Total Posts:74|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why Did You Vote Trump?

anna951
Posts: 28
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 1:04:54 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
I'm genuinely curious what people's reasons were for voting for Trump. As a liberal young person, I would have voted for Hillary (if I were able to), but I believe it's important for people to understand each other. Especially now, right?

So let's have a meaningful discussion and share our thoughts.
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 1:23:35 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/17/2016 1:04:54 AM, anna951 wrote:
I'm genuinely curious what people's reasons were for voting for Trump. As a liberal young person, I would have voted for Hillary (if I were able to), but I believe it's important for people to understand each other. Especially now, right?

So let's have a meaningful discussion and share our thoughts.

I supported Hillary Clinton. But the reasons that I have noticed other people supporting Trump was based on disagreements with Clinton on foreign policy, primarily in the Middle East. Based on taking out Ghadafi in Libya, entering Iraq, arming the Kurds, ways on taking on ISIS, among other things.

The other issue would be with her corruption, which is an undeniable fact. Clinton is corrupt, the is no arguing against it. Although I think Trump is just as corrupt, Clinton's corruption had more of an effect on people; mostly because of how hard the right-wing media campaigned on it. The other reason would be since she represents the same old, Trump represents reform. Clinton is an insider with four decades of political experience, and runs on the platform of much of Obama's administrational platform. Trump represents change and reform, of which most people want.
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 1:24:29 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/17/2016 1:23:16 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
For the same reason I lost my virginity:

I didn't.

This is pretty good. You don't see high quality humor very often, nice one
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 1:25:33 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/17/2016 1:24:29 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 11/17/2016 1:23:16 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
For the same reason I lost my virginity:

I didn't.

This is pretty good. You don't see high quality humor very often, nice one

Thanks, got it from the Thrift Store down the street, shlt was 99 cents.
"Change your sig."
~YYW
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,630
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 3:31:36 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/17/2016 1:25:33 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 11/17/2016 1:24:29 AM, Hayd wrote:
At 11/17/2016 1:23:16 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
For the same reason I lost my virginity:

I didn't.

This is pretty good. You don't see high quality humor very often, nice one

Thanks, got it from the Thrift Store down the street, shlt was 99 cents.

Coppin' it, washin' it, 'bout to go and get some compliments off this joke, and Passin' up on this humor someone else's been walkin' in
RookieApologist
Posts: 469
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 1:27:38 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/17/2016 1:04:54 AM, anna951 wrote:
I'm genuinely curious what people's reasons were for voting for Trump. As a liberal young person, I would have voted for Hillary (if I were able to), but I believe it's important for people to understand each other. Especially now, right?

So let's have a meaningful discussion and share our thoughts.

In order of importance:

1) because Republican values align more with my personal beliefs (actually more conservative values, and Trump is no conservative, but he's much closer than Hillary).

2) Hillary is a horrible candidate and a largely corrupt person and held a major government position while she was corrupt. But really, the democrats could have put up someone much better and less corrupt and I would have still voted Republican because of #1

3) Because the left is completely hypocritical in their beliefs and actions

4) I get a kick out of watching SJW snowflakes and celebrities lose their minds

(queue the leftist bashing and fear mongering that will demonstrate #3)
Vaarka
Posts: 7,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 1:42:18 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/17/2016 1:23:16 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
For the same reason I lost my virginity:

I'm Canadian
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
AlyceTheElectrician
Posts: 232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 2:17:11 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
I voted trump because our current government establishment is too large, over reaching, and highly corrupt.

Clinton embodied everything I loathed about American politics. Dishonesty, hidden agendas, deceit, cronyism, establishment business as usual.

Plus her moral record is really off putting, her rape apologists attitude, her Clinton foundation fraud, her affiliation with Soros, the KKK, Saudi Wahhabism, the Muslim brotherhood, liberal globalist and a whole list of other horrible basterds was more than enough for me not to vote for her.

I teetered between Johnson and Trump for a while, ultimately voting Trump because he sold me on being brutally honest, mostly transparent, anti-establishment, nationalist, economically conservative, he has a strong masculine dominant presence, most of his rhetoric makes sense to me and I'm hoping his policies reflect; enforcing immigration laws, extreme vetting of Muslim refugees from Islamist hot zones, kick out lobbyists, term limits, replace ACA, end TPP, build on the Iranian nuclear deal, make amends with Russia to fight and hopefully defeat Isis, put American interests first, hold corporate business accountable for taking advantage of cheap labor overseas...

Just bigger picture in mind, I sincerely believe that Trump was the best choice.
Be who you are, Say what you feel, Because those who mind don"t matter, And those who matter don't mind.

BANGTAN! Blood, Sweat, & Tears> Check it out yes! https://www.youtube.com...
Maccabee
Posts: 1,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 4:15:39 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
He's pro life and pro gun. He also didn't send classified emails to his private server.
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
Iacov
Posts: 10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 4:27:23 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
I am a bisexual white Pagan male and I voted for trump. Here is why. First let me say I don't agree with all of his policies there will never be a president I completely agree with unless that candidate is myself (even then I am probably taking money from lobbyists) and if I thought he had a chance I would have voted for Johnson. But looking at solely Hillary and Trump what I ended up doing was ignoring all the rhetoric and scandals surrounding both of them and only looked at the policies. Now like I said I don't agree with all of his policies but three of the big things that pulled me to trump were his stance on trade reorganization, immigration, and protecting the LGBT community.
Wyrd bi" ful ar"d Fate is inexorable.
anna951
Posts: 28
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 3:45:13 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/17/2016 2:17:11 PM, AlyceTheElectrician wrote:
I voted trump because our current government establishment is too large, over reaching, and highly corrupt.

Clinton embodied everything I loathed about American politics. Dishonesty, hidden agendas, deceit, cronyism, establishment business as usual.

Plus her moral record is really off putting, her rape apologists attitude, her Clinton foundation fraud, her affiliation with Soros, the KKK, Saudi Wahhabism, the Muslim brotherhood, liberal globalist and a whole list of other horrible basterds was more than enough for me not to vote for her.

I teetered between Johnson and Trump for a while, ultimately voting Trump because he sold me on being brutally honest, mostly transparent, anti-establishment, nationalist, economically conservative, he has a strong masculine dominant presence, most of his rhetoric makes sense to me and I'm hoping his policies reflect; enforcing immigration laws, extreme vetting of Muslim refugees from Islamist hot zones, kick out lobbyists, term limits, replace ACA, end TPP, build on the Iranian nuclear deal, make amends with Russia to fight and hopefully defeat Isis, put American interests first, hold corporate business accountable for taking advantage of cheap labor overseas...

Just bigger picture in mind, I sincerely believe that Trump was the best choice.

You have a very valid and interesting point of view...I guess a lot of people saw Trump as a way to prompt change. There are just a few things that I personally don't agree with, most having to do with immigration.

You say that Muslim refugees should be extremely vetted but I just want to point out that they are already being vetted extraordinarily thoroughly--they must give country of origin, age, be interviewed and interrogated multiple times, looked into any possible connection to terrorists, are screened by four separate government organizations, and have their irises and fingerprints scanned.

I'd say that is more than sufficient and what we now need to focus is helping as many refugees as possible so they don't suffer of die. I have friends who are Muslim immigrants and they are awesome.

Just a thought to consider. :)
anna951
Posts: 28
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 3:58:10 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/17/2016 1:27:38 PM, RookieApologist wrote:
At 11/17/2016 1:04:54 AM, anna951 wrote:
I'm genuinely curious what people's reasons were for voting for Trump. As a liberal young person, I would have voted for Hillary (if I were able to), but I believe it's important for people to understand each other. Especially now, right?

