed.

So you have a bunch of people, all coming together wanting more for themselves. But who are they getting more off? Has to be other people. And so there's a contradiction. It doesn't work banding together to get more for yourself...

Unless...

You're also a fcking racist. Thank God for race, nationality, whatever the fck, it's a nice simple way to get more for yourself coming together with people. These things are neatly drawn lines that you can point to and say, "Here, where my colour, my nationality, my whatever, starts - that's where the money should go".

Ya'll are going down a rabbit hole dudes.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 6:08:24 PM
And I mean not like it isn't sensible. But don't lie to yourselves.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 6:24:50 PM
At 11/15/2016 6:08:24 PM, Devilry wrote:

I try to make sense of this immigration issue. The issue for me is about the borders between Mexico and the United States. Crossing these borders is very dangerous. Many Mexicans put themselves in risk of the elements of nature. Dehydration for example. So why do it? Why do these illegal immigrants pay thousands of dollars to these smugglers to guide them across the border, when you could simply drive across the border legally? Once you cross over legally, safely, you could then decide to not return. Not only is crossing the border in this manner, safer, but it stands to reason it would also be cheaper. The coyotes, as we call them, as these are the smugglers of illegal human trafficking, charge a lot more money than it would cost a citizen of Mexico to obtain a passport and buy a cheap car to drive them over, or simply take a bus or even walk across the border.

So there are some angles to consider, considering I know some of these coyotes. I know the people that fund these coyotes. These coyotes bring these poor immigrants over who have no money to cross over but will be put to work in illicit activities until they can repay their debt. These immigrants are not so innocent when you consider the fact that they must now go to work for the Mexican cartels.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 6:38:35 PM

wouldn't it be sensible to make their house livable so they can stay in their home which is what they really want to begin with?
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 6:41:15 PM
At 11/15/2016 6:38:35 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

wouldn't it be sensible to make their house livable so they can stay in their home which is what they really want to begin with?

Was I mishearing that whole Make America Great Again thing? Was it actually Make Mexico Great?

Oh, I had you guys all wrong!
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 6:45:36 PM
At 11/15/2016 6:41:15 PM, Devilry wrote:

Was I mishearing that whole Make America Great Again thing? Was it actually Make Mexico Great?

how much does the U.S. give away in foreign aid over the last 30 years? 40? 50? You really aren't informed enough to engage with. Whatever argument you are trying to start you need to do a lot more research first.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 6:47:22 PM
At 11/15/2016 6:45:36 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

how much does the U.S. give away in foreign aid over the last 30 years? 40? 50? You really aren't informed enough to engage with. Whatever argument you are trying to start you need to do a lot more research first.

Did Trump win on foreign aid, or was it building a massive fcking wall between your wealthy nation and the poor nation next to it?
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 6:48:15 PM
At 11/15/2016 6:06:37 PM, Devilry wrote:
So you're living in this nice wealthy country. And there's this poor enough country next to you. I mean, it's pretty shtty over there.

And you kick them out. You have one fcking nutso fervent election, and it's voted you guys kick them out.

And then there's that inherent problem when coming together as a people, in greed.

So you have a bunch of people, all coming together wanting more for themselves. But who are they getting more off? Has to be other people. And so there's a contradiction. It doesn't work banding together to get more for yourself...

Unless...

You're also a fcking racist. Thank God for race, nationality, whatever the fck, it's a nice simple way to get more for yourself coming together with people. These things are neatly drawn lines that you can point to and say, "Here, where my colour, my nationality, my whatever, starts - that's where the money should go".

So...are you arguing for "kicking them out is good!", or "kicking them out is bad!"?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 6:48:32 PM
At 11/15/2016 6:47:22 PM, Devilry wrote:

Did Trump win on foreign aid, or was it building a massive fcking wall between your wealthy nation and the poor nation next to it?

do your research and see what far smarter people than anyone on here think as to how he won.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 6:49:05 PM
At 11/15/2016 6:48:15 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Unless...

So...are you arguing for "kicking them out is good!", or "kicking them out is bad!"?

Neither, to be honest. I just want Greyparrot to admit sht is fcked up.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 6:49:59 PM
At 11/15/2016 6:48:32 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 11/15/2016 6:47:22 PM, Devilry wrote:

do your research and see what far smarter people than anyone on here think as to how he won.

You're deluded dude.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 7:15:13 PM
At 11/15/2016 6:49:05 PM, Devilry wrote:
At 11/15/2016 6:48:15 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Unless...

