Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Army.

GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 5:40:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have signed up to join the TA (territorial army), by which I hope to proceed to join the regular army by next year. I want to become a fire fighter afterwards that however. I believe that I am a Christian (although I struggle a lot with sin). What are your views on Christianity and warfare?
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 6:39:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 5:40:03 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have signed up to join the TA (territorial army), by which I hope to proceed to join the regular army by next year. I want to become a fire fighter afterwards that however. I believe that I am a Christian (although I struggle a lot with sin). What are your views on Christianity and warfare?

my view on christianity is that it's stupid. warfare could be fun.
signature
Charles0103
Posts: 523
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 8:39:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 5:40:03 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have signed up to join the TA (territorial army), by which I hope to proceed to join the regular army by next year. I want to become a fire fighter afterwards that however. I believe that I am a Christian (although I struggle a lot with sin). What are your views on Christianity and warfare?

Hmm... that's a tough one. I'd kinda consider myself a pacifist kinda guy and that we shouldn't be too big on the military or going to war and stuff. Personally, I'd never join the military, but I think it's ok for the Christians that do as long as you're fighting for a good cause.
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 8:42:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 5:40:03 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have signed up to join the TA (territorial army), by which I hope to proceed to join the regular army by next year. I want to become a fire fighter afterwards that however. I believe that I am a Christian (although I struggle a lot with sin). What are your views on Christianity and warfare?

That's between you and the Lord..

ALSO; do NOT concentrate on you and your failings; concentrate on HIM and His GOODNESS and GRACE! then YOU'LL improve:

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
The Cross.. the Cross.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 9:14:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 8:42:33 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/12/2011 5:40:03 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have signed up to join the TA (territorial army), by which I hope to proceed to join the regular army by next year. I want to become a fire fighter afterwards that however. I believe that I am a Christian (although I struggle a lot with sin). What are your views on Christianity and warfare?

That's between you and the Lord..

ALSO; do NOT concentrate on you and your failings; concentrate on HIM and His GOODNESS and GRACE! then YOU'LL improve:

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.


Yes, thank you DATC. And thanks for the other comments so far guys.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 9:14:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 5:40:03 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have signed up to join the TA (territorial army), by which I hope to proceed to join the regular army by next year. I want to become a fire fighter afterwards that however. I believe that I am a Christian (although I struggle a lot with sin). What are your views on Christianity and warfare?

They go hand in hand.
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 10:03:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 5:40:03 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have signed up to join the TA (territorial army), by which I hope to proceed to join the regular army by next year. I want to become a fire fighter afterwards that however. I believe that I am a Christian (although I struggle a lot with sin). What are your views on Christianity and warfare?

Obviously, given the OT, God has no problem at all with killing, raping, and pillaging, so carry on!
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 10:54:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 10:03:42 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 3/12/2011 5:40:03 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have signed up to join the TA (territorial army), by which I hope to proceed to join the regular army by next year. I want to become a fire fighter afterwards that however. I believe that I am a Christian (although I struggle a lot with sin). What are your views on Christianity and warfare?

Obviously, given the OT, God has no problem at all with killing, raping, and pillaging, so carry on!

I would disagree. There are reasons why those things happened in the Old Testament. Some were of those things were done out of mans sin, and some of those things were done based on disobedience.
Jarjar3000
Posts: 273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 11:43:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
David, Joshua, Gideon, were all warriors, murder is a sin, not killing, your good man go protect freedom.
Ohh Lord How you love me, you change my heart and soul, renewing my mind into something I could never imagine, You make me strong when I am weak, you encourage me when I'm despaired, You stick by me when everyone deserts me, You are my Lord You are my God.

Charles: I'm not a Christian because I'm afraid of hell, I'm a Christian because I love Jesus.

Geolaureate: The Pope
He looks like a Sith lord, I don't trust him.

