Jump to topic:

Too many drunk driving deaths - ban alcohol

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 8:55:09 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Drivers) is proposing we ban alcohol completely because of too many deaths behind the wheel of cars with drivers being drunk.

Ban alcohol?
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 9:07:31 PM
At 11/29/2016 8:55:09 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Drivers) is proposing we ban alcohol completely because of too many deaths behind the wheel of cars with drivers being drunk.

Ban alcohol?

Too much money involved here. It will never happen.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 9:11:33 PM

Ban alcohol?

they tried that, didn't work out so well. but you must remember ethanol is used for more things than drinking. it's mixed with gasoline, I don't think that's an organization you want to take on, they are tied together, if you look to the past around prohibition time when cars actually ran off of alcohol and the oil producers wanted it banned....it's a tangled mess to be sure. Something is coming up but it is focused on marijuana, the question is and would apply here as well, does the government have the authority to tell you want you can and can't put in your own body? You can already make alcohol for personal consumption, btw marijuana dui are going up pretty fast in the states that now allow it.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 9:12:25 PM

Ban alcohol?

Ban cars.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 9:16:48 PM
At 11/29/2016 9:11:33 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Ban alcohol?

they tried that, didn't work out so well. but you must remember ethanol is used for more things than drinking. it's mixed with gasoline, I don't think that's an organization you want to take on, they are tied together, if you look to the past around prohibition time when cars actually ran off of alcohol and the oil producers wanted it banned....it's a tangled mess to be sure. Something is coming up but it is focused on marijuana, the question is and would apply here as well, does the government have the authority to tell you want you can and can't put in your own body? You can already make alcohol for personal consumption, btw marijuana dui are going up pretty fast in the states that now allow it.

I hear Canada is going to legalize marijuana next spring, it will be sold in the liquor stores which are run by the government in Canada.

It sure will put a new meaning to smoke break at work.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 9:25:00 PM
At 11/29/2016 9:16:48 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Ban alcohol?

I hear Canada is going to legalize marijuana next spring, it will be sold in the liquor stores which are run by the government in Canada.

lol just what the need
Canadians Drink More Than 50% Above Global Average
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca...

though they keep everything hush hush since they don't really have a freedom of information etc I'll bet their illegal drug use is way up there too.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 9:26:26 PM
well shoot that didn't take long to find
Canada"s drunk-driving death rate worst among wealthy countries, U.S. study finds
http://news.nationalpost.com...
Canada ranks No. 1 among 19 wealthy countries for percentage of roadway deaths linked to alcohol impairment,

doh Canada
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 9:28:36 PM
At 11/29/2016 9:25:00 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Ban alcohol?

lol just what the need

though they keep everything hush hush since they don't really have a freedom of information etc I'll bet their illegal drug use is way up there too.

Canadians have the highest usage of marijuana by teenagers in the G8 countries, the study came out because there has been many pro and con discussions about legalizing marijuana in the spring

And they drink a lot more because it's so friggin cold up there for 6 month of the year, what else are you going to do, have a beer and pass the dutchie on the left hand side
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 9:50:08 PM
At 11/29/2016 9:28:36 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 11/29/2016 9:25:00 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Ban alcohol?

lol just what the need

Canadians have the highest usage of marijuana by teenagers in the G8 countries, the study came out because there has been many pro and con discussions about legalizing marijuana in the spring

And they drink a lot more because it's so friggin cold up there for 6 month of the year, what else are you going to do, have a beer and pass the dutchie on the left hand side

Canadians are less strict with their laws concerning mary jane.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 1:55:34 AM
At 11/29/2016 9:12:25 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Ban alcohol?

Ban cars.

Ban mothers. Do these people really read the stuff they write?
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 4:08:27 AM
Impossible. It is counterproductive, that already failed in the past.

It is better to ban cars. USA -and probably Canada as well- is all full of long and wide roads that encourages people to use cars as being competing in Formula 1. There are traffic rules, of course, and they are skipped by drunk people.

BR
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 5:05:58 PM
Posted: 6 days ago

Ban alcohol?

Tried and failed. What hasn't been tried is banning cars. Yeah, that's it. Lets ban cars.
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 5:10:11 PM
Posted: 6 days ago

Ban alcohol?

If the rate of middle school suicides is now higher than deaths caused by automobile accidents, and not all automobile accidents are caused by drunk driving, then should we be banning middle school instead so that they stop killing themselves?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya