Total Posts:41|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Christians believe in god, magic because.....

socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2011 1:43:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What's your reason. I mean, 'excuse' for believing in god, magic, and Jewish zombies.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 4:33:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/10/2011 1:43:30 PM, socialpinko wrote:
What's your reason. I mean, 'excuse' for believing in god, magic, and Jewish zombies.

Personal revelation; the gift of faith.. We are not talking about relation to ideas or to a book or doctrine BUT a relationship with a PERSON..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 4:37:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/11/2011 4:33:33 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/10/2011 1:43:30 PM, socialpinko wrote:
What's your reason. I mean, 'excuse' for believing in god, magic, and Jewish zombies.

Personal revelation; the gift of faith.. We are not talking about relation to ideas or to a book or doctrine BUT a relationship with a PERSON..

How do you have a relationship with a sky king/Jewish zombie?
I miss the old members.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 4:40:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/11/2011 4:37:46 AM, Atheism wrote:
At 3/11/2011 4:33:33 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/10/2011 1:43:30 PM, socialpinko wrote:
What's your reason. I mean, 'excuse' for believing in god, magic, and Jewish zombies.

Personal revelation; the gift of faith.. We are not talking about relation to ideas or to a book or doctrine BUT a relationship with a PERSON..

How do you have a relationship with a sky king/Jewish zombie?

He initiated the relationship by speaking to me.. Now the bulk of our relationship is me obeying His commands and trying to emulate Him; to grow in love and overcome my resentment etc..
The Cross.. the Cross.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 5:03:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/11/2011 4:40:56 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/11/2011 4:37:46 AM, Atheism wrote:
At 3/11/2011 4:33:33 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/10/2011 1:43:30 PM, socialpinko wrote:
What's your reason. I mean, 'excuse' for believing in god, magic, and Jewish zombies.

Personal revelation; the gift of faith.. We are not talking about relation to ideas or to a book or doctrine BUT a relationship with a PERSON..

How do you have a relationship with a sky king/Jewish zombie?

He initiated the relationship by speaking to me.. Now the bulk of our relationship is me obeying His commands and trying to emulate Him; to grow in love and overcome my resentment etc..

How do you know that Satan isn't the one speaking to you and using tricks to deceive you into sin?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 5:06:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/11/2011 5:03:14 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 3/11/2011 4:40:56 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/11/2011 4:37:46 AM, Atheism wrote:
At 3/11/2011 4:33:33 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/10/2011 1:43:30 PM, socialpinko wrote:
What's your reason. I mean, 'excuse' for believing in god, magic, and Jewish zombies.

Personal revelation; the gift of faith.. We are not talking about relation to ideas or to a book or doctrine BUT a relationship with a PERSON..

How do you have a relationship with a sky king/Jewish zombie?

He initiated the relationship by speaking to me.. Now the bulk of our relationship is me obeying His commands and trying to emulate Him; to grow in love and overcome my resentment etc..

How do you know that Satan isn't the one speaking to you and using tricks to deceive you into sin?

Good question;

John 10:4
When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
The Cross.. the Cross.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 5:07:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/11/2011 5:06:01 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
John 10:4
When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.


http://informedfarmers.com...
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
jmar8542
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 5:08:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/11/2011 4:40:56 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/11/2011 4:37:46 AM, Atheism wrote:
At 3/11/2011 4:33:33 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/10/2011 1:43:30 PM, socialpinko wrote:
What's your reason. I mean, 'excuse' for believing in god, magic, and Jewish zombies.

Personal revelation; the gift of faith.. We are not talking about relation to ideas or to a book or doctrine BUT a relationship with a PERSON..

How do you have a relationship with a sky king/Jewish zombie?

He initiated the relationship by speaking to me.. Now the bulk of our relationship is me obeying His commands and trying to emulate Him; to grow in love and overcome my resentment etc..

That's called schizophrenia.
"Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can fvck off." - Richard Dawkins
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 5:09:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/11/2011 5:07:16 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 3/11/2011 5:06:01 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
John 10:4
When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.


http://informedfarmers.com...

What an HONOUR to be mocked in His Name!
The Cross.. the Cross.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 5:16:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/11/2011 5:09:10 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/11/2011 5:07:16 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 3/11/2011 5:06:01 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
John 10:4
When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.


http://informedfarmers.com...

