interrogator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2011 12:39:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yes. The Bible is true. Someone asked me the other day. How do you know
that what is written in the Bible is real though. Because it correlates with
what is happening on Earth today. Many of the prophecies in there have already come to pass. Just read Revelations and Proverbs. Those are rather easy to comprehend and it gives us many insightful messages. But yes, the Word is real. God's Word is true. You either understand that or not.
interrogator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2011 12:47:23 PM
There are also souls being saved daily. The majority of the Western World still
believe that God exists. And many of them are still holding on to their faith.
God is gaining, not losing. It is humaity that fails, and is filled with sin.
The Bible clearly tells you how to repent from your sins, and be filled with
the Holy Spirit. There is no excuse for not understanding. If you choose to
go the other way, it is because that is your own personal choice.
You do not want to put your trust in Him. You do not want to serve Him.
And guess what. That is your problem. Once you have solid evidence that He
does exist, then some of you will have time to repent from your sins.
As I said before, it must get bad before it is better. Soon you will be exposed
to the worst, and you will be begging God to save you. Mark my words.
The truth is about to be revealed. So you may want to keep and open mind.
For Gods people will be saved and they will see Heaven. And they will have
eternal life.
interrogator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2011 12:49:01 PM
Grey Parrot. That is your opinion. There are many who believe that it is true.
And they understand His Word. Just because you do not, dont hold that against
us. You must look deep within yourself and try to find out your purpose in life.
God loves us all, and He loves you, too.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2011 12:51:09 PM
I have been begging God to save me from the crazy snake that come to me at night and whisper prophecies in my sleeping ear. What verse should I pray?
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2011 1:00:41 PM
God's word is true.

The only difference is, you think the Bible is the word of God when it is actually the Koran.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2011 1:08:08 PM
Isn't it strange how 12 year old boys who have never read the bible are adamant it is the true word of God.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2011 2:48:53 PM
At 2/26/2011 12:47:23 PM, interrogator wrote:
There are also souls being saved daily. The majority of the Western World still
believe that God exists.

Argumentum ad populum... doesn't work, sorry.

And many of them are still holding on to their faith.
God is gaining, not losing.

Actually, that's false. Learn 2 READ POLLS.

It is humaity that fails, and is filled with sin.
The Bible clearly tells you how to repent from your sins, and be filled with
the Holy Spirit. There is no excuse for not understanding. If you choose to
go the other way, it is because that is your own personal choice.

Or because actually reading the Bible opens your eyes to the moral evils that are contained therein... The Old Testament is practically a handbook on HOW TO SIN, not how to REPENT.

Or also because some simple logical thought reveals insurmountable obstacles to the question of whether or not God exists... and the best possible answer the Theist can give is "I don't know, and you don't either."

You do not want to put your trust in Him. You do not want to serve Him.

Maybe because he did things like condone stoning homosexuals, tell people to take slaves, engage in wanton murder, and keep women as sexual slaves??? Could that be part of it?

And guess what. That is your problem. Once you have solid evidence that He
does exist, then some of you will have time to repent from your sins.

I'm still waiting for that evidence...

As I said before, it must get bad before it is better. Soon you will be exposed
to the worst, and you will be begging God to save you. Mark my words.
The truth is about to be revealed.

When? People have been saying that for, literally, thousands of years. What makes you think you know better than the people that have been proven wrong by history?

So you may want to keep and open mind.

Take your own advice...

For Gods people will be saved and they will see Heaven. And they will have
eternal life.

That's cool... all of the followers of a non-existent being will live forever in a non-existent place. Thanks, but I'll take cremation.
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2011 2:54:42 PM
At 2/26/2011 1:08:08 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Isn't it strange how 12 year old boys who have never read the bible are adamant it is the true word of God.

Strange, indeed.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2011 4:51:59 PM
At 2/26/2011 12:39:55 PM, interrogator wrote:
what is happening on Earth today. Many of the prophecies in there have already come to pass. Just read Revelations and Proverbs. Those are rather easy to comprehend and it gives us many insightful messages. But yes, the Word is real. God's Word is true. You either understand that or not.