Charles0103: Just like my God, my faith won't change.
Floid
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 12:37:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 5:40:03 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have signed up to join the TA (territorial army), by which I hope to proceed to join the regular army by next year. I want to become a fire fighter afterwards that however. I believe that I am a Christian (although I struggle a lot with sin). What are your views on Christianity and warfare?

The teachings of Jesus and warfare are at complete odds with each other.

However, Christianity and warfare seem to have walked hand in hand through history.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 12:51:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 5:40:03 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have signed up to join the TA (territorial army), by which I hope to proceed to join the regular army by next year. I want to become a fire fighter afterwards that however. I believe that I am a Christian (although I struggle a lot with sin). What are your views on Christianity and warfare?

You are not a Christian.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 1:26:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 12:51:50 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 3/12/2011 5:40:03 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have signed up to join the TA (territorial army), by which I hope to proceed to join the regular army by next year. I want to become a fire fighter afterwards that however. I believe that I am a Christian (although I struggle a lot with sin). What are your views on Christianity and warfare?

You are not a Christian.

Yeah right?!?! I just saw DAT say it's between Godsands and God. They have no problem saying who is going to hell and who is not, who is a Christian and who is not, but.....when it's between them in their little club, well - 'that my son is between you and God'. When i say it's between me and God, they ignore that and just keep saying I'm going to hell.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 5:00:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Obviously, given the OT, God has no problem at all with killing, raping, and pillaging, so carry on!

I would disagree. There are reasons why those things happened in the Old Testament. Some were of those things were done out of mans sin, and some of those things were done based on disobedience.:

So God needs people to do his dirty work by ordering them to rape the women of a village, slay the men, and smash babies to death on rocks.

I really find it amazing how far some people are willing to go in order to protect God and their worldview.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 6:10:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 10:54:40 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 3/12/2011 10:03:42 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 3/12/2011 5:40:03 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have signed up to join the TA (territorial army), by which I hope to proceed to join the regular army by next year. I want to become a fire fighter afterwards that however. I believe that I am a Christian (although I struggle a lot with sin). What are your views on Christianity and warfare?

Obviously, given the OT, God has no problem at all with killing, raping, and pillaging, so carry on!

I would disagree. There are reasons why those things happened in the Old Testament. Some were of those things were done out of mans sin, and some of those things were done based on disobedience.

OOOOHHH! That makes so much more sense now. It's OK to commit wanton murder, rape, and pillage a town so long as they were disobedient... God is so good to order those disobedient people slaughtered! By all means, carry on!
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 1:39:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 1:26:38 PM, innomen wrote:
At 3/12/2011 12:51:50 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 3/12/2011 5:40:03 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have signed up to join the TA (territorial army), by which I hope to proceed to join the regular army by next year. I want to become a fire fighter afterwards that however. I believe that I am a Christian (although I struggle a lot with sin). What are your views on Christianity and warfare?

You are not a Christian.

Yeah right?!?! I just saw DAT say it's between Godsands and God. They have no problem saying who is going to hell and who is not, who is a Christian and who is not, but.....when it's between them in their little club, well - 'that my son is between you and God'. When i say it's between me and God, they ignore that and just keep saying I'm going to hell.

I don't understand how you reconcile your sexuality with the bible, but then I don't understand how Christians can eat pork or get tatoos. There is at least a weak argument to justify all such things. But for a Christian, especially one as devout as Godsands claims to be (he has referred to himself as a transformed entity) to join the army, in direct violation of every mudda fudding thing that Jesus ever said... seriously?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 5:33:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 6:10:54 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 3/12/2011 10:54:40 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 3/12/2011 10:03:42 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 3/12/2011 5:40:03 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have signed up to join the TA (territorial army), by which I hope to proceed to join the regular army by next year. I want to become a fire fighter afterwards that however. I believe that I am a Christian (although I struggle a lot with sin). What are your views on Christianity and warfare?

Obviously, given the OT, God has no problem at all with killing, raping, and pillaging, so carry on!

I would disagree. There are reasons why those things happened in the Old Testament. Some were of those things were done out of mans sin, and some of those things were done based on disobedience.

OOOOHHH! That makes so much more sense now. It's OK to commit wanton murder, rape, and pillage a town so long as they were disobedient... God is so good to order those disobedient people slaughtered! By all means, carry on!

You carry on! You say the same things and you never ever inflict any self charisma to go and find out from a Christian point of view why your questions 'seem' to go un answered. There are answers for your questions, you just need to go look.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 5:39:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/13/2011 1:39:22 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 3/12/2011 1:26:38 PM, innomen wrote:
At 3/12/2011 12:51:50 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 3/12/2011 5:40:03 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have signed up to join the TA (territorial army), by which I hope to proceed to join the regular army by next year. I want to become a fire fighter afterwards that however. I believe that I am a Christian (although I struggle a lot with sin). What are your views on Christianity and warfare?

You are not a Christian.

Yeah right?!?! I just saw DAT say it's between Godsands and God. They have no problem saying who is going to hell and who is not, who is a Christian and who is not, but.....when it's between them in their little club, well - 'that my son is between you and God'. When i say it's between me and God, they ignore that and just keep saying I'm going to hell.

I don't understand how you reconcile your sexuality with the bible, but then I don't understand how Christians can eat pork or get tatoos. There is at least a weak argument to justify all such things. But for a Christian, especially one as devout as Godsands claims to be (he has referred to himself as a transformed entity) to join the army, in direct violation of every mudda fudding thing that Jesus ever said... seriously?

Christ never said a "mudda fudding thing" about homosexuality. I am who i am, and that's between me and Christ. OT - homosexuality is an abomination, so is eating shrimp; so i am twice doomed. Oh and i know the dream that Peter had about eating stuff. That word abomination must lose something in translation for it to be so flexible.

I'd like to know from Godsands where in the bible does it say go forth and tell people they're going to hell. I really don't think Christ had that in mind for you.

I'd really like to see
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 5:58:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/13/2011 5:39:46 AM, innomen wrote:
At 3/13/2011 1:39:22 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 3/12/2011 1:26:38 PM, innomen wrote:
At 3/12/2011 12:51:50 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 3/12/2011 5:40:03 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have signed up to join the TA (territorial army), by which I hope to proceed to join the regular army by next year. I want to become a fire fighter afterwards that however. I believe that I am a Christian (although I struggle a lot with sin). What are your views on Christianity and warfare?

You are not a Christian.

Yeah right?!?! I just saw DAT say it's between Godsands and God. They have no problem saying who is going to hell and who is not, who is a Christian and who is not, but.....when it's between them in their little club, well - 'that my son is between you and God'. When i say it's between me and God, they ignore that and just keep saying I'm going to hell.

I don't understand how you reconcile your sexuality with the bible, but then I don't understand how Christians can eat pork or get tattoos. There is at least a weak argument to justify all such things. But for a Christian, especially one as devout as Godsands claims to be (he has referred to himself as a transformed entity) to join the army, in direct violation of every mudda fudding thing that Jesus ever said... seriously?

Christ never said a "mudda fudding thing" about homosexuality. I am who i am, and that's between me and Christ. OT - homosexuality is an abomination, so is eating shrimp; so i am twice doomed. Oh and i know the dream that Peter had about eating stuff. That word abomination must lose something in translation for it to be so flexible.

I'd like to know from Godsands where in the bible does it say go forth and tell people they're going to hell. I really don't think Christ had that in mind for you.

I'd really like to see

Arrrrr (just bear with me, been up all night) so what, homosexuality and the New Testament, oh yeah sorry, 1 Corinthians 6:9. Sorry for the delay.

Jesus Christ didn't mention Child abuse once, I suppose that isn't a sin then? What else, ummm torture, drug abuse, pornography and like a few others, Jesus Christ didn't mention any of those things, oh but wait they aren't mentioned in the New Testament so they are sinful actions.

