Jump to topic:

No Christian Preaching please

Nik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2009 3:44:56 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
If god is an omnipotent being, beyond description and power. Then let him convert me to christianity, let him judge me as a sinner, let him shape me into a better person. I dont want some bloody scabby mortal doing his job, stop waving your bibles at me, for you are but flesh and blood and the bible is put paper and ink, earthly things written by mortals. I answer only to god and jesus, so stop trying to tell me what I should do with my life, becuase you are NOT god.

God didnt write the bible, jesus didnt write the bible, no angel or holy spirit wrote the bible, So the bible is nothing but lies created by men to try and twist people to their own wicked ways, and always doings so (apparantly) in the name of god. I say stop this crap! By beleiving the bible we are insulting god himself, for we are beleiving that the method of his ways, the journey to self betterment, and the way to truly wroship and respect the holy trinity in all their glory, can be condensed down into mere words. The way to god can only be acheived with self discovery, no man can or should convert you, you are are only a true beleiver if you can convert yourself.

So stop telling me what I can or cant do, or what will, or what wont anger god, Because you are not god, and the only person who can judge me is god himself.
"If you could tell the world but one truth, I could convince it of a thousand lies"
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2009 4:18:30 PM
At 3/12/2009 3:44:56 PM, Nik wrote:
If god is an omnipotent being, beyond description and power. Then let him convert me to christianity, let him judge me as a sinner, let him shape me into a better person. I dont want some bloody scabby mortal doing his job, stop waving your bibles at me, for you are but flesh and blood and the bible is put paper and ink, earthly things written by mortals. I answer only to god and jesus, so stop trying to tell me what I should do with my life, becuase you are NOT god.
" Go into the world and spread the gospel to all nations and peoples making them my disciples." This is known as the great commision NOT the great suggestion.
God didnt write the bible, jesus didnt write the bible, no angel or holy spirit wrote the bible, So the bible is nothing but lies created by men to try and twist people to their own wicked ways, and always doings so (apparantly) in the name of god. I say stop this crap! By beleiving the bible we are insulting god himself, for we are beleiving that the method of his ways, the journey to self betterment, and the way to truly wroship and respect the holy trinity in all their glory, can be condensed down into mere words. The way to god can only be acheived with self discovery, no man can or should convert you, you are are only a true beleiver if you can convert yourself.
The Bible is the inerrant, infallible and inspired Living Word of God, completely reliable and trustworthy. It also holds the only key to eternal Life.
So stop telling me what I can or cant do, or what will, or what wont anger god, Because you are not god, and the only person who can judge me is god himself.
Sorry, sir.. but this forum has been claimed in the name above all names.. In the name of Jesus Christ who is King of kings and Lord of lords..
The Cross.. the Cross.
InquireTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2009 4:27:15 PM
What you are requesting is simply not possible. You are asking someone who sincerely cares about others (I'm speaking broadly) to no longer care - if, by mere request, someone could stop caring, then I question whether they cared at all.

Moreover, your diatribe is full of assumptions, and, quite ironically (and contradictory?), comes in the form of what appears to be a sermon.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2009 4:42:56 PM
At 3/12/2009 4:19:10 PM, Harlan wrote:
Jesus was a Human; made of flesh and blood. Not bread and wine, flesh and blood.

Yes completely human.. and TOTALLY God. The bread and wine represent His body and blood.. that he broke and spilt for me.. and for YOU.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Nik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2009 5:33:28 PM
DACTMOTO you have said that god has spoken to you in his own way, a message straight from god himself. Is this not true? Would you consider a genuine mesage from god himself more sacred and holy than the most important and holy message in the bible? I would. We should stop following the bible, we should start following God, why do christians find the idea of following God and not the bible so hard to accept?
"If you could tell the world but one truth, I could convince it of a thousand lies"
Nik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2009 5:35:34 PM
And I claim this forum in the name of liberty, peace, truth, tolerance, and knowlege.

The ideals that are most true and loved by god.
PATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2009 5:47:08 PM
At 3/12/2009 5:33:28 PM, Nik wrote:
DACTMOTO you have said that god has spoken to you in his own way, a message straight from god himself. Is this not true? Would you consider a genuine mesage from god himself more sacred and holy than the most important and holy message in the bible? I would. We should stop following the bible, we should start following God, why do christians find the idea of following God and not the bible so hard to accept?