What an HONOUR to be mocked in His Name!

I am mocking you, mainly because I find the metaphor of being a sheep following a shepard abhorent. I am a bad sheep: http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk...
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 8:05:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/11/2011 5:16:49 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 3/11/2011 5:09:10 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/11/2011 5:07:16 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 3/11/2011 5:06:01 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
John 10:4
When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.


http://informedfarmers.com...

What an HONOUR to be mocked in His Name!

I am mocking you, mainly because I find the metaphor of being a sheep following a shepard abhorent. I am a bad sheep: http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk...

I know, and it IS an honour!

EVERYONE follows someone! (unless you are the ONLY human EVER to be born with a fully formed philosophy of course!)
The Cross.. the Cross.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 8:23:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 8:05:25 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/11/2011 5:16:49 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 3/11/2011 5:09:10 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/11/2011 5:07:16 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 3/11/2011 5:06:01 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
John 10:4
When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.


http://informedfarmers.com...

What an HONOUR to be mocked in His Name!

I am mocking you, mainly because I find the metaphor of being a sheep following a shepard abhorent. I am a bad sheep: http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk...

I know, and it IS an honour!

EVERYONE follows someone! (unless you are the ONLY human EVER to be born with a fully formed philosophy of course!)

Dude
Actin
The
Chimp
Master
Of
The
Obvious
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 8:26:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 8:23:28 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/12/2011 8:05:25 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/11/2011 5:16:49 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 3/11/2011 5:09:10 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/11/2011 5:07:16 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 3/11/2011 5:06:01 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
John 10:4
When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.


http://informedfarmers.com...

What an HONOUR to be mocked in His Name!

I am mocking you, mainly because I find the metaphor of being a sheep following a shepard abhorent. I am a bad sheep: http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk...

I know, and it IS an honour!

EVERYONE follows someone! (unless you are the ONLY human EVER to be born with a fully formed philosophy of course!)

Dude
Actin
The
Chimp
Master
Of
The
Obvious
The Cross.. the Cross.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 9:18:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 8:23:28 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/12/2011 8:05:25 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/11/2011 5:16:49 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 3/11/2011 5:09:10 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/11/2011 5:07:16 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 3/11/2011 5:06:01 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
John 10:4
When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.


http://informedfarmers.com...

What an HONOUR to be mocked in His Name!

I am mocking you, mainly because I find the metaphor of being a sheep following a shepard abhorent. I am a bad sheep: http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk...

I know, and it IS an honour!

EVERYONE follows someone! (unless you are the ONLY human EVER to be born with a fully formed philosophy of course!)

Dude
Actin
The
Chimp
Master
Of
The
Obvious

This is original and funny. Win.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 5:34:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 9:18:49 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 3/12/2011 8:23:28 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/12/2011 8:05:25 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/11/2011 5:16:49 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 3/11/2011 5:09:10 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/11/2011 5:07:16 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 3/11/2011 5:06:01 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
John 10:4
When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.


http://informedfarmers.com...

What an HONOUR to be mocked in His Name!

I am mocking you, mainly because I find the metaphor of being a sheep following a shepard abhorent. I am a bad sheep: http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk...

I know, and it IS an honour!

EVERYONE follows someone! (unless you are the ONLY human EVER to be born with a fully formed philosophy of course!)

Dude
Actin
The
Chimp
Master
Of
The
Obvious

This is original and funny. Win.

No, THIS was!

From DEAD parrots to:

John 3:3
Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again. "
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 6:06:36 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/11/2011 4:40:56 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/11/2011 4:37:46 AM, Atheism wrote:
At 3/11/2011 4:33:33 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/10/2011 1:43:30 PM, socialpinko wrote:
What's your reason. I mean, 'excuse' for believing in god, magic, and Jewish zombies.

Personal revelation; the gift of faith.. We are not talking about relation to ideas or to a book or doctrine BUT a relationship with a PERSON..

How do you have a relationship with a sky king/Jewish zombie?

He initiated the relationship by speaking to me.. Now the bulk of our relationship is me obeying His commands and trying to emulate Him; to grow in love and overcome my resentment etc..

