Jump to topic:

Should we come together?

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 11:38:43 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
Now that the election is over, should we continue to fight and cannibalize each other like we have for the last 100 years or should we try to find, if anything, that we might share common ground on and focus on that? I personally have nothing in common with the left and I know of nothing that anyone on the left would compromise on. The left has owned the narrative for the last 50 years. What would someone on the left move to the right on, so to speak? I can think of nothing. Can you? The right has been caving for 50 years. In my opinion we should pick sides and go to war with one another, how about you.?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 12:14:31 AM
At 11/25/2016 11:38:43 PM, sadolite wrote:
Now that the election is over, should we continue to fight and cannibalize each other like we have for the last 100 years or should we try to find, if anything, that we might share common ground on and focus on that? I personally have nothing in common with the left and I know of nothing that anyone on the left would compromise on. The left has owned the narrative for the last 50 years. What would someone on the left move to the right on, so to speak? I can think of nothing. Can you? The right has been caving for 50 years. In my opinion we should pick sides and go to war with one another, how about you.?

There's no common ground.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 12:22:31 AM
I can't say they've owned the narrative (Reagan, contract with America took up huge swaths of the 80s and 90s) but they've owned the media.

Actually this election did unite rural dems with the right. However the left-right split is getting dated as the 'sides' are morphing into something completely different. The right is definitely not poli-sci conservative and the progressive is actually more corporatist even while railing against.

It's like the twilight zone.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 12:34:30 AM
At 11/26/2016 12:22:31 AM, Stymie13 wrote:
I can't say they've owned the narrative (Reagan, contract with America took up huge swaths of the 80s and 90s) but they've owned the media.

Actually this election did unite rural dems with the right. However the left-right split is getting dated as the 'sides' are morphing into something completely different. The right is definitely not poli-sci conservative and the progressive is actually more corporatist even while railing against.

I was farting around on youtube, and came up with something I have never seen before:

http://en.wikipedia.org...

There's actually a movement to disobey the law of a nation....sweet jesus.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 12:51:32 AM
At 11/26/2016 12:34:30 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 11/26/2016 12:22:31 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

I was farting around on youtube, and came up with something I have never seen before:

http://en.wikipedia.org...

There's actually a movement to disobey the law of a nation....sweet

I'm actually well versed in it. Sovereign citizens are out there, however sovereigns (pre14th amendment language) ... we clearly distinct ourselves from them and the post 14th amend of citizen.

Think of it in John Locke's 'life, liberty, property'... before we changed it. My rights end where yours begin 'property'. It's a more articles vs constitutional view of the fed concentrating power in state constitutions (it's also why sovereigns distinct from sov citizen. We respect the state just ultra Leery of the fed. Sov citizens think , well...lol)
Fernyx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 2:56:18 AM

It will never happen. As Ben Shapiro said, people are not taught policy, just that the other side is evil.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 2:58:53 AM

In my opinion we should pick sides and go to war with one another, how about you.?

We dont have to go to war since you'll likely be dead in 5 years, we can just run out the clock
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 11:03:32 AM

I've been sayin that for awhile, but now I think I'm just getting to the point where I'm cashin in my chips and just letting people be crazy. They can do what they want and I'll just keep livin my life. Just need my dog, my gun, beer, a fishin rod, and if it gets that bad, I'll start smokin too and gett'r done with.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Chang29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2016 1:31:36 AM

A huge problem is that America's major parties already agree on far too much.
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.