So let's have a meaningful discussion and share our thoughts.

In order of importance:

1) because Republican values align more with my personal beliefs (actually more conservative values, and Trump is no conservative, but he's much closer than Hillary).

2) Hillary is a horrible candidate and a largely corrupt person and held a major government position while she was corrupt. But really, the democrats could have put up someone much better and less corrupt and I would have still voted Republican because of #1

3) Because the left is completely hypocritical in their beliefs and actions

4) I get a kick out of watching SJW snowflakes and celebrities lose their minds

(queue the leftist bashing and fear mongering that will demonstrate #3)

I'm sorry you feel that way. I do hope you know that people who participate in fear mongering do not represent the democratic party. Like how ISIS doesn't represent Islam, the KKK doesn't represent Christianity, and Donald Trump doesn't represent the whole United States, a small group or person is doesn't define millions of people.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 5:00:50 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/17/2016 1:04:54 AM, anna951 wrote:
I'm genuinely curious what people's reasons were for voting for Trump. As a liberal young person, I would have voted for Hillary (if I were able to), but I believe it's important for people to understand each other. Especially now, right?

So let's have a meaningful discussion and share our thoughts.

Immigration and foreign policy. This election would have been followed by a demographic defeat for conservatives and escalated tensions with Russia had Hillary won.

Plus I want to see a gold-plated oval office.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 8:00:28 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/17/2016 1:04:54 AM, anna951 wrote:
I'm genuinely curious what people's reasons were for voting for Trump. As a liberal young person, I would have voted for Hillary

So you approve of wars and foreign interventions?

(if I were able to), but I believe it's important for people to understand each other. Especially now, right?

So let's have a meaningful discussion and share our thoughts.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Heterodox
Posts: 293
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 11:17:18 AM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/17/2016 1:04:54 AM, anna951 wrote:
I'm genuinely curious what people's reasons were for voting for Trump. As a liberal young person, I would have voted for Hillary (if I were able to), but I believe it's important for people to understand each other. Especially now, right?

So let's have a meaningful discussion and share our thoughts.

4 Reasons.

1. I strongly dislike Hillary (for many reasons).
2. Democrats didn't like Trump.
3. Republicans didn't like Trump.
4. MSMedia (see owned by elitists) didn't like Trump.

#4 is a bit funny too, because of their incredibly biased "reporting" on Trump they have pretty much killed themselves off. They have zero credibility now. Which is good, that people are realizing they are simply a programming and propaganda arm of a few corporations.
Cubswin
Posts: 21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 12:58:52 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
The two party system is corrupt,..every American knows that. Trump by no means is a puppet like the Clinton's and Bush's who stink of corporate establishment! The election proved how evil the two party system is... and Trump still won! He beat the establishment system!

Also,.. the Democratic party is desperately trying to destroy the free world with their horrible immigration and border policies. They purposely and deliberately try to get as many immigrants as possible that hate America... to come here! That is their voting base....immigrants and minorities

Thoroughly investigate immigrants? And just how do you thoroughly investigate someone from a war torn nation like Syria that is neck deep in a civil war??? There is no paperwork on these people? You are a lying snake if you believe they are "thoroughly" investigated! What you said is complete hogwash! You cannot investigate personal religious intentions!

The people who voted for Trump know this... that is why Hillary lost.. she is a liar, a puppet, and her party was trying to immigrate tens of millions of Muslims here! Many are already here! Sure some Muslims may be peaceful today,..but what about tomorrow???

They may wake up and decide to answer the call of jihad and blow people up! It is the only religion that has suicidal zealots! For all we know... YOU may be a suicidal religious zealot. There is no background check on people posting here

America has already arrested 124 ISIS members here plotting to destroy our nation! Over thirty Muslims left the state of Minnesota to go fight for ISIS!