Ahh, yes but a little problem there Nick... When God spoke to me personally, he DID SAY he had written the Bible and though it has been corrupted in recent times, the general gist of it is still his word. It has been ghost-written if you will.

So you have also had a visit from the Lord above, DATCMOTO?? Wasn't it wonderful? What did He look like to you?
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2009 6:00:11 PM
At 3/12/2009 5:35:34 PM, Nik wrote:
And I claim this forum in the name of liberty, peace, truth, tolerance, and knowlege.

The ideals that are most true and loved by god.

This is a bit of a change from your previous statement that mere mortals can not tell us about god. Here you are doing the thing you were just a minute ago denouncing: claiming to know about god, even though you are just a human.

God is unknowable.
Nik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2009 6:08:02 PM
Lol! yeah well I dont believe in anything I said, Im an atheist after all!

Just wanted to get my head around why christians are so devoted to the bible.
Nik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2009 6:09:19 PM
One more question though.

Are you guys proud of being christian?
PATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2009 6:29:53 PM
At 3/12/2009 6:23:46 PM, Epicism wrote:
Too proud if you ask me.. but I wouldn't know.

There's no such thing as too proud when you're with the Lord. Imagine if you were hanging out with Mr. T or Vinnie Barberino or the Fonz... how cool and accepted would you feel? Well being wiht the Lord is like 100 times cooler and more proud!
Spaghettim0nst3r
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2009 6:40:10 PM
At 3/12/2009 6:29:53 PM, PATCMOTO wrote:

There's no such thing as too proud when you're with the Lord. Imagine if you were hanging out with Mr. T or Vinnie Barberino or the Fonz... how cool and accepted would you feel? Well being wiht the Lord is like 100 times cooler and more proud!

Obviously a sock puppet account...
...the question is... whose is it?
Nik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2009 6:49:14 PM

Well im afraid pride is a sin according to the bible, you now must repent for sinning by being proud of your religion.
Nail_Bat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2009 8:42:29 PM
You see, that's the funny thing about free speech. You have to put up with people saying things you don't agree with. Imagine that!
KRFournier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2009 9:34:07 PM

1. Why do Christians bother you so much? Why all the hostility?

2. If only God can judge you, wouldn't be handy to know how to enter into his good graces before said judgement?
Nik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2009 12:20:12 PM
Im not angry! Im just passionate!

I appologise if my little rant came across as hostile some of best friends are christian and didnt mean to anger anyone.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2009 12:30:30 PM
At 3/12/2009 6:40:10 PM, Spaghettim0nst3r wrote:

Obviously a sock puppet account...
...the question is... whose is it?

My No.1 suspect is JustCallMeTarzan.. O.K my only suspect!
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2009 1:15:25 PM
At 3/13/2009 12:49:25 PM, KRFournier wrote:
I doubt it. JustCallMeTarzan already has his outlet... that web page of things Christians have said to him. (I forget the name).

Consider the evidence.. The only person to debate PATCMOTO is JustCallMeTarzan.. to me that is EXACTLY the kind of cover someone this arrogant would try to pull.. Also in the comments of said debate JustCallMeTarzan accused me almost instantly of being PATCMOTO.. that pretty much sealed it for me.. the double bluff.. too obvious.
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2009 1:51:58 PM
At 3/13/2009 1:15:25 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 3/13/2009 12:49:25 PM, KRFournier wrote:
I doubt it. JustCallMeTarzan already has his outlet... that web page of things Christians have said to him. (I forget the name).

Consider the evidence.. The only person to debate PATCMOTO is JustCallMeTarzan.. to me that is EXACTLY the kind of cover someone this arrogant would try to pull.. Also in the comments of said debate JustCallMeTarzan accused me almost instantly of being PATCMOTO.. that pretty much sealed it for me.. the double bluff.. too obvious.

I've just seen the account has been closed so hurrah for decency and all that!
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2009 1:58:52 PM
At 3/12/2009 6:09:19 PM, Nik wrote:
One more question though.

Are you guys proud of being christian?