Here is a link in which I got ideal text from - http://bible-truths.com... - It's relatively long, so I would recommend reading it in sections.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 6:21:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/13/2011 5:58:17 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 3/13/2011 5:39:46 AM, innomen wrote:
At 3/13/2011 1:39:22 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 3/12/2011 1:26:38 PM, innomen wrote:
At 3/12/2011 12:51:50 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 3/12/2011 5:40:03 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have signed up to join the TA (territorial army), by which I hope to proceed to join the regular army by next year. I want to become a fire fighter afterwards that however. I believe that I am a Christian (although I struggle a lot with sin). What are your views on Christianity and warfare?

You are not a Christian.

Yeah right?!?! I just saw DAT say it's between Godsands and God. They have no problem saying who is going to hell and who is not, who is a Christian and who is not, but.....when it's between them in their little club, well - 'that my son is between you and God'. When i say it's between me and God, they ignore that and just keep saying I'm going to hell.

I don't understand how you reconcile your sexuality with the bible, but then I don't understand how Christians can eat pork or get tattoos. There is at least a weak argument to justify all such things. But for a Christian, especially one as devout as Godsands claims to be (he has referred to himself as a transformed entity) to join the army, in direct violation of every mudda fudding thing that Jesus ever said... seriously?

Christ never said a "mudda fudding thing" about homosexuality. I am who i am, and that's between me and Christ. OT - homosexuality is an abomination, so is eating shrimp; so i am twice doomed. Oh and i know the dream that Peter had about eating stuff. That word abomination must lose something in translation for it to be so flexible.

I'd like to know from Godsands where in the bible does it say go forth and tell people they're going to hell. I really don't think Christ had that in mind for you.

I'd really like to see

Arrrrr (just bear with me, been up all night) so what, homosexuality and the New Testament, oh yeah sorry, 1 Corinthians 6:9. Sorry for the delay.

Jesus Christ didn't mention Child abuse once, I suppose that isn't a sin then? What else, ummm torture, drug abuse, pornography and like a few others, Jesus Christ didn't mention any of those things, oh but wait they aren't mentioned in the New Testament so they are sinful actions.

Here is a link in which I got ideal text from - http://bible-truths.com... - It's relatively long, so I would recommend reading it in sections.

Just tell me what Christ said about homosexuality, and i'll be good.
I actually have to run to church, but don't worry, it's Catholic, they aren't real Christians either in your book. Oh, also i had that other assignment for you where you are ordered by Christ to tell people that they're going to hell. It is a major part of your religious practice, so i would like to see where Christ gave you that commandment.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 1:07:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/13/2011 5:39:46 AM, innomen wrote:
At 3/13/2011 1:39:22 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 3/12/2011 1:26:38 PM, innomen wrote:
At 3/12/2011 12:51:50 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 3/12/2011 5:40:03 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have signed up to join the TA (territorial army), by which I hope to proceed to join the regular army by next year. I want to become a fire fighter afterwards that however. I believe that I am a Christian (although I struggle a lot with sin). What are your views on Christianity and warfare?

You are not a Christian.

Yeah right?!?! I just saw DAT say it's between Godsands and God. They have no problem saying who is going to hell and who is not, who is a Christian and who is not, but.....when it's between them in their little club, well - 'that my son is between you and God'. When i say it's between me and God, they ignore that and just keep saying I'm going to hell.

I don't understand how you reconcile your sexuality with the bible, but then I don't understand how Christians can eat pork or get tatoos. There is at least a weak argument to justify all such things. But for a Christian, especially one as devout as Godsands claims to be (he has referred to himself as a transformed entity) to join the army, in direct violation of every mudda fudding thing that Jesus ever said... seriously?

Christ never said a "mudda fudding thing" about homosexuality. I am who i am, and that's between me and Christ. OT - homosexuality is an abomination, so is eating shrimp; so i am twice doomed. Oh and i know the dream that Peter had about eating stuff. That word abomination must lose something in translation for it to be so flexible.

That is what I am saying. Homosexuality, shrimp eating, pork, tatooing all prohibited in the OT. Violence specifically prohibited by Jesus.... yet Christians believe that they are free to join the army.


I'd like to know from Godsands where in the bible does it say go forth and tell people they're going to hell. I really don't think Christ had that in mind for you.

I'd really like to see

Jesus was a Jew, I don't believe he preached of hell.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 1:09:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/13/2011 5:58:17 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 3/13/2011 5:39:46 AM, innomen wrote:
At 3/13/2011 1:39:22 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 3/12/2011 1:26:38 PM, innomen wrote:
At 3/12/2011 12:51:50 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 3/12/2011 5:40:03 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have signed up to join the TA (territorial army), by which I hope to proceed to join the regular army by next year. I want to become a fire fighter afterwards that however. I believe that I am a Christian (although I struggle a lot with sin). What are your views on Christianity and warfare?

You are not a Christian.

Yeah right?!?! I just saw DAT say it's between Godsands and God. They have no problem saying who is going to hell and who is not, who is a Christian and who is not, but.....when it's between them in their little club, well - 'that my son is between you and God'. When i say it's between me and God, they ignore that and just keep saying I'm going to hell.

I don't understand how you reconcile your sexuality with the bible, but then I don't understand how Christians can eat pork or get tattoos. There is at least a weak argument to justify all such things. But for a Christian, especially one as devout as Godsands claims to be (he has referred to himself as a transformed entity) to join the army, in direct violation of every mudda fudding thing that Jesus ever said... seriously?

Christ never said a "mudda fudding thing" about homosexuality. I am who i am, and that's between me and Christ. OT - homosexuality is an abomination, so is eating shrimp; so i am twice doomed. Oh and i know the dream that Peter had about eating stuff. That word abomination must lose something in translation for it to be so flexible.

I'd like to know from Godsands where in the bible does it say go forth and tell people they're going to hell. I really don't think Christ had that in mind for you.

I'd really like to see

Arrrrr (just bear with me, been up all night) so what, homosexuality and the New Testament, oh yeah sorry, 1 Corinthians 6:9. Sorry for the delay.

Jesus Christ didn't mention Child abuse once, I suppose that isn't a sin then? What else, ummm torture, drug abuse, pornography and like a few others, Jesus Christ didn't mention any of those things, oh but wait they aren't mentioned in the New Testament so they are sinful actions.

Actually he did mention abuse, and pornography. As a devout Christian shouldn't you read the bible?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 1:48:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/13/2011 1:07:17 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 3/13/2011 5:39:46 AM, innomen wrote:
At 3/13/2011 1:39:22 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 3/12/2011 1:26:38 PM, innomen wrote:
At 3/12/2011 12:51:50 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 3/12/2011 5:40:03 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have signed up to join the TA (territorial army), by which I hope to proceed to join the regular army by next year. I want to become a fire fighter afterwards that however. I believe that I am a Christian (although I struggle a lot with sin). What are your views on Christianity and warfare?

You are not a Christian.

Yeah right?!?! I just saw DAT say it's between Godsands and God. They have no problem saying who is going to hell and who is not, who is a Christian and who is not, but.....when it's between them in their little club, well - 'that my son is between you and God'. When i say it's between me and God, they ignore that and just keep saying I'm going to hell.

I don't understand how you reconcile your sexuality with the bible, but then I don't understand how Christians can eat pork or get tatoos. There is at least a weak argument to justify all such things. But for a Christian, especially one as devout as Godsands claims to be (he has referred to himself as a transformed entity) to join the army, in direct violation of every mudda fudding thing that Jesus ever said... seriously?

Christ never said a "mudda fudding thing" about homosexuality. I am who i am, and that's between me and Christ. OT - homosexuality is an abomination, so is eating shrimp; so i am twice doomed. Oh and i know the dream that Peter had about eating stuff. That word abomination must lose something in translation for it to be so flexible.

