Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Endorsement: Keith Ellison for DNC Chair

TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2016 5:04:03 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
I don't normally endorse candidates, but I, a conservative Republican, feel strongly that Keith Ellison should be appointed DNC chair. There is no better candidate for the job of rebuilding trust among Rust Belt workers, midwestern moderates, and rural folks.

Keith Ellison has a strong history of caring about the issues middle America cares about: he has strongly supported the Nation of Islam, has proposed innovative ideas such as endorsed reparations to be paid directly to blacks by working-class whites, and has supported the idea of a state specifically for black people. Truly, nothing will reignite the Democratic roots of the working class more than black separatism. Additionally, he has boldly taken the stance that his party must oppose the second amendment. These issues present a bold and surely popular winning agenda for rural America and the rust belt.

On top of this, Ellison is strongly informed on foreign policy. He has solid connections with the Muslim Brotherhood and has the support of CAIR, which has ties to the venerable political party Hamas. Moreover, he has taken the bold step of opposing the Israeli Iron Dome program, which protects Israeli civilians from rocket attacks. He has also questioned Bush's role in 9/11. This bold leadership is just what the American public has been looking for.

I have faith Keith Ellison will represent the Democratic Party well. I think Democrats have found a real winner here, someone who could potentially be the next Jeremy Corbyn. To pass up this great opportunity would be foolish. What do you have to lose?
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,815
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2016 5:12:15 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Where is the logic in opposing the iron dome?
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations.
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection,
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,996
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2016 5:13:53 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/27/2016 5:04:03 AM, TN05 wrote:
I don't normally endorse candidates, but I, a conservative Republican, feel strongly that Keith Ellison should be appointed DNC chair. There is no better candidate for the job of rebuilding trust among Rust Belt workers, midwestern moderates, and rural folks.

Keith Ellison has a strong history of caring about the issues middle America cares about: he has strongly supported the Nation of Islam, has proposed innovative ideas such as endorsed reparations to be paid directly to blacks by working-class whites, and has supported the idea of a state specifically for black people. Truly, nothing will reignite the Democratic roots of the working class more than black separatism. Additionally, he has boldly taken the stance that his party must oppose the second amendment. These issues present a bold and surely popular winning agenda for rural America and the rust belt.

On top of this, Ellison is strongly informed on foreign policy. He has solid connections with the Muslim Brotherhood and has the support of CAIR, which has ties to the venerable political party Hamas. Moreover, he has taken the bold step of opposing the Israeli Iron Dome program, which protects Israeli civilians from rocket attacks. He has also questioned Bush's role in 9/11. This bold leadership is just what the American public has been looking for.

I have faith Keith Ellison will represent the Democratic Party well. I think Democrats have found a real winner here, someone who could potentially be the next Jeremy Corbyn. To pass up this great opportunity would be foolish. What do you have to lose?

I endorse Obama.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2016 5:14:38 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/27/2016 5:12:15 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Where is the logic in opposing the iron dome?

Well we can't let people survive rocket attacks, can we? That's just not the right thing to do. The progressive way is to let people die.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,815
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2016 5:18:23 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/27/2016 5:14:38 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 11/27/2016 5:12:15 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Where is the logic in opposing the iron dome?

Well we can't let people survive rocket attacks, can we? That's just not the right thing to do. The progressive way is to let people die.

Oh, this was a sarcastic post.
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations.
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection,
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2016 5:35:59 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/27/2016 5:04:03 AM, TN05 wrote:
I don't normally endorse candidates, but I, a conservative Republican, feel strongly that Keith Ellison should be appointed DNC chair. There is no better candidate for the job of rebuilding trust among Rust Belt workers, midwestern moderates, and rural folks.

Keith Ellison has a strong history of caring about the issues middle America cares about: he has strongly supported the Nation of Islam, has proposed innovative ideas such as endorsed reparations to be paid directly to blacks by working-class whites, and has supported the idea of a state specifically for black people. Truly, nothing will reignite the Democratic roots of the working class more than black separatism. Additionally, he has boldly taken the stance that his party must oppose the second amendment. These issues present a bold and surely popular winning agenda for rural America and the rust belt.

On top of this, Ellison is strongly informed on foreign policy. He has solid connections with the Muslim Brotherhood and has the support of CAIR, which has ties to the venerable political party Hamas. Moreover, he has taken the bold step of opposing the Israeli Iron Dome program, which protects Israeli civilians from rocket attacks. He has also questioned Bush's role in 9/11. This bold leadership is just what the American public has been looking for.

I have faith Keith Ellison will represent the Democratic Party well. I think Democrats have found a real winner here, someone who could potentially be the next Jeremy Corbyn. To pass up this great opportunity would be foolish. What do you have to lose?

I concur. Honestly, I don't know why the DNC hasn't thought of appointing a Muslim before; that's clearly what blue collar workers want.
"Whatever else is evil, the pride of a good mother in the beauty of her daughter is good. It is one of those adamantine tendernesses which are the touchstones of every age and race. If other things are against it, other things must go down. If landlords and laws and sciences are against it, landlords and laws and sciences must go down. With the red hair of one she-urchin in the gutter I will set fire to all modern civilization."
- G. K. Chesterton -
Fernyx
Posts: 450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2016 4:01:58 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
I as a conservative pray he wins, it will split the democrats in 2 and give republicans the office for the next 20 years, and we 'should' have better nominees than Trump in the upcoming years.
YYW
Posts: 37,187
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2016 4:54:10 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Obviously there is little doubt that Keith Elliosn would be one of, if not the single worst possible nominee for DNC chair. The progressive bullshit_surrounding his name floating is astonishingly myopic.
: At 1/11/2017 2:38:28 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
: : At 1/10/2017 11:06:32 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
: : How do we lessen the amount of sexual harassment on this site?
:
: Ban thett3 and YYW.
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,188
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2016 10:55:04 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/27/2016 5:14:38 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 11/27/2016 5:12:15 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Where is the logic in opposing the iron dome?

