Jump to topic:

under investigation for being a terrorist

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 3:39:16 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
The other day my fiance was pulled over for speeding and she was unaware that her license has been suspended. Anyway when they were searching the car they noticed a book on CD I had checked out from the library on ISIS and asked her "what is this". This is in Columbus Ohio where I have just moved last week. It should also be noted there is a seemingly large Muslim population here from what I can tell. Anyway the day after the car gets towed that dam OSU attack happened and ofcourse though the police aren't mentioning it there were at least 2 people involved due to the pulled fire alarm. Anyway some retarded cop got the gears in his head turning and although my fiance got her license straightened out the car is now under investigation and she can't get it back. I guarantee she is a suspected terrorist now either that or I am because she said the book was mine.

I said it before and I'll say it again. The police are the stupidist people on the planet, and they are even more retarded when they are panicked.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 3:45:46 PM
At 11/29/2016 3:39:16 PM, Wylted wrote:
The other day my fiance was pulled over for speeding and she was unaware that her license has been suspended. Anyway when they were searching the car they noticed a book on CD I had checked out from the library on ISIS and asked her "what is this". This is in Columbus Ohio where I have just moved last week. It should also be noted there is a seemingly large Muslim population here from what I can tell. Anyway the day after the car gets towed that dam OSU attack happened and ofcourse though the police aren't mentioning it there were at least 2 people involved due to the pulled fire alarm. Anyway some retarded cop got the gears in his head turning and although my fiance got her license straightened out the car is now under investigation and she can't get it back. I guarantee she is a suspected terrorist now either that or I am because she said the book was mine.

I said it before and I'll say it again. The police are the stupidist people on the planet, and they are even more retarded when they are panicked.

You just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, crap like that happens, your fianc" will get her car back eventually, no need to freak out, at least your not the guy who was responsible for the OSU attack you have nothing to hide, it's no different then crossing the border, the agents will ask you a million questions make you feel all guilty, they are just doing their job
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 3:50:19 PM
Actually if that is the reason for the investigation I will freak out. Even if I was Muslim I should be allowed to check out books on ISIS especially ones critical of them, without extra scrutiny.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 3:53:55 PM

How many years do you think it'll be before you end up on the "banned from the United States" list?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 4:00:14 PM
At 11/29/2016 3:53:55 PM, Vaarka wrote:

How many years do you think it'll be before you end up on the "banned from the United States" list?

I think Homeland Security will have him on the list by the new year as "sympathiser to ISIS" NSA is probably already monitoring his phone

Turn off your phone and take the battery out, YOU ARE BEING TRACKED BY THE GPS IN YOUR PHONE!!!
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 4:01:53 PM
At 11/29/2016 4:00:14 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

I think Homeland Security will have him on the list by the new year as "sympathiser to ISIS" NSA is probably already monitoring his phone

Turn off your phone and take the battery out, YOU ARE BEING TRACKED BY THE GPS IN YOUR PHONE!!!

Lol, if they're honestly trying to track him, he should just continue with life as if nothing's wrong, especially if he's innocent.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 4:02:37 PM

I would love that. It would give me some credibility in free speech and patriot circles. I've never had credibility.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 4:05:19 PM
Posted: 6 days ago
At 11/29/2016 4:01:53 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 11/29/2016
Lol, if they're honestly trying to track him, he should just continue with life as if nothing's wrong, especially if he's innocent.

I'd rather force them to confront me in an interrogation room like men than to sit there and listen to me while hiding in the shadows.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 4:06:38 PM

unfortunately sounds like you should consult with a lawyer, the audio book would have the stamp of the library so that should be quick and easy for them to verify, however there's nothing to verify since it's not illegal to have it, possible civil rights violations here, you should talk with someone knowledgeable.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 4:10:59 PM
At 11/29/2016 4:06:38 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

unfortunately sounds like you should consult with a lawyer, the audio book would have the stamp of the library so that should be quick and easy for them to verify, however there's nothing to verify since it's not illegal to have it, possible civil rights violations here, you should talk with someone knowledgeable.

Oh I will. I will talk to organizations I have always hated like the ACLU and leaders in the local Muslim community as well as librarians and media.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 4:11:39 PM

I would love that. It would give me some credibility in free speech and patriot circles. I've never had credibility.

Under the Patriot Act the government agents can strip you down and detain you indefinitely without a judge or trial for up to 3 years.

You better watch it, you might just disappear one day and wake up in some underground cell being water boarded or worse in Guantanamo bay
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 4:16:53 PM
At 11/29/2016 4:11:39 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Under the Patriot Act the government agents can strip you down and detain you indefinitely without a judge or trial for up to 3 years.

You better watch it, you might just disappear one day and wake up in some underground cell being water boarded or worse in Guantanamo bay

If that is a legitate fear in America than I don't care what happens to me.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 4:23:06 PM
Well you do look like Gomer Pyle from Full Metal Jacket...
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 4:23:40 PM
At 11/29/2016 4:10:59 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/29/2016 4:06:38 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Oh I will. I will talk to organizations I have always hated like the ACLU and leaders in the local Muslim community as well as librarians and media.

well that really sucks that they are putting you through this and I hope it gets made right quickly, but this sort of thing is why many people want smaller government and believe it has too much power. best of luck to you both.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 4:26:51 PM
At 11/29/2016 4:23:06 PM, Devilry wrote:

Gomer pyle was from Andy Griffith.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 4:29:18 PM
At 11/29/2016 4:26:51 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/29/2016 4:23:06 PM, Devilry wrote:

Gomer pyle was from Andy Griffith.

Touche.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 4:44:21 PM
Yep FBI terrorist investigators just questioned me. He did say he knew the cops were idiots but they are forced to check every lead. Not sure if he was buttering me up.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 5:07:09 PM
At 11/29/2016 4:44:21 PM, Wylted wrote:
Yep FBI terrorist investigators just questioned me. He did say he knew the cops were idiots but they are forced to check every lead. Not sure if he was buttering me up.

He was buttering you up as he slipped that bug transmitter on the back of your shirt, you will be watched closely now, watch for the guy with the newspaper pretending like he is just reading the paper on the park bench and that mysterious car sitting at the end of your street.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 5:22:57 PM

did you record it? I would have. There's an old supreme court ruling that basically says law enforcement can lie to you to get the information they want, but you probably new that already.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 5:28:30 PM
At 11/29/2016 5:22:57 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

did you record it? I would have. There's an old supreme court ruling that basically says law enforcement can lie to you to get the information they want, but you probably new that already.

I don't know if he would have time to pull out the phone or tape recorder if he was quickly approached and questioned. But what does recording the conversation do?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 5:28:48 PM

I doubt the FBI wil deny checking up on a lead. It is the local cops I'm mad at for this.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 6:35:30 PM

I'm sure you'd be surprised how often some incidental item like this actually proves to be useful. The front line guys are front line guys for a reason.

Besides you do seem pretty suspicious to me...
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 6:38:33 PM
At 11/29/2016 5:28:30 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

I don't know if he would have time to pull out the phone or tape recorder if he was quickly approached and questioned. But what does recording the conversation do?

anything you say can and will be used against you, especially if it's your word against their's. I'm just not that trusting, I wouldn't have talked to them anyway w/o a lawyer present.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 6:42:16 PM
I'm sure you'd be surprised how often some incidental item like this actually proves to be useful. The front line guys are front line guys for a reason.

I actually doubt books critical of radical Islam are the types of books radical Islamist militants keep lying around.

Maybe but it sets a bad precedent to have the FBI start investigating people for what types of library books they check out. It may even be a first amendment violationI to do so.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 6:47:06 PM
At 11/29/2016 6:42:16 PM, Wylted wrote:

I actually doubt books critical of radical Islam are the types of books radical Islamist militants keep lying around.

That is exactly what radicals think want us to think. I'm sure you were researching authors to commit Jihad against...

Maybe but it sets a bad precedent to have the FBI start investigating people for what types of library books they check out. It may even be a first amendment violationI to do so.

Meh. Constitutional amendments are so passe. Executive orders is where its at these days.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 6:47:58 PM

I agree, but unfortunately the Patriot Act lets the government investigate anyone with any remote ties to terrorism such as taking out a book on ISIS as a warrant of suspicion. Even looking on line at ISIS related material will put you on radar with the NSA, you are probably already on some watch list because of the book
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 6:51:14 PM
At 11/29/2016 6:47:58 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

I agree, but unfortunately the Patriot Act lets the government investigate anyone with any remote ties to terrorism such as taking out a book on ISIS as a warrant of suspicion. Even looking on line at ISIS related material will put you on radar with the NSA, you are probably already on some watch list because of the book

sure they can investigate all they want, you don't have to cooperate or compromise yourself.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 6:59:08 PM

you might be on the no fly list now too.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 7:01:10 PM
At 11/29/2016 6:59:08 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

you might be on the no fly list now too.

I seriously doubt it. It's not that serious. More the fault of stupid local cops than an out of control federal agency.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 7:01:57 PM
At 11/29/2016 6:51:14 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 11/29/2016 6:47:58 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

sure they can investigate all they want, you don't have to cooperate or compromise yourself.

I think if you don't cooperate they will find that more suspicious and you will be on some list