Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

You must be saved by speaking of tongues ?

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 5:39:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/16/2011 4:11:18 PM, interrogator wrote:
True or false.:

False.

What does salvation means to you.:

I echo the words of Tigg, "an empty promise."
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 6:22:37 PM
Speaking in Tongues is not required for salvation, it is one of the gifts of the spirit...

Along with a few other things, like discernment, knowledge, miracle working, prophecy, etc.

The bible itself says that they are not necessary for salvation.. I don't exactly recall where, I think Galatians or something. One of those books.

I always thought that speaking in tongues had more to do with speaking in other languages, rather than speaking in absolute gibberish... Which is what most pentecostal churches seem to think.. Well.. Ok, they think they are speaking an angelic language or something.

Which, I suppose makes sense depending on your understanding of what an angel is.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 8:11:02 PM
At 2/16/2011 4:11:18 PM, interrogator wrote:
True or false. What does salvation means to you.

False.

It means an end to this world. Rest. Getting to actually stand in His presence and see His face, instead of the taste we get in his life.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Jarjar3000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2011 11:19:58 PM
Peace, Joy, Love, Freedom, Heaven
Ohh Lord How you love me, you change my heart and soul, renewing my mind into something I could never imagine, You make me strong when I am weak, you encourage me when I'm despaired, You stick by me when everyone deserts me, You are my Lord You are my God.

Charles: I'm not a Christian because I'm afraid of hell, I'm a Christian because I love Jesus.

Geolaureate: The Pope
He looks like a Sith lord, I don't trust him.

Charles0103: Just like my God, my faith won't change.