Where does that leave the people who he decides not to talk to.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 6:09:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 6:06:36 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 3/11/2011 4:40:56 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/11/2011 4:37:46 AM, Atheism wrote:
At 3/11/2011 4:33:33 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/10/2011 1:43:30 PM, socialpinko wrote:
What's your reason. I mean, 'excuse' for believing in god, magic, and Jewish zombies.

Personal revelation; the gift of faith.. We are not talking about relation to ideas or to a book or doctrine BUT a relationship with a PERSON..

How do you have a relationship with a sky king/Jewish zombie?

He initiated the relationship by speaking to me.. Now the bulk of our relationship is me obeying His commands and trying to emulate Him; to grow in love and overcome my resentment etc..

Where does that leave the people who he decides not to talk to.

MERCY is the 'currency of the Kingdom' and so I (who have an abundance) must spend it on you guys.. also, START doing the right thing.. He hasn't spoken to you YET!
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 6:10:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 6:09:08 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/14/2011 6:06:36 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 3/11/2011 4:40:56 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/11/2011 4:37:46 AM, Atheism wrote:
At 3/11/2011 4:33:33 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/10/2011 1:43:30 PM, socialpinko wrote:
What's your reason. I mean, 'excuse' for believing in god, magic, and Jewish zombies.

Personal revelation; the gift of faith.. We are not talking about relation to ideas or to a book or doctrine BUT a relationship with a PERSON..

How do you have a relationship with a sky king/Jewish zombie?

He initiated the relationship by speaking to me.. Now the bulk of our relationship is me obeying His commands and trying to emulate Him; to grow in love and overcome my resentment etc..

Where does that leave the people who he decides not to talk to.

MERCY is the 'currency of the Kingdom' and so I (who have an abundance) must spend it on you guys.. also, START doing the right thing.. He hasn't spoken to you YET!

What are you trying to say?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
resolutionsmasher
Posts: 579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 5:26:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 6:09:08 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
He hasn't spoken to you YET!

CALVANIST!!! God's Word was given to all freely. If someone hasn't recieved it yet, that is the fault of those who are supposed to take it to the lost. God paid the sin debt for ALL! The only thing a person must do to go to heaven is simply accept the gift that God is holding out to you. Nothing else. Don't label God as a procrastinator!
In the relationship between Obama and the rest of the U.S..... I think the U.S. is getting the short end of the hockey stick.
resolutionsmasher
Posts: 579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 5:30:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 5:34:04 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
John 3:3
Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again. "


John 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

GET IT RIGHT!!!
In the relationship between Obama and the rest of the U.S..... I think the U.S. is getting the short end of the hockey stick.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 5:39:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have to peep in here but..

Seriously, it's a translational difference. It means the exact same fvcking thing.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
resolutionsmasher
Posts: 579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 6:28:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/15/2011 5:39:20 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I have to peep in here but..

Seriously, it's a translational difference. It means the exact same fvcking thing.

Maybe in this verse, but in many cases you can see where translations other than the Old KJV differ in ways that are destructive to key church doctrines
In the relationship between Obama and the rest of the U.S..... I think the U.S. is getting the short end of the hockey stick.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 7:03:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/15/2011 6:28:26 PM, resolutionsmasher wrote:
At 3/15/2011 5:39:20 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I have to peep in here but..

Seriously, it's a translational difference. It means the exact same fvcking thing.

Maybe in this verse, but in many cases you can see where translations other than the Old KJV differ in ways that are destructive to key church doctrines

Yeah, key Church of England doctrines.

You should make a topic about this.

Or if you won't, I will.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 7:06:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/15/2011 7:03:03 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 3/15/2011 6:28:26 PM, resolutionsmasher wrote:
At 3/15/2011 5:39:20 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I have to peep in here but..

Seriously, it's a translational difference. It means the exact same fvcking thing.

Maybe in this verse, but in many cases you can see where translations other than the Old KJV differ in ways that are destructive to key church doctrines

Yeah, key Church of England doctrines.

You should make a topic about this.

Or if you won't, I will.

I could never understand scripture absolutists.
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 8:24:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/11/2011 5:06:01 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

John 10:4
When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.


How does this let you know it is God speaking to you? You know his voice because in the Bible it says you will? Don't you think the Devil is aware of what is written in the Bible? Could he not have in fact wrote the Bible, could he not in fact have pretended to be Jesus all to lead people away from the true God who desires not worship nor adoration but critical thinking and independence?
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 10:52:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/10/2011 1:43:30 PM, socialpinko wrote:
What's your reason. I mean, 'excuse' for believing in god, magic, and Jewish zombies.

Another one minded teenage atheist. There is no excuse, that is applied to your side (Romans 1:20). You are the ones with all the excuses, your whole atheistic world view is derived from secular ideas and concepts and half of those you probably don't understand or don't know.

"Oh, there is no God, there is no evidence, if God did exist there would be evidence." Empirical evidence aren't applied to God nor is empirical evidence given to there being no God. Rather through reason and understanding one comes to believe in a god or disown his belief in a god. So the evidence for both circumstances is the translation or interpretation of empirical data applied to ones set ideas or concepts on how the universe seems to be.

Speaking of this Jewish zombie, you are completely off the money on that one friend. Jewish, yes, zombie, no. Jesus could walk through walls, and disappear in a blink of an eye, yet you aren't calling Him a ghost, even still He Himself referred to Himself not being a ghost due to His physical qualities. So what, is Jesus Christ a ghost zombie or zombie ghost? The answer is neither. So what, when one clinically dies in hospital, and then they are brought back through resuscitation, are they technically a zombie?...NO! Didn't think so!
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 11:05:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/15/2011 10:52:35 PM, GodSands wrote:

Another one minded teenage atheist. There is no excuse, that is applied to your side (Romans 1:20). You are the ones with all the excuses, your whole atheistic world view is derived from secular ideas and concepts and half of those you probably don't understand or don't know.


Don't understand or don't know what? I'm not excusing anything. I merely am curious as to the reasoning behind the followers of Christ.

"Oh, there is no God, there is no evidence, if God did exist there would be evidence." Empirical evidence aren't applied to God nor is empirical evidence given to there being no God. Rather through reason and understanding one comes to believe in a god or disown his belief in a god. So the evidence for both circumstances is the translation or interpretation of empirical data applied to ones set ideas or concepts on how the universe seems to be.


Of course empirical evidence can be applied to god. Take the many claims Christianity makes. Let me use praying as an example. Why not do a study on the effectiveness of praying. If people who pray get what they want more then that might be evidence for a god and if the results are the same across the board then it's evidence against.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 11:32:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Of course empirical evidence can be applied to god. Take the many claims Christianity makes. Let me use praying as an example. Why not do a study on the effectiveness of praying. If people who pray get what they want more then that might be evidence for a god and if the results are the same across the board then it's evidence against.

Prayer isn't subject to experiment but to faith. And besides, God doesn't hear the prayers of the sinner, the person outside of Jesus Christ's inheritance. Also all the good that happens to anyone is from God. Is because of God, and is for God.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 11:33:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
: At 3/15/2011 11:32:32 PM, GodSands wrote:
Of course empirical evidence can be applied to god. Take the many claims Christianity makes. Let me use praying as an example. Why not do a study on the effectiveness of praying. If people who pray get what they want more then that might be evidence for a god and if the results are the same across the board then it's evidence against.

Prayer isn't subject to experiment but to faith. And besides, God doesn't hear the prayers of the sinner, the person outside of Jesus Christ's inheritance. Also all the good that happens to anyone is from God. Is because of God, and is for God.

Fixed!
tigg13
Posts: 302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 11:43:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/15/2011 11:33:13 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 3/15/2011 11:32:32 PM, GodSands wrote:
Of course empirical evidence can be applied to god. Take the many claims Christianity makes. Let me use praying as an example. Why not do a study on the effectiveness of praying. If people who pray get what they want more then that might be evidence for a god and if the results are the same across the board then it's evidence against.

Prayer isn't subject to experiment but to faith. And besides, God doesn't hear the prayers of the sinner, the person outside of Jesus Christ's inheritance. Also all the good that happens to anyone is from God. Is because of God, and is for God.

Fixed!

If God doesn't hear the prayers of the sinner and we are all sinners then God must not hear anyone's prayers, right?

Does God hear your prayers? If you say yes then you are claiming that you are without sin. If you say no then you admit to having no relationship with God.