ISIS members could be posting here. You all need to keep that in mind when coming to this website. It is quite clear the Democrats are out to undermine the United States with their liberal policies

All we need do is look at Europe,.. they are our example! Why should we repeat it here? Why repeat it here? The Democrats want to repeat it here... why? We all know the answer to that ... and that is why Hillary lost, badly!

To purposely and deliberately immigrate tens of millions of Muslims to America is national suicide,... all we need do is look at the hell hole that is France, UK, Italy and Germany! It has already happened there! It is a Trojan horse tactic.. and in free societies it was exploited!

The Western World has been and is being exploited by the religious zealots out to destroy it! This is a religious war on the West. It blows my mind that the Christian Pope has not issued and demanded a Holy War against the Muslim horde... because that is what is going on .. a War

Muslims cannot assimilate into a western democratic society... look at Europe!!! They tried and it failed! Look at the mess they are in over there... it is why the UK pulled out of the EU!

We Americans have been watching all this... we voted overwhelmingly to get the traitorous treacherous evil vile radical liberal Democrats out!!! Praise the Lord! Go get em Trump!!! Sick em boy!

The Muslim Mosques here in USA will be monitored under Trump.. they will be investigated "thoroughly" = your words! We have freedom of Religion here in America and everyone supports that,..but America is not going to stand around and repeat here what has happened to Europe!!!

Lastly, let me say all Americans feel for the plight of refugees from any nation that is in a War, especially the children. If you are a caring human being, you would feel this way but don't be stupid by immigrating them here... instead, make them stay there!

Construct a safe zone and build camps for them to live in until their war is over... if it can ever be over... because as we all know ... the religious war between Christians and Muslims goes on and on and on... forever! The war between factions of Islam goes on and on and on forever! The war between the Jewish state of Israel and Islam goes on forever!

Why bring all that mess here to America? The Democratic party was trying,....oh they were trying hard,...but not going to happen... that is why Trump won!
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 2:48:38 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/17/2016 1:04:54 AM, anna951 wrote:
I'm genuinely curious what people's reasons were for voting for Trump. As a liberal young person, I would have voted for Hillary (if I were able to), but I believe it's important for people to understand each other. Especially now, right?

So let's have a meaningful discussion and share our thoughts.

I was against both of them, and voted for neither, but had I only Trump and Hillary as options would have picked Trump.

Hillary Clinton's foreign policy was terrible in my opinion. I felt alienated by her entire campaign as it didn't attempt to obtain anything I wanted to achieve. Her gun policies though looking good, were not something I considered in the election because she can't go a minute without making something up, and I hold fear as a minority that she may have hidden objectives. I believed she was an avid racist and plays races to get to power before the election. Her corporate connections have long disturbed me. I really just had nothing good to say about her. She is not qualified, and did not make bounds to match my position. Her aggreable positions were difficult to believe.

I viewed Trump as a moderate, otherwise a democrat who is Pro-Life and advocating low taxes. Ultimately I have hopes of Trump spreading the foreign conflict workload more fairly. I have hopes that he won't have a stereotypical government initiative of spreading democracy. I did not take the wall, or his tax policy, or repealing Obama care literally. I did not see evidence he is a practicing racist. I did not see evidence he is a misogynist. I did not see evidence that he would flip out and launch insane strikes on people. I see no issue with him minimizing his taxes, as I do the same thing. So over half of Hillary's very negative campaign was wasted on me, and came across as condescending, deceitful, and downright nasty....None of which really changes my voting principle, but certainly wasted her resources and there is a chance it made some sort of bias.

I do hold deep concerns of his business practices. He seems to have learned to take a hands off approach to business and hire people who can do better then him. His rejection, and alleged embrace of Russian interference was appalling to me. He is grossly under qualified and a high stakes gamble in my opinion.

At the beginning of the election I wanted to vote for not Trump, and anyone but Hillary. All she had to do to be better then him though, was be the bigger person, and bring up a little more productivity, step up and show some sincerity so I could rely on her, but she didn't give me a reason to. Her entire campaign just countered Trump in condescending tone and relied on an established voter base. Trump, in comparison, is better then whatever she is....Hopefully.

So basically, my imagined runner up vote for Trump, is only because Hillary sucked that much. She failed me. Oh well, this will be interesting. Trump isn't that bad if you don't take him literally. Hillary is bad if you don't take her literally.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Iacov
Posts: 10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 2:52:39 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/18/2016 11:17:18 AM, Heterodox wrote:
At 11/17/2016 1:04:54 AM, anna951 wrote:
I'm genuinely curious what people's reasons were for voting for Trump. As a liberal young person, I would have voted for Hillary (if I were able to), but I believe it's important for people to understand each other. Especially now, right?

So let's have a meaningful discussion and share our thoughts.

4 Reasons.

1. I strongly dislike Hillary (for many reasons).
2. Democrats didn't like Trump.
3. Republicans didn't like Trump.
4. MSMedia (see owned by elitists) didn't like Trump.

#4 is a bit funny too, because of their incredibly biased "reporting" on Trump they have pretty much killed themselves off. They have zero credibility now. Which is good, that people are realizing they are simply a programming and propaganda arm of a few corporations.

May I ask which of his policies you like?
Wyrd bi" ful ar"d Fate is inexorable.
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 2:58:41 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
I voted Gary.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 3:23:30 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
The best reason to vote for Trump over Hillary this election, is that Hillary has a good chance of being an 8 year president, and if Trump screws up....He's out.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 3:29:00 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/18/2016 2:52:39 PM, Iacov wrote:
At 11/18/2016 11:17:18 AM, Heterodox wrote:
At 11/17/2016 1:04:54 AM, anna951 wrote:
I'm genuinely curious what people's reasons were for voting for Trump. As a liberal young person, I would have voted for Hillary (if I were able to), but I believe it's important for people to understand each other. Especially now, right?

So let's have a meaningful discussion and share our thoughts.

4 Reasons.

1. I strongly dislike Hillary (for many reasons).
2. Democrats didn't like Trump.
3. Republicans didn't like Trump.
4. MSMedia (see owned by elitists) didn't like Trump.

#4 is a bit funny too, because of their incredibly biased "reporting" on Trump they have pretty much killed themselves off. They have zero credibility now. Which is good, that people are realizing they are simply a programming and propaganda arm of a few corporations.

May I ask which of his policies you like?

He didn't have policies lol.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Iacov
Posts: 10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 4:10:43 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/18/2016 3:29:00 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 11/18/2016 2:52:39 PM, Iacov wrote:
At 11/18/2016 11:17:18 AM, Heterodox wrote:
At 11/17/2016 1:04:54 AM, anna951 wrote:
I'm genuinely curious what people's reasons were for voting for Trump. As a liberal young person, I would have voted for Hillary (if I were able to), but I believe it's important for people to understand each other. Especially now, right?

So let's have a meaningful discussion and share our thoughts.

4 Reasons.

1. I strongly dislike Hillary (for many reasons).
2. Democrats didn't like Trump.
3. Republicans didn't like Trump.
4. MSMedia (see owned by elitists) didn't like Trump.

#4 is a bit funny too, because of their incredibly biased "reporting" on Trump they have pretty much killed themselves off. They have zero credibility now. Which is good, that people are realizing they are simply a programming and propaganda arm of a few corporations.

May I ask which of his policies you like?

He didn't have policies lol.

Well I disagree but regardless let me rephrase how about "which of his stances did you agree with"
Wyrd bi" ful ar"d Fate is inexorable.
AlyceTheElectrician
Posts: 232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 4:55:22 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/18/2016 3:45:13 AM, anna951 wrote:
At 11/17/2016 2:17:11 PM, AlyceTheElectrician wrote:
I voted trump because our current government establishment is too large, over reaching, and highly corrupt.

