Jump to topic:

Doctor Who (2005) helped Trump win.

Stupidape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2016 11:54:48 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
I am of the opinion the British T.V. series Doctor Who (2005) helped Donald Trump win the USA 2016 election.

The reason being is this show brought out strong feelings of nationalism within me. That humans are one of the few moral alien races and most aliens only desire to exploit humans. Doctor Who seems like the conservative backlash of Sci-Fi compared to the very liberal Star Trek and Star Wars series.

In the very liberal Star Trek and Star Wars series aliens are almost always helpful and are good to humans. This is in polar opposite to Doctor Who where almost inevitably the aliens are out to exterminate the human race. Including the very first episode Roze where plastic aliens attempt to conquer Earth.

There is no reasoning with the aliens. The Doctor often ends up killing all the invading aliens or almost all of them. Even the Doctor himself is always portrayed as a white male.

I further conclude the Doctor Who series helped Britain exit the European Union. Invasive aliens from outer space could easily be replaced with aliens from other nations, Muslims, Africans, Mexicans, and so forth. I am convinced that part of the reason I was more receptive to Donald Trump and actually supported him at first, until he made anti-climate change remarks, was due to the Doctor Who (2005) T.V. series.

Thanks for reading.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 12:44:39 AM
At 11/16/2016 11:54:48 PM, Stupidape wrote:
I am of the opinion the British T.V. series Doctor Who (2005) helped Donald Trump win the USA 2016 election.

The reason being is this show brought out strong feelings of nationalism within me. That humans are one of the few moral alien races and most aliens only desire to exploit humans. Doctor Who seems like the conservative backlash of Sci-Fi compared to the very liberal Star Trek and Star Wars series.

In the very liberal Star Trek and Star Wars series aliens are almost always helpful and are good to humans. This is in polar opposite to Doctor Who where almost inevitably the aliens are out to exterminate the human race. Including the very first episode Roze where plastic aliens attempt to conquer Earth.

There is no reasoning with the aliens. The Doctor often ends up killing all the invading aliens or almost all of them. Even the Doctor himself is always portrayed as a white male.

I further conclude the Doctor Who series helped Britain exit the European Union. Invasive aliens from outer space could easily be replaced with aliens from other nations, Muslims, Africans, Mexicans, and so forth. I am convinced that part of the reason I was more receptive to Donald Trump and actually supported him at first, until he made anti-climate change remarks, was due to the Doctor Who (2005) T.V. series.

Thanks for reading.

Most Americans haven't even heard of Doctor Who. Furthermore, the show is more liberal than otherwise, sometimes to an extreme. For example, the Twelfth Doctor denounces as a murderer anyone who ever fought in a war, such as Clara's black boyfriend. The Tenth Doctor had a surprisingly conservative attitude towards homosexuality, but at the same time positive or neutral characters who are gay/lesbian are very common in Doctor Who, such as Madame Vastra and her human girlfriend.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 1:27:33 AM

Thanks for reading.

I doubt a substantial number of people watch the movie for its political views, and of the few that even notice it even fewer would be effected by it. Regardless, your link to nationalism and right-wing ideologies doesn't make any sense as the show leans left, and has been criticized as so
http://www.politics.co.uk...
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 2:09:04 AM
As I recall Dr.Who was a sci-fi soap-opera. About this guy who travels through time and space in a phone booth or a police box. and always has some lovely British woman as his companion. Does he sleep with these women?
Stupidape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 2:49:51 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Let's put it this way. Doctor Who is a science fiction horror genre in my opinion. Some might say its not horror, but it gives me the creeps, so I say its horror. Any science fiction horror genre brings up feelings of xenophobia and conspiracy. Conservatives are known for their conspiracy theories and nationalism. Nationalism is a strong part of xenophobia.

I can only speak for myself, but I have had several times had nightmares after watching the show. The feelings of paranoia and xenophobia that the show brings out in me is surprising. Always always it is a plot where it is us versus them. This is called tribalism.

The aliens are always illegally immigrating and then plotting to exterminate the human race. Think the Daleks for example. Daleks are always illegally immigrating and coming up with some ridiculous plot that sounds like a right wing conspiracy theory.

Note, this is by no means limited to Doctor Who, but the entire science fiction horror genre. Several episodes of Star Trek the next generations brought out feelings of "kill all the aliens" in me.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 3:02:59 PM

Thanks for reading.

If you were secure in yourself, nationalism wouldn't be of an interest to you.
Idiot.
Stupidape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2016 5:56:27 AM
Inferno

Just a friendly heads up ad hominem attacks are against debate.org's terms of service.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2016 4:21:15 PM
Well I remember Dr. Who as a show that was on our local PBS station every day at the same time. At the end of the show, the story was not finished so you had to watch it again tomorrow to find out what happened. This was many years ago, so the newer shows you may be talking about may be much different.
As I remember it, the doctor was a space alien who was always trying to impress these Earth girls by taking them somewhere in his magic vehicle ( the tardis) . They would travel through time in space and meet some idiot and he would figure out what the retard is doing.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2016 5:40:32 PM
You know who the current Doctor reminds me of? Those sh*theads who booed our soldiers as they were returning from Vietnam.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid