Jump to topic:

Is there equal opportunitys for All.

Lookingatissues
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 8:49:05 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Opportunities for success are supposed to be available to all Americans who strive to advance through hard work and efforts but no more.
America was once thought of as the land of opportunities where any individuals dreams could succeed if they pursued and worked diligently to see their dreams become a reality.
Americans once pledged allegiance to the countries flag and believed the words in the pledge,".....one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all, to be true. but America is no longer "....."one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all..." over time, those in positions of influence and power, the political aristocracy of the country, have stealthfully selected by their policies just who in America was allowed and chosen by them to win in life.
America's aristocracy while living on the same plot of earth as the average American citizen exist in a whole different world where the common concerns of the everyday citizen and their world are unfamiliar and they view the the common citizen as necessary cogs in the countries machinery easily replaced by other cogs when they no longer serve their purpose and functions. As Jay Gould one wrote," I can hire one half of the working class to kill the other half." Jay Gould, US financier & railroad businessman (1836 - 1892)
In a book that I recently read titled," Paved with Good Intentions" by Jared Taylor in which it detailed how major business foundations in this country contributed large sums of money to advance one group of citizens interests over another group of citizens even contributed money to professors at universities who hired from a certain group of citizens as asssistants. Educational opportunities, business opportunities, are allotted according to how each group is viewed by government not by qualifications or hard work thus the ability to succeed is determined by the aristocracy in Washington and those sitting on the countries high Court. Is this the same country which once pledged,".... one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all," or is it now a country where the words of the pledge of allegiance or longer applies to all citizens but only to those officially recognized by government.

The Pledge of Allegiance was written in August 1892 by
Francis Bellamy (1855-1931). It was originally published in The Youth's Companion on September 8, 1892.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 9:15:32 PM
Equal opportunity, not equal outcomes.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 9:49:09 PM
At 11/18/2016 8:49:05 PM, Lookingatissues wrote:
Opportunities for success are supposed to be available to all Americans who strive to advance through hard work and efforts but no more.
America was once thought of as the land of opportunities where any individuals dreams could succeed if they pursued and worked diligently to see their dreams become a reality.
Americans once pledged allegiance to the countries flag and believed the words in the pledge,".....one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all, to be true. but America is no longer "....."one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all..." over time, those in positions of influence and power, the political aristocracy of the country, have stealthfully selected by their policies just who in America was allowed and chosen by them to win in life.
America's aristocracy while living on the same plot of earth as the average American citizen exist in a whole different world where the common concerns of the everyday citizen and their world are unfamiliar and they view the the common citizen as necessary cogs in the countries machinery easily replaced by other cogs when they no longer serve their purpose and functions. As Jay Gould one wrote," I can hire one half of the working class to kill the other half." Jay Gould, US financier & railroad businessman (1836 - 1892)
In a book that I recently read titled," Paved with Good Intentions" by Jared Taylor in which it detailed how major business foundations in this country contributed large sums of money to advance one group of citizens interests over another group of citizens even contributed money to professors at universities who hired from a certain group of citizens as asssistants. Educational opportunities, business opportunities, are allotted according to how each group is viewed by government not by qualifications or hard work thus the ability to succeed is determined by the aristocracy in Washington and those sitting on the countries high Court. Is this the same country which once pledged,".... one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all," or is it now a country where the words of the pledge of allegiance or longer applies to all citizens but only to those officially recognized by government.

The Pledge of Allegiance was written in August 1892 by
Francis Bellamy (1855-1931). It was originally published in The Youth's Companion on September 8, 1892.

I think what we all need to take from this is that if have to guess who wrote a government saying you should go with Francis.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
AlyceTheElectrician
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2016 1:59:56 AM
In my observation and experience as an American, yes.

Honestly, only a few people state that "America is not the land of opportunity" I would like to read or have someone share their experience of no matter how hard they tried, exhausting every viable option possible, still couldn't make a better life for themselves in USA.

I've read many stories of overcoming adversity and finding success, but never not overcoming adversity and ultimately dying a total failure. That would be an interesting read.
Be who you are, Say what you feel, Because those who mind don"t matter, And those who matter don't mind.

BANGTAN! Blood, Sweat, & Tears> Check it out yes! https://www.youtube.com...
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2016 2:58:01 AM
At 11/18/2016 9:43:42 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Diversity ensures there are no equal opportunities.

How does diversity ensure there is not equality of opportunity?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2016 3:37:12 AM
At 11/19/2016 2:58:01 AM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:

Because the focus is on diversity instead of ability or content of character. Diversity should never be enforced.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2016 5:18:23 AM
At 11/19/2016 3:37:12 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 11/19/2016 2:58:01 AM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:

Because the focus is on diversity instead of ability or content of character. Diversity should never be enforced.

Thinking about it, I have seen instances where you could be viewed as correct. Go check out grants and scholarships for college. Register as a white male and you'll get options for writing essays that will take 10-20 hours each, with tiered rewards of $10-$100 for say the best five submissions. Change your demographics to black male and all of a sudden you get all kinds of hits for grants and scholarships ranging from $100 - $10,000 for essays that will take around 3-5 hours each, and tons of them.

Now obviously that argument could go either way for a number of reasons, but it's something I thought about when reading your response.