That is what I am saying. Homosexuality, shrimp eating, pork, tatooing all prohibited in the OT. Violence specifically prohibited by Jesus.... yet Christians believe that they are free to join the army.


I'd like to know from Godsands where in the bible does it say go forth and tell people they're going to hell. I really don't think Christ had that in mind for you.

I'd really like to see

Jesus was a Jew, I don't believe he preached of hell.

When Christ spoke it was generally in accordance with spiritual principles. His teachings were all along the lines of those things we consider spiritually virtuous like compassion, charity, contrition etc. The OT was more like a manual of zoning by laws, not at all based on spiritual principles, but some for reasons i have no idea. Mixing milk and meat was a really huge deal in the OT, and by Jews today who observe. They have nothing to do with what Christ was talking about. OT - people who have flat noses cannot go to the alter of God? Come on really?

There is nothing in homosexuality that is spiritually wrong. Christ never said a word about it, but he did speak about violence against man. Interestingly enough Christ spoke strongly against divorce, and yet you have very high divorce rates among "Christians", indeed half their religion was founded on divorce.

Godsands should be offering the other cheek rather than taking up arms.
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 2:57:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 5:40:03 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have signed up to join the TA (territorial army), by which I hope to proceed to join the regular army by next year. I want to become a fire fighter afterwards that however. I believe that I am a Christian (although I struggle a lot with sin). What are your views on Christianity and warfare?

The teachings of Jesus; you know, the founding principals of Christianity, are all about love, compassion, fairness, social inclusion and non violence.

What absolutely, absolutely staggers me; is that the significant majority of Christians of the type found on this, and in fact most religion based message boards around their world focus their vitriol on hell, why evolution is the work of satan and how atheists are retarded.

Jesus was pretty darned clear on his position of violence, and war. He was infinitely more adamant about this than he was about homosexuality or the nature of how God created the world.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 3:00:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 5:40:03 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have signed up to join the TA (territorial army), by which I hope to proceed to join the regular army by next year. I want to become a fire fighter afterwards that however. I believe that I am a Christian (although I struggle a lot with sin). What are your views on Christianity and warfare?

I think they both are outdated concepts. In the twenty first century reason should be valued above faith and war should be rarely if ever used as a means to an end.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 4:32:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/13/2011 5:33:22 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 3/12/2011 6:10:54 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 3/12/2011 10:54:40 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 3/12/2011 10:03:42 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 3/12/2011 5:40:03 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have signed up to join the TA (territorial army), by which I hope to proceed to join the regular army by next year. I want to become a fire fighter afterwards that however. I believe that I am a Christian (although I struggle a lot with sin). What are your views on Christianity and warfare?

Obviously, given the OT, God has no problem at all with killing, raping, and pillaging, so carry on!

I would disagree. There are reasons why those things happened in the Old Testament. Some were of those things were done out of mans sin, and some of those things were done based on disobedience.

OOOOHHH! That makes so much more sense now. It's OK to commit wanton murder, rape, and pillage a town so long as they were disobedient... God is so good to order those disobedient people slaughtered! By all means, carry on!

You carry on! You say the same things and you never ever inflict any self charisma to go and find out from a Christian point of view why your questions 'seem' to go un answered. There are answers for your questions, you just need to go look.

Since I seem to have missed it, perhaps you would like to tell me where the justification is found in the Bible for commanding slavery, wanton murder, rape, and a whole host of other unsavory conducts??

IMO go join the army - the Bible says "do not murder" but clearly makes a distinction such that you can "murder" your own countrymen, but you apparently cannot "murder" enemies of God, amirite?
Jarjar3000
Posts: 273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 6:42:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Dang you guys always want to change Jesus message, say He said this but not that, He never mentioned this so its okay, He really meant this but people always say that.
This is it, Jesus said He is the only way to heaven. If you are an unrepentent homosexual, liar, thief, murderer, fornicator, adulterer, slanderer, pagan, and a few other things then you will not see the kingdom of heaven, and will go to Hell. That's it, its pretty simple.
Ohh Lord How you love me, you change my heart and soul, renewing my mind into something I could never imagine, You make me strong when I am weak, you encourage me when I'm despaired, You stick by me when everyone deserts me, You are my Lord You are my God.

