Media is to blame for everything

Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 5:39:50 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
Here is how I see it.
Most Hillary supporters hate Trump supporters. Most Trump supporters don't hate Hillary supporters, and can completely understand why they don't like Trump. Unfortunately, many Hillary supporters are so upset that they are unwilling to listen to a Trump supporter that might just have some compelling reasons on why they voted for him.

From the beginning:
The media knew this, so they decided to make sure that they kept the most viewers as possible. By always being on the negative towards Trump, they secured the constant base of much of the country. Had they said anything positive about Trump, without someone around to totally negate it, they would have lost tons of their regular base because a lot of Anti-Trumpers would never watch that network again. This is evident when trying to discuss other views with Hillary/Anti-Trump supporters, they just don't want to listen. They get all huffy and puffy and just tell you to shut up, even though you let them express their views first.

I saw a post by someone a few days ago arguing that the right wing media is just as biased as the left, this may be true..... But... They mentioned Breitbart, talk radio, and other news outlets that no common person has ever heard of, or has time to listen to or look up, besides Fox News. (which is a joke imo). If you mix both views, you get a completely different narrative.

With most of the nation paying attention to major news headlines only, or getting their information from hearsay, and the larger main stream media outlets, they were lead to believe this narrative, and never got to see the other side of the story.

Now we have protests, riots, walkouts, many of these people don't have the full story, they just remember what the media told them. This continues to tell happen to this day, even more so. It literally pisses them off that someone like Trump could be elected President, now they lash out.

Comments?
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 5:42:18 PM
At 11/17/2016 5:39:50 PM, Davery79 wrote:
Here is how I see it.
Most Hillary supporters hate Trump supporters. Most Trump supporters don't hate Hillary supporters,

I do.

and can completely understand why they don't like Trump. Unfortunately, many Hillary supporters are so upset that they are unwilling to listen to a Trump supporter that might just have some compelling reasons on why they voted for him.

From the beginning:
The media knew this, so they decided to make sure that they kept the most viewers as possible. By always being on the negative towards Trump, they secured the constant base of much of the country. Had they said anything positive about Trump, without someone around to totally negate it, they would have lost tons of their regular base because a lot of Anti-Trumpers would never watch that network again. This is evident when trying to discuss other views with Hillary/Anti-Trump supporters, they just don't want to listen. They get all huffy and puffy and just tell you to shut up, even though you let them express their views first.

I saw a post by someone a few days ago arguing that the right wing media is just as biased as the left, this may be true..... But... They mentioned Breitbart, talk radio, and other news outlets that no common person has ever heard of, or has time to listen to or look up, besides Fox News. (which is a joke imo). If you mix both views, you get a completely different narrative.

With most of the nation paying attention to major news headlines only, or getting their information from hearsay, and the larger main stream media outlets, they were lead to believe this narrative, and never got to see the other side of the story.

Now we have protests, riots, walkouts, many of these people don't have the full story, they just remember what the media told them. This continues to tell happen to this day, even more so. It literally pisses them off that someone like Trump could be elected President, now they lash out.

Comments?
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 5:42:23 PM
Media drives narrative. Personal bias ideology drives decision making. Can't blame media for x... just like a person can't blame coke vs Pepsi.

All responsibility lies with self.
MattTheDreamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 5:48:35 PM
Interestingly, on both sides of the political divide you hear people talking about how biased and how out of touch they are.

Although weirdly for the right it's left-wing and for the left it's right-wing.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 6:01:03 PM
Here is how I see it.
Most Hillary supporters hate Trump supporters. Most Trump supporters don't hate Hillary supporters, and can completely understand why they don't like Trump

In what world do you live in where you think that could possibly be true? A vast number of Trump supporters DESPISE Hillary voters, and its usually those who are horrendously ignorant of reality itself

Unfortunately, many Hillary supporters are so upset that they are unwilling to listen to a Trump supporter that might just have some compelling reasons on why they voted for him.

From the beginning:

Comments?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 6:22:43 PM
Yeah...this is really a stupid argument. Media outlets mostly do tend to have certain biases in regards to their political agenda, but to claim the media is to blame for everything is absurd; particularly because its entire purpose (at least news media) is to report, and the reason why Donald Trump had a lot of negative reporting is because he did/said a lot of negative things.

As for protests and riots, again, the media can absolutely not be held accountable for this.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 6:34:09 PM
At 11/17/2016 6:01:03 PM, imabench wrote:
Here is how I see it.
Most Hillary supporters hate Trump supporters. Most Trump supporters don't hate Hillary supporters, and can completely understand why they don't like Trump

In what world do you live in where you think that could possibly be true? A vast number of Trump supporters DESPISE Hillary voters, and its usually those who are horrendously ignorant of reality itself.

