Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

Atheists, dont believe in God because.......

Hunter695
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 5:56:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2011 9:47:16 AM, interrogator wrote:
What's your reason. I mean, 'excuse' for not believing in The Almighty.

I have lots of reasons, like why would god let kids get raped, or kids see their parents get raped and murdered, or why would he let people die in horrifically painful ways?? Please tell me that. I think that IF god is real he either can't help people or he chooses not to. So the fact that terrible things happen everyday proves that either god isn't real or that he isn't all powerful or he is evil, so even if someone proved without a doubt that god was real i would rather cut off my right leg then worship him.
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 6:01:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2011 9:47:16 AM, interrogator wrote:
What's your reason. I mean, 'excuse' for not believing in The Almighty.

THEY don't exist.
THEY were and are created by men.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 6:44:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2011 9:47:16 AM, interrogator wrote:
What's your reason. I mean, 'excuse' for not believing in The Almighty.

Which one?

Your pet deity, or the countless that have fallen from enlightenment?

Very well, your pet deity, then.

What separates it from the other various deities that currently persist in a contemporary fashion?

The idea of the current deities as the seeming panacea of answers that don't satisfy, the ludicrous propositions that such an entity must have a face lift by reinterpretation of two thousand year old stories with every major scientific advancement, the fact that such a supreme being would care of us, with such bi polar and manic tendencies, the problem of evil, the problem of accident, and all this without one piece of significant tangible evidence that isn't laid claim to by various other religions both persistent and not.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 9:07:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2011 9:47:16 AM, interrogator wrote:
What's your reason. I mean, 'excuse' for not believing in The Almighty.

What's your excuse for not believing in Me, your invisible Creator?
miraculous
Posts: 139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:21:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2011 9:47:16 AM, interrogator wrote:
What's your reason. I mean, 'excuse' for not believing in The Almighty.
There's no "excuse". Information was simply supplied by science, and so it was simply accepted.
If I went back in time and murdered my grandmother, therefor preventing my existence, then who killed my grandmother?
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:25:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2011 9:47:16 AM, interrogator wrote:
What's your reason. I mean, 'excuse' for not believing in The Almighty.

My reasons have nothing to do with "The Almighty" whatever you have decided that is.

All claims for religions come from the minds of theists. They will tell us their claims are divinely inspired, that their particular god "revealed" the truth to them. Of course, there are now hundreds if not thousands of various truths to distinguish, yet not one single god has ever shown himself.

So, for me, it's not really a matter of not believing in those gods, specifically, but instead, it's all a matter of accepting the claims of theists. And, that is exactly what every discussion here is all about.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Tinman46
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:51:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I find it interesting when atheist don't believe in God because God allowed something bad to happen. This makes them angry. They are angry at Someone they claim doesn't exist.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 10:58:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/23/2014 10:51:59 AM, Tinman46 wrote:
I find it interesting when atheist don't believe in God because God allowed something bad to happen. This makes them angry. They are angry at Someone they claim doesn't exist.

Actually, that is exactly how adults explain things to small children, they must talk at their level of understanding. So, when a child introduces an invisible friend, the adult plays along as if the friend were real in order not to upset the child into thinking their invisible friend is just made up, which the child eventually understands when they grow up.

The same applies here, atheists are simply talking at the level of theists with invisible friends, pretending they exist as well, in order not to upset the theist.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Tinman46
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 11:11:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/23/2014 10:58:34 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/23/2014 10:51:59 AM, Tinman46 wrote:
I find it interesting when atheist don't believe in God because God allowed something bad to happen. This makes them angry. They are angry at Someone they claim doesn't exist.

Actually, that is exactly how adults explain things to small children, they must talk at their level of understanding. So, when a child introduces an invisible friend, the adult plays along as if the friend were real in order not to upset the child into thinking their invisible friend is just made up, which the child eventually understands when they grow up.

The same applies here, atheists are simply talking at the level of theists with invisible friends, pretending they exist as well, in order not to upset the theist.

Awwe I see what you did there. Implying I have the mind of a child and you are superior because you know better. The whole adult speaking to a child thing kind of gave it away.... Yes read some sarcasm into it.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 11:33:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/23/2014 11:11:39 AM, Tinman46 wrote:
At 11/23/2014 10:58:34 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 11/23/2014 10:51:59 AM, Tinman46 wrote:
I find it interesting when atheist don't believe in God because God allowed something bad to happen. This makes them angry. They are angry at Someone they claim doesn't exist.

Actually, that is exactly how adults explain things to small children, they must talk at their level of understanding. So, when a child introduces an invisible friend, the adult plays along as if the friend were real in order not to upset the child into thinking their invisible friend is just made up, which the child eventually understands when they grow up.

The same applies here, atheists are simply talking at the level of theists with invisible friends, pretending they exist as well, in order not to upset the theist.

Awwe I see what you did there. Implying I have the mind of a child and you are superior because you know better. The whole adult speaking to a child thing kind of gave it away.... Yes read some sarcasm into it.

Whether you read into something you believe was there or not, my explanation still stands as to why you mistakenly believe atheists are angry at God.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 2:48:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2011 9:47:16 AM, interrogator wrote:
What's your reason. I mean, 'excuse' for not believing in The Almighty.

This three years old? o_O

Logically, I need no excuse.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Cryo
Posts: 202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 3:17:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2011 9:47:16 AM, interrogator wrote:
What's your reason. I mean, 'excuse' for not believing in The Almighty.

My reason is the lack of evidence. Speaking of an "excuse", I had one when I did believe, and that excuse is called faith.
Debate_me
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 4:22:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2011 9:47:16 AM, interrogator wrote:
What's your reason. I mean, 'excuse' for not believing in The Almighty.
No excuse whatsoever, it's just whether you find it true or not.
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 1:55:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/9/2011 9:47:16 AM, interrogator wrote:
What's your reason. I mean, 'excuse' for not believing in The Almighty.

My reason is the lack of a reason to believe in a god, hence what reasons, evidence, or conclusion can I formulate to deem a belief in a god logical?
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 1:57:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Why could we not leave a three year old thread alone?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 2:00:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/24/2014 1:57:32 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Why could we not leave a three year old thread alone?

There's literally a days old thread with the same subject...
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King