Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Which Do You Prefer?

SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 3:19:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
My god which does not seek converts it only wishes you to live your life as much as possible, it wishes you to pursue your own happiness. All can go to heaven and you do not have to convert to do so. And it is much more logical due to its paradoxical nature.

Or the Christian god.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 3:24:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/13/2011 3:19:52 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Stupid question.

Does this mean I have to give a stupid answer?
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 3:27:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/13/2011 3:24:40 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 2/13/2011 3:19:52 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Stupid question.

Does this mean I have to give a stupid answer?

You can choose to answer the question at hand, the question is not stupid it is a simple question of which religion one would prefer, there is no need for hostility upon this thread.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Charles0103
Posts: 523
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 3:30:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/13/2011 3:19:52 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
My god which does not seek converts it only wishes you to live your life as much as possible, it wishes you to pursue your own happiness. All can go to heaven and you do not have to convert to do so. And it is much more logical due to its paradoxical nature.

Or the Christian god.

My vote goes to the Christian God (with a capitol G, not lowercase.)
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 3:47:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The god that exists in actuality does not give a rat's @ss what you do. It can even be argued that my god is not capable of giving a rat's @ss.

This however shouldn't be used as a license to be a dickhole.

Sometimes the most selfless thing you can do is be selfish...

Sometimes the most selfish thing you can do is be selfless...
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 3:49:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/13/2011 3:47:42 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
The god that exists in actuality does not give a rat's @ss what you do. It can even be argued that my god is not capable of giving a rat's @ss.

This however shouldn't be used as a license to be a dickhole.

why not? and what's a dickhole?

Sometimes the most selfless thing you can do is be selfish...

Sometimes the most selfish thing you can do is be selfless...

like when?
signature
vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 3:52:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/13/2011 3:19:52 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
My god which does not seek converts it only wishes you to live your life as much as possible, it wishes you to pursue your own happiness. All can go to heaven and you do not have to convert to do so. And it is much more logical due to its paradoxical nature.

Or the Christian god.

Your God seems to be retarded no offence but I would be very disappointed if your God was real.
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 4:02:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/13/2011 3:49:55 PM, badger wrote:
At 2/13/2011 3:47:42 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
The god that exists in actuality does not give a rat's @ss what you do. It can even be argued that my god is not capable of giving a rat's @ss.

This however shouldn't be used as a license to be a dickhole.

why not? and what's a dickhole?

I mean.. well.. You could use it as a license to be a dickhole, but don't blame it on God, it's your own fvcked up head.

A dickhole is a word that isn't censored on these forums.


Sometimes the most selfless thing you can do is be selfish...

Sometimes the most selfish thing you can do is be selfless...

like when?

My goal isn't to prove myself right, but to get other people to think deeply about things. Think about this deeply, and you will see the truth in it.

Sometimes the truest statements can only be expressed in paradox.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 5:30:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/13/2011 4:02:54 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 2/13/2011 3:49:55 PM, badger wrote:
At 2/13/2011 3:47:42 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
The god that exists in actuality does not give a rat's @ss what you do. It can even be argued that my god is not capable of giving a rat's @ss.

This however shouldn't be used as a license to be a dickhole.

why not? and what's a dickhole?

I mean.. well.. You could use it as a license to be a dickhole, but don't blame it on God, it's your own fvcked up head.

why not? god made my head fucked up?

A dickhole is a word that isn't censored on these forums.

yeah, but what were you using it to refer to?



Sometimes the most selfless thing you can do is be selfish...

Sometimes the most selfish thing you can do is be selfless...

like when?

My goal isn't to prove myself right, but to get other people to think deeply about things. Think about this deeply, and you will see the truth in it.

well you've failed :P i'll generally go with my first impression of something, and if that first impression was that the something in question was ridiculous, well, then i'd probably not bother thinking about it anymore :) so wanna explain it to me, cosmic dude? i'm not gonna think about it...

