How libertarian are you?

InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 2:58:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.bcaplan.com...

This test is likely biased, but it's fun nonetheless. It'll give you a score from 0-160 to determine how libertarian minded you are. btw, I scored 55. Not too bad I suppose, considering where I used to be on the political spectrum.
juvanya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 3:07:00 AM
Thief. :P

I got 156, but that was only because I caved on the privatization of public lands, which I probably do support in reality...
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 3:09:13 AM
At 2/6/2011 3:07:00 AM, juvanya wrote:
Thief. :P

I got 156, but that was only because I caved on the privatization of public lands, which I probably do support in reality...

Nope. :P

And you're so dogmatic, gosh!
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 3:12:53 AM
I got 71.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
juvanya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 4:10:19 AM
What Your Score Means
0 points: You are not a libertarian by any stretch of the imagination. You are probably not even a liberal or a conservative. Just some Nazi nut, I guess.
1-5 points: You have a few libertarian notions, but overall you're a statist.
6-15 points: You are starting to have libertarian leanings. Explore them.
16-30 points: You are a soft-core libertarian. With effort, you may harden and become pure.
31-50 points: Your libertarian credentials are obvious. Doubtlessly you will become more extreme as time goes on.
51-90 points: You are a medium-core libertarian, probably self-consciously so. Your friends probably encourage you to quit talking about your views so much.
91-130 points: You have entered the heady realm of hard-core libertarianism. Now doesn't that make you feel worse that you didn't get a perfect score?
131-159 points: You are nearly a perfect libertarian, with a tiny number of blind spots. Think about them, then take the test over again. On the other hand, if you scored this high, you probably have a good libertarian objection to my suggested libertarian answer. :-)
160 points: Perfect! The world needs more like you.

In case anyone wants to look at the definitions again.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 4:21:28 AM
My score: 11.

Apparently I am starting to have Libertarian leanings which I should explore - what a load of old bollocks!

Those questions just got more and more extreme: I thought it must be a wind-up when they (apparently) seriously suggested that the law should be privatized.

Can you imagine that? In a Libertarian country the outcome of legal cases would be not be decided upon who is right and who is wrong, rather than upon who is richer, the plaintiff or the defendant!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 4:28:31 AM
At 2/6/2011 4:21:28 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

Apparently I am starting to have Libertarian leanings which I should explore - what a load of old bollocks!

Those questions just got more and more extreme: I thought it must be a wind-up when they (apparently) seriously suggested that the law should be privatized.

some of the questions were a bit extreme, which is why I suggested the quiz is probably biased. By the end it mentioned things about abolishing the state altogether. That's too extreme for my tastes.

Can you imagine that? In a Libertarian country the outcome of legal cases would be not be decided upon who is right and who is wrong, rather than upon who is richer, the plaintiff or the defendant!

And no, that's not really how the libertarian legal system works. I know in an an-cap system people would just pay each other compensation and I'm sure it works in a similar manner in a minarchist system. If that's the case I don't think too many people would be committing crimes to begin with. You out of everybody should know that dirty greedy capitalists never want to part with their money. ;P
juvanya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 4:40:28 AM

Not at all. 11 only makes you a tid libertarian. 0 is a dyed in the wool statist.

No, its just that you can choose your judge. That way crappy judges are competed out.
http://mises.org...

At 2/6/2011 4:28:31 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
some of the questions were a bit extreme, which is why I suggested the quiz is probably biased. By the end it mentioned things about abolishing the state altogether. That's too extreme for my tastes.
Its not biased. It says "Libertarian Quiz" for cryin out loud!
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 4:42:18 AM
At 2/6/2011 4:40:28 AM, juvanya wrote:

Except that not everybody on this site is libertarian.
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 4:49:48 AM

Wait, a libertarian country?
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 5:43:00 AM
109, mostly because I answered yes to all the questions before part 3, and no to almost all of them after.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
juvanya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 7:03:47 AM
At 2/6/2011 4:42:18 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Except that not everybody on this site is libertarian.

So? I wouldnt call a How communist are you? quiz biased. Thats what it is...
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 7:36:43 AM
I scored 44.

The test maker though that if the test were scientifically applied to the general population the average score would be about 15. I think that's a good estimate.

IMHO, a score above 140 indicates you are most likely under age 25.

Milton Friedman would not have scored as an economic libertarian.
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 8:07:16 AM
156-7 IIRC. I think there was one question where I answered "unlibertarian" because I had a different interpretation of homesteading or something.
Things that are so interesting:

http://www.debate.org...
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 8:51:44 AM
32 apparently I shall become more hardcore with time, well I once took this test and made a 160 but now I have a 32 I believe its the other way around.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 9:13:03 AM
36. Ewww I wont become more extreme. At least not with 'support' for libertarianism.
And mikey just the way the results are given shows clear bias.
You wouldn't like if a communist quiz called you a filthy, hairy, monkey that throws feces and eats bugs all day, even if its not far off.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 9:43:36 AM

According to statistics (http://econfaculty.gmu.edu...), the question most commonly answered yes was:
"Do you believe in freedom of expression for books, newspapers, radio, television, the Internet, and so on, even for offensive and unpopular views and subject matters?"

The most commonly unanswered question was:
"Should all of the Federal Reserve's discretionary powers be eliminated and the monetary base frozen?"

The question with the most "no" responses was:
"Should the law itself be privatized?"

The quiz ranked the user on a scale of status-quo to anarcho-capitalist. This makes it surprising that there aren't a mass of zeros.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 9:52:05 AM
At 2/6/2011 9:43:36 AM, wjmelements wrote:

According to statistics (http://econfaculty.gmu.edu...), the question most commonly answered yes was:
"Do you believe in freedom of expression for books, newspapers, radio, television, the Internet, and so on, even for offensive and unpopular views and subject matters?"

"Should all of the Federal Reserve's discretionary powers be eliminated and the monetary base frozen?"

The quiz ranked the user on a scale of status-quo to anarcho-capitalist. This makes it surprising that there aren't a mass of zeros.

What exactly does that mean "monetary base frozen".
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 12:06:15 PM
No, its just that you can choose your judge. That way crappy judges are competed out.
You can choose your own "judge," or more precisely, binding arbitrator, right now. If both parties agree on that. A government "judge" only steps in when they can't agree.

I scored 97, because this defines purity in terms of anarchy, whereas I'm a minarchist. That and I don't consider retaliatory war inherently immoral, nor various means of prepping power projection for that.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 12:07:27 PM
At 2/6/2011 9:52:05 AM, innomen wrote:

Either A. a dollar never gets printed again.
Or B. A dollar only gets printed when it's shown to some extent that another dollar is missing or destroyed.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
djsherin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 12:09:30 PM

Lol, that's laughable seeing as private law has existed and does exist all over the world and cases are not determined by who has more money.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 12:16:08 PM
At 2/6/2011 12:09:30 PM, djsherin wrote:

Lol, that's laughable seeing as private law has existed and does exist all over the world and cases are not determined by who has more money.

They don't? They don't let rich people out of jail just for being rich?
They don't target people who are more likely poor?
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 12:16:30 PM
At 2/6/2011 12:07:27 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 2/6/2011 9:52:05 AM, innomen wrote:

Either A. a dollar never gets printed again.
Or B. A dollar only gets printed when it's shown to some extent that another dollar is missing or destroyed.

Ooooh I would agree with that.
djsherin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 12:19:18 PM
At 2/6/2011 12:16:08 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 2/6/2011 12:09:30 PM, djsherin wrote:

They don't? They don't let rich people out of jail just for being rich?
They don't target people who are more likely poor?

What private law are you thinking of? All the examples in my mind don't even make use of prison.
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 12:21:45 PM
^Its cus when they hear "private" they think money. In reality, private includes both markets AND social mechanisms. The state, in theory, is supposed to be a social mechanism. So I don't see why you can't use the same logic to understand why private-social mechanisms wouldn't work the same way.
Things that are so interesting:

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 1:29:04 PM

Not only that, you would have various police forces and courts competing in a free market, that is just retarded.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.