Are you absolutely sure what is written in the Bible is God's word?
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2011 2:36:10 AM
what is happening on Earth today.

Let me get this straight... the tribal myths, teachings, and allegories of the early Jews are FOR SURE TRUE because they apply to modern events? Let me introduce you to these newfangled concepts called science, medicine, and logic...

Many of the prophecies in there have already come to pass. Just read Revelations and Proverbs.

Name three prophecies that have come to pass... just three...

Those are rather easy to comprehend and it gives us many insightful messages. But yes, the Word is real. God's Word is true. You either understand that or not.

I'm thinking you don't understand it... so much of the Bible is obviously false that nobody takes a claim of Biblical truth seriously anymore.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2011 5:25:37 AM
At 2/27/2011 2:36:10 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:

www.konig.org/messianic.htm

www.greatcom.org/resources/areadydefense/.../default.htm

www.cynet.com/jesus/prophecy/ntquoted.htm

www.askapastor.org/proph.html

www.biblestudy.org/prophecy/old-testament-prophecies-jesus-fulfilled.html

www.jesus-is-lord.com/messiah.htm

www.bprc.org/topics/fulfill.html

This is LITERALLY the top few of MANY MANY prophecy web sites.. If you spent a fraction of the time that you spend on bullying on honest research, you would reap exceedingly RICH REWARDS!

(I'm touched that you would STILL have that signature! I really got to you eh?)
The Cross.. the Cross.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2011 9:00:04 AM
At 3/2/2011 5:25:37 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

This is LITERALLY the top few of MANY MANY prophecy web sites.. If you spent a fraction of the time that you spend on bullying on honest research, you would reap exceedingly RICH REWARDS!

The problem is, most of those prophecies are utter bullocks, and aren't convincing in the slightest. I've studied this claim before.

In your first link, the first prophecy is that Jesus predicted his death before he was killed.. Ok.. Well, do you see how that is not convincing? It assumes too much, and doesn't take into account the fact that the book was written after the fact, and the "prophecy" could have been added later.

Jesus never fulfilled any Old Testament prophecies either, this is a myth.. He was retroactively interpreted as fulfilling prophecies(All of which on closer examination don't make any sense, many of which aren't even prophecies).. Also, I'd be willing to wager that certain details about Jesus' life were just flat out made up so that it would look as though he fulfilled prophecy.

You should make another topic about biblical prophecies concerning Jesus. Post a prophecy, and I'll debunk it. Or debate if you'd rather do that.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2011 9:01:45 AM
At 3/2/2011 9:00:04 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

The problem is, most of those prophecies are utter bullocks, and aren't convincing in the slightest. I've studied this claim before.

In your first link, the first prophecy is that Jesus predicted his death before he was killed.. Ok.. Well, do you see how that is not convincing? It assumes too much, and doesn't take into account the fact that the book was written after the fact, and the "prophecy" could have been added later.

Jesus never fulfilled any Old Testament prophecies either, this is a myth.. He was retroactively interpreted as fulfilling prophecies(All of which on closer examination don't make any sense, many of which aren't even prophecies).. Also, I'd be willing to wager that certain details about Jesus' life were just flat out made up so that it would look as though he fulfilled prophecy.

You should make another topic about biblical prophecies concerning Jesus. Post a prophecy, and I'll debunk it. Or debate if you'd rather do that.

He is a drive by preacher, he probably wont post for another three months and even if he comes back tomorrow he won't actually engage with you.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2011 9:06:31 AM
At 3/2/2011 9:01:45 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

He is a drive by preacher, he probably wont post for another three months and even if he comes back tomorrow he won't actually engage with you.

Yeah, and looking at his profile, I'd rather not debate him.

Totally out of fear.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2011 4:49:40 AM

But ANY prophecy EITHER hasn't happened yet OR is after the fact!
SO.. prophecies are for the people BELIEVING in Gods Word, putting their hope in Him, NOT for sceptics and debunkers..

HOW open minded are you? God is real and MUCH MORE IMPORTANTLY He is GOOD! (wise, just, forgiving etc)

Say to yourself " IF God is real and the claims of Christianity true THEN I WANT to know.. "
The Cross.. the Cross.