Clinton embodied everything I loathed about American politics. Dishonesty, hidden agendas, deceit, cronyism, establishment business as usual.

Plus her moral record is really off putting, her rape apologists attitude, her Clinton foundation fraud, her affiliation with Soros, the KKK, Saudi Wahhabism, the Muslim brotherhood, liberal globalist and a whole list of other horrible basterds was more than enough for me not to vote for her.

I teetered between Johnson and Trump for a while, ultimately voting Trump because he sold me on being brutally honest, mostly transparent, anti-establishment, nationalist, economically conservative, he has a strong masculine dominant presence, most of his rhetoric makes sense to me and I'm hoping his policies reflect; enforcing immigration laws, extreme vetting of Muslim refugees from Islamist hot zones, kick out lobbyists, term limits, replace ACA, end TPP, build on the Iranian nuclear deal, make amends with Russia to fight and hopefully defeat Isis, put American interests first, hold corporate business accountable for taking advantage of cheap labor overseas...

Just bigger picture in mind, I sincerely believe that Trump was the best choice.

You have a very valid and interesting point of view...I guess a lot of people saw Trump as a way to prompt change. There are just a few things that I personally don't agree with, most having to do with immigration.

You say that Muslim refugees should be extremely vetted but I just want to point out that they are already being vetted extraordinarily thoroughly--they must give country of origin, age, be interviewed and interrogated multiple times, looked into any possible connection to terrorists, are screened by four separate government organizations, and have their irises and fingerprints scanned.

I'd say that is more than sufficient and what we now need to focus is helping as many refugees as possible so they don't suffer of die. I have friends who are Muslim immigrants and they are awesome.

Just a thought to consider. :)

First, thank you for acknowledging my point of view :)

There is no doubt in my mind that there are wonderful people among the Muslim refugees, and I am willing to acknowledge that it is highly likely that our previous American political administration is responsible for the disruption of their livelihood, and someone/something should be held accountable for this disruption and displacement from their homes, but it's not the American people who should be held accountable.

I agree that the Muslim refugees deserve help. Where we disagree is how it should be done: Mass asylum to western societies clearly is not effective as witnessed in Europe, our cultures are not compatible, and it's been a recipe for disaster for everyone.

My solution includes:
1. Muslim refugees should seek refuge in middle eastern societies more close to Muslim cultural norms making assimilation less stressful and acclimation easier, Saudi Arabia, Iran, UAE, Qatar, Indonesia, Malaysia should do more to help their displaced brothers and sisters, they should be pressured to take in the majority of refugees.

Immigrants are totally different, immigrants from wherever, should be able to apply to any place they desire the LEGAL way, whatever that may be.

2. The people have to use their democratic processes to put extreme pressure on their administrations to stop opportunistic proxy wars in the name of the people they are supposed to represent. Another solid reason why I would have NEVER voted for Clinton. Unfortunately people are too comfortable with trust in their establishments, and we (the people) end up being held accountable for it with our lives (via terrorism or displacement). We need more skeptics and a lot less sheep.

3. Put pressure on our administrations to come up with the best viable solutions for resolving conflicts they create. This is the reason why I oppose, and I think all Americans should oppose accepting refugees, we shouldn't make it so easy for our government to enter into conflicts without having a viable end game. We shouldn't allow our government to make horrible decisions in other countries, while we pay the price for it. We need to elect smarter, stronger, more logical people in power on the left and the right, people like Donald, Elizabeth, Trey, and even Bernie. Corrupt cronies got to go! (Hillary, George W, and the like)

Honestly, I'm an electrician, trying to become a electrical engineer, I haven't thought it completely through to the end, but I encourage challenges to my political views, so far this what I've got though.
Be who you are, Say what you feel, Because those who mind don"t matter, And those who matter don't mind.