Is this from personal experience? Or did you get this from the media?

I live in a world with a large extended family, that live in rural areas, and major cities alike, in fact I will be seeing a lot of them next weekend for Thanksgiving. We meet in the middle of all of us, in PA. Some are from DC, NYC, Philly, and throughout the Midwest. I live in one of the most diverse areas in the country, not going to say exactly where. We speak about this openly, but the Hillary supporters in the family run from the conversation, and try to change the subject because they can't believe we are related, and can't believe that we would even consider voting for that racist, sexist pig.

I don't believe a vast number of Trump supporters DESPISE Hillary voters, and I also sincerely don't believe that they would resort to violence, protests, riots or anything like what is going on now if Hillary were elected. There might have been a few problems in the dark of the night, vandalizing done by some deplorable people, but this is still happening anyway.

Yes, the RNC would have tried to start the impeachment process right away, which is dumb too, but the people of the country (trump supporters) would have just left it up to the justice system to decide.
Cubswin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 6:38:54 PM
My father once told me something before he left this shitty world,.. he said son, "don't ever let anyone tell you what to think". As I got older,.. his words scream out at me while I am watching CNN or FOX news or network TV = abc, cbs, nbc or msnbc or radio talk shows or tv talk shows

All these news media organizations from TV and Radio give you the news for a few minutes then they proceed to give you their opinion. You are barely watching people giving you facts,..but rather you are mostly watching them give their OPINION or a certain narrative!

It's called Tabloid TV = all drama and a political narrative given to a certain spectrum of society to get ratings,..because if they do not provide that narrative..the show will be off the air!...people will change the channel!!!

So, we as consumers watch a tv channel that serves our beliefs and most change the channel when that narrative conflicts with our own. Myself, however, I listen to both sides of an argument and try to find the truth in there somewhere but it's quite clear who is left and who is right with these news channels.. that is very obvious

I watch them all but I quickly change the channel when it is obvious they are not there to give facts but rather personal bias...that is when they bore me

I have always found it amusing that after having watched a presidential news conference directly from the mouth of the commander in chief himself... that the news reporters from all news media proceed to tell you what you just heard! lol

Presuming that we the American public are too dumb to understand what we just heard!

I don't need them to tell me anything!... I just heard it myself! If you stay tuned in...you will end up hearing their opinion and accordingly have it shoved down your throat,. if you stay long enough

Look.. media is just noise... with little facts... mostly just noise that is combined into a Hollywood set with sexy women with pretty faces and legs and colorful lights and tech gadgets just to get ratings

Actual news can be given in just a few short minutes ....the rest is all personal biased rhetoric and drama! Most Americans are smart enough to understand that

Trump hardly spent any money in advertising while Hillary spent hundreds of millions on media and advertising bombardment and it ultimately failed because the average American cannot be brainwashed as easily as a person in a third world nation!
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 7:00:05 PM
At 11/17/2016 6:34:09 PM, Davery79 wrote:

I don't believe a vast number of Trump supporters DESPISE Hillary voters, and I also sincerely don't believe that they would resort to violence, protests, riots or anything like what is going on now if Hillary were elected.

There have been over 400 cases of hate crimes since the election, and thats when Trump WON http://abcnews.go.com... If Trump lost, and in the same way where he won the popular vote but lost the Electoral College the way Hillary did, things would be demonstrably more chaotic
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 8:13:06 PM
This reminds me a little bit of the book I read last year about the Rwandan Genocide, where a lot of the stuff that led up to the genocide, aside from an already existing racial bias, was caused by the media. There were a lot of radio stations that talked about the Tutsi people being roaches, wanting to take over, etc etc, and it was up to the Hutus to finish them all off.

Of course, what actually sparked it was their President's plane somehow getting blown out of the sky, but the media turned a lot of people's heads so that they distrusted, hated, and (eventually) killed/raped/tortured the Tutsi people in Rwanda.

At least, that's what I remember from the book
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 8:27:47 PM
What's funny is that there could be an actual return to actual racism if people listen to the media long enough to be convinced. Unlikely but possible.
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 8:39:39 PM
At 11/17/2016 7:00:05 PM, imabench wrote:
At 11/17/2016 6:34:09 PM, Davery79 wrote:

I don't believe a vast number of Trump supporters DESPISE Hillary voters, and I also sincerely don't believe that they would resort to violence, protests, riots or anything like what is going on now if Hillary were elected.

