Jump to topic:

Guantanamo Bay.

somethingelse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 4:27:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I didn't really know where else to put this, so it became politics. I'm working on a school projekt about the Guantanamo Bay Camp, and I'd like to hear about your opinions on the subjekt. I'm a danish citizen, so I'm interested in american people's opinons. I expect that you know what Guantanamo is, but if you don't, I'd like to know anyways.
My questions for you are:
Do you know what the Guantanamo Bay camp is ?
Do you know what Guantanamo is made for ?
Do you know what kind of people that is placed in the camp ? If yes, why is it them ?
Do you know what happens in the camp ? If yes, what happens ?
Do you know how the prisoners are treated ?

If you have some links, or facts that I may could use, your welcome to add them :D
I'm danish, and so is my grammar, so please bear with me :D
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 6:00:45 AM
At 1/25/2011 4:27:58 AM, somethingelse wrote:
I didn't really know where else to put this, so it became politics. I'm working on a school projekt about the Guantanamo Bay Camp, and I'd like to hear about your opinions on the subjekt. I'm a danish citizen, so I'm interested in american people's opinons. I expect that you know what Guantanamo is, but if you don't, I'd like to know anyways

My questions for you are:
Do you know what the Guantanamo Bay camp is ?:

Yes, I've been there... several times.

Do you know what Guantanamo is made for ?:

Yes. GTMO is a US naval base that exists as a support base and as a quick reaction staging platform.

Do you know what kind of people that is placed in the camp ? If yes, why is it them ?:

Yes. US military personnel (particularly Navy and Marine Corps), but a lot of Army personnel work the brigs and terrorist camp.

Do you know what happens in the camp ? If yes, what happens ?:

Too vague. What do you mean? A lot of things happen there.

Do you know how the prisoners are treated ?:

Like any other prison system in the United States, though there have been cases of misconduct and the suspension of habeus corpus.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
HatedeatH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 3:32:52 PM
All I have to say is...

SHUT IT DOWN.
vardas0antras: If Muhammad is great then why didn't he stop 911 ?
gavin.ogden: He was too busy starting it.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 11:05:23 AM

Yes.

Yes, it is a military base established before the Castro era, to provide quick reaction support. Obviously there is a prison for terrorists there now.

The terrorist prison was established by Bush as an alternative to the Clinton policies of rendition. Under Clinton, captured terrorists were turned over to countries like Egypt who used torture to extract information. The information so obtained was unreliable, to the objective was to use CIA trained interrogators who would use harsh interrogation methods when necessary to obtain more reliable info. Three terrorists were waterboarded. Obama has returned to the policy of rendition.

Do you know what kind of people that is placed in the camp ? If yes, why is it them ?

As with prisoners of war, the military decides who is brought there. The Supreme Court granted the accused terrorists a right of habeus corpus, and congress enacted a court procedure determine if they are rightly accused.

For a long time, prisoners scream threats and throw their feces, hoping to cause infection by hitting the face. The prisoners gain weight and receive medical care. Recently the prison population is reduced and things are quiet.

Yes, the prison is frequently visited by Congress people and journalists, who report.

If you have some links, or facts that I may could use, your welcome to add them :D

One of my old debates has some links http://www.debate.org...

On the behavior of prisoners a few years ago http://www.breitbart.com...

Current quiet times http://www.globaltimes.cn...
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 5:07:17 PM
At 1/27/2011 11:05:23 AM, RoyLatham wrote:

Yes.

Yes, it is a military base established before the Castro era, to provide quick reaction support. Obviously there is a prison for terrorists there now.

The terrorist prison was established by Bush as an alternative to the Clinton policies of rendition. Under Clinton, captured terrorists were turned over to countries like Egypt who used torture to extract information. The information so obtained was unreliable, to the objective was to use CIA trained interrogators who would use harsh interrogation methods when necessary to obtain more reliable info. Three terrorists were waterboarded. Obama has returned to the policy of rendition.

As with prisoners of war, the military decides who is brought there. The Supreme Court granted the accused terrorists a right of habeus corpus, and congress enacted a court procedure determine if they are rightly accused.

For a long time, prisoners scream threats and throw their feces, hoping to cause infection by hitting the face. The prisoners gain weight and receive medical care. Recently the prison population is reduced and things are quiet.

Yes, the prison is frequently visited by Congress people and journalists, who report.

One of my old debates has some links http://www.debate.org...

On the behavior of prisoners a few years ago http://www.breitbart.com...

Current quiet times http://www.globaltimes.cn...

So now ship the terrorists to countries like Egypt where they can be tortured so we receive unreliable information?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 5:49:42 PM
http://www.hulu.com...
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
HatedeatH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 5:51:05 PM
At 1/27/2011 5:07:17 PM, jharry wrote:

So now ship the terrorists to countries like Egypt where they can be tortured so we receive unreliable information?

One main issue is that it seems like they lock people up there simply for being "brown". Way to stereotype.
vardas0antras: If Muhammad is great then why didn't he stop 911 ?
gavin.ogden: He was too busy starting it.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 6:09:41 PM
At 1/27/2011 5:51:05 PM, HatedeatH wrote:
At 1/27/2011 5:07:17 PM, jharry wrote:

One main issue is that it seems like they lock people up there simply for being "brown". Way to stereotype.

So instead of locking them and not letting them sleep because they are "brown" we ship them to be beat and shocked instead?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2011 7:45:50 PM

Not true. There is right to appeal the classification of being a terrorist to a civilian court.