Jump to topic:

Dan Quayle

Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 10:21:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
George Bush Snr's VP http://en.wikipedia.org...

Most of us are to young to remember Quayle. Was he a laughing stock back then? People make fun of Bush Jr for saying stupid crap. I think Quayle really takes the cake with some of these:

"We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world."

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change."

"The future will be better tomorrow."

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a *part* of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a *part* of Europe."

"I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican."

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."

"[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."

"Mars is essentially in the same orbit... Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe."

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."

"Public speaking is very easy."

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."
Things that are so interesting:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 10:29:47 PM
....lulwat?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 10:55:56 PM
I'm really hoping that many of those were intended to be a joke, especially the one about not being a part of the problem.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 3:25:35 PM
Hahaha! Another reason I'm proud to be a democrat!
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 3:28:42 PM
At 1/25/2011 3:25:35 PM, Charles0103 wrote:

I believe there is a similar collection from our current vice president.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 3:32:20 PM
At 1/25/2011 3:25:35 PM, Charles0103 wrote:

They still speaking Austrian in Austria?