Neither, to be honest. I just want Greyparrot to admit sht is fcked up.

Ah...

Now, there's a bit of controversy about this subject.
So let's say that there is a country that has similar demographics to Mexico... So let's uh... let's say it's Mexico. Now, Mexico is a nice country. Sure, it has some dark spots and poverty, but they've also got some very nice cities and places. I can't remember the name of the place, but there's a range in Mexico where the climate is about the same all year, due to the terrain. During the winter, it's around 60-75 degrees (Fahrenheit), and during the summer, it stays around that temperature. However, there are also some not-so-nice places, and people want to leave. Now, idk how Mexican government works (heck I don't even know American politics that well), but my guess for these illegal immigrants is that back in Mexico, they faced poverty, or crime. Now, I don't know if this is true, but if I had to guess, I'd say that a lot of these people have given contracts of their time to workers for money, or for food, to provide for themselves. Maybe they're running from a corrupt government that doesn't want them leaving. So how do you expect them to buy passports? They surely can't cross the border without one, but if they can't get one, they have to sneak in. -- I don't really approve of this, since, you know, they're here illegally, but they're often taken advantage of by businesses because they can simply turn in the illegal immigrant if they so choose, and it lets them set the wages lower. People complain about them taking our jobs, but most of them are taking jobs that many Americans wouldn't want. When you were a kid, did you see yourself cleaning buildings, doing laundry at a motel, or sweating all day in the sun while doing lawn care? Probably not...

Now, let's say it's not Mexico, and the country is not in a very stable state. We have options to either help them, or continue as we are. If they have passports, then they can come, but we can't just let them in. It reminds me of places like Africa, in places that have almost nothing, children starving and dying of disease. I mean, look at us, the average American gets at least 2-3 meals a day, and can typically eat whenever they wish. We usually don't worry about not eating, because it's generally not a problem. We have great medicines, hospitals, and the like. Why can't we go in and help these people? We could bring them up from third-world country to second or first-world country, couldn't we?

So why aren't we?

Putting countries and their governments aside, let's go back to the discovery of the New World. In North and South America, what were there? Natives, of course. These people were fine on their own, but Europeans came in, took their land, forced them away, made them convert. There are plenty of events that point towards terrible treatment towards natives, such as smallpox, which wiped out nearly 90% of the Native Americans, or the Trail of Tears. We forced our culture onto them, made them like us, and generally did unjust things to them. Wouldn't you agree that this was wrong?
Funny thing, most Europeans thought it was okay. Natives were painted as savages, or uncivilized. At first, typically between 1500-1700, Europeans tried to "civilize" natives, and thought of them as less-fortunate, or needing their guidance. They believed this to be perfectly fine and just, to change the lives of the natives so they were like us.
So if we tried that with these poor countries, it's "a little different", but essentially the same, where we think we're changing their lives for the better, but might not be in the long run.

Of course, that's up for debate, and providing some kind of aide is fine, but if we were to try and interfere and "make the country better", it wouldn't be much different.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 7:19:21 PM
At 11/15/2016 7:15:13 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Have you read Heart of Darkness? It's by a half-Polish dude, isn't it?
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 7:22:12 PM
At 11/15/2016 7:19:21 PM, Devilry wrote:

I have not. What's it about?

Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 7:23:18 PM
At 11/15/2016 7:22:12 PM, Vaarka wrote:

More or less what you were just talking about. The horrors of colonialism.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 7:24:20 PM
At 11/15/2016 7:23:18 PM, Devilry wrote:

Ah... and what do you mean "half-Polish dude"?

Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 7:25:37 PM
At 11/15/2016 7:24:20 PM, Vaarka wrote:

He was a Polish-British writer. Sorry, you just reminded me of the book, lol.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 7:36:56 PM
At 11/15/2016 7:25:37 PM, Devilry wrote:

Lol, my profile I'm guessing?

Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 7:38:11 PM
At 11/15/2016 7:36:56 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Aye. Are you not actually Polish? I'm not from Guantanamo either.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 7:46:00 PM
At 11/15/2016 7:38:11 PM, Devilry wrote:

Well I mean I guessed that's what you looked at. No, I don't live in Poland

Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 7:51:31 PM
At 11/15/2016 7:46:00 PM, Vaarka wrote:

But... are you Polish? Anyway, it's a good book. :P
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 7:52:11 PM
At 11/15/2016 7:51:31 PM, Devilry wrote:
At 11/15/2016 7:46:00 PM, Vaarka wrote:

But... are you Polish? Anyway, it's a good book. :P

I might be ;3
I'll look into it.

v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 8:06:24 PM

If you ever fly on a commercial airline, they go over safety procedures. And part of what they tell you is that if the plane loses pressurization at high altitude, these oxygen masks will automatically deploy. And they tell you "Put YOUR mask on first, then help your kids". Because, you see, if you try to help your kids first, you'll go unconscious quickly, and then you all die.

