Total Posts:90|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Christian?

GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 10:07:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few will find it." - Matthew 7:13-14.

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only those who do the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!" - Matthew 7:21-23.

Thus be wise and build your house on the rock for when the rains come and the streams rise and the winds blow you will not fall. Therefore you who is foolish builds his house on the sand and the rains come and the streams rise and the winds blow and you will fall. (Matthew 7:24-27).

This is speaking about those who declare themselves saved, Jesus is making a distinction between those who are truly born again and those who believe they are saved yet shed no evidence of being born again. It isn't marking out a distinction between those who go to church and those who do not, like the atheists and the agnostics and those who general in temporary things.

"'This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time,' declares the LORD. 'I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God and they will be my people.'" - Jeremiah 31:33.

The LORD will put His law on your mind and the LORD will write it on your heart.

You who has it so trusted on your profile page like a stamp stuck on a post card saying 'Christian' may not be one at all. Saying 'I've sent it, I 'm a Christian now.' A religious lie is the most strong of all lies, they can deceive you double. An atheist knows he is not a Christian, but you who claim Christ yet does not do the will of the Father is not straight but fake, knowing not God you say you know, but believing in an idol that you deny. Being delusional and ignorant of it, you will say you are saved and a lover of Christ, yet you set your goals on things on worldly things, and worldly things can council concepts of Christianity, but they only play apart in your mind, seemingly being true to you based on personal hardships and psychological pains. And so it is, to believe in Jesus Christ is not to believe in Him conceptually, but as the truth with power, putting aside personal struggles and hardships, and psychological strains and yet, still you know truth. And by that even your hardships of personal defects and psychological strains will therefore not be between you and truth, yet they will be put aside far from your relationship with Jesus Christ. In that they will not succeed contribution towards your dual heritage of heaven with Christ and fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. But only by the blood of Christ Jesus will you inherit the Kingdom of heaven.
And so by the heart, not conceptually do we know we are saved by truth and by the witness of the Holy Spirit, changing us to be more and more like Him, Christ Jesus.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,333
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 10:21:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/22/2011 10:18:15 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 2/22/2011 10:13:27 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Do you condemn Atheists?

Do I condemn atheists to hell?

In any way shape or form.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 10:34:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/22/2011 10:21:24 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 2/22/2011 10:18:15 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 2/22/2011 10:13:27 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Do you condemn Atheists?

Do I condemn atheists to hell?

In any way shape or form.

Atheists in a generalisation will go to hell, but an atheist is able to be saved. Their sin has benn paid for as much as mine has, yet they deny what Jesus Christ has done. Their hearts are stone, their hearts do not react to the truth, just like a blind man cannot react by sight they are blind spiritually from birth. Knowing therefore not what truth is and knowing not if truth is in reach. They consume what I would throw up, because I am a new creature and they are still unchanged.

Literally speaking, they are spiritually blinded by the curse of sin. In that if they were to conceptually apply this truth to the mind, they would still be dead in their sin, saying they believe yet they are still condemned. The heart is transformed from an inactively stone, lifeless heart into a living, breathing able heart willingly wanting to seek truth, God's face and to willingly wanting to live as Jesus Christ lived.
jmar8542
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 10:35:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/22/2011 10:07:27 PM, GodSands wrote:
You who has it so trusted on your profile page like a stamp stuck on a post card saying 'Christian' may not be one at all. Saying 'I've sent it, I 'm a Christian now.' A religious lie is the most strong of all lies, they can deceive you double. An atheist knows he is not a Christian, but you who claim Christ yet does not do the will of the Father is not straight but fake, knowing not God you say you know, but believing in an idol that you deny.

I'm assuming based on the description this is about me. First of all, you're assuming I define the word "Christian" in the exact same way as you.

Being delusional and ignorant of it, you will say you are saved and a lover of Christ, yet you set your goals on things on worldly things, and worldly things can council concepts of Christianity, but they only play apart in your mind, seemingly being true to you based on personal hardships and psychological pains.

How can you so arrogantly assume you know what my goals are, "worldly" or not? I also have never once claimed to be "saved"; I see it as a conservative concept.

And so it is, to believe in Jesus Christ is not to believe in Him conceptually, but as the truth with power, putting aside personal struggles and hardships, and psychological strains and yet, still you know truth. And by that even your hardships of personal defects and psychological strains will therefore not be between you and truth, yet they will be put aside far from your relationship with Jesus Christ.

In my opinion, my adoption of this theology has improved my life, and helped me with personal struggles. Why should I need to accept so much dogma to have this benefit?

In that they will not succeed contribution towards your dual heritage of heaven with Christ and fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. But only by the blood of Christ Jesus will you inherit the Kingdom of heaven.

