Jump to topic:

I think I'm a Christian???

Jarjar3000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 12:51:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I went to this place called a Church last Sunday and we sang songs and Praises to God aka Jesus and worshiped Him and then after that a Man came out and started telling us things from a Bible about God and how we should live. It was really amazing, and the best part was we all went to lunch after it was great. So I think I am a Christian now. And I don't think you guys should Judge me just cause I'm different.
Ohh Lord How you love me, you change my heart and soul, renewing my mind into something I could never imagine, You make me strong when I am weak, you encourage me when I'm despaired, You stick by me when everyone deserts me, You are my Lord You are my God.

Charles: I'm not a Christian because I'm afraid of hell, I'm a Christian because I love Jesus.

Geolaureate: The Pope
He looks like a Sith lord, I don't trust him.

Charles0103: Just like my God, my faith won't change.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 12:53:42 AM
At 3/9/2011 12:51:02 AM, Jarjar3000 wrote:
I went to this place called a Church last Sunday and we sang songs and Praises to God aka Jesus and worshiped Him and then after that a Man came out and started telling us things from a Bible about God and how we should live. It was really amazing, and the best part was we all went to lunch after it was great. So I think I am a Christian now. And I don't think you guys should Judge me just cause I'm different.

You're a cult worshiper that has spent zero minutes of your conscious life deciding what Jesus means to you, and needs to be told this.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 1:03:46 AM
At 3/9/2011 12:56:31 AM, FREEDO wrote:
You forgot the part where you drink Jesus' blood.

And have sex covered in blood
get aids
then die an early death due to your stupidity
never reproduce
and further natural selection

oh wait noe that's rogue and satanism
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 1:12:39 AM
At 3/9/2011 1:03:46 AM, askbob wrote:
At 3/9/2011 12:56:31 AM, FREEDO wrote:
You forgot the part where you drink Jesus' blood.

And have sex covered in blood
get aids
then die an early death due to your stupidity
never reproduce
and further natural selection

oh wait noe that's rogue and satanism

LOL
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 1:15:24 AM
I went to this place called a Church last Sunday .....

And I don't think you guys should Judge me just cause I'm different.

I do not have anything against you jarjar, but as a non-denominational Christian, I am frothing at the mention of any "Church"
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 5:34:48 AM
That is terrible, you must have no morals. You should also get a blood test.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 6:18:35 AM

Marvelous!
The Cross.. the Cross.
Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 4:46:11 PM

Hahaha! I love it!
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 4:53:02 PM
Don't you guys realize he's making a point about false Christians like GodSands does? He's parodying those who call themselves Christian just because they go to church.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 4:54:49 PM
At 3/9/2011 4:53:02 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Don't you guys realize he's making a point about false Christians like GodSands does? He's parodying those who call themselves Christian just because they go to church.

that, and he's making fun of rogue's "i think i'm a satanist?" topic.
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 4:54:56 PM

Or a parody of Rogue. But I don't think he's that smart.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2011 6:36:53 PM
At 3/9/2011 4:54:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Nope nope definitely of me. But I don't think it's very witty and kinda immature so whatever. He didn't get the point of the forum so yeah. If I was looking for acceptance and to get ppl not to judge me I wouldn't have posted it. I have friends in real life I don't need that here lol.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 1:44:44 AM
At 3/9/2011 6:36:53 PM, rogue wrote:
At 3/9/2011 4:54:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Nope nope definitely of me. But I don't think it's very witty and kinda immature so whatever. He didn't get the point of the forum so yeah. If I was looking for acceptance and to get ppl not to judge me I wouldn't have posted it. I have friends in real life I don't need that here lol.

I don't.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
jmar8542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 2:44:27 AM
At 3/9/2011 6:36:53 PM, rogue wrote:

If it means anything, I think it's stranger for a Satanist to feel weird or out of place than a Christian. :\

Pride ftw lol

I do wonder though why fundie Christians always feel "persecuted" when they get the same sh!t they dish out to everyone else.
"Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can fvck off." - Richard Dawkins
Jarjar3000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 12:21:02 PM
Hey I hope you guys didn't take this post tooo seriously as I was poking fun at a certain person, but hopefully she has a sense o humor :D
Ohh Lord How you love me, you change my heart and soul, renewing my mind into something I could never imagine, You make me strong when I am weak, you encourage me when I'm despaired, You stick by me when everyone deserts me, You are my Lord You are my God.

Charles: I'm not a Christian because I'm afraid of hell, I'm a Christian because I love Jesus.

Geolaureate: The Pope
He looks like a Sith lord, I don't trust him.

Charles0103: Just like my God, my faith won't change.
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 12:55:06 PM
This thread: 12/10
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
THE_OPINIONATOR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 5:36:35 PM
"I went to this place called a Church last Sunday and we sang songs and Praises to God aka Jesus and worshiped Him and then after that a Man came out and started telling us things from a Bible about God and how we should live. It was really amazing, and the best part was we all went to lunch after it was great. So I think I am a Christian now. And I don't think you guys should Judge me just cause I'm different."

Yes that is great that you are going to church, but do you know anything about the faith? Have you ever read the bible? Are you going to get saved?
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 5:41:22 PM
At 3/10/2011 5:36:35 PM, THE_OPINIONATOR wrote:
"I went to this place called a Church last Sunday and we sang songs and Praises to God aka Jesus and worshiped Him and then after that a Man came out and started telling us things from a Bible about God and how we should live. It was really amazing, and the best part was we all went to lunch after it was great. So I think I am a Christian now. And I don't think you guys should Judge me just cause I'm different."

Yes that is great that you are going to church, but do you know anything about the faith? Have you ever read the bible? Are you going to get saved?

He is joking.
kfc
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 5:49:37 PM
At 3/10/2011 5:47:00 PM, THE_OPINIONATOR wrote:
Well then way to be an insensitive idiotic jerk about it!!

It is actually quite funny. It's based off of this: http://www.debate.org...
kfc
jmar8542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 7:08:03 PM
At 3/10/2011 6:58:11 PM, Gileandos wrote:
Beautiful.
The converse wholesomeness is quite appealing compared to the... description from rogue.

I personally would've had much more fun with Rogue's experience. lol
"Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can fvck off." - Richard Dawkins