So you think that civilization is just a given. You live a relatively safe and comfortable life on your emerald isle, and that's just the normal way the world works, right? Wrong, actually. The normal way of the world is war and slavery and so on. So this idea that some other country (not yours, of course!) should just let in whoever wants to come in, no questions asked, that's living in fantasy land. You're just living in fantasy land. Your wealth and security would be gone in about 15 minutes if even Irish leaders actually implemented the utopian propaganda lefties dish out.
This space for rent.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 8:13:04 PM
At 11/15/2016 8:06:24 PM, v3nesl wrote:

If you ever fly on a commercial airline, they go over safety procedures. And part of what they tell you is that if the plane loses pressurization at high altitude, these oxygen masks will automatically deploy. And they tell you "Put YOUR mask on first, then help your kids". Because, you see, if you try to help your kids first, you'll go unconscious quickly, and then you all die.

So you think that civilization is just a given. You live a relatively safe and comfortable life on your emerald isle, and that's just the normal way the world works, right? Wrong, actually. The normal way of the world is war and slavery and so on. So this idea that some other country (not yours, of course!) should just let in whoever wants to come in, no questions asked, that's living in fantasy land. You're just living in fantasy land. Your wealth and security would be gone in about 15 minutes if even Irish leaders actually implemented the utopian propaganda lefties dish out.

I conceded all that from the off. There's sense in the politics. It is, however, inhuman, and definitely, unchristian.

Had a look at your page there a while ago; that's a clever little write-up you have under "Beliefs".
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 8:35:25 PM
At 11/15/2016 8:13:04 PM, Devilry wrote:

I conceded all that from the off. There's sense in the politics. It is, however, inhuman, and definitely, unchristian.

So the human thing is to attempt to put your kid's oxygen mask on first, so everybody dies? One popular sign of the protestors is "Make American Mexico again". Well, if we do that, where then do we new Mexicans go for work? Canada? Ireland?

Economics is not taught in schools anymore, sadly. One key concept of economics is that wealth is created, not divided up. Mexico will not become wealthy by taking from the US, they will become wealthy by figuring out how to create their own. And they're not going to create their own if their most ambitious are leaving for the US. This open border stuff isn't actually in Mexico's interests either, but they are so messed up with drug wars and other corruption that they can't get traction. They've got oil, they've got more and more factories, but they don't have their own act together, is what their problem is. The open border is a bleeding wound and it needs to be bandaged up. Do you think the IRA would have been happy if all their young people were taking boats to England? That's not how a country becomes strong.

Had a look at your page there a while ago; that's a clever little write-up you have under "Beliefs".

Thanks. I try to be reasonable :-)
This space for rent.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2016 9:24:13 PM
At 11/15/2016 8:35:25 PM, v3nesl wrote:

So the human thing is to attempt to put your kid's oxygen mask on first, so everybody dies? One popular sign of the protestors is "Make American Mexico again". Well, if we do that, where then do we new Mexicans go for work? Canada? Ireland?

Economics is not taught in schools anymore, sadly. One key concept of economics is that wealth is created, not divided up. Mexico will not become wealthy by taking from the US, they will become wealthy by figuring out how to create their own. And they're not going to create their own if their most ambitious are leaving for the US. This open border stuff isn't actually in Mexico's interests either, but they are so messed up with drug wars and other corruption that they can't get traction. They've got oil, they've got more and more factories, but they don't have their own act together, is what their problem is. The open border is a bleeding wound and it needs to be bandaged up. Do you think the IRA would have been happy if all their young people were taking boats to England? That's not how a country becomes strong.

That's a huge load of waffle dude. Hadn't read the bit about the kids and the oxygen masks either until now. You are deluded.

Thanks. I try to be reasonable :-)
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 1:35:44 PM
At 11/15/2016 9:24:13 PM, Devilry wrote:
At 11/15/2016 8:35:25 PM, v3nesl wrote:

That's a huge load of waffle dude. Hadn't read the bit about the kids and the oxygen masks either until now. You are deluded.

And no doubt you haven't read anybody else either, have you? You have your feelings about things and that's good enough for you. lol!

You'll fit right in here.
This space for rent.