There have been over 400 cases of hate crimes since the election, and thats when Trump WON http://abcnews.go.com... If Trump lost, and in the same way where he won the popular vote but lost the Electoral College the way Hillary did, things would be demonstrably more chaotic

I don't recall anyone getting hurt, or things thrown at them at any Hillary rallies, conventions or the like, which would have been all over the news. Since that never happened, and it did happen at Trump Rallies, where protesters were everywhere, enticing people, throwing things at them, blocking pathways, roadways and such, the media tried to spin this as the problem with Trump, as did Hillary, when in actuality, it was a problem with Anti-Trump and Hillary voters.

Even if the tables were turned in the exact same way, yes there would have been these hate crimes, and that number probably would have escalated, they would have been condemned by both Hillary supporters and Trump supporters. You are talking about 400 incidents reported over the whole country, and now people are reporting them, because the country is in fragile place. But, there would be no large group protests, kids would still be in school and the country would have moved on, hate crimes happen all the time by a few idiots.

The right would have been upset for a while, they would have rounded up the troops and tried to do away with the electoral college again, but the support would not have been there with the leaders of the country, so it would be a failed attempt, just like it will be this time.

There is an old Negro Church and School (yes that is what they are called) where I live, which has been deemed a historical site so it cannot be torn down. Some like it being there, some don't. A more modern church and a new school were built right next to them some time ago, so it is a representation of the struggles that blacks faced, and ultimately overcame. Almost every weekend as I was growing up, there was a swastika painted on it, or something was vandalized, on the school and church, done by a few kids in the middle of the night. I don't blame Trump for this. I blame racist fools.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 8:42:48 PM
At 11/17/2016 5:42:23 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Media drives narrative. Personal bias ideology drives decision making. Can't blame media for x... just like a person can't blame coke vs Pepsi.

Yes, but if the mainstream media's narrative is consistently pushing the same ideological agenda then there's a higher chance of a personal bias, that aligns with that narrative, forming in their viewers. We are, after all, an animal with a herd mentality psyche. There's no doubt that most mainstream media outlets held and still holds an anti-trump position, which certainly helped in influencing and sustaining, rather than quelling, the anti-trump movement.

I firmly believe that, had the media replaced their anti-Trump narrative with an anti-Hillary one throughout the campaigning process, and had additionally predicted accurately that Trump would win, we'd see much less rioting and fear-mongering from the left right now.

Are they to blame for everything? No, not by a long shot, but to dismiss their role in all of this completely wouldn't be intellectually appropriate in my opinion.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 9:01:35 PM
At 11/17/2016 8:42:48 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Yes, but if the mainstream media's narrative is consistently pushing the same ideological agenda then there's a higher chance of a personal bias, that aligns with that narrative, forming in their viewers. We are, after all, an animal with a herd mentality psyche. There's no doubt that most mainstream media outlets held and still holds an anti-trump position, which certainly helped in influencing and sustaining, rather than quelling, the anti-trump movement.

I firmly believe that, had the media replaced their anti-Trump narrative with an anti-Hillary one throughout the campaigning process, and had additionally predicted accurately that Trump would win, we'd see much less rioting and fear-mongering from the left right now.

Are they to blame for everything? No, not by a long shot, but to dismiss their role in all of this completely wouldn't be intellectually appropriate in my opinion.

Blade. Youre giving the media way too much credit here my friend. The sad part is like most misguided people, they do not realize how much the media has control of them. Its like they are the puppets. And the puppetmasters of the world are CNN, FOX NEWS, AND MSNBC. Its like an addiction. They cant get enough of the abuse. So they keep going back to the abuser. They cant see a way out of the drama that is the mainstream media. So any bad news is simply....news.
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 9:01:41 PM
At 11/17/2016 8:42:48 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Well when I say everything, I mean, exactly what you are referring to. Also, if the questions in the debates and the questions by reporters weren't so one sided, where there was no real answer for Trump, but a bad one, it would be different. The best debate moderator was the last one by Chris Wallace, from Fox, believe it or not.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 9:02:01 PM
At 11/17/2016 6:22:43 PM, Emilrose wrote:
Yeah...this is really a stupid argument. Media outlets mostly do tend to have certain biases in regards to their political agenda, but to claim the media is to blame for everything is absurd; particularly because its entire purpose (at least news media) is to report, and the reason why Donald Trump had a lot of negative reporting is because he did/said a lot of negative things.

As for protests and riots, again, the media can absolutely not be held accountable for this.

Well said Emil.
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2016 9:13:17 PM
At 11/17/2016 6:22:43 PM, Emilrose wrote:

Yes he did say a lot of negative things, but he also said a lot of things that were completely taken out of context. You seem like an informed person, what if you weren't, and all you payed attention to was headlines and edited videos, because you didn't really have the time to look into it too much. This would have been me 4 years ago, and I would have supported Hillary.
I appreciate your input on thinking this is a stupid argument, however, I really do think the outcome would be different had the media reported fairly. Who knows, Hillary might have even won!!!!