Sometimes the truest statements can only be expressed in paradox.

like when?
signature
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 5:47:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/13/2011 5:30:46 PM, badger wrote:
At 2/13/2011 4:02:54 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 2/13/2011 3:49:55 PM, badger wrote:
At 2/13/2011 3:47:42 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
The god that exists in actuality does not give a rat's @ss what you do. It can even be argued that my god is not capable of giving a rat's @ss.

This however shouldn't be used as a license to be a dickhole.

why not? and what's a dickhole?

I mean.. well.. You could use it as a license to be a dickhole, but don't blame it on God, it's your own fvcked up head.

why not? god made my head fucked up?

Yeah, I suppose god did. In fact, go ahead and use it as a license to be a dickhole.


A dickhole is a word that isn't censored on these forums.

yeah, but what were you using it to refer to?

You know, the kind of behavior that involves trouncing all over other people to get what you want.

If you want to do that, sure, go ahead. Just be honest about it. Otherwise, I'll think you a wanker, and we all know how important my opinion is. ;p

Completely unimportant. >.>




Sometimes the most selfless thing you can do is be selfish...

Sometimes the most selfish thing you can do is be selfless...

like when?


Think about it. I'm not going to hold your hand while you take a sh!t. Yous a big boy, right? This goes pretty much with the next statement....

My goal isn't to prove myself right, but to get other people to think deeply about things. Think about this deeply, and you will see the truth in it.

well you've failed :P i'll generally go with my first impression of something, and if that first impression was that the something in question was ridiculous, well, then i'd probably not bother thinking about it anymore :) so wanna explain it to me, cosmic dude? i'm not gonna think about it...


That's your problem, I don't give enough of a fvck to try to convince people that Ted's name is Ted. If I get at least one person to think more deeply about things, it was worth it. If not, I don't give a fvck either way, because I'm just having fun.

Sometimes the truest statements can only be expressed in paradox.

like when?

Like in the statement I just made.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 6:07:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/13/2011 5:47:38 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 2/13/2011 5:30:46 PM, badger wrote:
At 2/13/2011 4:02:54 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 2/13/2011 3:49:55 PM, badger wrote:
At 2/13/2011 3:47:42 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
The god that exists in actuality does not give a rat's @ss what you do. It can even be argued that my god is not capable of giving a rat's @ss.

This however shouldn't be used as a license to be a dickhole.

why not? and what's a dickhole?

I mean.. well.. You could use it as a license to be a dickhole, but don't blame it on God, it's your own fvcked up head.

why not? god made my head fucked up?

Yeah, I suppose god did. In fact, go ahead and use it as a license to be a dickhole.



A dickhole is a word that isn't censored on these forums.

yeah, but what were you using it to refer to?

You know, the kind of behavior that involves trouncing all over other people to get what you want.

If you want to do that, sure, go ahead. Just be honest about it. Otherwise, I'll think you a wanker, and we all know how important my opinion is. ;p

i think i am fairly honest about it :)

Completely unimportant. >.>




Sometimes the most selfless thing you can do is be selfish...

Sometimes the most selfish thing you can do is be selfless...

like when?


Think about it. I'm not going to hold your hand while you take a sh!t. Yous a big boy, right? This goes pretty much with the next statement....

My goal isn't to prove myself right, but to get other people to think deeply about things. Think about this deeply, and you will see the truth in it.

well you've failed :P i'll generally go with my first impression of something, and if that first impression was that the something in question was ridiculous, well, then i'd probably not bother thinking about it anymore :) so wanna explain it to me, cosmic dude? i'm not gonna think about it...


That's your problem, I don't give enough of a fvck to try to convince people that Ted's name is Ted. If I get at least one person to think more deeply about things, it was worth it. If not, I don't give a fvck either way, because I'm just having fun.

i did think about it though.. as much as i think i could've anyway.. and now maybe i'm missing something.. but it's still just nonsense to me?


Sometimes the truest statements can only be expressed in paradox.

like when?

Like in the statement I just made.

where the trueness? i'm still lost.. you can't just keep saying things like that to me, when we're obviously not on the same level, what's the point?
signature
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 6:45:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/13/2011 3:19:52 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
My god which does not seek converts it only wishes you to live your life as much as possible, it wishes you to pursue your own happiness. All can go to heaven and you do not have to convert to do so. And it is much more logical due to its paradoxical nature.

Or the Christian god.

You have given me no information at all and you are none too bright, so I'd have to go with Mr Christ if it's all the same to you.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 7:17:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/13/2011 6:48:21 PM, badger wrote:
At 2/13/2011 6:45:24 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

you're a very insulting person...

It's the only way people learn.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Jarjar3000
Posts: 273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 7:57:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
GO JESUS GOoO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ohh Lord How you love me, you change my heart and soul, renewing my mind into something I could never imagine, You make me strong when I am weak, you encourage me when I'm despaired, You stick by me when everyone deserts me, You are my Lord You are my God.

Charles: I'm not a Christian because I'm afraid of hell, I'm a Christian because I love Jesus.

Geolaureate: The Pope
He looks like a Sith lord, I don't trust him.

Charles0103: Just like my God, my faith won't change.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 8:30:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Alright, since you are asking...

The variable unaccounted for is a marvelous thing, it is the hand that guides these seemingly nonsensical reactions.

Sometimes the most selfless thing you can do is be selfish..

The best thing you can do for other people is work on your own spiritual development. Work to improve yourself and make you a better person. I'm not talking about from a material standpoint, I'm talking from a mental/emotional standpoint.

Sometimes the most selflish thing you can do is be selfless..

When you help other people, and are a genuinely kind and caring person.. It is not too uncommon for the people you've helped to come back to you some time down the road. You give, and then eventually, you get.

However, while you give, never expect to receive anything in return, otherwise, this breeds resentment, and possibly fuels action that undoes any good that you've done... Give freely, and only think so much as to whether or not giving would honestly help the person. Sometimes it gets a bit complicated... But if you've ever had to deal with someone who is hopelessly addicted to drugs, you'll know how foolish and counterproductive it is to give a drug addict money.

The key is for all this to be done without any real effort though, with a certain degree of detachment. You accomplish this by first helping yourself.. Then, you are able to help others in a better way.

It is basically the butterfly effect, or even karma in action.

Jesus puts it well in this often taken out of context and misunderstood passage.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 9:11:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/13/2011 8:30:41 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Alright, since you are asking...

The variable unaccounted for is a marvelous thing, it is the hand that guides these seemingly nonsensical reactions.

Sometimes the most selfless thing you can do is be selfish..

The best thing you can do for other people is work on your own spiritual development. Work to improve yourself and make you a better person. I'm not talking about from a material standpoint, I'm talking from a mental/emotional standpoint.

Sometimes the most selflish thing you can do is be selfless..

When you help other people, and are a genuinely kind and caring person.. It is not too uncommon for the people you've helped to come back to you some time down the road. You give, and then eventually, you get.

However, while you give, never expect to receive anything in return, otherwise, this breeds resentment, and possibly fuels action that undoes any good that you've done... Give freely, and only think so much as to whether or not giving would honestly help the person. Sometimes it gets a bit complicated... But if you've ever had to deal with someone who is hopelessly addicted to drugs, you'll know how foolish and counterproductive it is to give a drug addict money.

The key is for all this to be done without any real effort though, with a certain degree of detachment. You accomplish this by first helping yourself.. Then, you are able to help others in a better way.

It is basically the butterfly effect, or even karma in action.

Jesus puts it well in this often taken out of context and misunderstood passage.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

thought you'd come out with some sillyness like this :P
signature
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 9:16:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It really is quite silly, isn't it?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Calvincambridge
Posts: 1,141
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 11:00:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Superrobotwars you are making a cult out of the church of Mod and you will make many members leave.
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
Calvincambridge
Posts: 1,141
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 11:00:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Christian God
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
gerrandesquire
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 12:12:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/13/2011 3:19:52 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
My god which does not seek converts it only wishes you to live your life as much as possible, it wishes you to pursue your own happiness. All can go to heaven and you do not have to convert to do so. And it is much more logical due to its paradoxical nature.

You should probably add duties and terms and conditions to the proposal.

Or the Christian god.