BANGTAN! Blood, Sweat, & Tears> Check it out yes! https://www.youtube.com...
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 7:42:04 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
At 11/18/2016 4:10:43 PM, Iacov wrote:
At 11/18/2016 3:29:00 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 11/18/2016 2:52:39 PM, Iacov wrote:
At 11/18/2016 11:17:18 AM, Heterodox wrote:
At 11/17/2016 1:04:54 AM, anna951 wrote:
I'm genuinely curious what people's reasons were for voting for Trump. As a liberal young person, I would have voted for Hillary (if I were able to), but I believe it's important for people to understand each other. Especially now, right?

So let's have a meaningful discussion and share our thoughts.

4 Reasons.

1. I strongly dislike Hillary (for many reasons).
2. Democrats didn't like Trump.
3. Republicans didn't like Trump.
4. MSMedia (see owned by elitists) didn't like Trump.

#4 is a bit funny too, because of their incredibly biased "reporting" on Trump they have pretty much killed themselves off. They have zero credibility now. Which is good, that people are realizing they are simply a programming and propaganda arm of a few corporations.

May I ask which of his policies you like?

He didn't have policies lol.

Well I disagree but regardless let me rephrase how about "which of his stances did you agree with"

His willingness to reform how immigrants come to America. Not the wall. Don't care about deportation.

His foreign policy was not Clinton's.

I agree with a willingness to reduce taxes, simplification, eliminating loopholes. I thought his projections were dangerous however.

That's about it. He's not a very good candidate for me. One of those people that promises more then he can deliver. The pressure he puts on politicians along with the fact that he doesn't have enough support to be reelected in 4 years unless he earns it this election are his main selling points.

I didn't vote for him.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
anna951
Posts: 28
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 2:23:56 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/17/2016 12:16:27 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
Why did you support Hillary?

The reasons I support Hillary (or the reasons I didn't support Trump):

1. I have friends who are Muslim and Trump's said cruel things about Muslims
2. I have friends who are LGBT and Pence (maybe Trump too) is a serious homophobe
3. I have friends who are black and Trump has said/done very racist things
4. I have classmates who are terrified that their parents will be deported
5. I am female and I don't want my president to be a misogynistic possible rapist. Hillary was a woman which is cool but that's not why I support her.
6. Trump's border wall would cost 25 billion ridiculous dollars which can definitely be used way better (the wall wouldn't do anything anyway, ladders are cheap)
7. Trump's tax plan would raise taxes on middle class people like my parents and help the rich
8. Trump doesn't have any real plans, Hillary had everything well thought out.
9. Trump has never held any office before...he is not ready to be president. Hillary was the most qualified person to ever run.
10. Hillary lied like your average politician (actually statistics prove she was pretty good), but Trump regularly spouted complete lies and didn't get caught.
11. We need to accept more refugees so people don't die, but Trump actually proposed banning Muslims from entering the US. Religious freedom?
12. Trump was kind of a terrible person, Hillary was dull but kind.
13. Trump has a history of fraud and tax evasion. He used Trump foundation funds (that he hasn't donated to in almost a decade) to buy a large portrait of himself for $20,000.

I understand that some people are able to set all of that aside and point to the ways they agree with Trump and the good he could possibly do but I just couldn't.
anna951
Posts: 28
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 2:29:21 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/18/2016 8:00:28 AM, Emilrose wrote:
At 11/17/2016 1:04:54 AM, anna951 wrote:
I'm genuinely curious what people's reasons were for voting for Trump. As a liberal young person, I would have voted for Hillary


So you approve of wars and foreign interventions?

(if I were able to), but I believe it's important for people to understand each other. Especially now, right?

So let's have a meaningful discussion and share our thoughts.

No I don't support war (though it is always going to happen, the world isn't homogeneous), but I do support an over-qualified candidate who didn't say hateful things. Sorry, but Trump really didn't represent who I am or what I wanted our country to be. That's all.
anna951
Posts: 28
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2016 2:48:32 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/18/2016 12:58:52 PM, Cubswin wrote:
The two party system is corrupt,..every American knows that. Trump by no means is a puppet like the Clinton's and Bush's who stink of corporate establishment! The election proved how evil the two party system is... and Trump still won! He beat the establishment system!

