Jump to topic:

Are you enjoying life right now ?

Sangers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 12:54:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's 4:50am in the morning with an ethics oral presentation due in three hours. And I haven't even picked a topic D: My life is so awesome :D
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 12:56:16 PM
At 2/17/2011 12:54:00 PM, Sangers wrote:
I haven't even picked a topic D:

http://www.debate.org...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 12:57:20 PM
At 2/17/2011 12:56:16 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

or you could pick Peter Singer's justifications for feeding babies to the world's poor.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Sangers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 1:01:41 PM
At 2/17/2011 12:57:20 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 2/17/2011 12:56:16 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

or you could pick Peter Singer's justifications for feeding babies to the world's poor.

heh I could :P
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 1:43:32 PM
Ah, you know, the usual.

Was investigated for rape, and even though I was cleared they won't let me re-enlist, am going to Captain's Mast tomorrow, have to move in 3 weeks without anywhere to go, and apparently nothing is happening to my accuser even though it's obvious she's a liar.

You know, just your average day.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 2:14:15 PM
define enjoying.... i mean, can we, as individuals, ever really find "true" enjoyment in life? on a basic level, though, yeah. life is dandy.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 2:50:44 PM
Life is weird. No matter how much my life falls apart around me, I'm happy through it all.

I enjoy life very much. To the point to where everyone around me looks crazy. The crazy people around me are very amusing.

Especially my food friend Ted who sits in my coffee.

Not really, I don't have a friend named Ted who sits in my coffee.. -.-

His name is really Douglas Von Peuterschmidt.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 3:06:28 PM
Happiest and most stressed I've ever been. I'm surrounded by amazing friends, fantastic social experiences, have a political purpose and am active with it, have an artistic outlet, am graduating in May with two bachelors degrees, am about to move to New York City, and most importantly of all - have a wonderful, beautiful girlfriend.

The only thing I really want to change right now is my job situation, but unfortunately the economy in my area has me stuck working at a job I despise.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
InquireTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 3:46:35 PM
At 2/17/2011 1:43:32 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Ah, you know, the usual.

Was investigated for rape, and even though I was cleared they won't let me re-enlist, am going to Captain's Mast tomorrow, have to move in 3 weeks without anywhere to go, and apparently nothing is happening to my accuser even though it's obvious she's a liar.

One of the reasons why I don't think women should serve in any of the armed forces.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 4:21:27 PM
I'm definately enjoying the work aspect of my life. I couldn't ask for a better job.

However, my social life is in shambles, i'm sleeping on a loungeroom floor and I'm in a significant amount of debt.

Give me 12 months and I should be really flying.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 4:22:29 PM
At 2/17/2011 3:46:35 PM, InquireTruth wrote:
One of the reasons why I don't think women should serve in any of the armed forces.

Why not just separate them?
President of DDO
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 4:30:23 PM
At 2/17/2011 4:22:29 PM, Danielle wrote:

Why not just separate them?
That would be a good solution, but then some people get outraged over segregation, too.
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 5:01:00 PM
Life is good, life is good. with the exception of ever-looming SAT's and other standardized tests, I can't find anything serious to complain about.

I've suddenly found myself dating of of the sweetest guys I've ever met, and almost all of my friends are reasonably happy (none of them are depressed at the moment... happens a lot in winter in Texas).
so yeah, I'm doing pretty good.
and it feels good to not be complaining
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 6:07:54 PM
Just out of curiosity... why is this in the religion forum...??

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 6:12:41 PM
At 2/17/2011 6:07:54 PM, devinni01841 wrote:

The punchline is...
"God is solely responsible for your happiness."

Muh threads
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 6:25:06 PM
At 2/17/2011 6:12:41 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/17/2011 6:07:54 PM, devinni01841 wrote:

The punchline is...
"God is solely responsible for your happiness."

ahaha..

.NO COMMENT

rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 7:47:28 PM
I have a problem for you:

I have a friend who I really care about, and I don't like ditching friends, but he's become unbearable. He is ungodly annoying, when I'm around him he bothers me nonstop, pokes me, takes my stuff to get my attention, etc. He is also pressuring me to do things I know are dumb, like skipping things I've committed to to hang out with him, and drinking with people much older than me that I've never met. He gets mad if I can't hang out, and then says "we better hang out this weekend". I know it is not just me because our other friends won't even consent to hang out with me and him to make it more bearable for me because they don't wanna deal with him. He was a great friend to me last year, but we have nothing in common, and the more I hang around him out of pity the more I can't stand him.

What do I do?
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 7:47:54 PM

I have a friend who I really care about, and I don't like ditching friends, but he's become unbearable. He is ungodly annoying, when I'm around him he bothers me nonstop, pokes me, takes my stuff to get my attention, etc. He is also pressuring me to do things I know are dumb, like skipping things I've committed to to hang out with him, and drinking with people much older than me that I've never met. He gets mad if I can't hang out, and then says "we better hang out this weekend". I know it is not just me because our other friends won't even consent to hang out with me and him to make it more bearable for me because they don't wanna deal with him. He was a great friend to me last year, but we have nothing in common, and the more I hang around him out of pity the more I can't stand him.

What do I do?
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 7:50:57 PM
At 2/17/2011 7:47:54 PM, rogue wrote:

What do I do?

if you don't want to cut him off completely, at least set boundaries. say what can and can't happen between you guys. life if you have other plans, tell him its not cool for him to try to wheedle you into breaking them. and that kind of thing. he sounds like he has some issues of his own to deal with >.>
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 7:56:43 PM

What do I do?

Just tell him how you feel.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 7:57:48 PM
At 2/17/2011 7:50:57 PM, belle wrote:

What do I do?

if you don't want to cut him off completely, at least set boundaries. say what can and can't happen between you guys. life if you have other plans, tell him its not cool for him to try to wheedle you into breaking them. and that kind of thing. he sounds like he has some issues of his own to deal with >.>

Yeah I will try. I just feel bad because others won't hang out with him at all anymore. He's lonely and I think he's clinging to me because he knows I won't abandon him. I've had people do that to me in the past and I wouldn't wish it on anyone unless I REALLY hated them.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 8:00:09 PM
At 2/17/2011 7:47:28 PM, rogue wrote:

What do I do?

Encourages you to drink with people who are a lot older than you who you haven't even met?

Sounds like a douche. Stab him in the throat.

Muh threads
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 8:00:25 PM
At 2/17/2011 7:57:48 PM, rogue wrote:
At 2/17/2011 7:50:57 PM, belle wrote:

What do I do?

Yeah I will try. I just feel bad because others won't hang out with him at all anymore. He's lonely and I think he's clinging to me because he knows I won't abandon him. I've had people do that to me in the past and I wouldn't wish it on anyone unless I REALLY hated them.

clearly they won't hang out with him for a reason >.>
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 8:04:12 PM
At 2/17/2011 6:15:46 PM, FREEDO wrote:
More than anyone else.

Freedos in denial.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 8:08:30 PM
At 2/17/2011 1:43:32 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Ah, you know, the usual.

One of the reasons why I don't think women should serve in any of the armed forces.:

I work with some pretty amazing women, so I don't know if I'd go that far. But, hey, don't listen to me. Apparently I'm a rapist....
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 8:08:43 PM
At 2/17/2011 8:04:12 PM, Alex wrote:
At 2/17/2011 6:15:46 PM, FREEDO wrote:
More than anyone else.

Freedos in denial.

yes thats why he's so happy.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 8:11:12 PM
What do I do?:

Tell him you can't be his friend anymore because he's a bad influence and he's annoying..