Well we can't let people survive rocket attacks, can we? That's just not the right thing to do. The progressive way is to let people die.

Because some of us don't believe we should be giving any aid to countries like Israel and Saudi Arabia.
Also, many experts say Iron Dome doesn't actually work and the early warning system is more effective, combined with the fact that Qassam Rockets miss their targets roughly 80% of the time.
"I am for Socialism because I am for Humanity"-Eugene Debs

Liechtenstein election endorsement: Free List
YYW
Posts: 37,187
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 12:36:09 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/28/2016 10:55:04 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 11/27/2016 5:14:38 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 11/27/2016 5:12:15 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Where is the logic in opposing the iron dome?

Well we can't let people survive rocket attacks, can we? That's just not the right thing to do. The progressive way is to let people die.

Because some of us don't believe we should be giving any aid to countries like Israel and Saudi Arabia.
Also, many experts say Iron Dome doesn't actually work and the early warning system is more effective, combined with the fact that Qassam Rockets miss their targets roughly 80% of the time.

It's perfectly legitimate to not want to support Saudi Arabia. What is not legitimate in any respect is to desire to distance ourselves from Israel.
: At 1/11/2017 2:38:28 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
: : At 1/10/2017 11:06:32 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
: : How do we lessen the amount of sexual harassment on this site?
:
: Ban thett3 and YYW.
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,188
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 12:42:23 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/29/2016 12:36:09 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/28/2016 10:55:04 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 11/27/2016 5:14:38 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 11/27/2016 5:12:15 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Where is the logic in opposing the iron dome?

Well we can't let people survive rocket attacks, can we? That's just not the right thing to do. The progressive way is to let people die.

Because some of us don't believe we should be giving any aid to countries like Israel and Saudi Arabia.
Also, many experts say Iron Dome doesn't actually work and the early warning system is more effective, combined with the fact that Qassam Rockets miss their targets roughly 80% of the time.

It's perfectly legitimate to not want to support Saudi Arabia. What is not legitimate in any respect is to desire to distance ourselves from Israel.

Really? So we should be okay with the occupation of sovereign territory, the violation of UN Resolutions and the violation of various international agreements including the Hauge Convention and the Geneva Convention?
"I am for Socialism because I am for Humanity"-Eugene Debs

Liechtenstein election endorsement: Free List
YYW
Posts: 37,187
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 12:53:42 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/29/2016 12:42:23 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 11/29/2016 12:36:09 AM, YYW wrote:
It's perfectly legitimate to not want to support Saudi Arabia. What is not legitimate in any respect is to desire to distance ourselves from Israel.

Really? So we should be okay with the occupation of sovereign territory, the violation of UN Resolutions and the violation of various international agreements including the Hauge Convention and the Geneva Convention?

Recognizing Palestine as a "sovereign territory" is inconsistent with the UN's current recognition of their status as a non-member observer state within the United Nations. There are some states which recognize Palestinian sovereignty, while many others (including the United States) do not. So, to the extent that you're suggesting that Palestine's sovereignty is settled, you're misrepresenting reality.

And, before you start throwing numbers at me (as in, a majority of UN member states have recognized Palestinian statehood and, moreover, engaged in the establishment of bilateral relations with them) recognize that a state's sovereignty is not contingent upon a majority of countries' recognition as such. It's quite a bit more complicated than that, for reasons that are as complex as they are controversial.

With respect to your suggestion that supporting Israel implies the violation of UN resolutions and various international agreements, including the Hague Convention and Geneva Convention, that, too, is mistaken for somewhat similar reasons. First of all, you have failed to articulate any form of violation of any international treaty, law, or anything else and therefore your argument fails for that reason alone. But, because I know the conventional arguments (and they are easily dismissed), the fact that the United States militarily supports Israel does not mean that we are party to "violation" -- if any -- which Israel may or may not have themselves engaged in.

Just to ignore some of the more basic and structural aspects of what I imagine you would hold out as arguments (e.g. "the UN has passed resolutions condemning Israel, and yet the US aids Israel, therefore Palestinian blood is on America's hands," and other, similar idiocy) the actor distinction is one that is oft lost on the progressive left. The fact that the US does something and then Israel does something does not mean that the US is liable for what Israel does, if it's wrong at all. And, beyond that, there is no indication (competent or otherwise) that Israel is engaged in any form of misconduct in any sense.
: At 1/11/2017 2:38:28 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
: : At 1/10/2017 11:06:32 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
: : How do we lessen the amount of sexual harassment on this site?
:
: Ban thett3 and YYW.
thett3
Posts: 14,630
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 7:39:29 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Oh please let this happen. Double down. I want the exodus of whites from the Democratic Party to accelerate.

The Democratic Party needs to make it clear that there is no place for white people in either the party or their vision for America. Young whites voted for Trump, but only by a 5 point margin. By appointing leaders like Keith Ellison, we can probably push that margin to 15 next cycle
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 8:25:11 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 11/29/2016 7:39:29 PM, thett3 wrote:
Oh please let this happen. Double down. I want the exodus of whites from the Democratic Party to accelerate.

The Democratic Party needs to make it clear that there is no place for white people in either the party or their vision for America. Young whites voted for Trump, but only by a 5 point margin. By appointing leaders like Keith Ellison, we can probably push that margin to 15 next cycle

The map may look like this in 4 years if they decide to go the Ellison route:

http://www.270towin.com...