Jump to topic:

The intrusive state

slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 1:17:44 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Get ready. Basically the tea party and authoritarianism has won this election.

Jeff Sessions is the standard religious socually conservative Tea Party member who will now serve as Attorney General.

We can surely expect that civil rights to take a step back. Imagine police departments like Ferguson who targeted blacks will go unchecked.

I even highly doubt he would have brought the renegade lady who would not allow her entire department to issue gay marriage licenses to account.

He is also very much against sentencing overhauls. I'm not certain whether he would actively go after marijuana states, but very much a possibility.

Steve Bannon is basically in the same classification as a social conservative Tea Party populist who caters to deplorables.

Give +2 to the tea party with more to come.

Michael Flynn is National Security Advisor. He fits the Trump narrative that Russia is a great nation because of Putin and ISSL is #1 threat to US. It will be difficult for sect of state and defense to change that narrative with Trump with Flynn in his ear.

This is really beginning to look like the set up of an oppressive state. Even worse one that does not participate in justice for all.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 3:17:44 PM
Mike Pompeii, via director.

Tea Party member who very much supported NSA bulk data collections and other unconstitutional intrusions.

Winner winner, Tea Party. This is shaping up as a tea party administration which is right up authoritarian Trump's alley.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 6:48:00 PM
"He should be brought back from Russia and given due process, and I think the proper outcome would be that he would be given a death sentence,"

Pompeo on Snowden last month.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 8:18:56 PM
At 11/18/2016 6:48:00 PM, slo1 wrote:
"He should be brought back from Russia and given due process, and I think the proper outcome would be that he would be given a death sentence,"

This may seem a bit harsh, but Snowden did technically commit treason.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 8:31:25 PM
At 11/18/2016 8:18:56 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/18/2016 6:48:00 PM, slo1 wrote:

This may seem a bit harsh, but Snowden did technically commit treason.

Technically. But treason isn't always a bad thing.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 8:34:48 PM
At 11/18/2016 1:17:44 PM, slo1 wrote:
Get ready. Basically the tea party and authoritarianism has won this election.

Jeff Sessions is the standard religious socually conservative Tea Party member who will now serve as Attorney General.

We can surely expect that civil rights to take a step back. Imagine police departments like Ferguson who targeted blacks will go unchecked.

I even highly doubt he would have brought the renegade lady who would not allow her entire department to issue gay marriage licenses to account.

He is also very much against sentencing overhauls. I'm not certain whether he would actively go after marijuana states, but very much a possibility.

Steve Bannon is basically in the same classification as a social conservative Tea Party populist who caters to deplorables.

Give +2 to the tea party with more to come.

Michael Flynn is National Security Advisor. He fits the Trump narrative that Russia is a great nation because of Putin and ISSL is #1 threat to US. It will be difficult for sect of state and defense to change that narrative with Trump with Flynn in his ear.

This is really beginning to look like the set up of an oppressive state. Even worse one that does not participate in justice for all.

We had 8 years of a representative of the executive branch that was so anti-authoritarian that he chose not to execute the laws of the country.

The presidency was not created to ignore laws.