Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 5:19:47 PM
Posted: 2 days ago
http://www.nytimes.com...

http://www.professorwatchlist.org...

http://billmoyers.com...

NEW SITE TARGETS LIBERAL PROFESSORS

As you may or may not know, a new website that accuses nearly 200 college professors of advancing "leftist propaganda in the classroom" and discriminating against conservative students has been developed.

The site has been correctly criticized as a threat to academic freedom. Indeed, it has that potential.

CONSERVATIVE STUDENTS CRY WOLF

The site, Professor Watchlist, which first appeared Nov. 21, says it names those instructors who "advance a radical agenda in lecture halls."

"We aim to post professors who have records of targeting students for their viewpoints, forcing students to adopt a certain perspective, and/or abuse or harm students in any way for standing up for their beliefs," wrote Matt Lamb, an organizer of the site.

SITE IS LAUGHABLE ON ITS FACE; AGENDA BATHED IN IDIOCY

Obviously this site is laughable on its face and its agenda is bathed in idiocy. What's being proposed here is that republican students are unable to hold their own in the classroom, so they need to protect themselves from some nefarious "leftist agenda."

At first glance, my impression of the site is as follows: this is a means for conservatives to find safe spaces on college campuses. So, they're creating list of undesirables. You know who else created lists of undesirables? Hitler. Stalin. Mao. Pol Pot. Chavez. McCarthy. Vladimir Putin. The list goes on.

CONSERVATISM IS DEAD

This species of activity heralds the death of conservatism as it has existed in the United States post-McCarthy. Without relitigating the now disgraced senator's legacy, what is clear here is that this website represents a fundamental change in how conservatives go about conducting their lives.

Once, it was about building "opportunity societies" with tax cuts for the rich and welfare cuts for the poor to reduce the reach and role of government in people's lives. Now, it's conspiratorial Steve Bannon-esque, McCarthyite, conspiratorial "lists" of political enemies.

The obvious purpose here is to let students who are conservative know who are the radicals and who are not. If I was a conservative student, that is EXACTLY the kind of class I'd want to be in because it would give me a chance to engage dynamically with the other side. I'm sure that if, for example, a young Ronnie Reagan or a young Billy Buckley had access to such information, that's exactly how they'd feel too.

But I doubt that's how these "lists" are going to play out, today. Today, I expect this to be a means to conservative safe spaces to protect snowflake conservative students who are too stupid to engage in anything that would resemble critical thought from ideas that conflict with their own understanding of the world. Thus, the value of their education is actively on the line and the range of their exposure and experience is going to be limited.

The whole point of college is to be exposed to ideas that differ from your own; that is why universities curate professors, some of whom are reasonable, others are eccentrics, and most can reasonably offer students something of value to take away from their instruction. But this is more like "revenge of the dweebs" where the weakest among the lot of right wing plebs who populate our universities' halls will slink away from intellectual growth.

It's shallow, weak, shameful, and pathetic. The students who make these lists are cowards and the creator is nothing more than a disgrace to this country.
Scruggs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 6:43:48 PM
At 11/30/2016 5:19:47 PM, YYW wrote:
It is a great site. I have already put in the name of one of my professors.
"If a man does not put himself in the attitude of a sinner, his prayer will not be heard before God." A brother asked him, "what is a sinful soul?" And St. Abba Moses replied, "Everyone who bears his own sins, and does not consider those of his companion."
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 6:57:17 PM

What I find the worst about this is the clear hypocrisy of conservatives here. They've been railing against "safe spaces" and the general leftist position most universities take in a variety of issues, which, to a certain extent, are valid concerns. But now, they've come out with something that basically does the same thing.

Between them both, we're approaching a point where liberal students are taught by liberal professors in liberal classrooms and conservatives students are taught by conservative professors in conservative classrooms, which will all but kill collegiate political discourse, which is a time when people should be exposed to the plurality of political ideas the most.

It's truly disheartening.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 7:05:03 PM
At 11/30/2016 6:43:48 PM, Scruggs wrote:

I guess he's anti free speech, go figure.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 7:05:49 PM

It's shallow, weak, shameful, and pathetic. The students who make these lists are cowards and the creator is nothing more than a disgrace to this country.

I can only imagine how utterly retarded the people who make and contribute to those lists are. They probably struggle to remember to breathe every now and again, and it would be better for society if they forgot
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 7:22:38 PM
Obviously this site is laughable on its face and its agenda is bathed in idiocy. What's being proposed here is that republican students are unable to hold their own in the classroom, so they need to protect themselves from some nefarious "leftist agenda."

Some nefarious leftist agenda? You talk about it as though it were a conspiracy. No, university professors are just very liberal people - the most left of center demographic in the country probably - and are often full of prejudice against conservative viewpoints. Certainly, some are better than others at being fair and keeping their biases out of the classroom, but this site is a data base full of the worst offenders. The notion that conservative students should willingly subject themselves to as much leftist harassment as possible in order to be "enlightened" is fking ridiculous. Do liberals receive anything like that when they come to college? Of course not. So by your standard, liberals don't learn anything.

At first glance, my impression of the site is as follows: this is a means for conservatives to find safe spaces on college campuses. So, they're creating list of undesirables. You know who else created lists of undesirables? Hitler. Stalin. Mao. Pol Pot. Chavez. McCarthy. Vladimir Putin. The list goes on.

It's like when the word "list" was mentioned, a buzzer went off in YYW's head telling him to mention every monster he could think of. The comparison is absurd; on the one hand, you have people who made lists of people they wished to exterminate, on the other hand you have people making lists of biased professors they wish to avoid, and to call attention to professor bias.

The whole point of college is to be exposed to ideas that differ from your own; that is why universities curate professors, some of whom are reasonable, others are eccentrics, and most can reasonably offer students something of value to take away from their instruction.

Yeah, and unless conservative students go to one of the few right-wing colleges in the country (there are like six), they will be exposed to a fvck ton of ideas they disagree with, far far more than liberals, who pretty much get to hear what they want. Doesn't mean they should be expected to seek out harassment and public embarrassment/ pressure to conform.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 7:25:25 PM
At 11/30/2016 6:43:48 PM, Scruggs wrote:

Have I mentioned to you before that you are what is wrong with America? I think I have.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 7:25:42 PM
At 11/30/2016 6:57:17 PM, Subutai wrote:

What I find the worst about this is the clear hypocrisy of conservatives here. They've been railing against "safe spaces" and the general leftist position most universities take in a variety of issues, which, to a certain extent, are valid concerns. But now, they've come out with something that basically does the same thing.

Between them both, we're approaching a point where liberal students are taught by liberal professors in liberal classrooms and conservatives students are taught by conservative professors in conservative classrooms, which will all but kill collegiate political discourse, which is a time when people should be exposed to the plurality of political ideas the most.

Indeed.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 7:26:26 PM
At 11/30/2016 7:05:49 PM, imabench wrote:

I can only imagine how utterly retarded the people who make and contribute to those lists are. They probably struggle to remember to breathe every now and again, and it would be better for society if they forgot

Scuggs is a brilliant example of what you are describing.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 7:27:42 PM
At 11/30/2016 7:22:38 PM, dylancatlow wrote:

Some nefarious leftist agenda? You talk about it as though it were a conspiracy. No, university professors are just very liberal people - the most left of center demographic in the country probably - and are often full of prejudice against conservative viewpoints. Certainly, some are better than others at being fair and keeping their biases out of the classroom, but this site is a data base full of the worst offenders. The notion that conservative students should willingly subject themselves to as much leftist harassment as possible in order to be "enlightened" is fking ridiculous. Do liberals receive anything like that when they come to college? Of course not. So by your standard, liberals don't learn anything.

It's like when the word "list" was mentioned, a buzzer went off in YYW's head telling him to mention every monster he could think of. The comparison is absurd; on the one hand, you have people who made lists of people they wished to exterminate, on the other hand you have people making lists of biased professors they wish to avoid, and to call attention to professor bias.

The whole point of college is to be exposed to ideas that differ from your own; that is why universities curate professors, some of whom are reasonable, others are eccentrics, and most can reasonably offer students something of value to take away from their instruction.

Yeah, and unless conservative students go to one of the few right-wing colleges in the country (there are like six), they will be exposed to a fvck ton of ideas they disagree with, far far more than liberals, who pretty much get to hear what they want. Doesn't mean they should be expected to seek out harassment and public embarrassment/ pressure to conform.

I am struggling to not make a joke about your limited experience in academia.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 7:38:20 PM
At 11/30/2016 7:27:42 PM, YYW wrote:

I'm struggling not to have this tattooed on my forehead:

The precious, carefully cultivated orchids of academia often forget in the course of their well-referenced but ultimately omphaloskeptical self-explorations that they very much belong to an intellectual closed shop, and that their own cognitive gaps preclude definitive judgments on the cognitive adequacy of the weeds that grow wild and free beyond the sheltering walls of their ivory tower hothouses.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 7:43:28 PM
At 11/30/2016 7:38:20 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 11/30/2016 7:27:42 PM, YYW wrote:

I'm struggling not to have this tattooed on my forehead:

The precious, carefully cultivated orchids of academia often forget in the course of their well-referenced but ultimately omphaloskeptical self-explorations that they very much belong to an intellectual closed shop, and that their own cognitive gaps preclude definitive judgments on the cognitive adequacy of the weeds that grow wild and free beyond the sheltering walls of their ivory tower hothouses.

I think you have a lot of ideas about the world that are out of touch with reality.
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 7:46:47 PM

I agree completely, the liberalization of the US has gone nuts, and the people in charge of the approved textbooks of the children are only chosen because they promote liberal views. I feel bad for kids that actually have a different viewpoint than what is mostly being taught in not only our colleges, but our public elementary, middle, and high schools as well. I applaud them for not conforming to everyone else, learning something that is not even taught anymore, so many kids are pushed in this direction with no real choice, not even realizing it. This is why most people protesting are teachers and students, most teachers only a few years older than the students, join in as well. They have learned the same thing they are teaching.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 8:00:19 PM
At 11/30/2016 7:46:47 PM, Davery79 wrote:
I agree completely, the liberalization of the US has gone nuts,

This is a delusional statement. Let us explore why your understanding is delusional. Your understanding is delusional because it is inconsistent with reality. Reality is that the US has drifted overwhelmingly to the right because of democratic capitulation to right wing stupidity since Reagan destroyed every good thing Johnson did. Johnson was the last truly liberal president we have had. Everyone after that has been a centrist, including Obama, who functionally governs like George H. W. Bush. To call his tax policies, his foreign policies, or any other aspect of his presidency or any other point in American history "liberalization" to the point that the "US has gone nuts," is absurd.

and the people in charge of the approved textbooks of the children are only chosen because they promote liberal views.

This is proof we live, truly, in a post-factual era. I'll bet if I asked you to name three textbook publishing companies you would have no idea how to even go about figuring out who they are and what they do. I'll also bet that if I put you in front of four textbooks you would have no idea where to even begin how to prove that claim. I'll also bet you've never actually read a textbook in your life. You probably left them in your locker before you dropped out of high school.

Reality, which you have no concept of, is that Texas's board of education sets the tone for American public schools because that is where most of the publishing companies are and the way the state purchases textbooks makes them one of the largest if not the largest in the United States. This is unlike California, which does things differently. So, Texas often gets to dictate terms; the terms are overwhelmingly to the right. After all, we still have idiots defining what science should and should not be taught because they (stupidly) think that teaching evolution in schools will threaten their religion. It is so nauseating to even think about I prefer to avoid it.

Idiot Republican evangelicals believe that the world is 5000 years old, that intelligent design is a viable alternative to evolutionary theory and that man walked with dinosaurs. These same idiot republicans believe that global warming is a Chinese conspiracy, that there is no connection between human activity and global climate change (if it is happening at all) and then they deny that it's even happening to begin with. THIS trash is what Republicans have put in our schools, and continue to put in schools. That is to say nothing about the even more sickening sex ed classes they have.

What are these sickening sex ed classes, you wonder? Abstinence only, of course. Courses that teach you that if you fuck_someone you will just as a matter of course get an STD and your dick_may fall off. Naturally kids know this is patently stupid, they get down among themselves and is it then any wonder why the HIGHEST RATES OF STD INFECTION and the HIGHEST RATES OF TEEN PREGNANCY occur in RED states? It shouldn't be, but Republicans who set the curriculum are too stupid to understand what impact their failures have.

So please, don't even talk when you are so disgracefully ignorant with respect to the subject on which you speak.

I feel bad for kids that actually have a different viewpoint than what is mostly being taught in not only our colleges, but our public elementary, middle, and high schools as well.

They pity you, and they should. I pity you because I can clearly see that you have convinced yourself of an alternate reality's existence and I'm sure that there is no amount of evidence that could be presented to you that would change your mind. You're clearly set in your ways, are absolutely ignorant with respect to every single thing you have spoken on above (no, not just misinformed... but ignorant), and in general it is people like you that are the reason why American democracy may very well be dead after Donald Trump's election.
Scruggs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 8:04:44 PM
At 11/30/2016 7:25:25 PM, YYW wrote:

Have I mentioned to you before that you are what is wrong with America? I think I have.
It didn't bother me then and it doesn't bother me now ;)
"If a man does not put himself in the attitude of a sinner, his prayer will not be heard before God." A brother asked him, "what is a sinful soul?" And St. Abba Moses replied, "Everyone who bears his own sins, and does not consider those of his companion."
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 8:08:09 PM

Have you even been enrolled at a college campus? 95% of classes you take have almost 0% odds of creating political discussions on any given day, let alone around the clock every time you step into a classroom...... Geology classes, biology classes, chemistry classes, math classes, foreign Language classes, physics classes, classical reading classes, engineering classes, architecture classes, business classes, accounting classes..... All of these subjects have minimal to no relation to political issues, and those that could be related to certain issues certainly wont be a 24/7 battleground areas between opposing viewpoints and ideologies..... The only types of courses I can think of where there might be some tension would be gender studies classes (which no conservative would ever bother to enroll in) and history + political science classes, which are impossible to divorce from liberal vs conservative viewpoints.

The idea that conservatives have it horrible at college campuses in terms of professors pushing their ideology is simply an exaggeration. Political topics hardly ever even come up in a classroom since the subjects being taught dont relate to politics at all, while courses that do relate to different political viewpoints are SUPPOSED to spark conversations between both sides since the subjects being taught are things that are very political, such as history and political science.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 8:17:36 PM
At 11/30/2016 8:04:44 PM, Scruggs wrote:
At 11/30/2016 7:25:25 PM, YYW wrote:

When I look at you I see American failure. A failure of the education system.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 8:19:25 PM
At 11/30/2016 8:08:09 PM, imabench wrote:

Have you even been enrolled at a college campus?

He has not, which is why I was having a very hard time not making a joke about his input here.

95% of classes you take have almost 0% odds of creating political discussions on any given day, let alone around the clock every time you step into a classroom...... Geology classes, biology classes, chemistry classes, math classes, foreign Language classes, physics classes, classical reading classes, engineering classes, architecture classes, business classes, accounting classes..... All of these subjects have minimal to no relation to political issues, and those that could be related to certain issues certainly wont be a 24/7 battleground areas between opposing viewpoints and ideologies..... The only types of courses I can think of where there might be some tension would be gender studies classes (which no conservative would ever bother to enroll in) and history + political science classes, which are impossible to divorce from liberal vs conservative viewpoints.

That's pretty much correct.

The idea that conservatives have it horrible at college campuses in terms of professors pushing their ideology is simply an exaggeration. Political topics hardly ever even come up in a classroom since the subjects being taught dont relate to politics at all, while courses that do relate to different political viewpoints are SUPPOSED to spark conversations between both sides since the subjects being taught are things that are very political, such as history and political science.

Yup.

BUT THE LIBS ARE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST ME, BRO!!!!! WAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I THE SNOWFLAKE CONSERVATIVE NEED A SAFE SPACE!!!!!!!!! TO PROTECT ME FROM THE CORRUPTING INFLUENZEZ OF DA LIKES OF LIBS LIKE YYW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 8:20:53 PM

Have you even been enrolled at a college campus? 95% of classes you take have almost 0% odds of creating political discussions on any given day, let alone around the clock every time you step into a classroom...... Geology classes, biology classes, chemistry classes, math classes, foreign Language classes, physics classes, classical reading classes, engineering classes, architecture classes, business classes, accounting classes..... All of these subjects have minimal to no relation to political issues, and those that could be related to certain issues certainly wont be a 24/7 battleground areas between opposing viewpoints and ideologies..... The only types of courses I can think of where there might be some tension would be gender studies classes (which no conservative would ever bother to enroll in) and history + political science classes, which are impossible to divorce from liberal vs conservative viewpoints.

I agree that liberal bias doesn't come up in a lot of classes, maybe even most classes. I don't think it's confined to politics and history though. In one of the writing classes I took, it was totally biased: we spent hours watching Democracy Now!
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 8:24:40 PM
At 11/30/2016 8:20:53 PM, dylancatlow wrote:

I agree that liberal bias doesn't come up in a lot of classes, maybe even most classes.

Oh okay, your initial post implied that students were subjected to liberal bias constantly.

I don't think it's confined to politics and history though. In one of the writing classes I took, it was totally biased: we spent hours watching Democracy Now!

What the hell was the name of the writing class???

dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 8:27:21 PM
At 11/30/2016 8:24:40 PM, imabench wrote:
At 11/30/2016 8:20:53 PM, dylancatlow wrote:

I agree that liberal bias doesn't come up in a lot of classes, maybe even most classes.

Oh okay, your initial post implied that students were subjected to liberal bias constantly.

I didn't literally say that, but I can see why the tone of my post would lead you to think that.

I don't think it's confined to politics and history though. In one of the writing classes I took, it was totally biased: we spent hours watching Democracy Now!

What the hell was the name of the writing class???

Argument, style and research. To be fair, the professor was the single lowest-rated professor on the writing faculty, albeit for reasons totally unrelated to his politics. https://www.ratemyprofessors.com...
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 8:48:03 PM
At 11/30/2016 8:00:19 PM, YYW wrote:
At 11/30/2016 7:46:47 PM, Davery79 wrote:
I agree completely, the liberalization of the US has gone nuts,

This is a delusional statement. Let us explore why your understanding is delusional. Your understanding is delusional because it is inconsistent with reality. Reality is that the US has drifted overwhelmingly to the right because of democratic capitulation to right wing stupidity since Reagan destroyed every good thing Johnson did. Johnson was the last truly liberal president we have had. Everyone after that has been a centrist, including Obama, who functionally governs like George H. W. Bush. To call his tax policies, his foreign policies, or any other aspect of his presidency or any other point in American history "liberalization" to the point that the "US has gone nuts," is absurd.

and the people in charge of the approved textbooks of the children are only chosen because they promote liberal views.

This is proof we live, truly, in a post-factual era. I'll bet if I asked you to name three textbook publishing companies you would have no idea how to even go about figuring out who they are and what they do. I'll also bet that if I put you in front of four textbooks you would have no idea where to even begin how to prove that claim. I'll also bet you've never actually read a textbook in your life. You probably left them in your locker before you dropped out of high school.

Reality, which you have no concept of, is that Texas's board of education sets the tone for American public schools because that is where most of the publishing companies are and the way the state purchases textbooks makes them one of the largest if not the largest in the United States. This is unlike California, which does things differently. So, Texas often gets to dictate terms; the terms are overwhelmingly to the right. After all, we still have idiots defining what science should and should not be taught because they (stupidly) think that teaching evolution in schools will threaten their religion. It is so nauseating to even think about I prefer to avoid it.

Idiot Republican evangelicals believe that the world is 5000 years old, that intelligent design is a viable alternative to evolutionary theory and that man walked with dinosaurs. These same idiot republicans believe that global warming is a Chinese conspiracy, that there is no connection between human activity and global climate change (if it is happening at all) and then they deny that it's even happening to begin with. THIS trash is what Republicans have put in our schools, and continue to put in schools. That is to say nothing about the even more sickening sex ed classes they have.

What are these sickening sex ed classes, you wonder? Abstinence only, of course. Courses that teach you that if you fuck_someone you will just as a matter of course get an STD and your dick_may fall off. Naturally kids know this is patently stupid, they get down among themselves and is it then any wonder why the HIGHEST RATES OF STD INFECTION and the HIGHEST RATES OF TEEN PREGNANCY occur in RED states? It shouldn't be, but Republicans who set the curriculum are too stupid to understand what impact their failures have.

So please, don't even talk when you are so disgracefully ignorant with respect to the subject on which you speak.

I feel bad for kids that actually have a different viewpoint than what is mostly being taught in not only our colleges, but our public elementary, middle, and high schools as well.

They pity you, and they should. I pity you because I can clearly see that you have convinced yourself of an alternate reality's existence and I'm sure that there is no amount of evidence that could be presented to you that would change your mind. You're clearly set in your ways, are absolutely ignorant with respect to every single thing you have spoken on above (no, not just misinformed... but ignorant), and in general it is people like you that are the reason why American democracy may very well be dead after Donald Trump's election.

I did read the texts assigned to me. I've seen some of the new ones, and the way they are worded, I've seen things that used to be in there that are now completely left out, mostly Social Studies, History, and the like. True that most texts are made in TX, but the local districts (teachers, officials, mostly democrats on the board, regardless if red or blue state, and supposed experts on subjects) choose the actual books dispersed in the schools for that district, and the teachers will be the first to point out anything that looks suspicious to them with regards to pushing a right agenda. Science is ever changing, so it doesn't really count. I don't share the traditional republican views, or Evangelical/Christian views as the republican party. I am pro-choice, so I see both sides, not religious at all. I don't think the two should be mixed, educationally or politically, ever. Why you got all crazy on the pregnancy issue is beyond me, because I would probably agree with you there.
And I also think Reagan was a great president..... I hope for more of the same from Trump.
I graduated with a Business degree, and I can tell you, if I did any of the things that I learned in Business school, I would be broke, and I would have no job. They were wrong about finance, they were wrong about business, because none of the professors actually had any business experience. When you can't do..... Teach.

This is specifically the reason that many kids are considering vocational schools, (and parents agreeing) over getting degrees from colleges, because it does not teach them real life. At least they can start to learn a trade instead of wasting time being taught nonsense.
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 10:10:47 PM

So you guys don't think that this was a continual topic during this election in those few relevant classes that everyone has to take? I think anytime they got a chance to speak about what was going on, the issues would be addressed, unless it got way out of hand and disrupted class too much. If it was, I don't think any teach was going to admit that they may be voting for Trump.
Scruggs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 10:13:41 PM
At 11/30/2016 8:17:36 PM, YYW wrote:

When I look at you I see American failure. A failure of the education system.
So I guess the feelings are mutual.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 11:33:26 PM
I hope the site gets hacked and the names of people who use it are all released.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 11:38:45 PM
At 11/30/2016 11:33:26 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I hope the site gets hacked and the names of people who use it are all released.

maybe they'll wipe their server first, with a cloth or something.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 2:31:48 AM

My School isn't even on it! And we're known as the Berkeley of the North!
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 6:20:09 PM
Posted: 1 day ago
At 11/30/2016 6:57:17 PM, Subutai wrote:

How is that a fair comparison? SJWs actively seek out ideas they find offensive and try to shut down any discussion about them, for example by making a big fuss when someone controversial is supposed to come give a talk so that the administration has no choice but to cancel the event in the interest of 'safety'. They're not satisfied with 98 percent liberal control; they want 100 percent. The students who put together this "watchlist" are not attempting anything like that. Shaming professors for trying to sell their captive student audience on their own ideology is praiseworthy, as is compiling a list of professors who have demonstrated extreme bias toward conservative students, which is bound to happen from time to time. The idea that openly conservative students have nothing to fear by taking a class taught by an ultra-liberal is really naive. Students are frequently graded according to how well-reasoned their papers are; if liberals thought that the reasoning in a paper expressing conservative views was "good" they would be a conservative and not a liberal. And it's a bit of a stretch to say that conservative students are "taught by conservatives". Probably the majority of their professors are registered Democrats wherever they go to school.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 6:23:35 PM
Posted: 1 day ago

This is hilarious to me because I'm 99% certain if this same sort of reasoning was applied by women or racial minorities about discrimination/harassment (and thus the needs for safe spaces), you'd be sitting there scoffing right along with YYW.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!