Total Posts:63|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

I don't know about you guys but

m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 12:57:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This made me laugh out loud, and rather loudly might I add.

http://i.imgur.com...
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 1:14:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yea... that was kinda funny.

Of course on a serious note light did pre-exist before our sun... so it's not really a contradiction. Sorry to spoil the joke.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 1:16:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 1:14:59 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yea... that was kinda funny.

Of course on a serious note light did pre-exist before our sun... so it's not really a contradiction. Sorry to spoil the joke.

Scientifically, yes. Biblically? nahhhhh
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 1:16:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 1:06:14 PM, annhasle wrote:
LOL.

*save picture*

*show to friends*

*become popular*
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 1:19:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 12:57:27 PM, m93samman wrote:
This made me laugh out loud, and rather loudly might I add.

http://i.imgur.com...:

Yep... The YEC's really hate that one.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 1:22:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 1:19:50 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 2/14/2011 12:57:27 PM, m93samman wrote:
This made me laugh out loud, and rather loudly might I add.

http://i.imgur.com...:

Yep... The YEC's really hate that one.

I would too, if I thought the universe was 6,000 years old and dinosaur bones are practical jokes laid by God.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
InquireTruth
Posts: 723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 1:25:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 1:19:50 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 2/14/2011 12:57:27 PM, m93samman wrote:
This made me laugh out loud, and rather loudly might I add.

http://i.imgur.com...:

Yep... The YEC's really hate that one.

I'm far from being a YEC, but I know for a fact that this does not bother them. This issue was addressed in about 400 AD... and you're just now figuring it out.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 1:29:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 1:25:24 PM, InquireTruth wrote:
At 2/14/2011 1:19:50 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 2/14/2011 12:57:27 PM, m93samman wrote:
This made me laugh out loud, and rather loudly might I add.

http://i.imgur.com...:

Yep... The YEC's really hate that one.

I'm far from being a YEC, but I know for a fact that this does not bother them. This issue was addressed in about 400 AD... and you're just now figuring it out.:

I wasn't alive in 400 AD.

Do you believe in a literal interpretation of Genesis, or is it simply allegorical?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
InquireTruth
Posts: 723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 1:36:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I wasn't alive in 400 AD.
Nor were you alive, I imagine, during any of the World Wars. I also imagine, on the other hand, that you are sufficiently aware of their history. The assumption that it would bother a YECreationist has been wrong for far too long for someone to feign that it does.

Do you believe in a literal interpretation of Genesis, or is it simply allegorical?

I interpret Genesis as the author(s) intended it to be interpreted - truth in story.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 1:40:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 1:36:28 PM, InquireTruth wrote:

I interpret Genesis as the author(s) intended it to be interpreted - truth in story.

Do elaborate.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 1:40:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 1:36:28 PM, InquireTruth wrote:
I wasn't alive in 400 AD.
Nor were you alive, I imagine, during any of the World Wars. I also imagine, on the other hand, that you are sufficiently aware of their history. The assumption that it would bother a YECreationist has been wrong for far too long for someone to feign that it does.:

Have you read AiG's responses to the questions? Holy cow! Talk about contortionists... Flip.... Flop.... Mental gymnastics at its finest.

I interpret Genesis as the author(s) intended it to be interpreted - truth in story.:

Truth in story, not truth in reality?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 1:41:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 1:36:28 PM, InquireTruth wrote:
I wasn't alive in 400 AD.
Nor were you alive, I imagine, during any of the World Wars. I also imagine, on the other hand, that you are sufficiently aware of their history. The assumption that it would bother a YECreationist has been wrong for far too long for someone to feign that it does.

Do you believe in a literal interpretation of Genesis, or is it simply allegorical?

I interpret Genesis as the author(s) intended it to be interpreted - truth in story.

I don't, the book of Genesis was a real account. You say how can light be without a light source like a star. Yet you believe the universe came from nothing. That's contradicting. Light from nothing - impossible, universe from nothing - possible. And yet even more so, the light was created by God, the universe by nothing. ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
InquireTruth
Posts: 723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 1:47:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Have you read AiG's responses to the questions? Holy cow! Talk about contortionists... Flip.... Flop.... Mental gymnastics at its finest.

I'm not terribly concerned with your evaluation of their responses, only your assertion that it bothers them. So far as I can see, they need only read one passage from Revelation into the text of Genesis and have their "problem" resolved.

I interpret Genesis as the author(s) intended it to be interpreted - truth in story.:

Truth in story, not truth in reality?

Truth is reality, no matter how it's told.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 1:50:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 1:16:31 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 2/14/2011 1:14:59 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yea... that was kinda funny.

Of course on a serious note light did pre-exist before our sun... so it's not really a contradiction. Sorry to spoil the joke.

Scientifically, yes. Biblically? nahhhhh

Actually the bible can be read as being consistent with science. Let there be light = big bang. Then the Sun is created subsequently.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 1:55:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 1:50:09 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/14/2011 1:16:31 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 2/14/2011 1:14:59 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yea... that was kinda funny.

Of course on a serious note light did pre-exist before our sun... so it's not really a contradiction. Sorry to spoil the joke.

Scientifically, yes. Biblically? nahhhhh

Actually the bible can be read as being consistent with science.

Not true. It requires lots of mental gymnastics, dismissal of certain passages, twisted interpretations, and cognitive dissonance.

Let there be light = big bang. Then the Sun is created subsequently.

Um, God also separated the light from the dark before the sun. Not to mention, "let their be light" can't refer to the Big Bang because the Big Bang does not equate to being the creation of light. The Big Bang happened and all the stars were created and the only light that ensued was the light from the stars. There's no way for light to come prior to stars.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 2:18:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 1:47:36 PM, InquireTruth wrote:
Have you read AiG's responses to the questions? Holy cow! Talk about contortionists... Flip.... Flop.... Mental gymnastics at its finest.

I'm not terribly concerned with your evaluation of their responses, only your assertion that it bothers them. So far as I can see, they need only read one passage from Revelation into the text of Genesis and have their "problem" resolved.:

And that passage would be?

Truth in story, not truth in reality?

Truth is reality, no matter how it's told.:

Do you, personally, believe in a literal translation of Genesis?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 2:30:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 2:18:05 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 2/14/2011 1:47:36 PM, InquireTruth wrote:
Have you read AiG's responses to the questions? Holy cow! Talk about contortionists... Flip.... Flop.... Mental gymnastics at its finest.

I'm not terribly concerned with your evaluation of their responses, only your assertion that it bothers them. So far as I can see, they need only read one passage from Revelation into the text of Genesis and have their "problem" resolved.:

And that passage would be?

Truth in story, not truth in reality?

Truth is reality, no matter how it's told.:

Do you, personally, believe in a literal translation of Genesis?

He believe it allegorically/metaphorically represents the truth.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 2:37:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 12:57:27 PM, m93samman wrote:
This made me laugh out loud, and rather loudly might I add.

http://i.imgur.com...

You've got an attitude problem; Allah isn't pleased! If Allah is a good God...
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
eball45
Posts: 125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 2:43:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Would the ancient Iseralites have been capable of explaining or understanding the beginnings of creation through a 21st century explanation?? I seriously doubt it. It needed to be put in terms they could deal with. I believe much of the old testament is allegorical. This is how people of the time learned and communicated. They used analogies. They didn't have modern philosophical or scientific structure. Certainly, this gets tricky when it's largely subjective what is or isn't allegory. At the end of the day, if christ rose on the third day it's correct. Either hundereds of people lied and believed the lies strongly enough for christianity to spread like wild fire through even a largely skeptical and pagan atmosphere. Or, it happened. And the evidence was so strong that it spread like wild fire. It's a matter of faith. This can't be decided through reason. Either side one chooses, they must take a leap of faith that they are correct.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 3:00:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
@C_N:

At 2/14/2011 1:55:29 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/14/2011 1:50:09 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/14/2011 1:16:31 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 2/14/2011 1:14:59 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yea... that was kinda funny.

Of course on a serious note light did pre-exist before our sun... so it's not really a contradiction. Sorry to spoil the joke.

Scientifically, yes. Biblically? nahhhhh

Actually the bible can be read as being consistent with science.

Not true. It requires lots of mental gymnastics, dismissal of certain passages, twisted interpretations, and cognitive dissonance.

Let there be light = big bang. Then the Sun is created subsequently.

Um, God also separated the light from the dark before the sun. Not to mention, "let their be light" can't refer to the Big Bang because the Big Bang does not equate to being the creation of light. The Big Bang happened and all the stars were created and the only light that ensued was the light from the stars. There's no way for light to come prior to stars.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 3:01:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 2:37:44 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
At 2/14/2011 12:57:27 PM, m93samman wrote:
This made me laugh out loud, and rather loudly might I add.

http://i.imgur.com...

You've got an attitude problem; Allah isn't pleased! If Allah is a good God...

The Qura'an doesn't have these problems
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 3:03:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 1:41:49 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 2/14/2011 1:36:28 PM, InquireTruth wrote:
I wasn't alive in 400 AD.
Nor were you alive, I imagine, during any of the World Wars. I also imagine, on the other hand, that you are sufficiently aware of their history. The assumption that it would bother a YECreationist has been wrong for far too long for someone to feign that it does.

Do you believe in a literal interpretation of Genesis, or is it simply allegorical?

I interpret Genesis as the author(s) intended it to be interpreted - truth in story.

I don't, the book of Genesis was a real account. You say how can light be without a light source like a star. Yet you believe the universe came from nothing. That's contradicting. Light from nothing - impossible, universe from nothing - possible. And yet even more so, the light was created by God, the universe by nothing. ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The universe is not propagated from a source; light is dependent upon a source from which to be propagated. If light can simply be "created" without be released from a source of some type, it would just be a transient wave of energy that is indetectable. It's like me turning my flashlight on and off really quickly, one time. The light I created will just go. And thats it.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 3:03:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 3:01:11 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 2/14/2011 2:37:44 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
At 2/14/2011 12:57:27 PM, m93samman wrote:
This made me laugh out loud, and rather loudly might I add.

http://i.imgur.com...

You've got an attitude problem; Allah isn't pleased! If Allah is a good God...

The Qura'an doesn't have these problems

So, Allah is displeased with you! Sorry, I am not familiar with the Koran.
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 3:04:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 1:55:29 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/14/2011 1:50:09 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/14/2011 1:16:31 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 2/14/2011 1:14:59 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yea... that was kinda funny.

Of course on a serious note light did pre-exist before our sun... so it's not really a contradiction. Sorry to spoil the joke.

Scientifically, yes. Biblically? nahhhhh

Actually the bible can be read as being consistent with science.

Not true. It requires lots of mental gymnastics, dismissal of certain passages, twisted interpretations, and cognitive dissonance.

Let there be light = big bang. Then the Sun is created subsequently.

Um, God also separated the light from the dark before the sun. Not to mention, "let their be light" can't refer to the Big Bang because the Big Bang does not equate to being the creation of light. The Big Bang happened and all the stars were created and the only light that ensued was the light from the stars. There's no way for light to come prior to stars.

Uh... A short time after the big bang the universe was full of photons - i.e. light particles. This a well-known fact.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 3:09:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 3:04:58 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

Uh... A short time after the big bang the universe was full of photons - i.e. light particles. This is a well-known fact.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 3:14:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 3:03:10 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
At 2/14/2011 3:01:11 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 2/14/2011 2:37:44 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
At 2/14/2011 12:57:27 PM, m93samman wrote:
This made me laugh out loud, and rather loudly might I add.

http://i.imgur.com...

You've got an attitude problem; Allah isn't pleased! If Allah is a good God...

The Qura'an doesn't have these problems

So, Allah is displeased with you! Sorry, I am not familiar with the Koran.

...What?
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 3:14:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 3:04:58 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 2/14/2011 1:55:29 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/14/2011 1:50:09 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 2/14/2011 1:16:31 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 2/14/2011 1:14:59 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yea... that was kinda funny.

Of course on a serious note light did pre-exist before our sun... so it's not really a contradiction. Sorry to spoil the joke.

Scientifically, yes. Biblically? nahhhhh

Actually the bible can be read as being consistent with science.

Not true. It requires lots of mental gymnastics, dismissal of certain passages, twisted interpretations, and cognitive dissonance.

Let there be light = big bang. Then the Sun is created subsequently.

Um, God also separated the light from the dark before the sun. Not to mention, "let their be light" can't refer to the Big Bang because the Big Bang does not equate to being the creation of light. The Big Bang happened and all the stars were created and the only light that ensued was the light from the stars. There's no way for light to come prior to stars.

Uh... A short time after the big bang the universe was full of photons - i.e. light particles. This a well-known fact.

Quarks, gluons, protons, and neutrons came before photons. Why doesn't the Bible mention that? It didn't, but instead inaccurately states that God created photons first.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2011 3:14:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/14/2011 1:41:49 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 2/14/2011 1:36:28 PM, InquireTruth wrote:
I wasn't alive in 400 AD.
Nor were you alive, I imagine, during any of the World Wars. I also imagine, on the other hand, that you are sufficiently aware of their history. The assumption that it would bother a YECreationist has been wrong for far too long for someone to feign that it does.

Do you believe in a literal interpretation of Genesis, or is it simply allegorical?

I interpret Genesis as the author(s) intended it to be interpreted - truth in story.

I don't, the book of Genesis was a real account. You say how can light be without a light source like a star. Yet you believe the universe came from nothing. That's contradicting. Light from nothing - impossible, universe from nothing - possible. And yet even more so, the light was created by God, the universe by nothing. ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I don't recall IT saying any of that. You're reading far too much into it.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!