Also,.. the Democratic party is desperately trying to destroy the free world with their horrible immigration and border policies. They purposely and deliberately try to get as many immigrants as possible that hate America... to come here! That is their voting base....immigrants and minorities

Thoroughly investigate immigrants? And just how do you thoroughly investigate someone from a war torn nation like Syria that is neck deep in a civil war??? There is no paperwork on these people? You are a lying snake if you believe they are "thoroughly" investigated! What you said is complete hogwash! You cannot investigate personal religious intentions!

The people who voted for Trump know this... that is why Hillary lost.. she is a liar, a puppet, and her party was trying to immigrate tens of millions of Muslims here! Many are already here! Sure some Muslims may be peaceful today,..but what about tomorrow???

They may wake up and decide to answer the call of jihad and blow people up! It is the only religion that has suicidal zealots! For all we know... YOU may be a suicidal religious zealot. There is no background check on people posting here

America has already arrested 124 ISIS members here plotting to destroy our nation! Over thirty Muslims left the state of Minnesota to go fight for ISIS!

ISIS members could be posting here. You all need to keep that in mind when coming to this website. It is quite clear the Democrats are out to undermine the United States with their liberal policies

All we need do is look at Europe,.. they are our example! Why should we repeat it here? Why repeat it here? The Democrats want to repeat it here... why? We all know the answer to that ... and that is why Hillary lost, badly!

To purposely and deliberately immigrate tens of millions of Muslims to America is national suicide,... all we need do is look at the hell hole that is France, UK, Italy and Germany! It has already happened there! It is a Trojan horse tactic.. and in free societies it was exploited!

The Western World has been and is being exploited by the religious zealots out to destroy it! This is a religious war on the West. It blows my mind that the Christian Pope has not issued and demanded a Holy War against the Muslim horde... because that is what is going on .. a War

Muslims cannot assimilate into a western democratic society... look at Europe!!! They tried and it failed! Look at the mess they are in over there... it is why the UK pulled out of the EU!

We Americans have been watching all this... we voted overwhelmingly to get the traitorous treacherous evil vile radical liberal Democrats out!!! Praise the Lord! Go get em Trump!!! Sick em boy!

The Muslim Mosques here in USA will be monitored under Trump.. they will be investigated "thoroughly" = your words! We have freedom of Religion here in America and everyone supports that,..but America is not going to stand around and repeat here what has happened to Europe!!!

Lastly, let me say all Americans feel for the plight of refugees from any nation that is in a War, especially the children. If you are a caring human being, you would feel this way but don't be stupid by immigrating them here... instead, make them stay there!

Construct a safe zone and build camps for them to live in until their war is over... if it can ever be over... because as we all know ... the religious war between Christians and Muslims goes on and on and on... forever! The war between factions of Islam goes on and on and on forever! The war between the Jewish state of Israel and Islam goes on forever!

Why bring all that mess here to America? The Democratic party was trying,....oh they were trying hard,...but not going to happen... that is why Trump won!

Your post was long sorry this is taking up so much space.

You said "Muslims cannot assimilate into a western democratic society" I disagree with this--the school I go to has a large Muslim population and I have classmates and friends who are Muslim and we all get along very well.

When you talk about the conflict in the middle east you make it seem like all Muslims are part of the problem which is in no way true. ISIS is like the KKK--Muslims hate it, Christians hate it, and both groups shouldn't represent the whole religion.

By the way, I'm not a religious zealot :) ...just a normal girl coming from a mildly Christian/agnostic family. I just believe in love and equality, which for me crosses religious lines and country borders.

Politics is tricky, yeah? Maybe if we all listen to each other it'll get better for everyone.