To be associated with the name of Jesus Christ is the ONLY thing to be proud of.. MUCH more importantly is.. Is HE proud of me? or YOU?
The Cross.. the Cross.
crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2009 2:42:56 PM

The Bible is the word of God. By listening and following the Bible we follow God. You're practically saying "Why do Christians find the idea of following God and not God so hard to accept?"
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success"

"Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."
- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2009 2:50:08 PM
At 3/13/2009 2:42:56 PM, crackofdawn_Jr wrote:

The Bible is the word of God. By listening and following the Bible we follow God. You're practically saying "Why do Christians find the idea of following God and not God so hard to accept?"

INDEED. God has spoke to me.. BUT if an inner voice said anything that contradicted the Bible I would immediately know that it was not of God.. which of course is one of the most important functions of the Bible.. to verify truth.
The Cross.. the Cross.
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 4:30:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago

Yes, that's what Christians are trying to warn you about! You'll answer to Christ!

God didnt write the bible, jesus didnt write the bible, no angel or holy spirit wrote the bible, So the bible is nothing but lies created by men to try and twist people to their own wicked ways

The premises don't follow the conclusion

, and always doings so (apparantly) in the name of god. I say stop this crap! By beleiving the bible :we are insulting god himself, for we are beleiving that the method of his ways, the journey to self :betterment, and the way to truly wroship and respect the holy trinity in all their glory, can be :condensed down into mere words. The way to god can only be acheived with self :discovery, no man can or should convert you, you are are only a true beleiver if you can convert :yourself.

Assertion

What InquireTruth said
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 4:31:17 PM
Wow, this is an inactive place!!!
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 9:59:16 PM
If god is an omnipotent being, beyond description and power. Then let him convert me to christianity,

God doesn't need to speak for himself, cause there are so many doing it for him. If everyone was to be silent until God spoke how long do you think it would be ?

No church/religion ever grew by having the sermon of, let everyone shut the hell up till God speaks.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 10:46:32 PM
At 4/27/2011 4:30:36 PM, vardas0antras wrote:

Yes, that's what Christians are trying to warn you about! You'll answer to Christ!

God didnt write the bible, jesus didnt write the bible, no angel or holy spirit wrote the bible, So the bible is nothing but lies created by men to try and twist people to their own wicked ways

The premises don't follow the conclusion

, and always doings so (apparantly) in the name of god. I say stop this crap! By beleiving the bible :we are insulting god himself, for we are beleiving that the method of his ways, the journey to self :betterment, and the way to truly wroship and respect the holy trinity in all their glory, can be :condensed down into mere words. The way to god can only be acheived with self :discovery, no man can or should convert you, you are are only a true beleiver if you can convert :yourself.

Assertion

What InquireTruth said

Lol vardas0antras the previous comment to this was two years ago.
So what page in the forums was this thread sitting in when you found it?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Charles0103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2011 9:15:38 PM

Jesus made it perfectly clear that WE THE CHURCH are meant to spread the message of Christ. I think DATCOMO already said this. God isn't going to magically appear in front of you. I'm sorry, that's life. He didn't appear for me either and I, along with 2.5 billion other people believe in Him.

God didnt write the bible, jesus didnt write the bible, no angel or holy spirit wrote the bible, So the bible is nothing but lies created by men to try and twist people to their own wicked ways, and always doings so (apparantly) in the name of god.

...says the guy who has never read the Bible. But in all seriousness, the Bible was compiled at the Council of Nasea in about 375 AD. Constantine was the Cesar of Rome and wanted to stabilize the empire with a new religion... the Roman Catholic Church. He got 400 of the world's greatest religious figures together and found books of the Bible that truly represent God in the pre-Christ period and the time that Jesus himself was here.

I say stop this crap! By beleiving the bible we are insulting god himself, for we are beleiving that the method of his ways, the journey to self betterment, and the way to truly wroship and respect the holy trinity in all their glory, can be condensed down into mere words.

It's an instruction book. You're right, you can't take the instructions to repair a car, wave the little paper book around and say, "Look at my car everyone!" It's building the car that counts. We use the instructions, the Bible, to fix our car, our lives.

The way to god can only be acheived with self discovery, no man can or should convert you, you are are only a true beleiver if you can convert yourself.

Self discovery through Christ. People need to hear who Jesus was and the amazing things He did. If it was "self discovery," Jesus wouldn't need to have come in the first place.

I'm not telling you what to do. No Christian is. We're just telling you about this guy named Jesus who came to show you who God was. You say you're looking for God to reveal himself to you? He already has. You're 2,000 years late. His name's Jesus Christ; He loves you, and He loves me too.
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10