Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Recount -.-

PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 6:44:08 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
A couple days ago, Green candidate Jill Stein announced a crowd funding/grassroots campaign to amass money to call for a recount in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. While some may have believed this was a wasted effort, apparently she amassed millions of dollars and is now able to file recount petitions. She was soon joined by Reform Party nominee Rocky de la Fuente and today the Clinton campaign has joined the efforts. This is in combination of the fact that Clinton's popular vote advantage is now surpassing 2 million (https://www.bostonglobe.com..., http://www.washingtonexaminer.com..., http://www.theatlantic.com..., and http://www.cnn.com...)

Think this will do anything?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 6:54:58 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
If nothing else, I think we can all agree that modern electronic voting machines can't be trusted.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Fernyx
Posts: 308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 7:05:44 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/26/2016 6:44:08 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
A couple days ago, Green candidate Jill Stein announced a crowd funding/grassroots campaign to amass money to call for a recount in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. While some may have believed this was a wasted effort, apparently she amassed millions of dollars and is now able to file recount petitions. She was soon joined by Reform Party nominee Rocky de la Fuente and today the Clinton campaign has joined the efforts. This is in combination of the fact that Clinton's popular vote advantage is now surpassing 2 million (https://www.bostonglobe.com..., http://www.washingtonexaminer.com..., http://www.theatlantic.com..., and http://www.cnn.com...)

Think this will do anything?

It will do something, just like all the crowd funding did in this campaign. It bought Bernie a 600k house and now will buy Jill a yacht. She could get the recount for free if it was really her intentions. I can't blame her for playing with America's idiots, making them believe that the election could possibly be overturned, and profiting off it, I would have done the same.
Death23
Posts: 780
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 7:39:21 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/26/2016 7:34:07 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
It will do nothing to effect the election results.

My understanding is that there would have to be compelling evidence of widespread tampering across multiple states and the proper legal process would have to be followed in each of those states. It seems unlikely that that will happen, but I wouldn't rule it out altogether.
Stymie13
Posts: 2,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 7:51:46 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/26/2016 7:39:21 PM, Death23 wrote:
At 11/26/2016 7:34:07 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
It will do nothing to effect the election results.

My understanding is that there would have to be compelling evidence of widespread tampering across multiple states and the proper legal process would have to be followed in each of those states. It seems unlikely that that will happen, but I wouldn't rule it out altogether.

It'll get tied up or pushed to the backpage... mostly because of extremely small vote garner.

Not dismissing your outline as you are correct. Stein just isn't well known enough for the bureaucracy to care.
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 11:41:26 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/26/2016 6:44:08 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
A couple days ago, Green candidate Jill Stein announced a crowd funding/grassroots campaign to amass money to call for a recount in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. While some may have believed this was a wasted effort, apparently she amassed millions of dollars and is now able to file recount petitions. She was soon joined by Reform Party nominee Rocky de la Fuente and today the Clinton campaign has joined the efforts. This is in combination of the fact that Clinton's popular vote advantage is now surpassing 2 million (https://www.bostonglobe.com..., http://www.washingtonexaminer.com..., http://www.theatlantic.com..., and http://www.cnn.com...)

Think this will do anything?

I think the impacts will be more reforms for future elections than changes to the outcome of this election.
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 11:42:18 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/26/2016 6:54:58 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
If nothing else, I think we can all agree that modern electronic voting machines can't be trusted.

That is the goal of the recount, to get rid of voting machines.
Chang29
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2016 1:21:04 AM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/26/2016 6:44:08 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
A couple days ago, Green candidate Jill Stein announced a crowd funding/grassroots campaign to amass money to call for a recount in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. While some may have believed this was a wasted effort, apparently she amassed millions of dollars and is now able to file recount petitions. She was soon joined by Reform Party nominee Rocky de la Fuente and today the Clinton campaign has joined the efforts. This is in combination of the fact that Clinton's popular vote advantage is now surpassing 2 million (https://www.bostonglobe.com..., http://www.washingtonexaminer.com..., http://www.theatlantic.com..., and http://www.cnn.com...)

Think this will do anything?

People questioning a government decision, this can not stand.
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.
Cubswin
Posts: 22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2016 12:29:21 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
lol,...how come the Dems are not recounting States they barely won??? hahahahaha New Hampshire they barely squeaked by and won by only..... .4%

Hillary has already conceded lol. This is just a scam by treasonous Dems to desperately try to change the results... AND... to get their lawyers rich... attorneys fees,...millions.. MILLIONS of collars in costs for recounts! unbelievable!

Also,... the recount could be DELIBERATELY slowed by the democrats...so as to not reach the December 13 deadline to have the recount finished!!! If that happened,... the electoral votes would not count!!!

Yea,... think about that! I submit.... that is EXACTLY what their intentions are!

What are we talking about this for,.. arrest the treasonous bastards! It's an attempt at a political coup.... by circumventing the electoral college!!!

Hillary won popular vote? How? Over two million deceased people miraculously rose from the dead and voted for her!!! How come those votes are not thrown out??? More importantly,.. how were those dead people allowed to vote??? Ask the Democrats
Lynx_N
Posts: 276
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2016 2:16:27 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/27/2016 12:29:21 PM, Cubswin wrote:
lol,...how come the Dems are not recounting States they barely won??? hahahahaha New Hampshire they barely squeaked by and won by only..... .4%

Hillary has already conceded lol. This is just a scam by treasonous Dems to desperately try to change the results... AND... to get their lawyers rich... attorneys fees,...millions.. MILLIONS of collars in costs for recounts! unbelievable!

Also,... the recount could be DELIBERATELY slowed by the democrats...so as to not reach the December 13 deadline to have the recount finished!!! If that happened,... the electoral votes would not count!!!

Yea,... think about that! I submit.... that is EXACTLY what their intentions are!

What are we talking about this for,.. arrest the treasonous bastards! It's an attempt at a political coup.... by circumventing the electoral college!!!

Hillary won popular vote? How? Over two million deceased people miraculously rose from the dead and voted for her!!! How come those votes are not thrown out??? More importantly,.. how were those dead people allowed to vote??? Ask the Democrats

Now, if Hillary actually wins the Presidency because of all this, will you apologize to her then?
In that case you should practice this line, "I'm sorry Madam President" and then you should say it like you really mean it, while looking sad with your eyes peeled to the floor and sporting a trembling lower lip, just like Boehner.
Bronto?
Congrats.

poet
Stymie13
Posts: 2,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2016 3:27:15 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/27/2016 2:16:27 PM, Lynx_N wrote:
At 11/27/2016 12:29:21 PM, Cubswin wrote:
lol,...how come the Dems are not recounting States they barely won??? hahahahaha New Hampshire they barely squeaked by and won by only..... .4%

Hillary has already conceded lol. This is just a scam by treasonous Dems to desperately try to change the results... AND... to get their lawyers rich... attorneys fees,...millions.. MILLIONS of collars in costs for recounts! unbelievable!

Also,... the recount could be DELIBERATELY slowed by the democrats...so as to not reach the December 13 deadline to have the recount finished!!! If that happened,... the electoral votes would not count!!!

Yea,... think about that! I submit.... that is EXACTLY what their intentions are!

What are we talking about this for,.. arrest the treasonous bastards! It's an attempt at a political coup.... by circumventing the electoral college!!!

Hillary won popular vote? How? Over two million deceased people miraculously rose from the dead and voted for her!!! How come those votes are not thrown out??? More importantly,.. how were those dead people allowed to vote??? Ask the Democrats

Now, if Hillary actually wins the Presidency because of all this, will you apologize to her then?
In that case you should practice this line, "I'm sorry Madam President" and then you should say it like you really mean it, while looking sad with your eyes peeled to the floor and sporting a trembling lower lip, just like Boehner.

Silly supposition but yes, I would
xus00HAY
Posts: 1,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2016 3:31:09 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
In the electoral college, the electors can vote for a candidate that did not get a majority of votes in his state.
Back in the 1700s when the system was created they believed that there may be a situation where they would need to do this.
Here in the 21st century this does not make sense to us ,but it is the law.
I suppose you bleeding heart liberals just can't believe that the majority of a state's voters would choose a man who was as bad as Trump.
I assume it would be possible to hack into the computer and get it to not choose the one who had the real majority for that state. So I suppose it is possible that the GOP stole another election, and if enough electors believe that, they could give Hillary enough electoral votes to win.
Death23
Posts: 780
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2016 5:24:04 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/27/2016 3:31:09 PM, xus00HAY wrote:
In the electoral college, the electors can vote for a candidate that did not get a majority of votes in his state.
Back in the 1700s when the system was created they believed that there may be a situation where they would need to do this.
Here in the 21st century this does not make sense to us ,but it is the law.
I suppose you bleeding heart liberals just can't believe that the majority of a state's voters would choose a man who was as bad as Trump.
I assume it would be possible to hack into the computer and get it to not choose the one who had the real majority for that state. So I suppose it is possible that the GOP stole another election, and if enough electors believe that, they could give Hillary enough electoral votes to win.

If there was any hacking going on, which I don't see as probable, then the most likely suspect would be Russia and not the GoP. I'm not aware of any indication that the GoP would do anything like that. It would be very risky politically for the GoP to hack an election, and the GoP seems to be trying to use voter ID laws to disenfranchise minorities as opposed to hacking the voting machines. Russia, on the other hand, has hacked elections before and there doesn't appear to be any significant political risk for Russia to do that.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2016 6:57:01 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
And Trump responds in his typical way by calling it a "scam". He accused Stein of trying to "fill her coffers with money", and said "The people have spoken and the election is over" (http://www.bbc.com...).
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...