GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 3:18:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/22/2011 3:05:41 PM, interrogator wrote:
Not the big bang. That is impossible,

Very possible. It happened and here we are.

given the fact, that nothing cannot create
nothing.

First of all, this is a useless assertion. Nothing cannot create nothing? No sh!t. It's nothing so obviously it can't act.

I think you mean nothing can't create something. The problem is, you assume that "nothing" existed before the Big Bang. What if our universe sprouted from another universe? What if our universe was eternal going through an eternal cycle of expanding and contracting?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 3:21:46 PM
At 2/22/2011 3:18:51 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

I think you mean nothing can't create something. The problem is, you assume that "nothing" existed before the Big Bang. What if our universe sprouted from another universe? What if our universe was eternal going through an eternal cycle of expanding and contracting?

If we sprouted from another universe then where did that universe come from? O.o Everything has to start somewhere unless everything already eternally existed.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 3:21:56 PM
Well, first of all, you are a little mistaken on the big bang.

The big bang theory does not claim that nothing came from nothing.. It also doesn't describe the start of existence, reality, or even really the universe.. It deals with a rapid expansion that happened way way back at a time estimated to be 14 or so billion years ago. It is said to be the start of our universe in its current form.

There is a subtle difference.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 3:34:28 PM
At 2/22/2011 3:29:58 PM, interrogator wrote:
An explosion cannot creat human beings or animals. How can the Big Bang
create life ?

The big bang theory, contrary to what its name suggests doesn't actually a big explosion..

It describes a rapid expansion.

As for how life itself started.. There are a few ideas, though we haven't figured it out with a high degree of certainty just yet.

Once life did start though, evolution does pretty good job explaining how animals and human beings came to be.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 3:36:52 PM
create life ?

Wow, you really need to take a legitimate introductory science class, kid.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 3:37:21 PM
At 2/22/2011 3:34:28 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
create life ?

The big bang theory, contrary to what its name suggests doesn't actually a big explosion..

As for how life itself started.. There are a few ideas, though we haven't figured it out with a high degree of certainty just yet.

Once life did start though, evolution does pretty good job explaining how animals and human beings came to be.

If we evolved from apes then why are apes still around?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 3:37:41 PM
At 2/22/2011 3:21:46 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 2/22/2011 3:18:51 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

If we sprouted from another universe then where did that universe come from?

Another universe?

Just like you sprouted from your mom, and your mom sprouted from your grandma, and your grandma sprouted from your great grandma.

O.o Everything has to start somewhere unless everything already eternally existed.

And that's a problem how? There's nothing inherently problematic with eternal existence.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 3:38:39 PM
At 2/22/2011 3:37:21 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
create life ?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them.

...common ancestor with apes.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 3:39:25 PM
create life ?

Hahaha!!! We did not evolve from apes. We and apes share a common ancestor, which has gone the way of the dinosaur.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 3:41:07 PM
create life ?

Wow... Nobody ever said we came from apes. We share a common ancestor with apes. We didn't evolve from them, we both evolved from the same species.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 3:41:31 PM
create life ?

We didn't literally evolve from apes, but rather share a common ancestry. Those from whom we evolved no longer exist.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 3:43:02 PM
At 2/22/2011 3:41:31 PM, innomen wrote:
create life ?

We didn't literally evolve from apes, but rather share a common ancestry. Those from whom we evolved no longer exist.

Ok, that's all I was trying to clarify. I'm not a creationist btw.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 3:43:38 PM
The people in this topic are condescending and terrible at communication.

Listen to me, ignore the trolls.

Oh wait.. I just trolled by saying that..

oops.

>.>
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 3:45:46 PM
At 2/22/2011 3:43:38 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
The people in this topic are condescending and terrible at communication.

Listen to me, ignore the trolls.

Oh wait.. I just trolled by saying that..

oops.

>.>

Well I feel incredibly stupid now for posting what I posted and I'm not even a creationist. >.>
interrogator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 3:49:46 PM
Gavin. I am with you. If we evolved from apes, then why are they still around.
And why do we not live with them, and keep them in captivity. Most of them are
in the woods and in the wild. So where did it end ? It does not make sense.
Where did it begin and why did it end.
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 3:52:41 PM
At 2/22/2011 3:49:46 PM, interrogator wrote:
Gavin. I am with you. If we evolved from apes, then why are they still around.
And why do we not live with them, and keep them in captivity. Most of them are
in the woods and in the wild. So where did it end ? It does not make sense.
Where did it begin and why did it end.

Whoa! You're not with me, man. I just said we did not evolve from apes, and then 3 other people said the exact same thing. We share a common ancestor. It makes absolutely perfect sense to anyone who has ever actually paid attention in Junior High School.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 3:56:01 PM
At 2/22/2011 3:52:41 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:

Whoa! You're not with me, man. I just said we did not evolve from apes, and then 3 other people said the exact same thing. We share a common ancestor. It makes absolutely perfect sense to anyone who has ever actually paid attention in Junior High School.

Well to be honest, I don't even recall ever learning much about the origins of life in junior high or high school. Maybe because it's too controversial for too many people they decide not to teach it here? I don't know.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 4:04:56 PM
Wow, Interrogator, after reading all these peoples' votes, what aren't you getting? Your first post was unacceptably ignorant.
interrogator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 4:15:42 PM
Rogue. No, it was not ignorant. Just not as articulate or logical. However, I know
the answer to that question. And we all will soon. Bank on it.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 4:16:45 PM
create life ?:

It's a whole lot more complicated than explosions *poof* life. Please don't oversimplify. It would also take a lot of detailed explaining, but just know that it didn't happen overnight.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 4:20:42 PM
No one is saying anyone came from apes.

Do you know what he means when he says common ancestor?
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 4:21:28 PM
At 2/22/2011 4:15:42 PM, interrogator wrote:
Rogue. No, it was not ignorant. Just not as articulate or logical. However, I know
the answer to that question. And we all will soon. Bank on it.

What the hell are you talking about?
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 4:24:48 PM
At 2/22/2011 3:05:41 PM, interrogator wrote:
nothing cannot create nothing.

Oh, is that right? I'm confused by the TRIPLE NEGATIVE...
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
interrogator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 4:25:16 PM
Gavin. Come on man. Seriously. We know that Obama is going to be reelected
in 2012. No need to overanalyze things here. This is not the 1970's, and this
is not the Carter Administration.