I do not believe in heaven in a literal sense.

And so by the heart, not conceptually do we know we are saved by truth and by the witness of the Holy Spirit, changing us to be more and more like Him, Christ Jesus.

I'm not a fundamentalist.
"Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can fvck off." - Richard Dawkins
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 10:40:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/22/2011 10:35:14 PM, jmar8542 wrote:
At 2/22/2011 10:07:27 PM, GodSands wrote:
You who has it so trusted on your profile page like a stamp stuck on a post card saying 'Christian' may not be one at all. Saying 'I've sent it, I 'm a Christian now.' A religious lie is the most strong of all lies, they can deceive you double. An atheist knows he is not a Christian, but you who claim Christ yet does not do the will of the Father is not straight but fake, knowing not God you say you know, but believing in an idol that you deny.

I'm assuming based on the description this is about me. First of all, you're assuming I define the word "Christian" in the exact same way as you.

Being delusional and ignorant of it, you will say you are saved and a lover of Christ, yet you set your goals on things on worldly things, and worldly things can council concepts of Christianity, but they only play apart in your mind, seemingly being true to you based on personal hardships and psychological pains.

How can you so arrogantly assume you know what my goals are, "worldly" or not? I also have never once claimed to be "saved"; I see it as a conservative concept.

And so it is, to believe in Jesus Christ is not to believe in Him conceptually, but as the truth with power, putting aside personal struggles and hardships, and psychological strains and yet, still you know truth. And by that even your hardships of personal defects and psychological strains will therefore not be between you and truth, yet they will be put aside far from your relationship with Jesus Christ.

In my opinion, my adoption of this theology has improved my life, and helped me with personal struggles. Why should I need to accept so much dogma to have this benefit?

In that they will not succeed contribution towards your dual heritage of heaven with Christ and fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. But only by the blood of Christ Jesus will you inherit the Kingdom of heaven.

I do not believe in heaven in a literal sense.

And so by the heart, not conceptually do we know we are saved by truth and by the witness of the Holy Spirit, changing us to be more and more like Him, Christ Jesus.

I'm not a fundamentalist.

This post was never for you only. I do not know your goals, I do not know much about you. I know very little about you. Your goal could be anything, you may have no goals, you may have many. Or you may think that you have set aside them all from Christ? Making a goal a mission for Christ.
jmar8542
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 10:45:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/22/2011 10:40:45 PM, GodSands wrote:
This post was never for you only.

True...I just felt safe to assume it since I'm the only one I know of on this site recently who is misunderstood for having liberal Christian views.
"Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can fvck off." - Richard Dawkins
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 10:47:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/22/2011 10:45:13 PM, jmar8542 wrote:
At 2/22/2011 10:40:45 PM, GodSands wrote:
This post was never for you only.

True...I just felt safe to assume it since I'm the only one I know of on this site recently who is misunderstood for having liberal Christian views.

What are your views exactly? How do they differ from mainstream christianity?
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,333
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 10:47:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/22/2011 10:45:13 PM, jmar8542 wrote:
At 2/22/2011 10:40:45 PM, GodSands wrote:
This post was never for you only.

True...I just felt safe to assume it since I'm the only one I know of on this site recently who is misunderstood for having liberal Christian views.

lol!
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 11:04:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/22/2011 10:47:14 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 2/22/2011 10:45:13 PM, jmar8542 wrote:
At 2/22/2011 10:40:45 PM, GodSands wrote:
This post was never for you only.

True...I just felt safe to assume it since I'm the only one I know of on this site recently who is misunderstood for having liberal Christian views.

What are your views exactly? How do they differ from mainstream christianity?

I would say mainstream Christianity isn't actually Christianity so much, rather more worldly moulded Christianity. As in there is a history, a background to what happened in historical Christianity, and a basic outline of what Christianity is. Which is, Jesus died for our sins.

Basic and low leveled. Never spoken out in passion or love, but as a subject. To experience real Christianity is to become a real Christian. The world is blinded by sin just as much as an worldly individual is. So to make the world seem just and good, fair and game, the world includes Christianity as a subject, yet if they knew God they would be like Satan against God, because their hearts are sinful and evil.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,333
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 11:10:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/22/2011 11:04:26 PM, GodSands wrote:
yet if they knew God they would be like Satan against God, because their hearts are sinful and evil.

Good to know! Any more condemnations?
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2011 11:31:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
"There is no one righteous, not even one;
there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.
All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one."
"Their throats are open graves;
their tongues practice deceit."
"The poison of vipers is on their lips."
"Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness."
"Their feet are swift to shed blood;
ruin and misery mark their ways,
and the way of peace they do not know."
"There is no fear of God before their eyes."
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 3:21:36 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/22/2011 10:35:14 PM, jmar8542 wrote:
I also have never once claimed to be "saved"; I see it as a conservative concept.

What!? You believe in Jesus, who is a Savior, but you don't believe he "saved" you? Then what use is his status as Savior? I thought both liberal and conservative Christianity accepts Jesus Christ as Savior.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 9:45:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/22/2011 10:34:20 PM, GodSands wrote:
Atheists in a generalisation will go to hell...

"I may grow rich by an art I am compelled to follow; I may recover health by medicines I am compelled to take against my own judgment; but I cannot be saved by a worship I disbelieve and abhor." ~ Thomas Jefferson
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2011 9:49:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/22/2011 10:47:14 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
How do they differ from mainstream christianity?

There's no such thing as mainstream Christianity. We don't even know what Christian refers to. Some "Christians" think Jesus is God incarnate. Some Christians don't believe in the trinity (while to others it's unbelievably sacred). Some believe Jesus got married. Some believe in Jesus' message but not his divinity. Some Christians think Jesus was born of a virgin; some do not. So who knows that he's referring to...
President of DDO
jmar8542
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2011 2:04:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/22/2011 10:47:14 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

What are your views exactly? How do they differ from mainstream christianity?

I suppose describe them as well as I can; all I seem to do is confuse people @.@

My beliefs:

Christian: Anyone who studies and attempts to emulate the values and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, regardless of spiritual beliefs.

God/Holy Spirit: 1. The incorporeal "spirit" that is the source of life and the force that resides in all living things; 2. The source of the feeling one gets when having a spiritual experience, i.e. an energy reservoir that can be mentally tapped into; 3. The personification of all ideas considered good and righteous.

Sin: Actions in life which distance us from positive spirituality and God or have negative consequences.

Jesus: A man who may or may not have been divine; regardless, a great spiritual teacher whose teachings should be followed.

Prayer: A syncing of mind/spirit/body in a way that allows us to commune with the Holy Spirit and release past sinful experiences so that we may be free from them.

Heaven: Similar to the Buddhist concept of Nirvana; the fruits of a life free of sin and negative consequences.

Hell: The torment of a sinful life; the eventual negative consequences of committing sin.
"Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can fvck off." - Richard Dawkins
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2011 2:26:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/26/2011 2:04:23 PM, jmar8542 wrote:
At 2/22/2011 10:47:14 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

What are your views exactly? How do they differ from mainstream christianity?

I suppose describe them as well as I can; all I seem to do is confuse people @.@

My beliefs:

Christian: Anyone who studies and attempts to emulate the values and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, regardless of spiritual beliefs.

God/Holy Spirit: 1. The incorporeal "spirit" that is the source of life and the force that resides in all living things; 2. The source of the feeling one gets when having a spiritual experience, i.e. an energy reservoir that can be mentally tapped into; 3. The personification of all ideas considered good and righteous.

Sin: Actions in life which distance us from positive spirituality and God or have negative consequences.

Jesus: A man who may or may not have been divine; regardless, a great spiritual teacher whose teachings should be followed.

Prayer: A syncing of mind/spirit/body in a way that allows us to commune with the Holy Spirit and release past sinful experiences so that we may be free from them.

Heaven: Similar to the Buddhist concept of Nirvana; the fruits of a life free of sin and negative consequences.

Hell: The torment of a sinful life; the eventual negative consequences of committing sin.

No, I understand, but just realize that by most christians you probably wouldn't be considered a real christian.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2011 4:53:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/22/2011 10:34:20 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 2/22/2011 10:21:24 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 2/22/2011 10:18:15 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 2/22/2011 10:13:27 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Do you condemn Atheists?

Do I condemn atheists to hell?

In any way shape or form.

Atheists in a generalisation will go to hell, but an atheist is able to be saved. Their sin has benn paid for as much as mine has, yet they deny what Jesus Christ has done. Their hearts are stone, their hearts do not react to the truth, just like a blind man cannot react by sight they are blind spiritually from birth. Knowing therefore not what truth is and knowing not if truth is in reach. They consume what I would throw up, because I am a new creature and they are still unchanged.

Literally speaking, they are spiritually blinded by the curse of sin. In that if they were to conceptually apply this truth to the mind, they would still be dead in their sin, saying they believe yet they are still condemned. The heart is transformed from an inactively stone, lifeless heart into a living, breathing able heart willingly wanting to seek truth, God's face and to willingly wanting to live as Jesus Christ lived.

Wait so a benevolent God let's people who are "misguided" burn in Hell for eternity? That doesn't sound benevolent to me....
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2011 4:59:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/26/2011 2:26:03 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 2/26/2011 2:04:23 PM, jmar8542 wrote:
At 2/22/2011 10:47:14 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

What are your views exactly? How do they differ from mainstream christianity?

I suppose describe them as well as I can; all I seem to do is confuse people @.@

My beliefs:

Christian: Anyone who studies and attempts to emulate the values and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, regardless of spiritual beliefs.

God/Holy Spirit: 1. The incorporeal "spirit" that is the source of life and the force that resides in all living things; 2. The source of the feeling one gets when having a spiritual experience, i.e. an energy reservoir that can be mentally tapped into; 3. The personification of all ideas considered good and righteous.

Sin: Actions in life which distance us from positive spirituality and God or have negative consequences.

Jesus: A man who may or may not have been divine; regardless, a great spiritual teacher whose teachings should be followed.

Prayer: A syncing of mind/spirit/body in a way that allows us to commune with the Holy Spirit and release past sinful experiences so that we may be free from them.

Heaven: Similar to the Buddhist concept of Nirvana; the fruits of a life free of sin and negative consequences.

Hell: The torment of a sinful life; the eventual negative consequences of committing sin.

No, I understand, but just realize that by most christians you probably wouldn't be considered a real christian.

Thank goodness most Christians don't really get to make that determination.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2011 5:28:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/26/2011 4:59:41 PM, innomen wrote:
At 2/26/2011 2:26:03 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

No, I understand, but just realize that by most christians you probably wouldn't be considered a real christian.

Thank goodness most Christians don't really get to make that determination.

It sounds like to me that he's not even a theist and just likes Jesus' teachings.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2011 6:31:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/26/2011 2:04:23 PM, jmar8542 wrote:
Heaven: Similar to the Buddhist concept of Nirvana; the fruits of a life free of sin and negative consequences.

There's no way to interpret Christian heaven as Buddhist Nirvana.

"Where there is nothing; where naught is grasped, there is the Isle of No-Beyond. Nirvana do I call it." -- the Buddha
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2011 8:32:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/26/2011 6:31:01 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/26/2011 2:04:23 PM, jmar8542 wrote:
Heaven: Similar to the Buddhist concept of Nirvana; the fruits of a life free of sin and negative consequences.

There's no way to interpret Christian heaven as Buddhist Nirvana.

"Where there is nothing; where naught is grasped, there is the Isle of No-Beyond. Nirvana do I call it." -- the Buddha

So you say
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
jmar8542
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2011 2:20:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/26/2011 6:31:01 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/26/2011 2:04:23 PM, jmar8542 wrote:
Heaven: Similar to the Buddhist concept of Nirvana; the fruits of a life free of sin and negative consequences.

There's no way to interpret Christian heaven as Buddhist Nirvana.

"Where there is nothing; where naught is grasped, there is the Isle of No-Beyond. Nirvana do I call it." -- the Buddha

So you're saying your views of nirvana are just as narrow-minded as Christian's views of Heaven?
"Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can fvck off." - Richard Dawkins
jmar8542
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2011 2:22:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/26/2011 4:59:41 PM, innomen wrote:
At 2/26/2011 2:26:03 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

No, I understand, but just realize that by most christians you probably wouldn't be considered a real christian.

Thank goodness most Christians don't really get to make that determination.

Indeed...lol.
I've already gotten sh!t from the "real Christians" on this site :P
"Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can fvck off." - Richard Dawkins
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2011 2:23:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/27/2011 2:22:22 AM, jmar8542 wrote:
At 2/26/2011 4:59:41 PM, innomen wrote:
At 2/26/2011 2:26:03 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

No, I understand, but just realize that by most christians you probably wouldn't be considered a real christian.

Thank goodness most Christians don't really get to make that determination.

Indeed...lol.
I've already gotten sh!t from the "real Christians" on this site :P

I'm curious. After reading about your views it almost seems like you don't believe in God, but just like Jesus' teachings. Do you believe in God?
jmar8542
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2011 2:27:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/27/2011 2:23:52 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 2/27/2011 2:22:22 AM, jmar8542 wrote:
At 2/26/2011 4:59:41 PM, innomen wrote:
At 2/26/2011 2:26:03 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

No, I understand, but just realize that by most christians you probably wouldn't be considered a real christian.

Thank goodness most Christians don't really get to make that determination.

Indeed...lol.
I've already gotten sh!t from the "real Christians" on this site :P

I'm curious. After reading about your views it almost seems like you don't believe in God, but just like Jesus' teachings. Do you believe in God?

Still figuring that out for myself. I've seen some compelling arguments from both sides (not from GodSands or Interrogator of course). If I don't, I'm an Agnostic. If I do, I'm either a Deist or a Pantheist. I'll never be an Atheist because that takes just as much certainty as a Theist puts forth.
"Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can fvck off." - Richard Dawkins