Charles: I'm not a Christian because I'm afraid of hell, I'm a Christian because I love Jesus.

Geolaureate: The Pope
He looks like a Sith lord, I don't trust him.

Charles0103: Just like my God, my faith won't change.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 9:19:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/13/2011 5:33:22 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 3/12/2011 6:10:54 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 3/12/2011 10:54:40 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 3/12/2011 10:03:42 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 3/12/2011 5:40:03 AM, GodSands wrote:
I have signed up to join the TA (territorial army), by which I hope to proceed to join the regular army by next year. I want to become a fire fighter afterwards that however. I believe that I am a Christian (although I struggle a lot with sin). What are your views on Christianity and warfare?

Obviously, given the OT, God has no problem at all with killing, raping, and pillaging, so carry on!

I would disagree. There are reasons why those things happened in the Old Testament. Some were of those things were done out of mans sin, and some of those things were done based on disobedience.

OOOOHHH! That makes so much more sense now. It's OK to commit wanton murder, rape, and pillage a town so long as they were disobedient... God is so good to order those disobedient people slaughtered! By all means, carry on!

You carry on! You say the same things and you never ever inflict any self charisma to go and find out from a Christian point of view why your questions 'seem' to go un answered. There are answers for your questions, you just need to go look.

A Christian point of view? How about a human point of view? You claim to have personal issues with "sin", but it seems to me that you have no idea what is actually right and wrong. Have you considered that perhaps you are simply a bad person? Good people do not accept the killing of other people, especially mass killing. In my opinion, your mind is very limited, and you are quite capable of heinous actions. I'm glad we live on different continents, I can tell you that.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 9:24:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/13/2011 6:42:03 PM, Jarjar3000 wrote:
Dang you guys always want to change Jesus message, say He said this but not that, He never mentioned this so its okay, He really meant this but people always say that.
This is it, Jesus said He is the only way to heaven. If you are an unrepentent homosexual, liar, thief, murderer, fornicator, adulterer, slanderer, pagan, and a few other things then you will not see the kingdom of heaven, and will go to Hell. That's it, its pretty simple.

You just put homosexuals in the same category as murderers, rapists, and thieves. You're a piece of $hit, bro. Judge not, lest ye be judged. God also said said that eating shell fish is an "abomination." If you have eaten shrimp or lobster, I claim that you are going to hell, sir. Good day.
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 5:53:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/13/2011 6:42:03 PM, Jarjar3000 wrote:
Dang you guys always want to change Jesus message, say He said this but not that, He never mentioned this so its okay, He really meant this but people always say that.
This is it, Jesus said He is the only way to heaven. If you are an unrepentent homosexual, liar, thief, murderer, fornicator, adulterer, slanderer, pagan, and a few other things then you will not see the kingdom of heaven, and will go to Hell. That's it, its pretty simple.

You're the one changing his message here mate, where the hell did he say all that?
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 6:03:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 5:53:16 AM, feverish wrote:
At 3/13/2011 6:42:03 PM, Jarjar3000 wrote:
Dang you guys always want to change Jesus message, say He said this but not that, He never mentioned this so its okay, He really meant this but people always say that.
This is it, Jesus said He is the only way to heaven. If you are an unrepentent homosexual, liar, thief, murderer, fornicator, adulterer, slanderer, pagan, and a few other things then you will not see the kingdom of heaven, and will go to Hell. That's it, its pretty simple.

You're the one changing his message here mate, where the hell did he say all that?

I'm pretty sure J-dawg's (who was black by the way) message was that no sin would prevent you from getting to heaven if you accept him.