Jump to topic:

Historicity o The 10 Plagues of Egypt

Dawn_Silverspirit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 7:25:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The rest of my original message didn't post for some reason...

I question the historicity of the 10 Plagues of Egypt and am putting together a case for that argument. I've only just begun my research today; does anyone have any sources or information (for both sides as I like to try and be as objective as possible.)
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 12:04:53 AM
I would think it would be more obviously recorded if all the firstborn sons happened to die on the same day one year. I'd start there and look for links...
Dawn_Silverspirit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 2:24:21 AM
Thanks. :-) I've considered that as well as the fact that someone somewhere would have recorded the loss of such a great number of the Egyptian army, the fact that such a great number of slaves escaped/left the country, that many of the plagues would have had an enormous economic impact on Egypt (locusts destroying crops, disease and tainted water killing livestock and fish, boils devastating the workforce.)

At 3/14/2011 12:04:53 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
I would think it would be more obviously recorded if all the firstborn sons happened to die on the same day one year. I'd start there and look for links...
asdjkli
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 10:55:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/14/2011 2:24:21 AM, Dawn_Silverspirit wrote:
Thanks. :-) I've considered that as well as the fact that someone somewhere would have recorded the loss of such a great number of the Egyptian army, the fact that such a great number of slaves escaped/left the country, that many of the plagues would have had an enormous economic impact on Egypt (locusts destroying crops, disease and tainted water killing livestock and fish, boils devastating the workforce.)

You're forgetting to look at it at this perspective, if u lost ur king, army and slave force to a non existing entity (to the Egyptians), would you record it? Do communist countries tell of losses to their people? Egypt was a monarchial nation who lost their Pharaoh and first born son ie The heir.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 11:50:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/3/2013 10:55:34 PM, asdjkli wrote:
At 3/14/2011 2:24:21 AM, Dawn_Silverspirit wrote:

You're forgetting to look at it at this perspective, if u lost ur king, army and slave force to a non existing entity (to the Egyptians), would you record it? Do communist countries tell of losses to their people? Egypt was a monarchial nation who lost their Pharaoh and first born son ie The heir.

And that is recorded where? Ahh I thought so. It would take 3 months for the last of the 4 million people to reach where the first started. Have fun with your book.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin