Jump to topic:

True Meritocracy . . .

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2011 12:03:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The U.S. needs True Meritocracy for currently we have Favoritism not the Meritocracy that we truely need * * *
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2011 12:10:03 PM
Human nature will topple all idealistic systems of governing.

Once we build thinking machines, we will have a true meritocracy, and a government infinitely better than whatever we could come up with.

Unless of course they decide to obliterate us. I wouldn't blame them if they did. People are fvcking stupid.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
rarugged
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2011 1:50:15 PM
I'm in favor of a meritocracy, but I fear 90% of Americans aren't.
If Jesus came back tomorrow, a cross would be the last thing he would want to see.
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2011 2:58:39 PM
None of you are in favor of merit. Would you rather have the best doctor in the world perform surgery on you eve though he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth? Or would you prefer the guy who had to scrap and crawl his way through life just to be mediocre?
Things that are so interesting:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
rarugged
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2011 3:00:23 PM
At 1/23/2011 2:58:39 PM, Sieben wrote:
None of you are in favor of merit. Would you rather have the best doctor in the world perform surgery on you eve though he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth? Or would you prefer the guy who had to scrap and crawl his way through life just to be mediocre?

I'm not sure I understand this argument correctly.

Merit isn't congenital. It can be, but it's generally acquired.
If Jesus came back tomorrow, a cross would be the last thing he would want to see.
rarugged
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2011 3:00:43 PM
At 1/23/2011 2:58:39 PM, Sieben wrote:

I'm not sure I understand this correctly.

Merit isn't congenital. It can be, but it's generally acquired.